Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eau']It's annoying that we have to follow up on the credits ourselves.[/QUOTE]
I agree, but sometimes it works out to our advantage since the credit may eventually show up (extra free $10) or they flat out just give you $10 back off your order. That is much better than these $10 credits that expire in a month and can't be applied to existing orders.

[quote name='Jodou']I agree, but sometimes it works out to our advantage since the credit may eventually show up (extra free $10) or they flat out just give you $10 back off your order. That is much better than these $10 credits that expire in a month and can't be applied to existing orders.[/QUOTE]
True. The credits that the customer service issues are good for any products sold by Amazon.com, not just games. They also don't seem to have an expiration too.

I got BIO SHOCK 2 mailed on release date the 8th and had the credit available then. used it for Fallout 3 which just arrived today

Emailed cs about not getting Bioshock 2 credit (I had preordered in December with release date shipping) and they responded promptly. Used the credit to preorder Just Cause 2 for 360.

Amazon cs is the best.

[quote name='lilman']Emailed cs about not getting Bioshock 2 credit (I had preordered in December with release date shipping) and they responded promptly. Used the credit to preorder Just Cause 2 for 360.

Amazon cs is the best.[/QUOTE]
You're lucky. I always seem to get the rep that has to research for 3 days.

I got the Mass Effect and TvC credits almost immediately, but so far nothing on Bioshock 2. Guess I'll e-mail them tomorrow. Whuuuuuugh.

I'm on Amazon's page for BFBC2, and it's not showing a 10 credit available , it just shows this

PlayStation Network
PlayStation Network Online Game Codes for games and game add-ons, for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable, are now available at Amazon.com. Learn more

[quote name='primalcarnage']I'm on Amazon's page for BFBC2, and it's not showing a 10 credit available , it just shows this

PlayStation Network
PlayStation Network Online Game Codes for games and game add-ons, for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable, are now available at Amazon.com. Learn more[/QUOTE]

It's doesn't have a graphic like the other games with the promo, it's under Special Offers and Promotions
* Order Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)

Yeah was just about to post that. I wish so many games werren't coming out now.

I can only buy so many at full price. It's either BC2, Heavy Rain, MLB The Show 10 or GOW III. Dammit :(

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah was just about to post that. I wish so many games werren't coming out now.
[/QUOTE]
There have been so many quality games coming out in the past few months and more to come soon too... my wallet is pissed. I just picked up Bioshock 2 and now I have GoW III, JC 2, and SC Conviction preordered.

[quote name='ssjmichael']
I can only buy so many at full price. It's either BC2, Heavy Rain, MLB The Show 10 or GOW III. Dammit :(
[/QUOTE]
I can't see MLB being in the running with those other games. But then again, the last baseball game I played was Super Baseball 2020... that was freakin awesome!

[quote name='lilman']There have been so many quality games coming out in the past few months and more to come soon too... my wallet is pissed. I just picked up Bioshock 2 and now I have GoW III, JC 2, and SC Conviction preordered.

I can't see MLB being in the running with those other games. But then again, the last baseball game I played was Super Baseball 2020... that was freakin awesome![/QUOTE]

MLB The Show has been phenomenal the last few years. They're some of the highest rated baseball games ever (apart from perhaps MVP 2005) and 10 looks to up the ante even more. I actually think I'll get the most playtime out of the games I listed since GOW III and Heavy Rain are single player games that will only be around 10-15 hours, if that. Bad Company 2 should provide tons of MP gameplay though

I actually just started playing the first Bioshock (yes I know I'm terribly late) so I'm glad I don't have to consder the sequel right now.

Did anyone else other than lilman who emailed about not getting their $10 promotional credit today (whether it be for Bioshock 2 or Dante's Inferno) get their credit? I wrote Amazon about 8 hours ago and haven't heard back. Usually I get a response within 1 or 2 hours.

I emailed them around noon regarding Bioshock 2 as well and I haven't heard back. Like you, I usually get a response within 2 hours.

E-mailed about dante 3 or 4 hours ago, nothing yet. Most of my e-mails are answered immediately, but they're usually around 2 am or something est, so maybe it's a slower time.

I've never had to e-mail Amazon customer service before, but I sent them an e-mail literally 5 minutes ago about my missing Bioshock 2 credit, and they just sent me an e-mail back and credited my account. Color me impressed :)

[quote name='jj5206']i really want to get Alan Wake....i might have to just get it through amazon...[/QUOTE]

Just preorder it and if the reviews come out bad/lose interest you can just remove it. You do not get charged until the item is shipped.

