Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sw33tbombs']any chance the 360 version of SSFIV will drop? It's bullshit that the PS3 version is cheaper[/QUOTE]
Like 99% of games (both new and used) are cheaper on 360...

Nice, used the $10 promo from God of War III to get SFIV PS3 for $26.99...plus another $10 GC.

Yip!

[quote name='The Notorious ROB']Question if I want RDR on release date I have to pay for shipping?[/QUOTE]

if you have amazon prime (or the free prime trial) then release date delivery is free. otherwise it is $5-6.

Anyone thinking the credit on Red Dead Redemption will go up? I'm definitely going to get the game but waiting to see if they up the credit, or to see if they add a credit to Lost Planet 2. If they were to add a big credit (to LP2) I'd order LP2 and then use the credit towards RDR.

[quote name='Gluteus']Anyone thinking the credit on Red Dead Redemption will go up? I'm definitely going to get the game but waiting to see if they up the credit, or to see if they add a credit to Lost Planet 2. If they were to add a big credit (to LP2) I'd order LP2 and then use the credit towards RDR.[/QUOTE]
I don't think the RDR credit will go up... Its actually a gift card (good on anything not just video games) which is not how amazon usually handles these things.

As for LP2... I would be shocked. Release date is quickly coming so I think another retailer would have to push and amazon would have to match.

I just noticed on the Amazon Red Dead Redemption page that the $10 is a gift card and not a credit. I see that Cheapy/Shrike already caught that. It's strange that it's the only one like that.

[quote name='dino88']I just noticed on the Amazon Red Dead Redemption page that the $10 is a gift card and not a credit. I see that Cheapy/Shrike already caught that. It's strange that it's the only one like that.[/QUOTE]Depends on the promotional department and how they do it.

They've done it a few times in the past, though the promotional credit forces you to order another videogame-type item, where the gift card works for any item on Amazon, not just video games.

Still amazed there's a Rock Band Green Day. At least Guitar Hero has stuck to pretty iconic bands.

I need me some Metroid Other M

The $10 gaming credit on so many of these preorders is not bad, but it's not enough to get me to pull the trigger. I know it's asking a lot, but if Crackdown 2, Red Dead Redemption, Split/Second and Alan Wake all had the $20 credit, I would have preordered each one of them by now. As it is, I'm holding out and hoping TRU does some more GC deals when they release.

[quote name='Danimal']The $10 gaming credit on so many of these preorders is not bad, but it's not enough to get me to pull the trigger. I know it's asking a lot, but if Crackdown 2, Red Dead Redemption, Split/Second and Alan Wake all had the $20 credit, I would have preordered each one of them by now. As it is, I'm holding out and hoping TRU does some more GC deals when they release.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, $10 isn't enough for me either. $20 is if I already want the game, but $10 is arguably a worse deal than just waiting a few weeks in probably most cases.

Thinking of Trauma Team. I have the first two and really liked them. I already have Super Mario Galaxy 2 on preorder as well.

I agree with the 10$ credit not being enough as well. Although it seems good compared to full price, I'd rather wait out a cheaper price. 20 for a game is pretty nice though.

Okay, so I have monster hunter preordered, and should be getting credit for it. If I preorder trauma team or peace walker, do I get a second code? Or do I have to spend the first one before that? Do I get one or two codes if I order them together? And can I get the code for Galaxy, too? This is a little confusing.

[quote name='Charonchan']Okay, so I have monster hunter preordered, and should be getting credit for it. If I preorder trauma team or peace walker, do I get a second code? Or do I have to spend the first one before that? Do I get one or two codes if I order them together? And can I get the code for Galaxy, too? This is a little confusing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you can get them and they can stack. So you'd end up with $20 in future gaming credit if you pre-order 2 different games that come with a gaming credit. You won't get a code at all though. What you get is a gaming credit that will automatically be applied to your account. After you get your $10 credit for a given game (which should be 10 days at most after the game ships) you can then place a qualifying game in your cart and go through the checkout and there will be a check box that shows your gaming credits available to use on your purchase.

The credits have expiration dates and some of them don't last all that long so pay attention to the expiration dates on them. You'll get an email for your credits and it'll tell you the expiration date on them. You just have to place an order and use the credit before that time.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah you can get them all and they can stack. So you'd end up with $20 in future gaming credit if you pre-order 2 different games that come with a gaming credit. You won't get a code at all though. What you get is a gaming credit that will automatically be applied to your account. When you place a qualifying game in your cart and go through the checkout there will be a check box that shows your gaming credits available.

