Amazon Console Deals

AmazonJosh

Official Representative
Hey CAGs,

For a change of pace (Well, unprecedented pace), I'm adding another thread to house all of Amazon's console deals. This is going to contain digital + physical console deals. If you want digital + physical PC deals, check here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328659-amazon-pc-deals-titanfall-3699/

Just like the PC thread, I'd love for you guys and gals to be open about everything from the quality of the deals to the format I'm using to deliver them to you. If there's anything you'd like to see run differently, feel free to shoot me a PM.

In addition to posting deals here in the OP and as a reply to the thread, you can find our current game deals here.

Enjoy the deals!

Last edited by a moderator:
So am I supposed to check this thread everyday to see if there's an Amazon sale?  Why not do this for every store?  Better yet, why not cut out the middleman (CAG) completely and just check the ads/deals of every store each day?

I come to this site because it's easy to use and deals are in the thread titles.  I'm not about to stumble through pages of crap to go through individual threads for any store.  No doubt I will miss out on some Amazon deals.....so be it.  But this is a terrible idea and I don't have the time or patience to fight through the nonsense.

Last edited:
So am I supposed to check this thread everyday to see if there's an Amazon sale? Why not do this for every store? Better yet, why not cut out the middleman (CAG) completely and just check the ads/deals of every store each day?

I come to this site because it's easy to use and deals are in the thread titles.
There are no deals in the title because there are no deals running right now. This thread is here so the Amazon rep can update it when he has new deals, but it's easier to keep it persistent even when no deals are running than create a new thread every time. If there's nothing in the title you can probably feel free not to bother checking the thread.

There are no deals in the title because there are no deals running right now. This thread is here so the Amazon rep can update it when he has new deals, but it's easier to keep it persistent even when no deals are running than create a new thread every time. If there's nothing in the title you can probably feel free not to bother checking the thread.
I'm curious if he's even going to keep this updated because there were no updates when Amazon had those gold box "deals" a few days ago... (forget what the games were; price were lame though; only sold 8% - lol)...

I'm curious if he's even going to keep this updated because there were no updates when Amazon had those gold box "deals" a few days ago... (forget what the games were; price were lame though; only sold 8% - lol)...
I don't know, it would be nice if he kept it updated but he's been doing a poor job of updating the PCDD thread too (which I believe is more of a priority for his job). I'm keeping hopeful he'll become more active on CAG after he finishes the hiring process for his old job (semi-long unimportant story), but I guess we'll see.

That's all well and good except OP said updates would be in the OP OR as a reply. Which is where my rant comes in. Let's just maintain the OP. Besides, as others have said, I'd rather rely on active users to share deals, not wait to post something just because OP may or may not get around to posting it here.

We need some wii u deals!
lol nope. Did Amazon and Nintendo ever make up after Nintendo refused to refund Amazon on those faulty 3DS's? Because AFAIK Amazon still refuses to sell Nintendo hardware themselves, which means I don't see much of a chance on any great deals on the hardware or software side.

Last edited:
That's all well and good except OP said updates would be in the OP OR as a reply. Which is where my rant comes in. Let's just maintain the OP.
When we've got scheduled deals, I'll update the OP and post a reply.

Also, this isn't really a discount of any sort, but what do you guys think about Microsoft dropping the mandatory Kinect from the Xbox One?

Xbox One without Kinect - $399.99

Most Amazon deals now are just copies of other retailers weekly offers mixed in with lackluster daily gold box deals every once in awhile.  I miss the days when Amazon actually offered $20 preorder credits and they offered some original promos.  I still do the majority of my shopping from Amazon except for video games which I purchase from Best Buy now because of the 20% off promotion.   

Also, this isn't really a discount of any sort, but what do you guys think about Microsoft dropping the mandatory Kinect from the Xbox One?

Meh. It's still an XBONE. I don't like the controller as much as the PS4s, I've seen people pretty much universally saying the devkit is terrible, and PS4 has Remote Play for my Vita. Unless XB1 really starts rocking it out with exclusives, then they're in trouble, I think.

Also...any response to my question back on page 1 regarding whether Amazon is able to get PSN deals independent of PSN sales?

Hey Josh,

Are there going to be any console (PS3 specifically) deals included in Mayhem? Thanks.
According to the E3 schedule that leaked a week or so back, they'll be announcing price drops for PS3 and Vita. Presumably the price drop for Vita will be the slim being sold outside the bundle (which is currently at $199.) No way of telling if those details were legit until it happens, though.

When we've got scheduled deals, I'll update the OP and post a reply.

Probably the coolest feature on the XB1 is being able to just say "Xbox, record that." and recording the last 30 seconds of gameplay or so. That just takes it away.

Microsoft is having issues this gen as Sony had issues the last gen, but once things are ironed out it's all going to be generally the same. Sony fanboys would scream and argue otherwise, but that's how it is.

Probably the coolest feature on the XB1 is being able to just say "Xbox, record that." and recording the last 30 seconds of gameplay or so. That just takes it away.

