Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='orntar']does anyone know if these $10 "video game purchase" credit will apply to consoles, like a psp?[/QUOTE]

Just tried it using a PSPGo (for test purposes only) and can confirm that it will indeed work on hardware.

And I'm at a 50% win percentage with getting my promotional credit applied to an order.

E-mailed them about the $10 from Brutal Legend to be applied to my order of Nostalgia, and here is what they told me:

"Unfortunately, I'm unable to apply special discounts to items once the order is complete. I'm sorry if this was unclear at the time you placed your order.

If you decide you'd like to return your order given the circumstances, I understand. Visit our website to learn more about our returns policy"

I suppose I can try again another time. I don't want to cancel my order as I have a Gold Box discount + an expired promotion on Nostalgia.

[quote name='Nirron']Just tried it using a PSPGo (for test purposes only) and can confirm that it will indeed work on hardware.

And I'm at a 50% win percentage with getting my promotional credit applied to an order.

[/QUOTE]

i did the same thing as well, once i got my credit. thanks.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Did anyone get their $10 Brutal Legend credit yet?[/QUOTE]

Well, I haven't got my Uncharted 2 credit yet and they released on the same day.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Did anyone get their $10 Brutal Legend credit yet?[/QUOTE]

Got the game and credit yesterday. I have Amazon Prime for shipping.

ditto to tmei2006, it may depend on account history on how long it takes to get it. i got it the same day i believe. already used it too.

The credits were supposed to apply to pre-existing orders but It hasn't shown up for Uncharted 2 yet. If it doesn't show up by the end of the day I fear I will have to go the customer service route.

[quote name='EvlD99']The credits were supposed to apply to pre-existing orders but It hasn't shown up for Uncharted 2 yet. If it doesn't show up by the end of the day I fear I will have to go the customer service route.[/QUOTE]

Waiting on mine as well. I was literally just typing up an email to customer service. This ALMOST slipped by me because the additional $5 credit from ODST was still applied to my account and I confused it for this. Hard to keep track of all of these... especially when Amazon applies some, but not others.

I got my Uncharted credit but did not get Brutal Legend yet. I e-mailed about Brutal Legend to see where my $10 adjustment was and the rep said it had already been applied. He sent me a link to my order where they honored the "DJHERO10" code for $10 off DJ Hero. I just re-wrote explaining that. Here's hoping they understand on the first try. I've been having issues with the extra credits recently. Out of the 3 recent, I got Uncharted, but not Brutal Legend of NBA 2K10.

Yeah their response to mine had an equivalent level of reading comprehension. When asking about the $5 dollar Uncharted 2 credit they told me:
"As indicated in the online description of the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves offer, we will send your e-mail with instructions for the Amazon exclusive treasure map within 10 days after the game releases."

(This is crossposted from the B2G1 thread. Hope that's okay. It should belong in this thread, but I was replying to someone who was replying to someone asking a similar question.)

I'm hoping that since each platform version of The Beatles: Rock Band has its own ASIN, it'll generate 3 $10 credits, but can anyone confirm this? It doesn't necessarily have to be with the B2G1 deal, or even in the same order. Just hoping someone who'd ordered more than one version of TB:RB at any point since they started offering the $10 credit and got multiple credits will speak up!

I've gotten my Brutal Legend credit, but no sign of the Uncharted 2 credit. Hoping it pops in by the end of today or early tomorrow, otherwise I'll shoot them an email.

I got my uncharted credit (twice actually).

Once I used it on my MW2 pre-order a few weeks ago, and I got another $5 credit which I just put towards borderlands. I got the credit yesterday (10/13/09)

Dear Amazon.com Customer,
Thank you for purchasing Uncharted 2: Among Thieves from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned $5 toward the purchase of any video game product shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 12/31/09. You will receive your award when your product ships. To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com/games, add a video game item to your shopping cart, and the discount will be automatically applied. Offer valid for one Uncharted 2: Among Thieves purchase per customer.

