Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
I think amazon is focusing on other areas now. I used to buy games from them alot, but i never got any emails about games sales. It was always higher end electronics and other services they wanted me to sign up for. Maybe they feel like video games sales arent worth fighting for right now?

[quote name='ChosenOne1']Hopefully as time passes, Amazon will up their credit deals. I mean last year, $20 credit was extended to a large majority of the new releases. If they add $20 to Halo 4 regular edition, I might just have to cancel the Limited Edition (need to save money these days), and they need to make the Borderlands 2 credit $20, not $10 to help with all the new releases coming up. I really don't want to shop on Newegg since I have Amazon prime and I might as well use it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah just looked at this thread for the first time in awhile as my friends have said Amazon has fallen off. Outside of the amazing PC deals and their customer service I have to agree. They are not fighting the taxs anymore in a lot of states, 99 cent release date delivery is gone but a win for prime members who now get release date delivery free, and lastly promo credits. If it wasn't for my Amazon rewards CC I would have gladly went with Newegg, BestBuy or even TRU the last 12+ months of game shopping.

I don't know what was up but it's incredible how much Amazon's game sales have changed. I remember it used to be you could preorder a game for less than retail, get it fast with prime, and end up with a 10-20$ credit. These were on popular games too. They had so much going for them but they must've been losing money off of it or something cause they aren't doing much at all to entice people to buy games from them. Hopefully game sales are ok for them, I never thought Bestbuy would be my premier place to buy videogames from.

Amazon is starting to add more games! I really hope they increase Borderlands 2 to $15 or $20 and I hope even more than they add Halo 4 for $20

[quote name='MyPaper']They won't charge tax for any pre order placed before Sept 15 right?[/QUOTE]

If you're in California, once the tax goes into effect, they will add it to every order shipped after that date regardless of when you pre-ordered. Many CAGs in Texas experienced that when their own Amazon tax went into effect a month or so ago.

[quote name='Mr Snarp Snarps']Amazon is starting to add more games! I really hope they increase Borderlands 2 to $15 or $20 and I hope even more than they add Halo 4 for $20[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pandanaut']Wait, did the $10 Borderlands 2 credit get taken off? I'm not seeing it anymore.[/QUOTE]

Tale of two posts here ;).

Yeah, I'm not seeing it either any more and this, of course, is the one time I forgot to screen cap it like I usually do with these offers. Maybe it is just a temporary thing if they really are adding more games with credits.

So, uh, Mr Snarps, what games, exactly, did they add? Some examples would be nice. I have a few other preorders there so I'll check on those at least.

I was referencing Sleeping Dogs and one of the NFL games they added. I didn't see those a week ago... or maybe I'm just crazy. (could be true)

Wait, did the $10 Borderlands 2 credit get taken off? I'm not seeing it anymore.

Yea i was curious about that as well. I pre-ordered it 3 weeks ago on there, along with Black ops 2.

Went back to check yesterday cause i was thinking about using my $10 credit towards angry birds for a friend and Borderlands 2 $10 offer was gone.

Guess i may cancel my preorder in a couple weeks if its not back and go to best buy or gamestop.

I emailed Amazon about it. Those of you who placed orders are fine, obviously.

Their rationale is that it worked like a coupon. They didn't put an expiration date on it, though, and after pointing this out I was able to get the $10 credit after sending in my order number.

[quote name='pandanaut']I emailed Amazon about it. Those of you who placed orders are fine, obviously.

Their rationale is that it worked like a coupon. They didn't put an expiration date on it, though, and after pointing this out I was able to get the $10 credit after sending in my order number.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean you just put in an order and they applied it for you manually?

But, otherwise, it really looks like it has been pulled for good. Pathetic...

I just know my credit it not going to go through and there is now no record of their even being a credit so I'll have a hard time convincing a CS rep I should be getting $10.

I've had to call or email on just about every game credit in the last year or so - almost none have applied automatically after shipping like they are supposed to.

[quote name='io']Do you mean you just put in an order and they applied it for you manually?

I just know my credit it not going to go through and there is now no record of their even being a credit so I'll have a hard time convincing a CS rep I should be getting $10.

I've had to call or email on just about every game credit in the last year or so - almost none have applied automatically after shipping like they are supposed to.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, thought it was just me. Been having to contract them every time I order something too. I'm telling them the main reason I shop with them is because of the credits the offer. so it is annoying for the credits to disappear, or be there, and not applied correctly.

