Amazon Black Friday / Cyber Monday Week Deals (11/25-12/7) Lightning Deals In Progress

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Grab a free 30 trial, just in time for the holidays!

Amazon Black Friday Hub
The deals run from 11/25 to 12/7. This post is a work in progress.
Deals will be offered like Gold Box Lightning Deals in which certain items are on only on sale for a few hours before cycling to a new set of deals. All deals are available until all the units are claimed or until the promotional period ends, whichever comes first.

Video Games Deals Current & Future Lightning Deals (does not appear on mobile)
Current, Non-Lightning Deals:
$49 Xbox One Games (Dead Rising 3 Day 1, Ryse Day 1 Forza 5 Day 1, Call of Duty: Ghosts, NBA 2K14, FIFA 14, NFS: Rivals)
$49 PS4 Games (CoD Ghosts, Knack, FIFA 14, NFS: Rivals, Battlefield 4, Lego Marvel)

Coming this week:
Xbox 360 250 GB Holiday Value Bundle including Halo 4 and Tomb Raider $189.99 - LIVE
PS3 250GB Bundle including The Last of Us and Batman Arkham Origins $199 - LIVE
$34 games including: Grand Theft Auto V and Batman Arkham Origins
$25 games including: FIFA 14, Madden 25, Battlefield 4, NCAA
Call of Duty Ghosts $39.96
Skylanders Swap Force Characters – Buy 2 Get 1 Free

Digital Playstation Network Deals ($5 credit with select titles)
Digital PC/Mac Video Game Deals (CAG Thread)
[skydrive]https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=F33D97CED7875B93&resid=F33D97CED7875B93!169&authkey=AITPbA9QbgGZV84&em=2&Item=Table1&wdHideGridlines=True[/skydrive]
https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=F33D97CED7875B93&resid=F33D97CED7875B93!169&authkey=AITPbA9QbgGZV84&em=2&Item=Table1&wdHideGridlines=True

Movie & TV Current & Future Lightning Deals
Software Deals Current & Future Lightning Deals
TV, Audio, and Video Deals

Other known offers:
Electronics:

• Vizio E550i-A0 55-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart HDTV, $479.99
  • Seiki 32-inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV, $98
  • Seiki 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV, $229
  • Vizio 60-inch 1080p 120Hz HDTV, $688
  • Samsung 65-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV (Black), $999
  • Samsung 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Ultra Slim Smart LED HDTV, $1297.99
  • Sony BDP-S3100 Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi, $54.99
  • Google Chromecast streaming media player, $29.99
  • Save on a selection of laptops from great brands like Asus, Dell and Lenovo starting at $239.99
  • Save $80 on a waterproof action camera
  • Canon T3 Digital SLR Camera, under $400
  • Nikon D3200 Digital SLR Camera and 2 lens kit, under $500
  • Save $300 on Fujifilm XS-1 26x long zoom camera
  • Jawbone Jambox Bluetooth Speaker, $99.99
  • HTC One, $0.01 with a new 2 year contract (with Sprint, Verizon, AT&T)
Toys:

• 50% off LeapFrog LeapPad2 Learning Tablet - Doc McStuffins Bundle (Amazon Exclusive)
  • 50% off K'NEX Angry Birds Christmas Advent Calendar (Amazon Exclusive)
  • Up to 50% off SpongeBob toys
  • 50% off select VTech toys
Books and Movies:

• Up to 53% off popular books throughout Black Friday weekend, including LIFE: The Day Kennedy Died
  • 25 Cinematic Kindle Books, $1.99 each
  • Up to 63% off 8,000 popular movies and TV shows including Dexter, Jack Reacher, and The Heat
  • Hourly Lightning Deals with savings up to 80% on over 440 movies & TV shows
Kitchen:

• Mr. Coffee single-cup brewer powered by Keurig (assorted colors), $64.99
  • Skybar 1-Chamber Wine Preservation System, $179.99
  • Oster Rechargeable and Cordless Wine Opener with Chiller, $14.99
Tools:

• Up to 60% off best-selling tools from DEWALT and Bosch
  • $10 off purchase of $50 or more on select Black & Decker tools
DIY:

• Save $100 on SINGER Fashion Mate 70-Stitch Computerized Free-Arm Sewing Machine
  • Bond Pink 5-Piece Garden Tool Bag and Gift Set, Under $20
Pets:

• ABO Gear, Fun Tunnel for Cats, $21.19
  • 45% off Perky-Pet Copper Triple Tube Bird Feeder
Music:

• Up to 60% off popular albums including New by Paul McCartney, Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke and Blunderbuss by Jack White
  • MP3 albums start at $5.99 including Luke Bryan, Kasey Musgraves, The Head & The Heart, The Avett Brothers, Vampire Weekend, Janelle Monae, Phoenix and Drake
  • Memorex SingStand 2 Karaoke System, $54.99
  • First Act Kids Instrument Bundle, $99.99
Baby:

• Save 50% or more on Philips AVENT Infant Starter Gift Set
  • Save 60% or more on Levana Stella Baby Monitor
  • Save up to 30% on select Skip Hop Diaper Bags
  • Save 40% or more on BABYBJORN Organic Baby Carrier
Fashion and Apparel:

• Up to 60% off jackets & coats
  • Up to 65% off sweaters & fleece
  • Up to 60% off pajamas & robes
  • 25% off boots, slippers & more

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, usually just about any $10 or less game goes quick on Lightning Deals.  For Dead Space 3 to be sitting there smiling at 22% doesn't speak too well on the game.  

Wow, usually just about any $10 or less game goes quick on Lightning Deals. For Dead Space 3 to be sitting there smiling at 22% doesn't speak too well on the game.
Or it could have something to do with the fact that many people (like me) bought it for $10 when it was a LD the first or second time this BF/Cyber Monday time period.

EDIT: Ninja'd!

Ugh, I feel weak. Since there was still supply, and since the Revengeance was for the PS3 version as well, I went ahead and grabbed the Legacy collection and Revengeance.

Also, Dead Space 3 was definitely the weakest of the series. They went far too deep into the micro-transactions, and it ended up diluting the experience. It's worth getting for $9.99. But I would recommend avoiding most of the side-missions in the game. Just critical-path the play-through. The side missions are repetitive and all follow the same formula.

Well, I just got my $10 from Bing so I went ahead and picked up Dead Space 3. Should be decent enough for free. Still haven't played 1 or 2 though.

is it bad that I'm tempted by Forza Horizon at that price?  I bought last year at BF for $15 then traded it in for $22 but I'm kinda interested in picking it back up...

is it bad that I'm tempted by Forza Horizon at that price? I bought last year at BF for $15 then traded it in for $22 but I'm kinda interested in picking it back up...
Lol, I also bought it last year and flipped it and now want to play it too. If it were 9.99 I wouldn't be hesitating but at 12.99 I have to mull it over.

Just received my Battlefield 4 for PS3 that I got for $24.99.  And it's the Limited Edition with the China Rising DLC.  Nice!  Wasn't even expecting it.  :D

Which forza is better? 4 or horizon
Done a lot of research on this.

Forza 4 for racing purists who want to tune their cars. Also closed tracks and more specific racing environments.

Forza Horizon for more casual racers who want to grab and go. Open tracks, racing on highways.

I ended up getting Forza 4. I'm installing it now :). I've also read that Horizon pushes microtransactions farther than 4, with 5 being the ultimate F-U to the customer.

LOL @ Amazon running not only the exact same Epic Mickey 2 Wii U Lightning Deal a day later, but repeating the exact same unpurchasable bug where the "deal" price is higher than the everyday sale price.

What kind of incompetents do they have running the sale anyway?

Forza 4 for racing purists who want to tune their cars. Also closed tracks and more specific racing environments.
Forza Horizon for more casual racers who want to grab and go. Open tracks, racing on highways.

