Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brother Daz']Is it automaticly applied? if so I didnt know that, but I really dont see a big deal about doing what I did, it took 10 seconds.[/QUOTE]

yea they automatically update it but like you said it's not really a big deal. I managed to preorder the game when they had the 10 off order of 50 w/ a discover card so i have it preorderd for 46.99 w/ the 20 dollar credit :)

The promotion for BFBC2 says: "Pre-order Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition, for PS3 or Xbox 360, and get $20 off a future video game purchase..."

If you were to order both PS3 and 360 versions, would you get both $20 credits? The wording makes it seem like it's the very same promo with a limit of 1 per customer regardless of which version(s) you preorder.

[quote name='eau']The promotion for BFBC2 says: "Pre-order Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition, for PS3 or Xbox 360, and get $20 off a future video game purchase..."

If you were to order both PS3 and 360 versions, would you get both $20 credits? The wording makes it seem like it's the very same promo with a limit of 1 per customer regardless of which version(s) you preorder.[/QUOTE]

Per my understanding as long as the item has a different ASIN# you'll receive credits for each.

[quote name='sthaznpride17']Does game credit expire? I have the 10$ from Mass Effect 2 pre-order that I want wait to use.[/QUOTE]
Yes. it does. The email they sent you about the credit would have an expiration date in it.

If it's a manual credit that the customer service issued to you because you didn't receive the credit and had to contact them about, that credit would not expire for a LONG, LONG time.

[quote name='sthaznpride17']Does game credit expire? I have the 10$ from Mass Effect 2 pre-order that I want wait to use.[/QUOTE]

The one I got for Mass Effect 2 expires on Feb 28th.

Does the pre-order price guarantee mean that I get the $20 credit on BF BC2 now? When I preordered, it was $10. Seems like I remember it adjusting, but am not sure.

I think that one expires 2/28. I used mine on a preorder of BF BC2, so the game doesn't actually have to ship before expiration.

[quote name='stonciddta']Anyone get the Dante $10 yet that has been waiting? Got Bioshock yesterday, but still no Dante.[/QUOTE]No, they're still stuck with their head up their backside on that one.

I emailed them yesterday about it, no response. I emailed them today, and I did get a response, though they said they had to look into it and give them 1-2 days to research it. I emailed them a third time, told them that the game shipped on 02/08/10, so the credit was supposed to be applied by 02/10/10, and we're two days past that.

No response to the third email yet.

BF BC2 with $20 gc is very tempting... but I have some many games on backlog and on preorder... I really shouldn't...

I just started playing the demo today. I died a lot, but it seems like a solid shooter that would be fun once you put some time into it. Hopefully my grumbling wallet can keep me away.

[quote name='shrike4242']No, they're still stuck with their head up their backside on that one.

I emailed them yesterday about it, no response. I emailed them today, and I did get a response, though they said they had to look into it and give them 1-2 days to research it. I emailed them a third time, told them that the game shipped on 02/08/10, so the credit was supposed to be applied by 02/10/10, and we're two days past that.

No response to the third email yet.[/QUOTE]
Just use their express customer service and have them call you. They didn't respond to my Bioshock 2 email yesterday, so this afternoon I had them call me. The guy took care of it in like 2 minutes over the phone. I seem to have hit or miss experiences with email, but always good over the phone.

[quote name='Lucian']Just use their express customer service and have them call you. They didn't respond to my Bioshock 2 email yesterday, so this afternoon I had them call me. The guy took care of it in like 2 minutes over the phone. I seem to have hit or miss experiences with email, but always good over the phone.[/QUOTE]I will, if I have a chance to call them and talk to them. I've not had good luck with the phone calls I've had with Amazon, as I tend to end up with ESL-types, which doesn't make for easy CS work.

In other news, I apparently ended up with a $10 credit for the Bioshock 2 SE that I ordered. :whistle2:s Which didn't get a $10 credit on it. :whistle2:s :whistle2:s

I wonder if they looked at the order, though I meant Bioshock 2 when I meant Dante's Inferno, and tossed me the credit for that one. :whistle2:s

I'll give 'em 24 hours and see if they fix it for Dante's Inferno or not.

Shrike, I just got the $10 GC for Bioshock 2 and I also ordered the SE/CE version. I will just smile at our good fortune?

They just now responded to my e-mail about the BioShock credit, but it was already deposited this morning via automatic e-mail. Now they're spamming me about the promo credit with conflicting expiration dates, wtf Amazon! One says May 13th and the other is the end of April. What are they doing over there lol?

[quote name='gunm']Shrike, I just got the $10 GC for Bioshock 2 and I also ordered the SE/CE version. I will just smile at our good fortune?[/QUOTE]Here's the kicker.

I received one email about the $10 promotional credit from Bioshock 2 at 5:55PM CT. I received another email, formatted the exact same way 23 minutes later at 6:18PM CT.

I tossed something into my cart and started the checkout process. No sign of either $10 credit in the item's purchase price. So, off to email them again I go, to ask them why the two $10 credits don't work. :whistle2:s

I'll be curious to see what happens with this mess. Oh, and the order # with Bioshock 2 isn't the same order # of mine with Dante's Inferno, and Dante's Inferno is all I emailed them about. :whistle2:s :whistle2:s

I had pre-ordered FFXIII before the promo, and I got two emails in regards to the $10 promo, back to back. I'm curious if they'll be sending me 2 $10 credits when the time comes.