Going to copy every thing I order from now on because like you say its hard convincing them when their or system removes things.

[quote name='io']Do you mean you just put in an order and they applied it for you manually?

I've had to call or email on just about every game credit in the last year or so - almost none have applied automatically after shipping like they are supposed to.[/QUOTE]

It took two rounds of emails, because originally the guy thanked me for my order and said that he appreciated my business, pointing out I paid with credit. :drool:

Luckily I saved the original email, so I shot off a second one, explaining the situation. The guy was more than nice enough and just manually adjusted the price from $59.99 to $49.99. I don't think many people will be able to pull this off, though, because they really don't want to do it and you have to get a CSR who acknowledges there was credit in the first place.

Has anyone heard any info on whether Amazon will carry the 3DS XL? I rather buy it through them because I have some credit with them but they do not have it up for preorder yet.

[quote name='unknown0']Has anyone heard any info on whether Amazon will carry the 3DS XL? I rather buy it through them because I have some credit with them but they do not have it up for preorder yet.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. They don't even sell the 3DS anymore due to excessive returns.

Hi guys I had a quick question. I've never pre-ordered through Amazon before, but I pre-ordered Madden 13' today. For shipping options, it gave me only 2 options for shipping; Standard shipping and Super Saver(?) shipping. I was hoping that it would have the option for release date delivery after I placed the order since I read things online about them doing that. Now, I just got my order reciept in my email, and it says the delivery estimate is Sep. 4-6th. The game comes out August 28th and I really don't wanna wait that long. Is there any way to get 1 day shipping for the day comes out, I really don't mind spending the extra money.

Does anyone know if you still get the credit for Borderlands 2 if you preordered when the credit was still up?

Also GHmanRON, judging from previous experience with Amazon pre orders Amazon waits untill the last week or two before they add $1 one day shipping. Keep checking on it.

[quote name='GHmanRON']Hi guys I had a quick question. I've never pre-ordered through Amazon before, but I pre-ordered Madden 13' today. For shipping options, it gave me only 2 options for shipping; Standard shipping and Super Saver(?) shipping. I was hoping that it would have the option for release date delivery after I placed the order since I read things online about them doing that. Now, I just got my order reciept in my email, and it says the delivery estimate is Sep. 4-6th. The game comes out August 28th and I really don't wanna wait that long. Is there any way to get 1 day shipping for the day comes out, I really don't mind spending the extra money.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mr Snarp Snarps']Does anyone know if you still get the credit for Borderlands 2 if you preordered when the credit was still up?

Also GHmanRON, judging from previous experience with Amazon pre orders Amazon waits untill the last week or two before they add $1 one day shipping. Keep checking on it.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, $0.99 release-date delivery for regular buyers is completely gone. If you want that shipping option, now you have to pay $10 and that sucks.

[quote name='FerDK']Unfortunately, $0.99 release-date delivery for regular buyers is completely gone. If you want that shipping option, now you have to pay $10 and that sucks.[/QUOTE]
I'd still be willing to pay the extra $10. But is the option for release date delivery gone because I have a PO Box? I think I remember reading it on Amazon earlier.

[quote name='GHmanRON']I'd still be willing to pay the extra $10. But is the option for release date delivery gone because I have a PO Box? I think I remember reading it on Amazon earlier.[/QUOTE]

The new price for release date delivery is for most continental US addresses.
I realized this a month ago, because I wanted to change the delivery address of some of my pre-orders (all originally had RDD for $0.99), and the system tried to charge me $10 for that same shipping option. When I contacted Amazon CS they told me that now the RDD $0.99 option was over for non-prime members.
Now I do most of my pre-orders at Best Buy :)

WOW I wish I had a Best Buy close to me. I am never pre ordering a game from Amazon again (after Borderlands 2). Newegg sounds like a good place to pre order now:D

[quote name='FerDK']The new price for release date delivery is for most continental US addresses.
I realized this a month ago, because I wanted to change the delivery address of some of my pre-orders (all originally had RDD for $0.99), and the system tried to charge me $10 for that same shipping option. When I contacted Amazon CS they told me that now the RDD $0.99 option was over for non-prime members.
Now I do most of my pre-orders at Best Buy :)[/QUOTE]
I was browsing more and I found out the reason I may not have RDD. I clicked on shipping speed on my order page, and it said this.

