Amazon Console Deals

AmazonJosh

Official Representative
Hey CAGs,

For a change of pace (Well, unprecedented pace), I'm adding another thread to house all of Amazon's console deals. This is going to contain digital + physical console deals. If you want digital + physical PC deals, check here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328659-amazon-pc-deals-titanfall-3699/

Just like the PC thread, I'd love for you guys and gals to be open about everything from the quality of the deals to the format I'm using to deliver them to you. If there's anything you'd like to see run differently, feel free to shoot me a PM.

In addition to posting deals here in the OP and as a reply to the thread, you can find our current game deals here.

Enjoy the deals!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love it if Amazon did digital video game deals. This could be done currently with PSN store stuff, but it would be neat if Amazon was able to sell digital codes for Nintendo eShop stuff, too.
xbox live and psn codes yes they might but amazon would never ever sell eshop stuff they refuse to work with stuff directly from nintendo. That is why amazon sells xbox n psn card direct from amazon but amazon does not sell eshop cards only third parties sell eshop cards on amazon

xbox live and psn codes yes they might but amazon would never ever sell eshop stuff they refuse to work with stuff directly from nintendo. That is why amazon sells xbox n psn card direct from amazon but amazon does not sell eshop cards only third parties sell eshop cards on amazon
Well they need to get over their hissy fit and think about the consumer.

Either way, I'd still love PSN deals from Amazon!

Well they need to get over their hissy fit and think about the consumer.

Either way, I'd still love PSN deals from Amazon!
They used to have an Xbox Live Marketplace as well, but that went away years back - don't remember why, or why a new one never sprang up.

How about an Amazon Gamers Club like Best Buys, the "Amazon Prime" of video games? ("Amazon Amped" comes to mind!) I will admit since spending the $60 to get the Unlocked membership at BB, I've bought a dozen or so games in the last few months there since the deals work out just a little better. None at Amazon in the last few months, for years it was the other way around. Actually I regret not getting Unlocked much earlier... Anyways, pitch the idea and get that promotion!

Beyond Two Souls is damn tempting since it never goes down below $39.99 but I know eventually it'll hit $19.99.
It's already been $24.99 at Amazon and Best Buy ($19.99 @ BB if you are GCU).
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/327300-beyond-two-souls-ps3-2499-at-best-buy-amazon-pricematched/

As I posted earlier, another example of how this sale in general broke no new ground, and actually failed to reach earlier price points, especially for those of us who are GCU.

It's already been $24.99 at Amazon and Best Buy ($19.99 @ BB if you are GCU).
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/327300-beyond-two-souls-ps3-2499-at-best-buy-amazon-pricematched/

As I posted earlier, another example of how this sale in general broke no new ground, and actually failed to reach earlier price points, especially for those of us who are GCU.
Titanfall 360 was a good deal, especially if you are one of the lucky ones that still does not pay tax on amazon….

Titanfall 360 was a good deal, especially if you are one of the lucky ones that still does not pay tax on amazon….
Still mad about that tax! I guess AZ did not escape it because it came up to almost $40 in cart. Even if it's several months from now, I have little doubt it'll hit $39.99 in stores. At least then I'll have the extra income for it.

Anyone else's order get pushed back on delivery date? Mine got moved to a week from now... and I placed the order at 10 am. ;(

Ordered Batman and it was shipped to a different place I guess because it was signed for... does this happen to others when ordering from Amazon? They refunded me but I actually wanted to play the game :(

Ordered Batman and it was shipped to a different place I guess because it was signed for... does this happen to others when ordering from Amazon? They refunded me but I actually wanted to play the game :(
Wow, what a bummer! In my 15+ years Amazoning, this has not happened to me. I got a box of books left out in the rain a couple days ago if that counts, though.

It's like a $3 difference here and that's without the sale but that's not even what I was saying. It's $10 during GameStop sales for a new copy. That's what you were seeing.

From a business stand point, the strategy is great.

Gamestop may make money from new games, but they make more from used games. 

First off the trade ins. You trade in Heavy Rain for say $5. Gamestop sells it for $18.99. They just made $10+ profit and don't have to pay any fees to any company for it.

In order to convince you to buy a PUR card, they tell you you get 10% off that $18.99 price. So instead of it being $1 off, it's really $17.09 (roughly $2 off). To the average consumer, $2 off a game is still better than $2 more.

