Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bg2001']Question - can you use more than one of these credits on a single purchase? I have a $5 code from UC2 and will have $10 from Dragon Age Origins. Will probably use for the God of War Collection if I can use them both at once.[/QUOTE]

It will do that for you automatically.

[quote name='wildcpac']Did anybody receive their Smackdown 2010 $10 credit yet? They shipped me the game on Monday, I received it Wednesday and I still haven't received the credit.[/QUOTE]

I am waiting on it as well. I emailed them this morning but haven't heard back from them. I will try again tomorrow night if I don't receive it(they say 2 business days after shipping and that would be today).

[quote name='wildcpac']Did anybody receive their Smackdown 2010 $10
credit yet? They shipped me the game on Monday, I received it Wednesday and I still haven't received the credit.[/QUOTE]

I did get mine. It was in my account Tuesday morning and I even got an e-mail confirming I was given a $10 Promotional Credit for that game.

PSN store special: Try out Ratchet Demo, receive $5 Amazon credit torwards R&C: A Crack in Time.

Promotional code: RATCHET3

[quote name='roasted']Is NSMBWii not getting a $10 credit anymore? It doesn't show anymore on the game's webpage.[/QUOTE]

I just noticed this as well... say it ain't so. Removing a deal with no notification takes some balls seeing as some people preordered for this reason. I hope it's a mistake.

[quote name='rogXue']I just noticed this as well... say it ain't so. Removing a deal with no notification takes some balls seeing as some people preordered for this reason. I hope it's a mistake.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't get too worried if you've already ordered -- if anything, they more than likely have stopped offering it for new pre-orders, but will honor it for the ones that were made while it was up. If for some reason they don't do it automatically, it seems like most people have no problem getting them to do it by contacting them.

On the other hand, these pre-order offers seem to have a strange habit of disappearing, and then sometimes reappearing again. I pre-ordered Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days after the offer for the cover sleeve disappeared from the website and got it anyway. So it may well still be in effect.

Haven't gotten any response yet to my email asking them if the $10 credit offer is still valid for the PS3 version of Assassin's Creed 2 or not.

It's also worth noting that all of these games in question are still listed on this link that's listed in the OP. So I suspect that the credits are still active, and that something else on the site (for example, the "Playstation Network" box on the PS3 game pages and the "Holiday Toy List" box on the NSMB page) is simply superseding them in actually getting displayed on the page.

[quote name='arcane93']It's also worth noting that all of these games in question are still listed on this link that's listed in the OP. So I suspect that the credits are still active, and that something else on the site (for example, the "Playstation Network" box on the PS3 game pages and the "Holiday Toy List" box on the NSMB page) is simply superseding them in actually getting displayed on the page.[/QUOTE]
Oh, thank you. For some reason I hadn't noticed that link. Yeah, it's probably just like you said: the holiday toy list must be superseding it.

One more question though, is the credit mentioned at all in the order confirmation?

[quote name='roasted']One more question though, is the credit mentioned at all in the order confirmation?[/QUOTE]

Nope, but it hasn't been mentioned on the order confirmation with any of the games that I've ordered with credits in the past (Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend) either and there haven't been any problems, so I'm not worrying about it. If I haven't gotten the credits within a few days of them shipping the games, I'll just contact them and I'm sure they'll take care of it.

[quote name='roasted']Oh, thank you. For some reason I hadn't noticed that link. Yeah, it's probably just like you said: the holiday toy list must be superseding it.

One more question though, is the credit mentioned at all in the order confirmation?[/QUOTE]
You guys could you know, just email customer support and see if it's still active. Originally the MW2 thing expired on Aug. 31st with no mention of that date on the page according to a rep I had asked when I canceled and reordered the same day without noticing the offer was gone.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']You guys could you know, just email customer support and see if it's still active.[/QUOTE]

As I said on the last page, I did email Amazon, and they hadn't replied. I did finally get a reply this evening, though:

I contacted the team handling the $10 pre-order promotional offer and they confirmed that it is valid for the Playstation 3 version of Assassin's Creed II as well. There was a listing error causing it not to appear on the PS3 version, but this should be corrected shortly. Feel free to place a new order and the promotion will apply even if the listing is not yet corrected on the site.

So I think that pretty much settles it (at least as far as AC2 is concerned, but I suspect that you could apply that to any of the others in question as well).