I ended up getting Forza 4. I'm installing it now :). I've also read that Horizon pushes microtransactions farther than 4, with 5 being the ultimate F-U to the customer.
How much does forza 4 cost? Does it have deal before?

I found Horizon to be more 'FUN' in general. However, I'm not a racing game fanatic. The radio stations were enjoyable to drive around the open world and race to, even though it wasn't anything I normally listen to.

How much does forza 4 cost? Does it have deal before ?

I was hoping for Black Friday or Cyber Monday to see like Batman Arkham Origins for 15 bucks. Silly me for having such thoughts. It is not like it was the most well received game :p

I was hoping for Black Friday or Cyber Monday to see like Batman Arkham Origins for 15 bucks. Silly me for having such thoughts. It is not like it was the most well received game :p
It happens to Really Cheap Ass Gamers here. If you have a backlog, it will be $15 soon enough (6 months at least)

It happens to Really Cheap Ass Gamers here. If you have a backlog, it will be $15 soon enough (6 months at least)
Yeah you are definitely right on that.

Just a side note, I find it funny that the day I finally purchase a Vita they decide to have a lightning deal for the PSP that I saw they put it just now for 80 bucks.

Not a bad deal if anyone just wants to play PSP games.

XCOM Enemy Within is $25 on Amazon now -- Xbox 360 and PS3 versions. Jumped in on it -- kind of cool, seeing as how I went in on the AmEx sync credit deal for a $25 credit, so I essentially got it for free. :)

How about those Wii U controllers? The reviews are pretty bad, but for $10?
They aren't Wii U controllers, but they are being cynically marketed as Wii U controllers.

They will only work with games that support the Wiimote or OG Classic Controller for the Wii. So mostly for Virtual Console titles.

It is called a "Pro" controller but it will not function in any of the games that Wii U has made for their own Wii U Pro Controller.

They are borderline KIRF and Amazon should be more than a little ashamed for carrying them.

Consider them products meant to exploit those who don't know better.

So no, not worth $10.

That thing looks like ugly love child between SNES and 360 controllers. 

Edit: Probably late asking this, but has there been any deals on the real pro controller? Amazon, or otherwise, for the record.

Edit: Probably late asking this, but has there been any deals on the real pro controller? Amazon, or otherwise, for the record.
I think Best Buy and Wal-Mart had official sales earlier in the year for the Wii U Pro controller at $25.

A lot of Best Buy stores also individually clearanced out the white controllers starting from $10 a while back, though that was really YMMV.

Yeah you are definitely right on that.

Just a side note, I find it funny that the day I finally purchase a Vita they decide to have a lightning deal for the PSP that I saw they put it just now for 80 bucks.

Not a bad deal if anyone just wants to play PSP games.
Does anyone have any opinions regarding whether or not the PSP will go lower in the future? Missed out on the Kmart/Sears clearance a few years ago, and I've been holding out for $50-60 since. The only places I know that even still stock it are Amazon and Target (with a couple randomly distributed around Fry's). Have a bunch of UMDs I bought on the cheap over the years, and I'd hate to have to resort to pre-owned consoles as my only option.

Frustratingly no. Same with most Wii U games.

Nintendo's system is on the verge of complete irrelevancy. Their marketing is beyond mundane and boring. But by all means Nintendo, maintain an artificial price level for all your accessories and games.

They seriously need a course correction and they can start by actually putting major Wii U titles on sale at retail and digital. Huge missed opportunity to kick off the holiday shopping ... both Sony and Microsoft had deals for games and accessories, which drives eyeballs. Untouched Nintendo displays in stores should tell them something. As a Nintendo fan and day one Wii U buyer, I'm more than a little annoyed with how out of touch they are.

Is the Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition worth the price? Who has the lamp?
I think it's totally worth it. I got it for $60, if I'm not mistaken, the last time Amazon had it on sale. Great game, and the lamp is awesome.

