Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='UW_Shocks']320 GB is pretty small by today's standards. My almost 2 year old laptop has a 640GB harddrive.

If you have a desktop, you should be able to grab a 1 TB [ ~1000GB] drive for around $100. Especially with deals going on, you may even find it discounted for a cheaper price.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='encendido5']^^Ha! That's probably why.. My pc is 4.5 years old. I have a 2 TB drive as my "document" drive though but it would be a pain to switch everything over.[/QUOTE]

I'm a bit of a hard-drive whore. I have a 2TB drive in my gaming rig, a 2TB drive in my HTPC, a 2TB external drive that I use to back up my movie rips and game library... and last weekend I bought a 3TB external drive because the 2TB one is almost full.

1TB internal drives should run around $60-70, and 2TB internal drives should run around $90-100. Prices are a bit cheaper during the holiday season, though; that 3TB drive came to Papa in exchange for $99.99.

[quote name='wbc1228']Max Payne 3 + DLC is an awesome deal at $20.
I have to pass though.
At ~60GB, I need it in disc format.[/QUOTE]

60 GB??!?!
Holy crap - does the DLC take up that much space?

I have Max Payne 3 (base game only) [Non-Steam Version from Amazon DVG] and it takes up like 29.1 GB.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Arconis True Image
Make clone of your drive on another one, use the backup drive only for that. Do it regularly or after doing important things that day. Set it up to do it at night when you are asleep or whenever is covenant for you.

If your drive goes down for any reason (physic and/or software related) just turn your PC off, unplug bad drive and back up drive and plug the cable from the bad one into the backup. PC is back up and running like nothing happen and you can deal with the bad drive when you get the time :D[/QUOTE]

I'm literally doing this as we speak.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='KaOTiK']Arconis True Image
Make clone of your drive on another one, use the backup drive only for that. Do it regularly or after doing important things that day. Set it up to do it at night when you are asleep or whenever is covenant for you.

If your drive goes down for any reason (physic and/or software related) just turn your PC off, unplug bad drive and back up drive and plug the cable from the bad one into the backup. PC is back up and running like nothing happen and you can deal with the bad drive when you get the time :D[/QUOTE]

I think the hamsters were running too fast, and one of them asploded. Acronis doesn't make any Hamster Recovery products (yet). :lol:

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Any other "gems" to be aware of?

Please let us know of the gems you've found in the Amazon sales list.[/QUOTE]

Here ya go:

Total Annihilation:

http://www.amazon.com/Atari-40528nn...1353983527&sr=8-1&keywords=total+annihilation

This game is about all I remember of PC gaming growing up- and honestly it hasn't aged too badly. TA is Starcraft before there was Starcraft- no, it doesn't have an engrossing story or great multiplayer- but it is a fantastic game, probably the most fun RTS that I've ever played. I was happy to see that all the amazon reviews liked it too- it is a fantastic buy for $2.50.

I just want to say thank you Tony for the great black friday deals.
I hope you never leave your current position, as I would find it hard pressed someone would do your job any better. I have purchased more digital goods from you guys than steam or any other venue this year, and this black friday.

*Rubs brown off my nose.

[quote name='encendido5']How do you guys play multiplayer on one pc? Is it as easy as plugging in two 360 controllers?

Also, how do you guys have so much room to install all these games? I'm down to 30 gbs on my 320gb drive and if you're using SSD, I can't even imagine.[/QUOTE]

I use 2 wireless xbox controllers to play nba 2k13 no prob. If you wireless you can do 4 controllers on one dongle. If its wired just plug em in and go.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'm literally doing this as we speak.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Imo, there's nothing like a decent backup computer. If you keep your active fileset in Dropbox or similar and you can be good to go when Nvidia kills your MacBook Pro on the way home.

Heck, I toss my game save files into Dropbox and symlink them. (Gives me the ability to easily roll back to a prior point in time.)

[quote name='encendido5']Also, how do you guys have so much room to install all these games? I'm down to 30 gbs on my 320gb drive and if you're using SSD, I can't even imagine.[/QUOTE]
2TB drive just for steam, other games on a couple of 500GB partitions.