[quote name='rogXue']I just noticed this as well... say it ain't so. Removing a deal with no notification takes some balls seeing as some people preordered for this reason. I hope it's a mistake.[/QUOTE]

That is why I ALWAYS take a screen shot when I order the game so I have visual proof that when I ordered there was a credit in place.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet or not, but Assassin's Creed II is now showing up as $55.99 to pre-order (for both the 360 and PS3 versions). It's only a dollar difference, but figured I'd bring it to Cheapy D's attention so he can change the initial post when he gets a chance. ;)

Not sure if mentioned, but Amazon has added a couple in-game bonus items for Dragon Age: Origins. All 3 version will get a Memory Band (adds 1% experience boost and 1 skill point) and the 360 and PC version will get an additional an item called Blood Dragon Armor which can also be used in Mass Effect 2. Just a heads up in case the Cheapy wants to update. Thanks.

Is there an expiration on the OP listed titles.

I have - Dragon Age, MW2 and Ass Creed pre-ordered through Gamestop and Best Buy.

I want to make sure that I can cancel those before I order these up from Amazon.

Which brings me to my 2nd question.

Can you cancel Best Buy and Gamestop preorders? If you can what is their policy. Cash or Store credit?

Thanks

I don't understand the logic behind offering $10 for the prestige edition of MW2 and $20 for the standard. Wouldn't it make more sense from a business standpoint to offer more bonuses to the people paying more? Same goes for Dragon Age as the collector's editions don't seem to be getting the $10 credit.

[quote name='mackloon']Can you cancel Best Buy and Gamestop preorders? If you can what is their policy. Cash or Store credit?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can cancel at both. I'm not sure how it works at bestbuy, but when I cancel at gamestop I get cash back.

[quote name='distgfx']Yes, you can cancel at both. I'm not sure how it works at bestbuy, but when I cancel at gamestop I get cash back.[/QUOTE]

That is what i thought...just wanted to verify before I order 3 games from amazon...instead of the B&Ms

I pre-Order Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2, and Dragon Age Origins, first time I have bought from Amazon will I be getting credit for both or just from one game?

[quote name='Bio0022']I pre-Order Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2, and Dragon Age Origins, first time I have bought from Amazon will I be getting credit for both or just from one game?[/QUOTE]

will get it for both...

[quote name='Doomstink']I don't understand the logic behind offering $10 for the prestige edition of MW2 and $20 for the standard. Wouldn't it make more sense from a business standpoint to offer more bonuses to the people paying more? Same goes for Dragon Age as the collector's editions don't seem to be getting the $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

Fewer stores are going to carry the more fancy editions, so competition on those items will be less....Likewise, people who buy the collectors editions are probably far less price sensitive than others....And from a business standpoint, the collectors editions are likely far more profitable than standard editions, so discounting them from a publisher standpoint, given their specialized appeal and limited distribution, is counter productive....Yes there are fatter margins that can take the discounts, but the point of these editions isn't to be a commodity good but rather high prestige/high profit items. These promotions seem to be less oriented around "buy this product" and more around "buy this product from my store"

Was there some sort of accessory promotion going on? I think I got $15 in credit.

I ordered Borderlands recently.

edit: upon further investigation, it looks like it was $15 in video game credit. No idea where this came from.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just noticed that Dragon Age: Origins got the Release Date Delivery option. When I pre-ordered it back in September, I could only choose my free 2-day prime shipping option. But even though they added a release date delivery option to the item, I had to manually change my order's shipping speed to release date delivery (it was still stuck on free 2-day delivery).

Just giving a heads up to anyone else who has Prime and pre-ordered the game before the option was added. ;)

I'm still waiting on $5 credit from Uncharted 2. I emailed them twice about it and they keep replying with the treasure map. I will have to call them.

[quote name='simp1ysimon']have they raised the price for AC2 recently?[/QUOTE]

Still showing up as $55.99 for both PS3 and X360. I'm tempted to preorder now, but think I'll wait to see if it hits my gold box. For whatever reason, other games (namely Scribblenauts & Halo Reach) have shown up in my gold box multiple times. However Assassin' Creed 2 hasn't shown up once. Getting really annoying. :p

[quote name='chuckywang']I don't see any mention of a $10 credit on New Super Mario Bros Wii's Amazon page.[/QUOTE]The "Promotion Applied" still shows on checkout, so it appears to still be active.

[quote name='CheapyD']The "Promotion Applied" still shows on checkout, so it appears to still be active.[/QUOTE]

Is that why I always see Promotion Applied 0.00 on the checkout screen ... that means there is a promotion but it's a credit after the game ships?

[quote name='chuckywang']Is that why I always see Promotion Applied 0.00 on the checkout screen ... that means there is a promotion but it's a credit after the game ships?[/QUOTE]

That is correct.

In addition to what Cheapy said, here's an email I got this morning:

"Thanks for your interest in our promotions.

I have checked with our website and can confirm that the $10.00 promotional credit is available when you pre-order New Super Mario Bros, Wii."