[quote name='shrike4242']I tossed something into my cart and started the checkout process. No sign of either $10 credit in the item's purchase price. So, off to email them again I go, to ask them why the two $10 credits don't work. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Ah, there's the rub. Doesn't work for me either. I'll try sending an email about it.

I just got 2 generic emails about Bioshock 2 credit from amazon customer service even though I got the credit a couple days ago. The one I am actually waiting for is Dante's Inferno credit and I haven't written them about it yet so there is no way they got it mixed up. I wonder whats going on over there.

[quote name='cyphen']I just got 2 generic emails about Bioshock 2 credit from amazon customer service even though I got the credit a couple days ago. The one I am actually waiting for is Dante's Inferno credit and I haven't written them about it yet so there is no way they got it mixed up. I wonder whats going on over there.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I was hoping they actually credited my account an additional $20, but no such luck.

I got freaking 4 e-mails for my bioshock CE pre-order. I was going to take it and just say the hell with it to my dante's inferno credit, but as the rest of you found out, I don't actually have any extra credit. Still just one 10$ from my ME2 order. I wanted to get the 10 from DI and use it on an xbox points card or something, this is getting a little annoying.

No response so I'm pretty sure they are being bombarded by GC questions. I'd call, but there's still some time to sort it all out.

I emailed and finally got my Bioshock 2 credit.

It would save them so much time if they just automated these credits...

I would think they could just have something that would auto email the codes/promos once delivery status is set to "Delivered" for the order.

They may have to program it but still in the long run it would save them a lot of time because I know they get a crap ton of emails about these promos/credits.

[quote name='gunm']Ah, there's the rub. Doesn't work for me either. I'll try sending an email about it.[/QUOTE]

Gonna keep tabs on your results, if you guys get credit let me know. I have 2 emails saying I'm getting credit for CE but no credit... I think their system is botched.

So I have a random question. Can this gaming credit be used towards gaming accessories as well (specifically game guides), or is it only good for the order of other games? I bought Bioshock 2 for a birthday gift and will get the $10 credit from that. I was thinking I could apply that towards the bioshock 2 LE guide that I want which will compliment my Bioshock 2 CE for myself that I picked up from BB. $10 off the LE guide makes it like $12 which is a great price.

But I'm not sure if it can be applied to things like guides?

Ruahrc

[quote name='Ruahrc']So I have a random question. Can this gaming credit be used towards gaming accessories as well (specifically game guides), or is it only good for the order of other games? I bought Bioshock 2 for a birthday gift and will get the $10 credit from that. I was thinking I could apply that towards the bioshock 2 LE guide that I want which will compliment my Bioshock 2 CE for myself that I picked up from BB. $10 off the LE guide makes it like $12 which is a great price.

But I'm not sure if it can be applied to things like guides?

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

No it can't be applied to guides. Just video games. I wish it could though.

How can I check if the credit has been put on my account, and can I use multiple credits on one game purchase?

Thanks in advance. :)

[quote name='Amblix']How can I check if the credit has been put on my account, and can I use multiple credits on one game purchase?

Thanks in advance. :)[/QUOTE]
Put a game in your cart and start the checkout process to see if you get the promotional credit (maybe there's an easier way?). Yes, these are stackable.

I wish there was a credit for Heavy Rain. Surprised it's #1 on the bestsellers list despite there not being a credit for it though.

[quote name='sdornan']I wish there was a credit for Heavy Rain. Surprised it's #1 on the bestsellers list despite there not being a credit for it though.[/QUOTE]

Not too surprised. I think allot of people have waited for reviews since its such a different type of game. Anyhow, reviews are rolling in and they've been really, really, positive.

Not that I'm a big review person... but I do like to track numbers and watch trends.

[quote name='ShockandAww']No it can't be applied to guides. Just video games. I wish it could though.[/QUOTE]

Not true. I have been able to use the Gaming Credit for games, strategy guides, XBox Live Cards, Live Points, PSN Cards. The only thing it wont work for is systems.

Just add an item to your cart and see if the credit shows up.

I got the BioShock 2 credit on Thursday and the email says it expires on 5/13/10. Last night I received TWO emails saying BioShock 2 credit was posted to my account and it expires 4/30/10.

I only got 1x $10 credit. But why the heck they tell me the two different expiration dates?! Which one is correct now?!

I just got two emails about the Bioshock 2 credit expiring on 4/30/10, even though I ended up deciding I didn't want the game and cancelling my preorder. It doesn't appear to have actually applied any credit to my account. Wonder what's going on?

[quote name='wildcpac']Not true. I have been able to use the Gaming Credit for games, strategy guides, XBox Live Cards, Live Points, PSN Cards. The only thing it wont work for is systems.

Just add an item to your cart and see if the credit shows up.[/QUOTE]

I just received the email today with the $10 credit, looking at the wording it says it can be applied to any "Video games" item. Unfortunately the Bioshock 2 guide is listed under "books" so when I tried to add it to my cart and go through checkout (didn't actually pick one up yet) it didn't show up with any discount.

But yeah from the wording as I understand it, any item listed under the "video games" category (so including things like XBL points, gaming accessories, etc) should qualify for the discount.

Ruahrc

[quote name='Ruahrc']But yeah from the wording as I understand it, any item listed under the "video games" category (so including things like XBL points, gaming accessories, etc) should qualify for the discount.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure I've used a vg credit on ms points before. I guess they count it as video games since it can be used to buy video games...

bread's done
Back