Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
I put in my order for Green day rockband when it had $20 gaming credit so I am a little nervous that they dropped it down to $10. I would be a little pissed if they only give me a $10 credit. We shall see once it ships next Tuesday.

I just saw that the Green Day Rock Band went down to $10 video game credit instead of the original $20 credit. I emailed Amazon asking if I would still get the $20 credit since I preordered when it was still $20, the guy told me that he has no record that it was ever $20 and that I would only receive the $10 credit.

[quote name='GearsGirl7']I just saw that the Green Day Rock Band went down to $10 video game credit instead of the original $20 credit. I emailed Amazon asking if I would still get the $20 credit since I preordered when it was still $20, the guy told me that he has no record that it was ever $20 and that I would only receive the $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

That's not good! I emailed them too and maybe all CAGs who ordered it at the $20 credit should email Amazon. I was going to get it anyways but $20 made the deal even sweeter for me. I was going to get Singularity with it since it comes with a free Prototype and another $20.

i don't think you guys have to worry, that CSR was probably misinformed. amazon's credit system is automatic, once you make the purchase it's set up. the only similar situation i can think of was when tekken 6 came out last year, a lot of people ended up getting $10 credits even though it was never advertised, and amazon CSRs said that it was an offer for 1 week only, so all orders made in that time automatically got it, even though it wasn't on amazon's website at all.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Toy Story 3 for PS3/Xbox/PC now has a $10 credit[/QUOTE]

You know, I wanted this... but I read the article in Game Informer a few months ago and the company behind it has released some real poop. I think I will pass.

[quote name='J7.']Do you know how long it gives for the new super mario bros credit? Is there any way to tell whether games are 1, 2, 3 months?[/QUOTE]

I got my NSMB and SSF IV credits today and they are good until July 31st.

Though with Amazon, unlike GS, I tend to use them pretty quickly so it doesn't matter that much. In fact, I already used one of them. These two did not stack unlike the previous $20 and 2 $10 codes I had (which all stacked together on one order). After I placed my order with only 1 $10 discount I verified that the other is still there by putting another game in my cart. Odd that these two didn't stack but two other $10 codes (plus a $20 one) did just last week. Oh well, I'll use it eventually (and should get another from the order I just placed today).

Yeah it seems any of those games that were just matched from gamestop's offerings have credits that do not stack with eachother, unlike any pre-order ones.

[quote name='io']I got my NSMB and SSF IV credits today and they are good until July 31st.

Though with Amazon, unlike GS, I tend to use them pretty quickly so it doesn't matter that much. In fact, I already used one of them. These two did not stack unlike the previous $20 and 2 $10 codes I had (which all stacked together on one order). After I placed my order with only 1 $10 discount I verified that the other is still there by putting another game in my cart. Odd that these two didn't stack but two other $10 codes (plus a $20 one) did just last week. Oh well, I'll use it eventually (and should get another from the order I just placed today).[/QUOTE]

Thank you. :applause: I needed to order medical supplies for someone. Now I can throw in a game and get the free ship.

Well, amazon lost my pre-order for Green Day: Rock Band. I E-Mailed them and they said I only qualified for $10 credit. The $20 was a big motivator for me. I sent them an E-Mail back chewing them out and hope that they don't do this crap again. Baiting and switching like that is bull.

[quote name='bls_ironman']Well, amazon lost my pre-order for Green Day: Rock Band. I E-Mailed them and they said I only qualified for $10 credit. The $20 was a big motivator for me. I sent them an E-Mail back chewing them out and hope that they don't do this crap again. Baiting and switching like that is bull.[/QUOTE]

Amazon emailed me back and stated there was a $20 credit and that if you placed the order during that time period then we should still be getting that credit but for anyone now ordering would only get $10 credit.

Yea, they told me that I should get my $20 credit for RDR by June 1st and I have yet to see anything. I've always had great experiences with Amazon but this has really soured me on them after this. They also haven't responded to my last 3 emails.... I guess I'll have to call and chew them out tomorrow :(

[quote name='kryptonic']Yea, they told me that I should get my $20 credit for RDR by June 1st and I have yet to see anything. I've always had great experiences with Amazon but this has really soured me on them after this. They also haven't responded to my last 3 emails.... I guess I'll have to call and chew them out tomorrow :([/QUOTE]
No need to chew them out. The person answering your call didn't take your gift card :p

I've worked 18 years in the customer service field.... Unfortunately, it's their job to listen to complaints and solve problems. When I say "chew them out" I'm not implying I'm going to yell at them... I'm going to kindly tell them to fix my problem. Sheesh....

