Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
I received the email that the $10 off are available in my account just a few minutes after I got the shipping notification for the Beatles RB.
You can see whether it's already in you account if you put a video game in your cart and start the check out process, the $10 will be deducted automatically.

Yeah I did that, but there wasn't anything. I'll wait a couple of days and if nothing shows up, I'll send them an email.

[quote name='A Yellow Fellow']I am going to preorder Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and I have a couple questions.
1. I want to use the $10 credit towards fable 2. Can I use it now or do I only get the credit once the game is released.
2. I want to get the game the day it comes out. How much will it cost for shipping?[/QUOTE]

They don't give you the 10 dollars until the game ships. Also, I believe release date shipping is 6 bucks but it's usually free if you have amazon prime

Quick question- I want to use my credit from ODST on new super mario bros. If i order today, will the credit (which expires on oct 31) still be used for the game that ships on nov 11? ie does my cc get billed today or when the game ships? Thanks

[quote name='DeliveryPizza']therocky2 - The credit will still be used, and your credit card will not get billed until the game ships[/QUOTE]

Thanks your assistance is greatly appreciated!

I hadn't gotten my Uncharted 2 credit so I emailed them about it. I thought it was a $10 credit so that's what I quoted them and that's what they gave me :D.

I didn't receive any email confirmation for my $10 for ordering Beatles: Rock Band from the B2G1 sale. It shipped yesterday and nothing so far. My friend ordered it as well as he received the $10 email as soon as it shipped. So, I emailed Amazon.

Once again they failed to apply the promo credit to my order...just like Uncharted 2. But, just as the situation with Uncharted 2, they are simply going to refund $10 back to my CC.

So my new total after ECA and $10 refund for Beatles, Infamous, and Dirt 2 is $82.73. That's like $27.58 for each game. I'm happy! :)

New Super Mario Wii showed up at my quick picks for 44.64 today!!!
My question is, what if i add to cart today, but buy it tmr, along with games i might be interested, in order to use the eca code?
do i still get 44.64 or does it expire today?
thanks

[quote name='kjay80']New Super Mario Wii showed up at my quick picks for 44.64 today!!!
My question is, what if i add to cart today, but buy it tmr, along with games i might be interested, in order to use the eca code?
do i still get 44.64 or does it expire today?
thanks[/QUOTE]

nevermind, i got the answer...

The price expires.
Next time you may want to state the answer you found in your reply, so others with the same question don't need to ask again.

[quote name='A Yellow Fellow']I am going to preorder Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and I have a couple questions.
1. I want to use the $10 credit towards fable 2. Can I use it now or do I only get the credit once the game is released.
2. I want to get the game the day it comes out. How much will it cost for shipping?[/QUOTE]
There will be a platinum edition of Fable 2 early next year for the same price point. Allegedly it has some DLC included. So you may want to wait for it.

I ordered two copies of Beatle Rock Band (1 for 360 and 1 for PS3) in that buy 2 get one free deal. I only got one credit though. Anyone else have problems getting multiple credits from the same order? I know it says one per household but that could be interpreted as one per household of each game with the promo.

So I emailed Amazon yesterday asking them to apply my $5 Uncharted 2 credit to my Forza 3 preorder that already has the ECA discount applied to it since I can't reorder without losing that, anyway... I got this this response:

"Some of our promotions are restricted to one claim code per customer, and some require a minimum purchase. I'd recommend reading the "fine print" or visiting the link included with the promotional offer for the specific restrictions associated with the offer you received.

Some promotional offers may not be combined with other offers in the same order. Generally, only one promotional claim code may be used per order, and orders with promotions cannot be combined with other orders.

In the case where multiple promotional offers cannot be combined, we will automatically apply the promotion that gives you the largest discount."

Basically you can't combine ECA and these things? Then what's the point of having both? I guess these credits are just going to sit in my account until they expire. Has anyone else had luck using both these preorder credits and their ECA discount?

I had placed an order for Super Mario Galaxy 2. I was able to have Gold Box, ECA, and $10 credit from KH 358/2, total cost about $30. So what they told you is BS. They're probably too lazy to apply it.