The promotion code must be used by December 31, 2009. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.

Thanks again for shopping with us.

Here we go again with the credit inconsistencies. Damnit. I was really hoping they'd gotten this smoothed out, but apparently not.

Got my ODST e-stuff in a timely fashion, got my Uncharted 2 $5 credit yesterday (and I only preordered it two days ago!), but haven't received my Brutal Legend $10 promo credit yet. If I had to guess, I'd say that it's because I preordered that game before the promo was offered, and I didn't cancel/re-preorder like many did. Then again, according to Amazon, people in that situation shouldn't have had to.

I'm guessing an email works better than a phone call? I'll give them until tomorrow afternoon.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Is the Rockband Beatles deal over? I don't see it listed anywhere on the page anymore.[/QUOTE]

it is now technically the 15th which was when the deal was to expire so i think that is why you don't see it anymore, although it may have to do with it being in the b2g1 deal. i'm not really sure

[quote name='Purkeynator']Is the Rockband Beatles deal over? I don't see it listed anywhere on the page anymore.[/QUOTE]I can still see it:
Get a $10 Video Games Credit
Order The Beatles: Rock Band - Software Only and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit 1 per household. Order must be placed between 10/1/09 12:00 AM and 10/15/09 11:59 PM Pacific time to qualify. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

I got my $10 Brutal Legend credit as well. I have a question though (since I'm new to ordering so many games from Amazon now).

If I use my $10 Brutal Legend credit towards ordering Assassin's Creed 2, will I still get the $10 credit from AC2 or will my initial $10 BL credit nullify it? I'm leaning towards the former, but I'm worried it could also be the latter. If it's the latter, I'll just use the credit towards something else and pre-order AC2 separately.

If you use your $10 BL credit on AC2, then you will also get the $10 credit from AC2 after it ships. I don't see why Amazon would nullify a credit for credit deal...

[quote name='jollydwarf']...but haven't received my Brutal Legend $10 promo credit yet. If I had to guess, I'd say that it's because I preordered that game before the promo was offered, and I didn't cancel/re-preorder like many did. Then again, according to Amazon, people in that situation shouldn't have had to.

I'm guessing an email works better than a phone call? I'll give them until tomorrow afternoon.[/QUOTE]

This is my situation and their first response to my email didn't sound promising. "Please wait 10 days for the exclusive treasure map". Considering my question had nothing to do with a bonus map, I was am a little annoyed. I sent off email # 2 last night. Let us know if you have better luck.

[quote name='BMXJouster']I got my $10 Brutal Legend credit as well. I have a question though (since I'm new to ordering so many games from Amazon now).

If I use my $10 Brutal Legend credit towards ordering Assassin's Creed 2, will I still get the $10 credit from AC2 or will my initial $10 BL credit nullify it? I'm leaning towards the former, but I'm worried it could also be the latter. If it's the latter, I'll just use the credit towards something else and pre-order AC2 separately.[/QUOTE]

These promo credits are totally separate. I used my Halo 3 ODST credits on Brutal Legend, and got my $10 credit for the latter right after it shipped. BTW, debating about using the BL credit on Assassin's Creed 2 as well. ;) I'm hoping Amazon runs a similar promo on Bioshock 2 and/or Mass Effect 2.

[quote name='EvlD99']This is my situation and their first response to my email didn't sound promising. "Please wait 10 days for the exclusive treasure map". Considering my question had nothing to do with a bonus map, I was am a little annoyed. I sent off email # 2 last night. Let us know if you have better luck.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's "tomorrow afternoon." I sent an email just now. Didn't mention Uncharted 2 by name, lest I cause confusion. Let's see what happens.

P.S. And concerning games shipping in Q1 of 2010, I seem to remember these promo credit deals drying up pretty quickly at some point before Christmas last year. They seem to quickly ramp up around either NCAA or Madden and end around Thanksgiving. I could be totally wrong/senile about that, but my impression is that they're meant to drive holiday season sales, but with all of the 'bumps' of AAA titles into 2010, the rules might have changed. So...yeah. I guess I just counterargued myself. Typical.