Microsoft is having issues this gen as Sony had issues the last gen, but once things are ironed out it's all going to be generally the same. Sony fanboys would scream and argue otherwise, but that's how it is.
Yeah, there's still plenty of time for Sony to hang itself. I will say that if they pull out the PS1/PS2 emu (especially if it can re-render games at 1080p) at E3 then they're going to be really, really hard for MS to catch up to.

Yeah, there's still plenty of time for Sony to hang itself. I will say that if they pull out the PS1/PS2 emu (especially if it can re-render games at 1080p) at E3 then they're going to be really, really hard for MS to catch up to.
If they do that (and make it look good) I will eat the underwear I am currently wearing right now.

We all know you go commando. Deals off.
oni4ai.gif

If they do that (and make it look good) I will eat the underwear I am currently wearing right now.
It should very much be doable on the PS4. PCSX2 does it very well, and most of the games look fantastic in 1080p even with the dated textures. PCSX2 doesn't have the advantage of system documentation for the PS2, nor does it have the ability to optimize for specific hardware like the Sony does.

Here's a fantastic PCSX2 example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lji8Lhm7Wqc

Plus if they were able to pull the emu off there's no reason they couldn't do it from disc as well. Granted that's less convenient, but it would be an amazing and absolutely huge PR move to have the entire library available on PS4 even if quite a few games aren't available on PSN.

According to the E3 schedule that leaked a week or so back, they'll be announcing price drops for PS3 and Vita. Presumably the price drop for Vita will be the slim being sold outside the bundle (which is currently at $199.) No way of telling if those details were legit until it happens, though.
i say we see price drops

ps4 349 (just to stay lower then the xbox or major pack ins)

Ps3 and vita down to 149..... now to figure to dump my fat VITA in hopes that it does fall.

can still get 104 at gamestop

It should very much be doable on the PS4. PCSX2 does it very well, and most of the games look fantastic in 1080p even with the dated textures. PCSX2 doesn't have the advantage of system documentation for the PS2, nor does it have the ability to optimize for specific hardware like the Sony does.

Here's a fantastic PCSX2 example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lji8Lhm7Wqc

Plus if they were able to pull the emu off there's no reason they couldn't do it from disc as well. Granted that's less convenient, but it would be an amazing and absolutely huge PR move to have the entire library available on PS4 even if quite a few games aren't available on PSN.
Oh, I know it's possible. I use PCSX2 all the time and love it.

Doesn't mean I think they'll do it and make it look good.

i say we see price drops

ps4 349 (just to stay lower then the xbox or major pack ins)

Ps3 and vita down to 149..... now to figure to dump my fat VITA in hopes that it does fall.

can still get 104 at gamestop
Yeah, they really do have to drop the non-bundle Slim quite a bit. I think $149 would be a really good, really aggressive cost that wouldn't undercut the bundle (the bundle would be $15 cheaper than buying the Vita Slim, BL2, and 8gb individually at that price.)

Does the 50% trade-in bonus thing they have all the time count towards consoles? That could be a pretty sweet deal.

Not Amazon related but ...

Went to my local Toys R Us tonight... they are having a huge clearance sale right now. A fairly large selection of new (older) console games were 60% off. I picked up Ico Shadow of the Col (unlabled for discount and last one in stock) for PS3 for $8. They also had a spot for Assassins Creed 3 but didn't have any stock at about $8 and Revelations. YMMV on selection.

Also went into Target and they had a rack of older console titles mislabled buy 1 get 1 free. I guess it was supposed to be Buy 1 get 1 50% off. They honored the sign and I picked up a couple of other games. YMMV.
You must be getting lonely, hijacking Josh's thread for this.

While I appreciate the thought of a consolidated Amazon console deals thread, the deals are so few and far between that a dedicated thread doesn't really seem to make sense.

I'd like to see more console (PS3 especially in my case) deals. It seems Amazon Canada has a lot more deals for console games than Amazon US. Maybe it's just the time of year? Right now, it's a little difficult to be happy with the game deal performance at Amazon because there just isn't any movement at all.
No, it's also May in Canada right now.

If you put the deals in the op would you split them up between physical and digital? I dont know about most but physical games are what interest me and I dont want to search for them out of one giant list.

Wow. Already? Only been 2 months.

Did the sales on it suck that bad?
1.25 million since launch according to VGChartz, not that bad considering there are only about 7+ million PS4s out there. Any new release on a next-gen console isn't going to sell the kinds of numbers that they do on the last-gen systems, there just aren't enough new consoles out there yet.

On a related note, I got the game from BB for $36 (after GCU) and it was the limited edition, not a bad deal at all. Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but from what I've read it sounds like a good game with nice next-gen graphics.

1.25 million since launch according to VGChartz, not that bad considering there are only about 7+ million PS4s out there. Any new release on a next-gen console isn't going to sell the kinds of numbers that they do on the last-gen systems, there just aren't enough new consoles out there yet.

On a related note, I got the game from BB for $36 (after GCU) and it was the limited edition, not a bad deal at all. Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but from what I've read it sounds like a good game with nice next-gen graphics.
1 out of 7's not bad, I guess they're pushing harder because of the dwindling amount of people that are interested. Though tbh, I'd think with the current lacking library, sales would be higher.

bread's done
Back