XCOM Enemy Within is $25 on Amazon now -- Xbox 360 and PS3 versions. Jumped in on it -- kind of cool, seeing as how I went in on the AmEx sync credit deal for a $25 credit, so I essentially got it for free. :)
I already have Enemy Unknown (sealed, on my backlog *sigh*). Would Enemy Within be worth it?

Digital River. 'Nuff said.

I think Best Buy and Wal-Mart had official sales earlier in the year for the Wii U Pro controller at $25.

A lot of Best Buy stores also individually clearanced out the white controllers starting from $10 a while back, though that was really YMMV.

Does anyone have any opinions regarding whether or not the PSP will go lower in the future? Missed out on the Kmart/Sears clearance a few years ago, and I've been holding out for $50-60 since. The only places I know that even still stock it are Amazon and Target (with a couple randomly distributed around Fry's). Have a bunch of UMDs I bought on the cheap over the years, and I'd hate to have to resort to pre-owned consoles as my only option.
Speaking of the Wii U Pro Controller, since there's been a talk of counterfeits, does the label on the back have the word "recieved" (misspelled, just like that) on everyone's original controllers?

Frustratingly no. Same with most Wii U games.

Nintendo's system is on the verge of complete irrelevancy. Their marketing is beyond mundane and boring. But by all means Nintendo, maintain an artificial price level for all your accessories and games.

They seriously need a course correction and they can start by actually putting major Wii U titles on sale at retail and digital. Huge missed opportunity to kick off the holiday shopping ... both Sony and Microsoft had deals for games and accessories, which drives eyeballs. Untouched Nintendo displays in stores should tell them something. As a Nintendo fan and day one Wii U buyer, I'm more than a little annoyed with how out of touch they are.
Totally agree. Nintendo pulled this crap with the Wii, and it worked for a while because they got the casual suckers to buy their console and truckloads of shovelware. The novelty had worn off even before the Wii U was released. I have both consoles because I love Nintendo's first-party titles, but they really need to get their act together if they want to stay in business, or else they'll go the way of Sega (which wouldn't be a bad thing, IMO - stay out of the home console business, release multiplatforms for the PS4 and XO and stick to portables with exclusives).

Mine hasn't shown up yet and I have prime. I hope mine is also the limited edition.
It should. I ordered mine after the LD, when they just generally priced BF4 $24.99 to PM Gamestop. Actually just shortly after that point. I fell asleep after eating (again) and when I woke 3 hours later the deal was over. But CS was really cool and gave it to me for $24.99.

So if you ordered it around the same time I did, it should be LE. Then again, where it's shipped from might matter too. Mine was shipped from their Nevada facility, and they apparently still hadstock of the LE.

Also, all my orders have beeen shipped via FSSS...but it's only taken 2 days to receive each order so far from USPS. Which is great, and I prefer USPS over UPS as they tend to handle packages more carefully. ;)

It should. I ordered mine after the LD, when they just generally priced BF4 $24.99 to PM Gamestop. Actually just shortly after that point. I fell asleep after eating (again) and when I woke 3 hours later the deal was over. But CS was really cool and gave it to me for $24.99.

So if you ordered it around the same time I did, it should be LE. Then again, where it's shipped from might matter too. Mine was shipped from their Nevada facility.

Also, all my orders have beeen shipped via FSSS...but it's only taken 2 days to receive each order so far from USPS. Which is great, and I prefer USPS over UPS as they tend to handle packages more carefully. ;)
I ordered mine when it was a lightning deal on Thursday and it shipped from the town i live in so I don't know why it's taking so long. Arkham city delivered in less than a day and dmc did in two days.

I ordered mine when it was a lightning deal on Thursday and it shipped from the town i live in so I don't know why it's taking so long. Arkham city delivered in less than a day and dmc did in two days.
Have you checked the tracking status for the order in your Amazon account? You definitely should have received it by now.

bread's done
Back