[quote name='icedrake523']I had placed an order for Super Mario Galaxy 2. I was able to have Gold Box, ECA, and $10 credit from KH 358/2, total cost about $30. So what they told you is BS. They're probably too lazy to apply it.[/QUOTE]

I don't think very many people have been successful adding to existing orders... where most of the time you can get codes added I'm kinda thinking that they maybe don't have the ability to add promotion credit to existing orders.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']I ordered two copies of Beatle Rock Band (1 for 360 and 1 for PS3) in that buy 2 get one free deal. I only got one credit though. Anyone else have problems getting multiple credits from the same order? I know it says one per household but that could be interpreted as one per household of each game with the promo.[/QUOTE]

If you order more than one copy on a single account, you only get one credit.

Used my credit to get a dualshock 3 for 30 bucks, was waiting for eca codes to come back but I really need a new controller.

I'm so bummed Borderlands didnt have a $10 credit

[quote name='Afflicted']I don't think very many people have been successful adding to existing orders... where most of the time you can get codes added I'm kinda thinking that they maybe don't have the ability to add promotion credit to existing orders.[/QUOTE]

I've ended up having it done twice, though I was rejected once. Both times they didn't actually add the credit, but rather changed the price (the second time was at my suggestion) ex. Uncharted 2 went from $56.99 to $46.99. Seems like it relies heavily on if you get a generous CSR. Not sure if it was part of it either, but if the order has a Gold Box discount, I also appealed to the fact that I didn't want to waste my Gold Box discount to use the credit.

So I got a response asking about why I haven't yet received my Uncharted 2 pre-order credit is. I received the following response:

I checked your order and found it does qualify for the Get a $5 promotion credit when you pre-order Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

Unfortunately, the claim code is late in being sent. However, you should receive it next week. If you have not received your claim code by October 23, 2009, please use the link at the bottom of this message to let us know, so we can take further action.

And the "link" is to the e-mail contact page again.

I sent a separate e-mail about the Brutal Legend code, but have yet to hear back, though I assume the answer will be something similar.

[quote name='xbox_mole']If you order more than one copy on a single account, you only get one credit.[/QUOTE]

I got a message from customer service confirming this. :cry: I thought that if I ordered on separate platforms that the credits would be considered different.

Is there anyway to see your credits on your account? With all these games coming out that give pre-order credits I'm losing track of how many I have.

[quote name='jubeininja69']the preorder credit promo is not showing up for me on the product pages of ps3 dragon age and assassin creed 2.[/QUOTE]

thats cause its no longer available i guess.

[quote name='judgedee']thats cause its no longer available i guess.[/QUOTE]

thank god its showing up now for dragon age at least. they were just updating the promos description, otherwise they'll be off my list.

The standard edition of MW2 has a $15 GC with it now, apparently, in case anyones interested. I might get that instead, I'm getting burned out on special editions.

[quote name='billymagnum']WORD TO THE WISE! I preorded Brutal Legend and it seems Amazon has completely forgot to give me my $10 credit. WTF?!?![/QUOTE]

Send them an email. They'll definitely give you the 10 bucks

i had to email them about Uc2 5$ credit. they added it to my account. does suck to have to monitor it, but as long as they keep their word, thatll just have to be ok.

[quote name='ReaperZER0']The standard edition of MW2 has a $15 GC with it now, apparently, in case anyones interested. I might get that instead, I'm getting burned out on special editions.[/QUOTE]

Hmm that would probably fulfill my Call of Duty Classic purchase, which was the main reason I was gonna get the SE.

[quote name='billymagnum']WORD TO THE WISE! I preorded Brutal Legend and it seems Amazon has completely forgot to give me my $10 credit. WTF?!?![/QUOTE]
Check your final price for it. I believe my Brutal Legend $10 actually went into the cost of my copy of Brutal Legend, because I never got an email about it but had a mystery promotional discount on that order.