Also would like to thank Tony. Spent more at Amazon than Steam. Hope you're not like me in that I get the desire to tip over the desk when I run across computer situations like that.

[quote name='MysterD']ALL Internals?[/QUOTE]

Yep. All 7200 RPM. 2 Hitachi's, 2 Seagates (they are faster). That's not counting my boot drive or scrap drive. I figure by the time I build my next system, SSD's will be large/cheap enough to use those, and then make this system a network backup of that systems drives. My AMD A8-3870K / Radeon HD 6550D DirectX 11 (APU) doesn't choke on much of anything. So it will last quite awhile (awesome at emulating as well). The entire system cost me less than $400.

It's completely sealed air tight with 4 90 CFM fans as output (top rear. bottom rear, 2 top vent), with a heavy duty automobile intake filter mounted to the front bottom, right in front of the hard drives. I added an aftermarket CoolerMaster GeminII S524 to cool the CPU and it hangs over 8GB of Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3 to cool them as well. For a "budget build" it has left me breathless at moments. The hard drives never see above 80 Degrees Fahrenheit at full tilt. I overclocked the memory to 1800, GPU to 800, and can run the CPU stable at 4.5GHz. (Though at the moment I have everything back to "factory specs" cause I was hard crashing randomly and had to troubleshoot. Turned out to be a failing hard drive (old 500GB Hitachi).

[quote name='walkonshadows']Am I the only one with 4 2TB drives? (8 TB total)?[/QUOTE]

I have 7 2TB HDD in RAID5 for my movies (have 0.9TB free), 2 500GB HDD in RAID 1 for my data (doc, pics, etc.)...but only 1TB in my desktop for gaming.

Oh, and I have 13 1TB HDD that are my backups.

[quote name='rslater']Also would like to thank Tony. Spent more at Amazon than Steam. Hope you're not like me in that I get the desire to tip over the desk when I run across computer situations like that.[/QUOTE]

It happened at 2:00am. I got complaints from the neighbors this morning. Definitely yelled,might havw broken this stupid paper standing lamp I've been meaning to throw away forever. Paddy was barking at me, I had a piece of Thanksgiving pie, broke the stupid lamp again and went to sleep.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I have 7 2TB HDD in RAID5 for my movies (have 0.9TB free), 2 500GB HDD in RAID 1 for my data (doc, pics, etc.)...but only 1TB in my desktop for gaming.

Oh, and I have 13 1TB HDD that are my backups.[/QUOTE]

Holy Shit. I just bought 2x 3TB internals to add to my 2x 2TB drives that I already have installed for a total of 10TB of storage space. But I'm a frickin' piker compared to you. lol

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']It happened at 2:00am. I got complaints from the neighbors this morning. Definitely yelled,might havw broken this stupid paper standing lamp I've been meaning to throw away forever. Paddy was barking at me, I had a piece of Thanksgiving pie, broke the stupid lamp again and went to sleep.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='The End']Holy Shit. I just bought 2x 3TB internals to add to my 2x 2TB drives that I already have installed for a total of 10TB of storage space. But I'm a frickin' piker compared to you. lol[/QUOTE]

HTPC + BD.iso = LOTS of storage needed

I can only hope my PC gaming collection in no way approaches my movie collection because there is NO WAY I can afford that much storage. It is kind of shocking to see the size of some of these game downloads, however. I still remember when I got Dragon's Lair for my Amiga 2000 and it was on like 6 or 8 3.5" floppy disks and I was like "damn, this game is HUGE!".

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']It happened at 2:00am. I got complaints from the neighbors this morning. Definitely yelled,might havw broken this stupid paper standing lamp I've been meaning to throw away forever. Paddy was barking at me, I had a piece of Thanksgiving pie, broke the stupid lamp again and went to sleep.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

LOL, sounds like a rough night Tony!