Scored 3 Pre-order deals for the PS3 paired with Prime, ECA discount, Amazon Credit Card Sign-up & Gamer Credit...now this is a deal.

A.) Base Promotion

Pre-Ordered - Assasin's Creed II $55.99 - ($10.00 in gamer credit)
Pre-Ordered - Dragon Age:Oridins $56.99 - ($10.00 in gamer credit)
Pre-Ordered - Call of Duty: MW2 $59.99 - ($20.00 in gamer credit)

So After the base program, considering the gamer credit as a discount I stood here.

So -> $55.99 + $56.99 + $59.99 - $40 = $132.97

B.) Sent an email to Amazon, stating that I was unable to get my ECA 10% OFF discount applied during checkout and was wondering if they would be able to apply that discount. I was going to sign up with the free promo code if required, however they never asked for a member ID, so I got an extra 10% OFF.

So -> $132.97 - ($197.97 * 10%) = $113.17

C.) Signed up for the Amazon Credit card for which you receive $30 off your first purchase in a credit to the card.

So -> $113.17 - $30 = $83.17

After that is all said in done with I also signed up for the Prime Free Month Trial so I will receive Assasin's Creed 2 and Modern Warfare 2 on release date for $0 in shipping, in addition to 2-Day Free shipping for the Dragon Age:Orgins Game.

So Total is $27.72 per game for 3 of the hottest games of the year before they even hit the shelves.

Thank you CAG for helping feed not only my addiction to video games, but the insistent need to shop for deals like some kind of OCD freak. I could spend 40 hours to save $5 and I would feel like that time was well spent.

Sincerely

-Mackloon

Just noticed Liberty City Stories dropped to 34.99 while still keeping the 5.00 gift card...

Couple bucks, but worth mentioning...

[quote name='mackloon']
So Total is $27.72 per game for 3 of the hottest games of the year before they even hit the shelves.
[/QUOTE]
No offense, but your calculations are messed up. The $40 games credit applies to a future purchase. Saying you will be paying $27.72 per game is illogical since you have to use the $40 credit on a 4th game. So you'll be spending a total of $125.67 ((($55.99 + $56.99 + $59.99) * 0.9) - $30) for the 3 games, which comes out to $41.89 each.

Still a good deal in my book, especially since that fourth game will come out to around $20 (assuming it's typical $60 new release).

[quote name='wolve']No offense, but your calculations are messed up. The $40 games credit applies to a future purchase. Saying you will be paying $27.72 per game is illogical since you have to use the $40 credit on a 4th game. So you'll be spending a total of $125.67 ((($55.99 + $56.99 + $59.99) * 0.9) - $30) for the 3 games, which comes out to $41.89 each.

Still a good deal in my book, especially since that fourth game will come out to around $20 (assuming it's typical $60 new release).[/QUOTE]

I understand that they are off future purchases...Just to make it simple I was taking it off this deal and was considering the future purchase to be at full price. Regardless, I was happy about the swindling.

[quote name='mackloon']I understand that they are off future purchases...Just to make it simple I was taking it off this deal and was considering the future purchase to be at full price. Regardless, I was happy about the swindling.[/QUOTE]

What kind of crazy ass logic is that? A real CAG never buys a game at full price. ;)

Bah...I was actually thinking about selling a preorder game on eBay and having Amazon ship it as a gift on release date to the winning buyer so I could get that credit put in to my Paypal...Is there another game outside of Demon's Souls, Borderlands, Uncharted 2, Assasin's Creed 2, Modern Warfare 2 and Dragon Age that I am missing that comes out soon on the PS3?

http://www.amazon.com/Kingdom-Heart..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1256661765&sr=1-1

Get a $10 Video Games Credit
Order Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Promotion good for a limited time starting 10/27/09. Limit 1 per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

odd, they usually only give these sort of discounts on preorders. I bought this game during amazons B2G1 free. I wonder if they'll give me a discount if I email them. Probably not, oh well.

It's the same as Walmart's deal, but no tax + FSSS makes this even better. I was planning to use this as a filler for GS's 10/20/40 deal, preferrably going with the latter.

[quote name='drock']Still haven't received my Brutal Legend $10 credit. Hopefully email #3 will finally get this worked out.[/QUOTE]

I had to call, and explain the promotion many times to a poor confused CSR, but the tone was always pleasant and he ended up manually giving me the credit. As a minor plus, it wasn't just videogame credit but something that can be applied to any order.

It was less hassle than I was expecting, but I'm not looking forward to doing the same for Dragon Age/New Super Mario Brothers/Modern Warfare.

bread's done
Back