[quote name='kryptonic']I've worked 18 years in the customer service field.... Unfortunately, it's their job to listen to complaints and solve problems. When I say "chew them out" I'm not implying I'm going to yell at them... I'm going to kindly tell them to fix my problem. Sheesh....[/QUOTE]

Have you tried Amazon's Live Chat?

[quote name='kryptonic']What?!?!? Where is that located? Man, that would be awesome![/QUOTE]

I've had very good experience with their live chat feature. Supposedly it's available during all the day, but last time I asked they are still "testing" it, so you might not see it every time. I usually see it up in the mornings (starts @ 8 PDT). Just go to Help area, then Contact us, if it's up you should see a Chat tab.

Of all the times I've asked stuff, only one wasn't satisfactory, but later on I asked again and it was fixed. It's also much better than email (and usually faster, if the feature is available).

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I'm not sure if the credit is enough for me to get Transformers here over the Shockwave and Jazz DLC elsewhere. Hmm.[/QUOTE]

But Amazon has Demolisher! Heh...

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']But Amazon has Demolisher! Heh...[/QUOTE]

Ya what's up with that? Gamestop and BB get classic G1 characters and Amazon gets some random character from one of the more recent generations. Lame.

[quote name='Caddywompus21']Ya what's up with that? Gamestop and BB get classic G1 characters and Amazon gets some random character from one of the more recent generations. Lame.[/QUOTE]

It was probably about balance in the game... (Certain types of characters are needed on both sides and he probably just fit the bill.) I wouldn't stress those preorder bonus too much. They're multiplayer only and are useable only in one mode... Much of the games MP component is about leveling up your own Transformer.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']It was probably about balance in the game... (Certain types of characters are needed on both sides and he probably just fit the bill.) I wouldn't stress those preorder bonus too much. They're multiplayer only and are useable only in one mode... Much of the games MP component is about leveling up your own Transformer.[/QUOTE]

Well that's good to know. I figured they wanted to spread the love between the different classes. I'm not sure what I'll like more Flight, Speed or Brawn, but I doubt it will be the slow powerful tank.

For preordering Black Ops, would I have to wait until November to receive the promotion code or do I get it once I place in the order?

[quote name='Jintty']For preordering Black Ops, would I have to wait until November to receive the promotion code or do I get it once I place in the order?[/QUOTE]

Get a $20 Video Games Credit
Pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops and get $20 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Promotion valid on all existing orders. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.​

:whistle2:#

I received my $10 credit from Alpha Protocol yesterday (well tuesday) , but when I tried to place an order tonight to use it up it would never show up on the checkout screen. Tried both pre-orders and In-Stock items and it wouldn't apply for either. Never had this happen before. Sent them an email to ask them what the problem might be.

The $10 credit for Alpha Protocol isn't posting for me either...StarknightX, I'm interested in what you find out from Amazon. I was going to use this for Green Day: Rock Band.

crap. amazon won't give me the $10 credit on NSMBWii because I already got a $10 when I preordered it.

I called them and told them it's two different promos (preorder and current) and they are gonna get back to me.

Anyway, beware if you are buying a certain game for the second time.

[quote name='StarKnightX']I received my $10 credit from Alpha Protocol yesterday (well tuesday) , but when I tried to place an order tonight to use it up it would never show up on the checkout screen. Tried both pre-orders and In-Stock items and it wouldn't apply for either. Never had this happen before. Sent them an email to ask them what the problem might be.[/QUOTE]

StarKnightX (and anyone else who had the problem where Alpha Protocol promotional credit wasn't applying), I went ahead and contacted Amazon.com via email. I got a generic response within 15 minutes stating that they reviewed my account and could confirm that the $10 was indeed deposited into my account, along with instructions as to how to redeem it.

So, I quickly went to amazon.com and tried it, to no avail. Tried it on 3 different games.

So, I went back to the email they sent me and where it asked "Have I solved your problem?" I clicked No, which brought me to a place where I could either be contacted via phone or send another email. I elected to be contacted via phone.

After about 8 minutes on hold, I finally got ahold of someone. After explaining the situation, the kind lady on the phone tried it, and sure enough the credit wasn't applying! She said she would immediately notify the "head honcho" and it would be resolved within the hour. I also mentioned that there were others having the same issue.

So, you might want to check your account. If it isn't working, then follow the instructions I did. Hopefully all works out for you!

[quote name='speedy5044']Brutal Legend for $41.29 day of release (w/ ECA and $10 credit).... awesome. Thanks Cheapy.[/QUOTE]

Oh shit, I'm in another time vortex.

[quote name='confoosious']crap. amazon won't give me the $10 credit on NSMBWii because I already got a $10 when I preordered it.