I preordered Kingdom Hearts for the DS and sent them a message saying I never got the email which was responded today saying that they e-mailed me on the 29th that I got my $5 credit but that it ended on the 30th has this happened with anyone else

Heard back from Amazon regarding the $5 credit for Uncharted and the Treasure Map. They said the original offer stated that the credit and map would be sent out within 8 days of the game's release and that they were still well within the terms of the agreement. The CSR that emailed me back was actually a bit snobby about the whole thing, like I was wasting their time with stupid questions.

Anyway, I don't recall seeing the 8 day thing, but whatever. I don't understand why most people received the $5 credit instantly when ordering, some have received theirs after launch, and then the rest of us are still waiting. That's some really inconsistent handling of this promotion.

[quote name='Tomeeboy']Heard back from Amazon regarding the $5 credit for Uncharted and the Treasure Map. They said the original offer stated that the credit and map would be sent out within 8 days of the game's release and that they were still well within the terms of the agreement. The CSR that emailed me back was actually a bit snobby about the whole thing, like I was wasting their time with stupid questions.

Anyway, I don't recall seeing the 8 day thing, but whatever. I don't understand why most people received the $5 credit instantly when ordering, some have received theirs after launch, and then the rest of us are still waiting. That's some really inconsistent handling of this promotion.[/QUOTE]

That's wrong. Look at other games where the credit is still up. You will see it says withing 2 business days from shipping. Only the map code was 8 or 10 days. The email to me said there was an error processing credits and I should have it in the next two days if I am eligible.

Got my Brutal Legend credit the day it shipped, but I'm still waiting on my Uncharted 2 credit and treasure map.

Amazon really needs to iron out these credit problems.

Got my mapcode but no $5 discount as well. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait until late next week before I send an e-mail, but its a shame that I have to babysit these pre-orders.

Has any body checked out the Uncharted 2 map yet I got my code but will not be able to use it until tomorrow.

Wow that map... was the suck..

first 6 treasures of the game...Whoop de doo!

And it was 700mb too.... that was the biggest waste of time ever.

I received my Uncharted 2 map code early this morning. I also received my $5 credit, but that was after a phone call (which got me nowhere) and then finally an email. I used to think calling was the way to go with customer service because you got immediate service but lately emailing in has proven to be more successful. I agree with the comments made above about it being a shame we all have to babysit our credits. Amazon handles all other aspects of their business so well, I can't understand why they have so much trouble with pre-order bonuses.

[quote name='judgedee']Wow that map... was the suck..

first 6 treasures of the game...Whoop de doo!

And it was 700mb too.... that was the biggest waste of time ever.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? I think I found the first 6 treasures already without it.

I got the $5 credit instantly weeks ago when I pre-ordered, but haven't gotten the code yet (game came today). From the quite above, I'm thinking the map isn't even worth my time

Anybody else having trouble with the Brutal Legend credit? I emailed them twice about it and both times they say it's there but when I go to checkout with anything in my cart including games there's no 10 credit.

I didn't want to make a new thread so if anyone can help then :).
Is it normal if amazon support hasn't responded after 24 hours? I had to reply to an email with follow up information yesterday and there hasn't been a response. ( i used a link they gave me, not replying to the email) Do they not work on sunday? Is there a way I can call the same guy who sent me the email so he can work on it? He wrote his name but thats all i know.

I am going to preorder Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and I have a couple questions.
1. I want to use the $10 credit towards fable 2. Can I use it now or do I only get the credit once the game is released.
2. I want to get the game the day it comes out. How much will it cost for shipping?

Has anyone else not received their $10 credit upon shipping for Beatles Rock Band purchased during Amazon's B2G1 sale?

Edit: Never mind I guess its within two days after shipping.

bread's done
Back