Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kennedykougar']anyone get their $10 preorder credit for PoP?[/QUOTE]

I just received a $10 credit but it doesn't say for which game in the email. PoP was the only game I was still waiting on for credit though I hadn't contacted them about it yet. It expires [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]08/01/2010.[/SIZE][/FONT]

After 4 days, still haven't received my God of War 3 or Glory of Hercules $10 credits. These things used to take hours (not days) to appear. Oh well. I guess I'll wait until next week before I start bitching to Amazon.

When I bitched that I didn't get a $10 credit from AC2 or NSMBW (didn't know which one), they had no fucking idea what I was talking about. They said I had $34 credit ($10 was a VG credit from one of the 2 games, $20 was from a Buy80Save20 coupon I activated but was waiting to use to get the credit I was owed, and $4 was video on demand credit). I explained several times but they just kept telling me the same thing over and over.

I ordered SSFIV. I plan on just "renting it" (and making $8 in the process) since I've never really tried a SF game. Also lets me swap my $20 VG credit from SMG2 to regular credit and get a nice, new PS3 case.

[quote name='mattcube64']Hmm.... $47.99 for Alpha Protocol for PC, plus a $10 credit. Tempting. Wish it were under $40, though.[/QUOTE]

Trust me...you'd wish it were under $30, if not $20 at least...

Canceled my pre-order on AP. Looked good on paper, was optimistic even after the massive delay, but it doesn't look great at all. Not awful or broken, but for the flaws and problem I've seen or read about I can wait for a long, or indefinite, amount of time before I pick this up.

Eh a question if anyone knows. The gift card I got for RDR, or I guess any gift card for that matter, could I use it on the UK site? Or is my account linked so any credit in my account works on either site?

Thanks for the information.

Bought SF4 and Glory of Heracles to start my shopping habits... This is awesome.
Buy game, get credit, trade game, get money, buy game get more credit. hehe

[quote name='Vortextk']Eh a question if anyone knows. The gift card I got for RDR, or I guess any gift card for that matter, could I use it on the UK site? Or is my account linked so any credit in my account works on either site?[/QUOTE]
The RDR $20 is an actual giftcard you have to enter and it is not tied to your account until you redeem it.

The giftcards from Amazon are site specific, ie a .COM giftcard won't work on a .DE/.FR/.UK/.JP purchase.

[quote name='simpsonps121']Thanks for the information.

Bought SF4 and Glory of Heracles to start my shopping habits... This is awesome.
Buy game, get credit, trade game, get money, buy game get more credit. hehe[/QUOTE]

You forgot the very important step of "buy next game using credit from ordering previous game combined with trade in value of previous game" being no cash out of pocket = infinite loop on new games using no new cash money... nice huh.

[quote name='Techsticles']The RDR $20 is an actual giftcard you have to enter and it is not tied to your account until you redeem it.

The giftcards from Amazon are site specific, ie a .COM giftcard won't work on a .DE/.FR/.UK/.JP purchase.[/QUOTE]

Of course, but if I would redeem it on the UK site I would have had to plan correctly to not be left with like 3 bucks of credit on there that was worthless, since I don't get free shipping anyway. Guess it doesn't matter since I can't use it on the site anyway.

For those worried about their promo credits expiring, remember they work on pre-orders as long as the pre-order is made before teh expiration date (even for titles that are released after).

A bit of information I think should be added is watch what you use the credit on pre-orderwise, because once you apply the credit to something, it's locked in, if you cancel, you don't get it back.

Sadly I thought Alpha Protocol looked good a few months ago... now, I'm not so sure... sigh.

[quote name='ReaperZER0']A bit of information I think should be added is watch what you use the credit on pre-orderwise, because once you apply the credit to something, it's locked in, if you cancel, you don't get it back.

Sadly I thought Alpha Protocol looked good a few months ago... now, I'm not so sure... sigh.[/QUOTE]

actually you will get the credit back if it's not past the expiration date on it.

course doubt many people keep up with those dates for long.

[quote name='Afflicted']actually you will get the credit back if it's not past the expiration date on it.[/QUOTE]

That's not what they told me over the phone or in e-mails.

[quote name='ReaperZER0']A bit of information I think should be added is watch what you use the credit on pre-orderwise, because once you apply the credit to something, it's locked in, if you cancel, you don't get it back.

Sadly I thought Alpha Protocol looked good a few months ago... now, I'm not so sure... sigh.[/QUOTE]

I'd say YMMV. I got back my $20 credit that was applied to Alan Wake and I canceled that the Friday before it launched.

[quote name='ReaperZER0']That's not what they told me over the phone or in e-mails.[/QUOTE]

Amazon CSR's don't know how their promotions work.

The thing is if you placed the order several months ago then they're prolly expired and you won't get them back. If you place an order and then change your mind before the expiration date, you'll get them back.

Now this applies to the preorder ones.... the GS pricematch ones are a bit different and may not work this way.

Got the PoP credit yesterday , the e-mail didnt say it was POP but the order number matched, yay for amazon making it harder to keep track of these credits :\

[quote name='Vekou']I still haven't received my credit for RDR...[/QUOTE]

Same here, sending an email to Amazon tonight about it.