[quote name='jj5206']i really want to get Alan Wake....i might have to just get it through amazon...[/QUOTE]

Just preorder it and if the reviews come out bad/lose interest you can just remove it. You do not get charged until the item is shipped.

[quote name='bcb4589']Finally got my Bioshock 2 credit, was surprised to see it is good until 5/13/10.[/QUOTE]

Same here... guess someone is paying attention to the complaints about the expiration dates on recent credits.

yea so i just got an email for the 10 dollar credit and the other 10 dollar credit the amazon representative sent me earlier is still there as well so i effectively received 20 bucks in credit :)

the credits dont stack?
I have ME2 and BS2 credits in my account and somehow I can just apply $10 to my BFBC2 preorder

Does anyone know if anything happens if you return a game that came with a $10 promo? I bought the standard Bioshock 2 edition, but I returned it. I got my promo credit today--will they recognize and deduct it? Maybe give me less for my return? I'm guessing they won't do anything, but I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Really wish Amazon would add 3D dot gamehero for a $10 promotion.[/QUOTE]

Would be nice but the game is pretty cheap already :D

Is it my imagination or was Sup Com 2 (PC) listed as lower than 49.99 a few weeks ago? A $15 credit is still pretty great, but I could have sworn it was cheaper.

[quote name='dusbbal2008']yea so i just got an email for the 10 dollar credit and the other 10 dollar credit the amazon representative sent me earlier is still there as well so i effectively received 20 bucks in credit :)[/QUOTE]
Same thing happened to me. Received a $10 credit from cs, then received an email this morning that the $10 Bioshock 2 credit had come in.

-Edit-
Emailed cs about this and they thanked me for my honesty and took back the second credit. I didn't want to get anyone in trouble or make amazon think I was trying to rip them off.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Oceaniax']Is it my imagination or was Sup Com 2 (PC) listed as lower than 49.99 a few weeks ago? A $15 credit is still pretty great, but I could have sworn it was cheaper.[/QUOTE]
It was $40 yesterday. I'm 99.99% positive. If it wasn't yesterday, then it definitely was on Wednesday.

EDIT: And while I'm happy for everyone else who's gotten their Bioshock 2 credit, mine still hasn't shown up.

[quote name='Lucian']It was $40 yesterday. I'm 99.99% positive. If it wasn't yesterday, then it definitely was on Wednesday.

EDIT: And while I'm happy for everyone else who's gotten their Bioshock 2 credit, mine still hasn't shown up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was sometime in the last couple of days. I ordered it a couple days ago for $47, then yesterday saw it on the B&N website for $40 so I went to amazon to see if they had lowered the price. They actually raised it to $50, but my order had been adjusted down to $40 for some reason.

Not bad. Supreme Commander 2 on release for $25 after the credit.

[quote name='Jonsoncao']the credits dont stack?
I have ME2 and BS2 credits in my account and somehow I can just apply $10 to my BFBC2 preorder[/QUOTE]

They do stack. I just used both my ME2 and BS2 credits on a preorder for Splinter Cell: Conviction. Perhaps you used the ME2 credit on another game already?

Question: I have 20.00 in gaming credit from preorders, if I preorder say Dantes Inferno when they bill me will they use my credit? I dont want to preorder unless theyre gonna use my 20 gaming creadit

[quote name='bobright']Question: I have 20.00 in gaming credit from preorders, if I preorder say Dantes Inferno when they bill me will they use my credit? I dont want to preorder unless theyre gonna use my 20 gaming creadit[/QUOTE]

The credit is automatically used when you place a NEW order. It will deduct it when it shows you your total.

[quote name='bobright']Question: I have 20.00 in gaming credit from preorders, if I preorder say Dantes Inferno when they bill me will they use my credit? I dont want to preorder unless theyre gonna use my 20 gaming creadit[/QUOTE]If you have any promotional code balance, you'll get it used up on the order before any charges would hit your credit card. This happens automatically.

[quote name='dubleo']Battlefield : Bad Company 2 now has a $20 video game credit.[/QUOTE]Nice to see they matched Walmart's offer.

Did print of the page to PDF to make sure I get the $20 credit when it ships.

bread's done
Back