"Note: We cannot ship Second Day or Next Day Air to P.O. boxes, APO/FPO addresses, or addresses served by the USPS as domestic destinations including Guam and the U.S. Virgtin Islands."

I guess no RDD since I have a PO box eh?

[quote name='GHmanRON']I was browsing more and I found out the reason I may not have RDD. I clicked on shipping speed on my order page, and it said this.

"Note: We cannot ship Second Day or Next Day Air to P.O. boxes, APO/FPO addresses, or addresses served by the USPS as domestic destinations including Guam and the U.S. Virgtin Islands."

I guess no RDD since I have a PO box eh?[/QUOTE]

That sucks, it seems you are out of luck.

[quote name='FerDK']That sucks, it seems you are out of luck.[/QUOTE]
I ended up just shipping it to a friends address, now they gave me a 2 day shipping option. better then like 5 business days.

As others have reported, the $10 credit for Borderlands 2 seems that it's gone.

If you were to pre-order one of these, which would it be? The bonuses don't seem that good on any of them (?).

• Borderlands 2
  • Darksiders II
  • Sleeping Dogs

[quote name='Azuvidexus']As others have reported, the $10 credit for Borderlands 2 seems that it's gone.

If you were to pre-order one of these, which would it be? The bonuses don't seem that good on any of them (?).

• Borderlands 2
  • Darksiders II
  • Sleeping Dogs
[/QUOTE]

I'd pre-order Borderlands 2 from Gamestop if at all possible. They have the standard pre-order bonuses that Amazon and whoever else (Best Buy?) has and also an exclusive mode where you can fight waves of bosses and get loot.

Sleeping Dogs's pre-order bonuses are fairly equal sounding... BB gets George St. Pierre related DLC, GS gets Police-themed and Amazon gets Martial Arts.

Darksiders II, GS gets exclusive side-quests, BB gets armor and Amazon gets a speed upgrade to the horse to run faster. THQ also tends to offer their exclusive pre-order DLC for reasonable prices after its release.

So definitely either Sleeping Dogs or Darksiders II. Probably Sleeping Dogs.

Just a heads up for those still interested...

Borderlands 2 $10 credit has been re-instated, for now at least. It doesn't show up in the normal spot (under the platform selection box), but if you scroll down to the "Special Offers & Product Promotions" heading, the blurb about the $10 credit is there.

[quote name='GoatRoyale']Just a heads up for those still interested...

Borderlands 2 $10 credit has been re-instated, for now at least. It doesn't show up in the normal spot (under the platform selection box), but if you scroll down to the "Special Offers & Product Promotions" heading, the blurb about the $10 credit is there.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, I wonder if this will trigger the glitch where people who've had it preordered for a long time will get both certs. I remember a couple of times in the past where a $10 credit changed to a $20 credit later, and people whose preorder covered both periods got both.

Really? Huh. I'm just glad it's back, honestly. I panicked when it got removed because I had some recent trade-in credit I wanted to apply, but didn't want to cancel / re-order if it meant losing the $10 promo.

Now let's see if Amazon throws some promos on Halo or something (HA! Doubtful)

EDIT:
Ooh, Resident Evil 6 has $10 now, too!

[quote name='pyoobez']I'd pre-order Borderlands 2 from Gamestop if at all possible. They have the standard pre-order bonuses that Amazon and whoever else (Best Buy?) has and also an exclusive mode where you can fight waves of bosses and get loot.[/QUOTE]

Borderlands 2 $10 credit has been re-instated, for now at least. It doesn't show up in the normal spot (under the platform selection box), but if you scroll down to the "Special Offers & Product Promotions" heading, the blurb about the $10 credit is there.[/QUOTE]

Does GameStop accept international credit cards? And also, Creature Slaughter Dome vs. the $10 credit. Comments?

That or just waiting for the eventual $39.99 sale :eek:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Hmm, I wonder if this will trigger the glitch where people who've had it preordered for a long time will get both certs. I remember a couple of times in the past where a $10 credit changed to a $20 credit later, and people whose preorder covered both periods got both.[/QUOTE]
That would be cool, but I won't hold my breath for it.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Does GameStop accept international credit cards? And also, Creature Slaughter Dome vs. the $10 credit. Comments?

That or just waiting for the eventual $39.99 sale :eek:[/QUOTE]
The Slaughter Dome just sounds like a new version of the really shitty Mad Moxxi DLC from Borderlands 1, except this time you can actually level up from it.