I called them and told them it's two different promos (preorder and current) and they are gonna get back to me.

Anyway, beware if you are buying a certain game for the second time.[/QUOTE]

I got 2 $10 credits for NSMBWii. One ordered on 4/30 and the other on 5/24. Unless they mixed it up, but the order numbers do match the emails stating I got the credit. I haven't received the $10 credit for Glory of Heracles that I ordered on 5/23 though.

I recommend that anyone having issues with not receiving the credit use the live chat option. I was having issues not receiving my Alpha Protocol and Glory Of Heracles credit and I was able to get it fixed in about 2 minutes.

Amazon just denied me the Glory of Heracles credit because I ordered New Super Mario Bros Wii a few weeks ago. Has this happened to anybody on two different titles? I mean, how am I supposed to tell they're from the same promotion. I'm trying to work this out with Amazon right now, but I'm just wondering if anybody's had the same issue, and I've only looked at the last few pages of this thread.

Edited to add: Okay, now a representative is telling me that the last guy was incorrect, and now I have my Glory of Heracles credit. I'm glad that was resolved, but I'm surprised that there was an issue in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Neo Queen Serenity']I recommend that anyone having issues with not receiving the credit use the live chat option. I was having issues not receiving my Alpha Protocol and Glory Of Heracles credit and I was able to get it fixed in about 2 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has live chat?

where?

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Amazon just denied me the Glory of Heracles credit because I ordered New Super Mario Bros Wii a few weeks ago. Has this happened to anybody on two different titles? I mean, how am I supposed to tell they're from the same promotion. I'm trying to work this out with Amazon right now, but I'm just wondering if anybody's had the same issue, and I've only looked at the last few pages of this thread.[/QUOTE]

just try again, you'll get the right person who will help you out eventually.

[quote name='confoosious']Amazon has live chat?[/QUOTE]

I wrote about this in previous posts. Even tho Amazon says the Live Chat feature is available all day, you have better luck getting into it in the mornings (from Monday thru Friday), after 8 PDT. Just go to Help and then to Contact Us. If it's up you should see a Chat tab.

Wife made me buy Demon's Soul (she gets in all the gaming in our household as I toil away on my dissertation), so my $20 RDR credit is all used up. I was lucky enough to get the promo credit, the game pricematched at $49.99, and the preorder bonus Golden Guns code even though I didn't preorder, so all in all everything worked out quite well.

I wasn't sure if this deserved it's own topic, so I apologize if this isn't the appropriate place.

I just received an email saying that release date shipping will be applied at no additional charge to my Halo: Reach pre-order on Amazon.

"Hello from Amazon.com.

We are writing to you today because you purchased a pre-order copy of Halo Reach.
We are now able to offer Release-Date Delivery for this video game. This special delivery option is available to you for no additional charge and has been automatically applied to your order. Your copy of Halo Reach will arrive on Tuesday, September 14th.

We realize that many of our customers are huge Halo fans, and we're happy to offer Release-Date Delivery to get this title to you even faster.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department

Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com
"

I wish had more specifics. I'm not sure if this is for all current and future pre-orders, if this is a time sensitive deal, etc., but this email is all I have to go on at the moment. Pretty cool surprise, though!

:360::ps3: Singularity $20 credit (+free Prototype)

I dont see any promo for a Prototype, only for a graphic novel. Am I missing something? This game looks kinda cool, not getting any exposure though.

[quote name='toastmasta']:360::ps3: Singularity $20 credit (+free Prototype)

I dont see any promo for a Prototype, only for a graphic novel. Am I missing something? This game looks kinda cool, not getting any exposure though.[/QUOTE]

It's only up for the 360 version.

http://www.amazon.com/Singularity-Xbox-360/dp/B001UWGDC6/

Pre-order Bonus: Order Singularity for Xbox 360 and receive Prototype for free. The sticker with instructions on how to redeem will be packaged inside the qualifying product's box. Shipping and handling fees will apply. Offer good 06/29/10 through 08/31/10. Must be postmarked by 9/30/10. Allow 6 – 8 weeks for delivery.​

I also found this: http://www.amazon.com/Still-getting-Prototype-Free/forum/Fx2230TMD72XH09/Tx24QULIHFGGUOU/

yeah I got two. Then since I used them to make a purchase over $7.99 I got a $4.00 VOD credit and 6 month subcription to Rolling Stone mag for $1.

Amazon is now denying me on a vg credit because they're saying one per customer.

I bought Glory of Heracles and used $10 on SSFIV. According to them, SSFIV is the same promo as Glory. wtf??

bread's done
Back