Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nightmare452']Yeah, its supposed to take 7-10 days, and usually I wait even longer, but I wanted to use the gift card on my preorder of Dragon Age today so I emailed to see if they send it sooner, no harm in asking either way.[/QUOTE] Hi, Check again your e-mail, I got my $40 credit after 3-4 days of my purchase of $80. They sent me a CODE. I hope it could help.

I don't think Amazon is keeping good track of these preorder bonus cashback on other game purchases. I'm still waiting on my Uncharted 2, GTA: IV BoGT, buy 2 get back $40 on next game purchase. And I don't want to keep emailing them as I hear you can get on there shit list.

^^^^^^^^^

Totally agree on that. I'm still waiting on $25 applied to my next purchase that happenes 6 weeks ago.

Haven't emailed them though. I will this afternoon.

[quote name='cheaphuck']I don't think Amazon is keeping good track of these preorder bonus cashback on other game purchases. I'm still waiting on my Uncharted 2, GTA: IV BoGT, buy 2 get back $40 on next game purchase. And I don't want to keep emailing them as I hear you can get on there shit list.[/QUOTE]

definately email on the uncharted... it's past time on it if you had it preordered...

don't think GTA IV has been sent out yet tho

Amazon shipped out GTA IV DLC to me last week. I still haven't received the $5 preorder. They shipped out Dragon Age yesterday and I just received the $10 for that.

[quote name='wildcpac']Amazon shipped out GTA IV DLC to me last week. I still haven't received the $5 preorder. They shipped out Dragon Age yesterday and I just received the $10 for that.[/QUOTE]No gift card for my GTA IV DLC disc either, so it's off to email them.

I've not received an email for the bonus items from Dragon Age either, so I'm going to give them a few days before emailing them about those missing items.

i sent them an email in regards to the tekken pre order bonus and $5 for gta episodes earlier, still no reply. i kind of expect a "10 business days" reply but it has been 10 days since tekken shipped, and it's never taken this long to get preorder bonuses before.

Can someone remind me what the 360 Dragon Age Origins pre-order bonuses were and do? Last time I looked there were two other downloads besides the Lion's Paw but I can't remember what they were or what they do.

[quote name='bg2001']Can someone remind me what the 360 Dragon Age Origins pre-order bonuses were and do? Last time I looked there were two other downloads besides the Lion's Paw but I can't remember what they were or what they do.[/QUOTE]

Besides the $10 credit (which I got yesterday), the other two bonuses were the Memory Band and the Blood Dragon Armor. The armor code is on a card included with the game, but what about the other two? Is Amazon supposed to mail us a code?

EDIT: NM, they were emailed to me a few hours after writing this.

Last edited by a moderator:
My PS3 version of Dragon Age shipped out today. I just got the item codes, but have yet to receive the 10 dollar credit. I'm sure it will happen soon enough though.

When all is said and done I'm going to have 80 dollars worth of credit to use. I have no idea what to get. Probably pre-order Bayonetta or Assassin's Creed 2.

I had to email Amazon about my DJ Hero $10 credit. I per-ordered it before they added the $10 preorder credit that was suppose to be automatically added but it was not (surprise surprise). Either way they added $10 promo credit to my account.

i emailed them about both the tekken 6 costume and $5 gift card with gta episodes and was told to wait until nov. 10 and 11 for them

[quote name='HomieGFunk03']I got my email but it looks like the codes are for the PS3 version and not the 360 version. This happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]
You have to enter them in the game, not the XBOX dash

[quote name='Jaysonguy']You have to enter them in the game, not the XBOX dash[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I hadn't got the chance to fire it up yet and was trying to dl via xbox.com

Thanks mate you are a life saver.I have been looking for this all over right from the blue ray forum. Am glad i have to say. Woah.

I dumped out my change bank and headed over to the local Coinstar and managed to get a $27.36 Amazon gift card out of it.

Plus I have a final ECA credit I never used.

screenshot20091108at136.png

Plus I'll be getting the $10 credit on top of that.

Sweet deal on New Super Mario Bros.

Anyone still not get there GTA IV: BoGT $5 code? This is the third discount Amazon has not come through on and I just know its going to be the same shit with the MW2 $20 gift code.:cry:

[quote name='cheaphuck']Anyone still not get there GTA IV: BoGT $5 code? This is the third discount Amazon has not come through on and I just know its going to be the same shit with the MW2 $20 gift code.:cry:[/QUOTE]

I had to e-mail them. It's very hit and miss. They say it takes up to 2 business days after release, so I wait at least that long before sending them a note, but I've ordered several games on this deal the past few months and if it isn't there by morning of release, it doesn't come until I e-mail them.

