Amazon dotd Sonic class collec. (nds) $13.99

PublikDefender

CAGiversary!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_85826191_2?ie=UTF8&docId=1000208101

Amazon deal of the day:
Sonic classic collection (nintendo ds): $13.99 (reg. $19.99)

Games include:
• Sonic The Hedgehog • Sonic The Hedgehog 2 • Sonic The Hedghog 3 • Sonic & Knuckles It also features two extra lock-on modes from the originals whereby Knuckles becomes a playable character in both Sonic 2 and 3 to complete the full experience. For the first time the best of classic Sonic comes to the Nintendo DS for a new generation of gamers!

Happy 20th* Birthday, Sonic!!!

*thanks, sainrub

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, this is 20 years now that you mention it.

I don't know...this is sort of a good deal, but I already own these 90 billion ways, so...hmm.

Wish they'd rerelease more diverse stuff...like a second Genesis collection (well, sort of the new one is a second collection, so I want a third! :D)

At this point, paying anymore than like $3 per game is far too much for games I already own on the genesis, ports on the PS2 collection and the collection on the Dreamcast...

You might as well use your money on the sonic sega genesis collection which has these games and loads of others like streets of rage, raystar, comix zone and other classics. You can get it really cheap now. Just put it in your 360 or ps3 and you are good to go.

Word of advice I think they are releasing a Sonic 20th Anniversary collection on the PSN and 360 that has Sonic 1,2,4 ep 1, and Sonic Adventure for $20. So this is not worth the money.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Word of advice I think they are releasing a Sonic 20th Anniversary collection on the PSN and 360 that has Sonic 1,2,4 ep 1, and Sonic Adventure for $20. So this is not worth the money.[/QUOTE]

well this is about having them on the go

[quote name='mcdaking84']well this is about having them on the go[/QUOTE]

If I'm not mistaken, can't you download it on psn and put it on your psp ? I forgot so correct me if I'm wrong

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Word of advice I think they are releasing a Sonic 20th Anniversary collection on the PSN and 360 that has Sonic 1,2,4 ep 1, and Sonic Adventure for $20. So this is not worth the money.[/QUOTE]
That doesn't have Sonic 3 or Sonic and Knuckles, it's not portable, and it costs more.

Which collection(s) had Sonic CD?

I'd probably get the Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection as straight edge suggested at that price. I don't care for mobility enough to get this DS collection for now anyway. Luckily I haven't bought any of these rehash/remake/collections, so I can justify them more easily. Admittedly, I did buy Sonic 1-3 on the Wii, but that's only one repurchase for me!

[quote name='imacgod']Which collection(s) had Sonic CD?[/QUOTE]

That would be Sonic Gems Collection that started out as a Gamecube exclusive but was later ported to other consoles.

Back in the day my friends and I would all argue about consoles. I was soundly in the Nintendo corner and thus I've never completed a classic Sonic game. With all this talk of collections what would be the best to get? Does this gems collection also include 1-3 and Sonic and Knuckles?

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Back in the day my friends and I would all argue about consoles. I was soundly in the Nintendo corner and thus I've never completed a classic Sonic game. With all this talk of collections what would be the best to get? Does this gems collection also include 1-3 and Sonic and Knuckles?[/QUOTE]

The gems collection contains Sonic CD, Sonic the Fighters, and a 3rd title I can't recall at the moment. (Sonic R mayhaps?) If you want the classic Sonics, you'd be best off getting the Mega Collection Plus. That one featured all the Genesis titles, as long as a few delicious extras. (Comix Zone for one.

I say skip it, chances are you've already played these games on the other systems Sonic has been ported to. And I have a feeling there will be a better collection when sonic turns 25.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']That would be Sonic Gems Collection that started out as a Gamecube exclusive but was later ported to other consoles.[/QUOTE]

Remember, you can use the GC version on your Wii, and the xbox version works on the 360. So if you have those consoles getting the older compilations is still a viable option for most.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']That would be Sonic Gems Collection that started out as a Gamecube exclusive but was later ported to other consoles.[/QUOTE]

Negative, in the US it's on the Gamecube only. I think Europe/Japan had it on the PS2 though as well.

I personally though this was an awful port when I played it on my dslite last year. However, I've read it runs smoother on sucessors to the lite and nearly flawlessly for the 3ds. If you're playing on a lite though beware of horrid framerate issues

bread's done
Back