[quote name='Afflicted']Amazon CSR's don't know how their promotions work.[/QUOTE]

It says right on the information on the email with my $10 VG credit that "It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned $10 toward the purchase of any video game product shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 6/30/2010."

I don't know if I'd want to risk losing my $10 credit on something they explicitly state won't work...

[quote name='Jigen']Same here, sending an email to Amazon tonight about it.

It says right on the information on the email with my $10 VG credit that "It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned $10 toward the purchase of any video game product shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 6/30/2010."

I don't know if I'd want to risk losing my $10 credit on something they explicitly state won't work...[/QUOTE]

I have canceled and received my credits back into my cart, yes the 10$ pre-order credits, like a dozen times since last year. Unless they actually started changing how they work, this is fact that they WILL NOT go anywhere until after the expiration date.

Yeah I've also canceled about a million orders with pre-order credits. (not the gamestop matched sale credits though).

As long as they aren't expired they will go back to your account instantly. If they are expired you lose it.

The FAQS didn't cover this but I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, however slogging through 174 pages seems kind of intimidating.

Can any unused gaming credit from a previous order carry over to another one?

ie. $10 and $20 credit from NSMB and SMG2 used for SS4. There's a remaining balance of 2.01. Can I use that for a future order or is that credit gone?

[quote name='Miro']The FAQS didn't cover this but I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, however slogging through 174 pages seems kind of intimidating.

Can any unused gaming credit from a previous order carry over to another one?

ie. $10 and $20 credit from NSMB and SMG2 used for SS4. There's a remaining balance of 2.01. Can I use that for a future order or is that credit gone?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.

[quote name='A.Z.']I have a question. So I order [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Super Mario Galaxy 2, $20 GC then SSF4 and Super Mario Bros wii which both come with a $10GC. I did receive emails stating the GC but when I do checkout it only shows $30. So should I call them or what?[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

are you talking about $30 dollars off a new order? if so that's the way it works. The GC from SSF4 / SMB are from the Gamestop price match and have been reported to not stack with each other. You can always call and see what they tell you tho.

FWIW, last week I wasn't notified of my $10 credit for Trauma Team (great Wii game BTW). I e-mailed Amazon Saturday morning, got the credit by Sunday night. Since then, I got my credit for Super Mario Galaxy 2 on Tuesday, and two $10 credits for 2 copies of Glory of Heracles, less than a day after purchase.

Amazing, Amazon; thanks.

Quick question - I want to order Mario Kart Wii and Glory of Heracles which both have $10 credit but before check out it says I'm only getting a single $10 credit. Do i have to make two separate orders to get both?

I can't find where anybody has asked this. If you look at the Singularity listing it does not show the free Prototype promo. If you click on the one w/o the graphic novel it is available from Target and shows the free Prototype, the one sold by Amazon does not (the one with the Graphic Novel). Has anybody asked about this or know if it does or does not include the mail in card for Prototype?

[quote name='nocturnedelight']Green Day RB went back to 10$ Credit[/QUOTE]

Just saw this as well. Have they ever done that before, lowered the amount of the GC value? Will those of us who already placed an order get the $20 or just the $10 (the $20 credit is the only reason I ordered from them in this case).

Does someone off hand know for sure how often you can make an order with amazon that is supposed to qualify you for a $10 credit code? For example, I recently bought new Super Mario Bros Wii and got $10 credit for it (which I'm actually putting towards this new purchase); when I try to check out again (to get another Copy) I see it saying I do qualify for the $10 credit. Is that all I need to know about? I pretty sure I used to know what the answer to this was but I just can't seem to remember now. I Appreciate it..

[quote name='sciafb']Does someone off hand know for sure how often you can make an order with amazon that is supposed to qualify you for a $10 credit code? For example, I recently bought new Super Mario Bros Wii and got $10 credit for it (which I'm actually putting towards this new purchase); when I try to check out again (to get another Copy) I see it saying I do qualify for the $10 credit. Is that all I need to know about? I pretty sure I used to know what the answer to this was but I just can't seem to remember now. I Appreciate it..[/QUOTE]

Credits are usually 1 per account. You won't be able to get another one with the same Amazon account.

I thought the credits were only for pre-order...? The Alan Wake credit was dropped for a day and people wrote in and it was re-instated because Amazon made a mistake or something. I asked the same question at that point and nobody could name another game were the credit changed. So not sure about Rockband - Green Day, but you could always try e-mailing to see what they do.

Do you know how long it gives for the new super mario bros credit? Is there any way to tell whether games are 1, 2, 3 months?

[quote name='J7.']Do you know how long it gives for the new super mario bros credit? Is there any way to tell whether games are 1, 2, 3 months?[/QUOTE]

I don't know yet but I will soon. My NSMB shipped today so I should get the credit email any time now and will let you know how long it is for. SSF IV PS3 also...

Okay. I need to buy something for someone asap but I want to add a game so I can qualify for free shipping. So if anyone knows I'd really appreciate it.

bread's done
Back