I received 3 on morning of release, before the games were even at my house (Uncharted, Smackdown vs RAW and Dragons Age), I had to e-mail on I think about 5 or 6.

[quote name='cheaphuck']Anyone still not get there GTA IV: BoGT $5 code? This is the third discount Amazon has not come through on and I just know its going to be the same shit with the MW2 $20 gift code.:cry:[/QUOTE]

i also had it pre ordered and didn't receive the code yet. i emailed them and they said it can take up 10 business days to receive the credit (they also said this in the fine print of the promo), and basically told me to wait until tues. nov. 10 (which is 10 business days).

I got impatient and called them (got lucky and got someone with perfect english too). She just applied the $5 promo GC to my account, but the thing is that they usually still send the email out so I'm hoping an email will show up in the next few days showing another $5 promo gc.

I'm giving my MW2 and L4D2 preorders up to 2 days ONLY to get the emails before I call in again asking them to credit me.

[quote name='Lt Dan']I got impatient and called them (got lucky and got someone with perfect english too). She just applied the $5 promo GC to my account, but the thing is that they usually still send the email out so I'm hoping an email will show up in the next few days showing another $5 promo gc.

I'm giving my MW2 and L4D2 preorders up to 2 days ONLY to get the emails before I call in again asking them to credit me.[/QUOTE]

l4d2 doesnt have a credit

I think it did a few months back when I preordered, I just cant remember when.
Am I the only one who thought this?

[quote name='yokofox33']My PS3 version of Dragon Age shipped out today. I just got the item codes, but have yet to receive the 10 dollar credit. I'm sure it will happen soon enough though.

When all is said and done I'm going to have 80 dollars worth of credit to use. I have no idea what to get. Probably pre-order Bayonetta or Assassin's Creed 2.[/QUOTE]
It looks as though you can only get one of these pre-order credits. I expected to get a credit for all of these games I had pre-ordered. But, I was reading the stipulations and was kind of curious about the limit one per customer and if it was per title or one for all titles. So, I asked amazon. This is the response I got. I ended up canceling all but MW2, because it looks like it is one promotion for all titles. Just wanted to give you all a heads up. Below is the response back from Amazon.

This is the email response I got:

"Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

Firstly, I would like to apologize for any misunderstanding this may have caused you.

I have checked this promotion on our website and as stated on our website, please note that these promotion are limit of 1 per customer. Please note that you are eligible only for one promotion for these items, Assasins Creed 2 or Super Mario are not eligible for this promotion.

Further, I would like to inform you that $20.00 for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will be applied to your account once this product is shipped. For your reference, I have included the link to the offer below:

Once again, I am sorry if this information was not clear while placing an order.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question."

[quote name='jkudlo']It looks as though you can only get one of these pre-order credits. I expected to get a credit for all of these games I had pre-ordered. But, I was reading the stipulations and was kind of curious about the limit one per customer and if it was per title or one for all titles. So, I asked amazon. This is the response I got. I ended up canceling all but MW2, because it looks like it is one promotion for all titles. Just wanted to give you all a heads up. Below is the response back from Amazon.

This is the email response I got:

"Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

Firstly, I would like to apologize for any misunderstanding this may have caused you.

I have checked this promotion on our website and as stated on our website, please note that these promotion are limit of 1 per customer. Please note that you are eligible only for one promotion for these items, Assasins Creed 2 or Super Mario are not eligible for this promotion.

Further, I would like to inform you that $20.00 for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will be applied to your account once this product is shipped. For your reference, I have included the link to the offer below:

Once again, I am sorry if this information was not clear while placing an order.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question."[/QUOTE]

you got a CSR that didn't know what they were talking about... I've received a ton of these credits in that last few months... it is one per title... I can't say if you get 1 per console per title... but I know you get 1 per title....

[quote name='Afflicted']you got a CSR that didn't know what they were talking about... I've received a ton of these credits in that last few months... it is one per title... I can't say if you get 1 per console per title... but I know you get 1 per title....[/QUOTE]
Exactly.

That CSR is making up stuff. It should be 1 offer per title.

[quote name='no_exit']Exactly.