[quote name='lwhitit']I use 2 wireless xbox controllers to play nba 2k13 no prob. If you wireless you can do 4 controllers on one dongle. If its wired just plug em in and go.[/QUOTE]

So you have a receiver-thing? I've just been using a wired 360 controller but I have a wireless lying around somewhere

Tony, any possibility of matching Steam's price for the Kung-Fu Strike DLC? I'll be getting it either way but I'd rather get it from Amazon.

That $5 credit is awesome!!

Well, at the last minutes I jumped on a Paradox package (I love the King Arthur series... already have the first one, so I added the 2nd one and some other stuff.) Then bought the Civ 5 pack for Babylon... Then bought Robin Hood - (Ugh, not what I thought it was... oh well. Maybe I will enjoy it at some point.)

Strongly toyed about getting the Nancy Drew's... but I am going to hold off for a collection price... hint... hint...

Great great job!!!

On hard drive talk, I have a 10 TB NAS, but I build lots of VMs.

My new gaming rig will only have a 256 GB SSD. Just only installing what I am playing.

Tony, another great sale. Looking forward to what you have cooking next.

[quote name='MC Kage']So you have a receiver-thing? I've just been using a wired 360 controller but I have a wireless lying around somewhere[/QUOTE]

Yep its called a dongle, you only need one for up to 4 controllers. I rotate the controllers between my xbox and cpu. Only prob is if they are hooked up to the xbox i need to power them on, turn off the xbox and then put the controller on pairing mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mooby']Tony,

I see Amazon has discounted Warlock 75% off; any chance we can get the same discount on its DLC:

http://www.amazon.com/Warlock-Master-Arcane-Return-Download/dp/B009ETPKFS/
http://www.amazon.com/Warlock-Master-Arcane-Powerful-Online/dp/B007ZU5GWA/
http://www.amazon.com/Warlock-Master-Arcane-Serpent-Download/dp/B009CCXYSM/ -- Note the page is incorrect for this, it's displaying the base game and its description not the DLC and its description (which is $3 as opposed to the $20 the base game is)[/QUOTE]
This.

any thoughts on KOA as it is in the number 2 spot right now in digital games. any chance of seeing same bundle with the weapons DLC?

since this game is EA, requires Origin

So I entered my purchase key on steam for Borderlands 2 and its a 5 Gig Download, yet on the Borderlands 2 page on Amazon it says like 13GB. Weird. Anyone know why?

[quote name='lwhitit']Yep its called a dongle, you only need one for up to 4 controllers. I rotate the controllers between my xbox and cpu. Only prob is if they are hooked up to the xbox i need to power them on, turn off the xbox and then put the controller on pairing mode.[/QUOTE]

Dongle butt...heehee

What's the one that you use? Third-party or MS'? or did you buy a 360 Controller for Windows and it came with one?

[quote name='waabulo']any thoughts on KOA as it is in the number 2 spot right now in digital games. any chance of seeing same bundle with the weapons DLC?

since this game is EA, requires Origin[/QUOTE]

We chatted about this several weeks ago (actually, I had the same question about the weapons DLC which Amazon doesn't offer). IIRC, someone mentioned that the weapons DLC had a low chance of being released on Amazon at this point because the studio behind the game is effectively dead. I felt better about it not being in the Amazon KoA bundle when some CAGs said the weapons pack really didn't add much to the game. Further, it was mentioned that the two other DLCs were much more important (and part of the pack sold on Amazon).

TL;DR: There's little chance of Amazon offering the Weapons pack DLC. It doesn't add much anyway, and the Teeth of Naros and Legend of Dead Kel are substantial enough. Buy it anyway :)

[quote name='NeoGutsman']We chatted about this several weeks ago (actually, I had the same question about the weapons DLC which Amazon doesn't offer). IIRC, someone mentioned that the weapons DLC had a low chance of being released on Amazon at this point because the studio behind the game is effectively dead. I felt better about it not being in the Amazon KoA bundle when some CAGs said the weapons pack really didn't add much to the game. Further, it was mentioned that the two other DLCs were much more important (and part of the pack sold on Amazon).