My guess is that the Slaughter Dome will be available to download later for $10 (but I wouldn't be surprised if they charged $15). So really it's up to you to figure out which is more valuable, DLC or credit.

[quote name='kitlerc']The Slaughter Dome just sounds like a new version of the really shitty Mad Moxxi DLC from Borderlands 1, except this time you can actually level up from it.

My guess is that the Slaughter Dome will be available to download later for $10 (but I wouldn't be surprised if they charged $15). So really it's up to you to figure out which is more valuable, DLC or credit.[/QUOTE]

Well, the addon of XP alone makes it better than Mad Moxxi. Plus, I imagine it will be better with weapon drops. Even with my Mordecai character with rare mods set up, it seemed like the weapon drops were seriously low compared to any other area of the main game or other DLC. All I can really recall finding where the occassional white handguns. Usually the cheapest and useless valued stuff around.

Great I guess I will keep my Amazon order due to not having sales tax. If the Slaughter Dome DLC turns out to be good then I would just buy it when it goes on sale. (up tp $15)

Variablesunknown- yes you will get the credit now.

Pyoobez- I heard the "rare mods" err mods were glitched in Borderlands 1. Hackers would hack them to the max amount which should have made every item drop orange. It did nothing. Also the Dome in BL1 had really bad drops for me and I did it as a level 69.

Question, I plan to get borderlands 2 and was wondering about the free super saver shipping on pre orders like this.

Does it usaully arrive on release day? I ask because i often buy my pre ordered games from newegg and i use there free shipping, even tho it states like 4 days i always recieve my pre orders from them on day 1. Does amazon free super saver shipping work like this where ill prob get it release day?

[quote name='Xenokai']Question, I plan to get borderlands 2 and was wondering about the free super saver shipping on pre orders like this.

Does it usaully arrive on release day? I ask because i often buy my pre ordered games from newegg and i use there free shipping, even tho it states like 4 days i always recieve my pre orders from them on day 1. Does amazon free super saver shipping work like this where ill prob get it release day?[/QUOTE]

No. I can all but guarantee you will not get it on release day w FSSS.

I'm screen capping this right now in case it goes away again. I was just about to cancel my preorder and go with GS (to use credit there). This $10 is (barely) enough for me to keep it at Amazon.

As for getting two $10 credits (for having it preordered before) I'll just be happy if I can get one without having to contact them. More often than not it seems I have to contact Amazon to get these video game credits - they rarely come automatically. I think this happens more often with really really old preorders. I had some games preordered for 2+ years and those were always flaky. I've had this one now for several months, though, so we'll see...

[quote name='Lucian']No. I can all but guarantee you will not get it on release day w FSSS.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I've pre-ordered quite a few games with FSSS. I live in a city that's a postal hub and like 3-4 hours from Philly/Delaware where the games were being shipped from. I averaged Thursdays with rarer Fridays with FSSS. I believe that was Philly straight to my town although it may have went through another stop in Harrisburg.

I think I ordered 3 games with the 99 cent shipping and they arrived on Wednesday, with one being Thursday. (My mailman said they were swamped from the holidays on the one that was Thursday.)

Still, I can't imagine anyone getting release day unless you live in the same city. They'd likely let it sit for a day just because you didn't pay for the super expensive shipping.

[quote name='pyoobez']Yeah. I've pre-ordered quite a few games with FSSS. I live in a city that's a postal hub and like 3-4 hours from Philly/Delaware where the games were being shipped from. I averaged Thursdays with rarer Fridays with FSSS. I believe that was Philly straight to my town although it may have went through another stop in Harrisburg.

I think I ordered 3 games with the 99 cent shipping and they arrived on Wednesday, with one being Thursday. (My mailman said they were swamped from the holidays on the one that was Thursday.)

Still, I can't imagine anyone getting release day unless you live in the same city. They'd likely let it sit for a day just because you didn't pay for the super expensive shipping.[/QUOTE]
Several years ago, I used to get items on release day with FSSS because they'd ship on Saturday prior to release. But as they began to push Prime, FSSS must have been given a much lower priority because my experience was similar to yours. In the past, FSSS was blazing fast around the holidays, even though slower the rest of the year. Not sure if Amazon still does that, as I eventually gave in and subscribed to Prime. So, I guess their methods worked with me.

bread's done
Back