That CSR is making up stuff. It should be 1 offer per title.[/QUOTE]

OK. Sorry, I didn't know. It's the first time I've used those, and didn't want to get caught up in some stupid rules game, so I just thought I'd post to give anyone a heads up. It it doesn't work that way, awesome.

[quote name='Viol8tor']Was going to snag New Super Mario Bros off Gamefly, but left over eca + Gold Box and a $10 VG card makes this a sweeter deal. Thanks Cheapy-To the-D. :bouncy:

Too bad Left 4 dead 2 never got any VG credit /pre-order love.[/QUOTE]

Is there a guide to getting a game to show up in your Gold Box on the boards here?

I would have done this had I known how to, though with the ECA discount I'm sure it wouldn't have been a whole lot cheaper so I'm not gonna let it bother me too much.

Are they actually e-mailing codes?

The only code I received via e-mail was from Kingdom Hearts on the DS. I BELIEVE the code I got for DJ Hero was just credited to my account. I preordered a game, and I got $10 off without explanation.

Hurray, Amazon sent me the $20 credit for modern warfare 2. However, they've yet to give me the $10 for Dragon Age. I guessssssssssssssss its time to e-mail them again.

[quote name='fundogmo']Hurray, Amazon sent me the $20 credit for modern warfare 2. However, they've yet to give me the $10 for Dragon Age. I guessssssssssssssss its time to e-mail them again.[/QUOTE]

I just got an email for my $20 credit for MW2 a few moments ago as well...
However, I have yet to receive the $5 credit for the GTA episodes. I emailed them earlier this morning and have not heard back yet.

So I JUST e-mailed them about the Dragon Age $10 code, and they replied within 20 minutes with a $10 credit (for not just videogames). I mean, its a pain to have to follow up on this promotional credit again (when I had to call them about Uncharted and Brutal Legend, and will probably do it again for NSMB Wii), but I've never had to argue with a CSR rep.

Yep it's the 10th. Time to start emailing them about the GTA $5 and Tekken pre-order codes. Did anyone ever get either? Haven't seen a single post saying they did.

Didn't get my MW2 $20 yet, but since people are getting them hopefully it's just a matter of time.

[quote name='Bebpo']Yep it's the 10th. Time to start emailing them about the GTA $5 and Tekken pre-order codes. Did anyone ever get either? Haven't seen a single post saying they did.

Didn't get my MW2 $20 yet, but since people are getting them hopefully it's just a matter of time.[/QUOTE]

yeah i sent them a second email about an hour ago about tekken and gta, but i did receive my $20 for MW2 earlier today.

After emailing amazon early this morning and still no reply, I got impatient and ended up calling them and the lady I spoke with was very friendly and applied the $5.00 credit from GTA with no hassle. Also just noticed that the credit is applicable towards anything, not just games.

I got a response to my GTA email and they just refunded me $5, which works for me.
No response on my Tekken pre-order inquiry, I'm guessing they never got the batch of pre-order codes from Namco so they're not going to have a solution. I don't really care about the costume, so if I don't get a response I'm just going to forget about that one.

Haven't got my MW2 $20 still, booo; I really hope that one comes through automatically since you guys got yours.

I just received an Email from Amazon. I got a code from my purchase of GTA: Episodes from Liberty City. The problem is, it's a $5 code to their video on demand service, not a $5 game credit. Is this something additional they are doing and I should still get the $5 game credit, or did I get screwed?

Did this happen to anybody else?

I emailed Amazon about not receiving the $5 dollar promo. They applied the $5 dollar promo into my account. Today I just received the $5 dollar gift card email from Amazon. So they gave me $10 for GTA.

I got my $5 from Episodes from Liberty City today, but my Modern Warfare 2 still hasn't even shipped. Normally not a big deal but I have to wait till I get my $20 credit to order Left 4 Dead 2 since I've heard that the credit expired at the end of the year and it's the last game I'm buying this year.

[quote name='wildcpac']Did this happen to anybody else?

I emailed Amazon about not receiving the $5 dollar promo. They applied the $5 dollar promo into my account. Today I just received the $5 dollar gift card email from Amazon. So they gave me $10 for GTA.[/QUOTE]
Yep
i called amazon and asked for it. I should have asked them if they could give anymore for the inconvenience, they usually throw in another $5 just for asking, but hell, cant complain for getting $10 in gc back :D

bread's done
Back