With that PUR card, you're more likely to shop at Gamestop for games instead of Walmart, BB or Target as you already know you'll get a "discount" there with that card. Actually, most people are more likely to shop at Gamestop and assume they'll get the best prices since it's a store that specializes in gaming. Same as most people shop at Fry's than BestBuy (if you have both in the same area) as Fry's only sells electronics and things that go with electronics. BB sells electronics mainly too but also sell appliances, vacuums, heaters, etc. You'd think BB would do better but Fry's (at least based on the ones in my area) get a lot more business than the BB less than 1 mile to it.

But most used games from Gamestop are $5 cheaper not $1. $5 off for a game that is usually just opened seems good to me. But I also make sure I get CIB used games. Heck just got FFXHD CE for $18 CIB 2 weeks ago. I do think Gamestop should have different prices A, G, VG or LN games but that is a bit much for them to handle when most customers that shop there could care less if it's complete or not, as long as the game is there.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm still bitter over Gamestop's priicing methodology. I know HR has been $10 at Amazon and elsewhere... just have to wait it out for another sale I guess.
They had like three a few months apart, so I think it will happen soon.

Like some kind of noob, I forgot that the prices get updated in the OP as the sales go live. Thanks for reminding me!
I was going to ask if the sales were being put into the OP, that answers it. I haven't been seeing any sales, AmazonJosh seems to be on the ball and clearing the OP when the deals are dead.

Thanks for the new thread AmazonJosh, I focus way more on console games (vs PC games). I prefer having a physical copy, case with disc that I can play anytime, without an online DRM scheme. I'll keep an eye on the OP for updates!

How about an Amazon Gamers Club like Best Buys, the "Amazon Prime" of video games? ("Amazon Amped" comes to mind!) I will admit since spending the $60 to get the Unlocked membership at BB, I've bought a dozen or so games in the last few months there since the deals work out just a little better. None at Amazon in the last few months, for years it was the other way around. Actually I regret not getting Unlocked much earlier... Anyways, pitch the idea and get that promotion!
This.

In my state (tn) I am now charged sales tax for amazon so everything this equal between amz and bby since i pay the same tax either way. With gcu i get 20 percent off any game thats new, even if they are on sale. For amazon to compete for my money (at lot of others on this site I think) you need to be going for 25% off of the current BBY price or else you are not even trying to compete.

If you just match something that bby is doing, I still buy from bestbuy as i get 20 percent off from them, so you either need to make sure your prices are 25% less than theirs (hell even more as shipping takes time and going to best buy is faster) or start up your own gamers club unlocked type of program and give 20% off all new game purchases.

Thanks for the new thread AmazonJosh, I focus way more on console games (vs PC games). I prefer having a physical copy, case with disc that I can play anytime, without an online DRM scheme. I'll keep an eye on the OP for updates!
Oh boy..

This.

In my state (tn) I am now charged sales tax for amazon so everything this equal between amz and bby since i pay the same tax either way. With gcu i get 20 percent off any game thats new, even if they are on sale. For amazon to compete for my money (at lot of others on this site I think) you need to be going for 25% off of the current BBY price or else you are not even trying to compete.
I'm also in TN (Nashville) and should probably look into GCU. Though I suspect it wouldn't benefit me as much as I buy most games digital, and the ones I buy physical copies of are typically used.

I'm a touch confused guys, could you help me understand this thread and the PC one? I bookmarked the OP because it seems like thats where the deals get posted. But amazon has deals every day, does the OP post things like black friday sales or is this just for console amazon deal posts?

EDIT: I  meant to say just for console discussion amazon deals. :wall:

I'm a touch confused guys, could you help me understand this thread and the PC one? I bookmarked the OP because it seems like thats where the deals get posted. But amazon has deals every day, does the OP post things like black friday sales or is this just for console amazon deal posts?

EDIT: I meant to say just for console discussion amazon deals. :wall:
It's basically when Josh is alerted of a sale or he worked on getting one. So mostly Gold Box for console since he mainly works with PC. Black Friday would be one that would take place here if Amazon hasn't pulled the affiliation by then.

It's basically when Josh is alerted of a sale or he worked on getting one. So mostly Gold Box for console since he mainly works with PC. Black Friday would be one that would take place here if Amazon hasn't pulled the affiliation by then.
Which means the OP post will often not have anything in it. That confused me too, I expected to see a bunch of deals in the OP, but there weren't any. Understandable, since there are many more PC digital sales than physical (or digital) console ones.

Well, this thread started with the Tuesday Gold Box that had Titanfall on sale. It's just been bumped multiple times after that.

Some of you think that Josh is PC-centric. This is a mistake. As far as I'm aware, he was previously doing physical goods. Also, he seems to be floating between between duties at the moment. Fear not, as it seems he abandons the PC crowd just as much. I hope once his tasks become more streamlined both the console and PC threads will be updated with more efficiency.

bread's done
Back