The credits have expiration dates and some of them don't last all that long so pay attention to the expiration dates on them. You'll get an email for your credits and it'll tell you the expiration date on them. You just have to place an order and use the credit before that time.[/QUOTE]
Oh neat. Thanks a lot, this is helpful. I'll order them as soon as my Monster Hunter credit comes in.

I don't like how both versions have Green Day Rockband have a $10 credit but only the standard edition of Alan Wake is the only one receiving a $10 credit. I'm probably going to purchase the LE which I rarely do. I've seen what it comes with and I feel it's worth the money.

How long does it take for the credit to show up in the account?
I was thinking of pre-ordering SSFIV with amazon prime and then using the 10$ credit to get another copy a few days later.
Will that work?

Last edited by a moderator:
I want amazon to cut the price on FF13 so I can buy it for for $30! You know, kind of like CoD MW 2 had price cuts to $40 constantly. I need to use my credit which expires on the 30th!

[quote name='FadeToOne']Still amazed there's a Rock Band Green Day. At least Guitar Hero has stuck to pretty iconic bands.

I need me some Metroid Other M[/QUOTE]

I can't believe that there's a Green Day Rock Band AND that it is releasing at $60... it'd seriously take a GH5-caliber deal to get me to pick this one up at release.

could be a dumb question but..
i plan on pre-ordering 2 copies of modnation racers for the ps3 for myself and a friend. i was reading the box where it tells you about the promotion of the $10 credit and ratchet mod and the fine print caught my eye-
"limit one per household."
is that fine print line referring to the $10 credit, the ratchet mod, or both?

[quote name='chssnaredrum04']could be a dumb question but..
i plan on pre-ordering 2 copies of modnation racers for the ps3 for myself and a friend. i was reading the box where it tells you about the promotion of the $10 credit and ratchet mod and the fine print caught my eye-
"limit one per household."
is that fine print line referring to the $10 credit, the ratchet mod, or both?[/QUOTE]It would be both.

[quote name='shrike4242']It would be both.[/QUOTE]
Did we ever figure out what happens if you buy the same game on two systems? (aka Red Dead Redemption.)

Would you get two gift card and Two preorder codes or just one of each?

Also, not worthy of its on thread but I'm curious if others are having the same problem... I have no gold box items today (gaming or otherwise) and the video game deal of the day is also empty. Anyone else having these issues?

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Did we ever figure out what happens if you buy the same game on two systems? (aka Red Dead Redemption.)

Would you get two gift card and Two preorder codes or just one of each?

Also, not worthy of its on thread but I'm curious if others are having the same problem... I have no gold box items today (gaming or otherwise) and the video game deal of the day is also empty. Anyone else having these issues?[/QUOTE]
My gold box is sparse (just 2 really old DVDs) and no videogame DotD yet. Sometimes the DotD doesn't post until later, though.

[quote name='chssnaredrum04']oh dang. guess we'll have to pre-order separately. oh well. anyways, much thanks![/QUOTE]

You can make another account using the same CC and address and still get more than one credit. Pretty sure all that needs to be different is the email address you sign up with and possibly the name. Then just order 1 on each account and you're set.

i have a question about the expiration of the promo credits.

i preordered bioshock 2 and got the 10 dollar video game promo credit. it's expiration date is some time in early march.

i then pre-ordered madden 11 and in the order the promo credit is applied, but madden 11 obviously won't ship until august. so will the credit be applied or will they simply void it despite it saying that it was applied?

thanks

[quote name='HipnotiK']i have a question about the expiration of the promo credits.

i preordered bioshock 2 and got the 10 dollar video game promo credit. it's expiration date is some time in early march.

i then pre-ordered madden 11 and in the order the promo credit is applied, but madden 11 obviously won't ship until august. so will the credit be applied or will they simply void it despite it saying that it was applied?

thanks[/QUOTE]
It will stay with your madden 11 order. However, if you cancel that order, you will lose the credit.

In case anyone cared, the Monster Hunter Tri controller bundle is back in stock at Amazon and still has the free 10.00 credit attached to it. Probably the best deal for the controller bundle right now. 175 left as of this post.

bread's done
Back