Anybody else notice Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 now has a $20 credit attached with it?
ECA code or no, I'm not going to pass that up -- especially with release date shipping!
Plus, have $10 from when I got NBA 2K10 during the B2G1 sale.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Anybody else notice Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 now has a $20 credit attached with it?
ECA code or no, I'm not going to pass that up -- especially with release date shipping!
Plus, have $10 from when I got NBA 2K10 during the B2G1 sale.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I had noticed. Look 2 posts above yours. ;)

[quote name='jubeininja69']the preorder credit promo is not showing up for me on the product pages of ps3 dragon age and assassin creed 2.[/QUOTE]

Still not showing up on the PS3 version Assassin's Creed 2, only the 360 version. I guess that makes my decision for me regarding which version I'm buying. Normally I favor the 360 version for multi-platform games anyway, but I probably would have gone with the PS3 version on this one just because that's what I have the first game on. Oh well.

Edit: Sent Amazon a question asking whether the offer is still valid for the PS3 version as well. Will post here when I get a response.

On a side note, something new(?) and annoying that Amazon's doing . . . When I went to place my order, I had $15 in video game credit (from the Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend pre-orders) and a $25 gift card on my account. I had wanted to apply the $15 video game credit, but not the gift card, to this order, but the system would only allow me to apply all of it or none of it. I can see being all-or-none on the video game credit, but why force my gift card into it as well?

[quote name='shockdoctor']MW2 standard and hardened editions now have a $20 VG credit if you pre-order. Still only $10 VG credit for the prestige edition.[/QUOTE]

Is the hardened edition worth it? You get Call of Duty Classic for the XBLA with it. I hear that's gonna be $15 itself right? The question now becomes if the steel book/artwork is worth $5.

[quote name='arcane93']On a side note, something new(?) and annoying that Amazon's doing . . . When I went to place my order, I had $15 in video game credit (from the Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend pre-orders) and a $25 gift card on my account. I had wanted to apply the $15 video game credit, but not the gift card, to this order, but the system would only allow me to apply all of it or none of it. I can see being all-or-none on the video game credit, but why force my gift card into it as well?[/QUOTE]
Check the page where you choose your payment method, there should be an option to uncheck the gift card. I did it like a week or two ago while I wanted to order something out-of-the-blue but still wanted to put that gift card towards something bigger.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Check the page where you choose your payment method, there should be an option to uncheck the gift card. I did it like a week or two ago while I wanted to order something out-of-the-blue but still wanted to put that gift card towards something bigger.[/QUOTE]

I don't get this ... money is money. Why does it matter if you use a gift card now or later?

Did anybody receive their Smackdown 2010 $10 credit yet? They shipped me the game on Monday, I received it Wednesday and I still haven't received the credit.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Anybody else notice Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 now has a $20 credit attached with it?[/QUOTE]
It was 7AM CST when Amazon sent me an email informing me my Hardened Edition got bumped up to a $15 credit, then a few hours later I got another but now for $20. No complaints but I just wish it was possible to add these to current preorders. =(

[quote name='chuckywang']I don't get this ... money is money. Why does it matter if you use a gift card now or later?[/QUOTE]
Personal preference. I don't feel as bad when my total comes out to $40 instead of $60 on a video game versus using that gift card on a much smaller item like a $10 Blu-ray.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Check the page where you choose your payment method, there should be an option to uncheck the gift card. I did it like a week or two ago while I wanted to order something out-of-the-blue but still wanted to put that gift card towards something bigger.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I tried that -- what came up was a single check box for applying my credit, which equaled the total amount of both the video game credit and the gift card. No option to break it down any further. Like I said, I'm assuming this must be new, because what you're saying is the experience that I've had in the past (separate check boxes for promotional credits and gift cards).

[quote name='chuckywang']I don't get this ... money is money. Why does it matter if you use a gift card now or later?[/QUOTE]

It matters because this is a pre-order that's still over a month from billing and shipping (assuming no further delays) based on their estimated shipping date, and I want to have the option to use the gift card on another (non-game, so I conversely don't want to save the video game credit for it, hence the reason that it combining them is an issue) order that I'll probably be doing sooner. It's basically a question of which month's credit card bill it's affecting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question - can you use more than one of these credits on a single purchase? I have a $5 code from UC2 and will have $10 from Dragon Age Origins. Will probably use for the God of War Collection if I can use them both at once.

bread's done
Back