TL;DR: There's little chance of Amazon offering the Weapons pack DLC. It doesn't add much anyway, and the Teeth of Naros and Legend of Dead Kel are substantial enough. Buy it anyway :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the explanation. Seems like a great deal, Origin not withstanding.

[quote name='rasvelen']Tony I just want to let you know I didn't spend a dime on Steam and bought all of my games on Amazon. :)[/QUOTE]
Ditto. Great sale. Barring any last minute purchases, I limited my spending since I am crazy busy until Christmas anyways. I had a very hard time holding off on XCom and BL2, but I am staying strong.

So awesome to see Amazon killing it in this market. Competition is a great thing for a CAG.

[quote name='reyhantyo']does anyone know how many hours left for me to buy civ 5 goty for 12,49$ ?[/QUOTE]

13 hours.

EDIT: Sorry, thought this was the Steam thread. I don' gone to the wrong neighborhood.

I'm not sure if this was discussed before but does anyone know why my software/video games credit is displaying $19.98? I think I have only purchased 1 qualifying game for the $5 credit. Just wondering what is up with that and if it's a glitch or real for future use.

[quote name='LocarionStorm']I'm not sure if this was discussed before but does anyone know why my software/video games credit is displaying $19.98? I think I have only purchased 1 qualifying game for the $5 credit. Just wondering what is up with that and if it's a glitch or real for future use.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your purchase from Amazon.com. Your purchase entitles you to a $9.99 promotional credit, good towards 25 Runescape Squeel of Fortune Spins.

Thank you for your purchase from Amazon.com. Your purchase entitles you to a $9.99 promotional credit, good towards the Stronghold Kingdoms Mighty Castle Pack.

I don't think the $5 ones are currently showing up in that total.

[quote name='xanchui']Thank you for your purchase from Amazon.com. Your purchase entitles you to a $9.99 promotional credit, good towards 25 Runescape Squeel of Fortune Spins.

Thank you for your purchase from Amazon.com. Your purchase entitles you to a $9.99 promotional credit, good towards the Stronghold Kingdoms Mighty Castle Pack.

I don't think the $5 ones are currently showing up in that total.[/QUOTE]

Okay, that makes more sense. My email thought Amazon was spamming me so I didn't see those emails at first (after having made 2 purchases now and getting 6 emails about promo credits).

Thanks.

[quote name='Dev518']Any opinions of Syndicate? I really don't care that it's not faithful to the original and I enjoy shooters.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up, haven't played it. $5 is usually as cheap as EA games go online, rarely $2.50.

From what I have heard it's solid, but better in coop.

[quote name='TheKbob']I picked it up, haven't played it. $5 is usually as cheap as EA games go online, rarely $2.50.

From what I have heard it's solid, but better in coop.[/QUOTE]
hmmm. I won't have any friends to play with on PC. Maybe I'll just wait for the 360 version to drop.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Am I the only one with 4 2TB drives? (8 TB total)?[/QUOTE]

6x 1.0 TB, 3x 2.0TB and 1x 3.0TB

7 Internal and 3 External :lol:

Does anybody know why Steam extended their sale and whether Amazon will continue to price match or not ?

[quote name='r9800pro']6x 1.0 TB, 3x 2.0TB and 1x 3.0TB

7 Internal and 3 External :lol:

Does anybody know why Steam extended their sale and whether Amazon will continue to price match or not ?[/QUOTE]

It wasn't extended. The new deals ended on the 26th. They just don't expire until the 27th.

This isn't as good a deal as 1600 MS points for $10, BUT, you can buy 400 MS points for $4.99 and it still kicks out a $5 January game download coupon.

I managed a brief look at Syndicate's co-op earlier. Looks like very few people playing (Hopefully more after this sale and people download it) but it seems promising. Vaguely Left 4 Dead/Payday-esque in that you run around a reasonably sized map and it spits objectives at you and waves of enemies run at you to get murdered. Enemy variety seems fairly decent and the few guns I messed with had fairly distinct handling.

Way too much bloom and way too low FOV though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back