Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Word, thanks dude, I'll go add a thumbs up :). I envision a day in the future where a CAG posts on SD and tells this thread and people go over to add thumbs up. Whenever we get deals that make it to the frontpage they do SO WELL.

A guy can dream right?

[/QUOTE]

Thumbs up added as well as rep to the OP on SD. :)

As a frequent re-poster on SD, I am still hoping for the day when you do such a crazy deal we end up crashing your servers and I make 10k reputation points for being the OP. We got ebay during The Great HP Touchpad Firesale of 2011, Amazon is the last retailer standing. This guy can dream as well ;-)

[quote name='jshackles']Tony,

Any upcoming deals on your LEGO games (Batman, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, etc)? Gamefly had them for super cheap while you were out and I passed them up because I'd rather buy them from you guys.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes!

[quote name='TheHeretic']Is it also possible to price match Steam mid-week sale for Wargame: European Escalation?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/58610[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
This should be done shortly. Had to wake up the hamsters.
[/QUOTE]

Any news on this? What's up with the hamsters are they on it yet?

Thanks Tony!

[quote name='ev768']Well, keep in mind they post a lot of Russian CD key sites there. So they might not be as grateful.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they're coming out of the woodworks now that it's in the "Hot Deals" section. I think I'd rather pirate a game than deal with a Russian CD key site and risk my Steam account going bye-bye.

EDIT: BOOM FP!

[quote name='jshackles']Yeah they're coming out of the woodworks now that it's in the "Hot Deals" section. I think I'd rather pirate a game than deal with a Russian CD key site and risk my Steam account going bye-bye.

EDIT: BOOM FP![/QUOTE]

BOOM! Goes the CAG Dynamite!

Thanks guys :). Having our deals spread quickly like this is what allows me to get better deals, for realz.

As a reminder, both of these will be $9.99 each on Sunday:

The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack Contains:

Bulletstorm
Burnout Paradise
Mercenaries 2
Mirror's Edge
The Saboteur

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Digital Collection Contains:

Battlefield Bad Company 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Working on the COD franchise sale.[/QUOTE]
Please, please, pleeease try to work out a better price on the old COD titles this time! MW2 has been $5 before, yet it hasn't hit that price again in ages... I'd totally bite on Blops for $10 too, but it's always $20 it seems.

You can do it, Tony!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']As a reminder, both of these will be $9.99 each on Sunday:

Bulletstorm
Burnout Paradise
Mercenaries 2
Mirror's Edge
The Saboteur[/QUOTE]
Damn, makes me wish I didn't grab it for $12.49 last time. >.> Oh well...

[quote name='Idiotekque']Please, please, pleeease try to work out a better price on the old COD titles this time! MW2 has been $5 before, yet it hasn't hit that price again in ages... I'd totally bite on Blops for $10 too, but it's always $20 it seems.

You can do it, Tony!

Damn, makes me wish I didn't grab it for $12.49 last time. >.> Oh well...[/QUOTE]

I'm missing COD: World at War, COD: Black Ops 1, and COD: MW3.
Would love to see these hit $5-10 each..or less. :p

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']BOOM! Goes the CAG Dynamite!

Thanks guys :). Having our deals spread quickly like this is what allows me to get better deals, for realz.

As a reminder, both of these will be $9.99 each on Sunday:

Bulletstorm
Burnout Paradise
Mercenaries 2
Mirror's Edge
The Saboteur

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Digital Collection Contains:

Battlefield Bad Company 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

You have been pimped out.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Gotta love SD - major flame war over the legitimacy of "grey market" keys has started on the FP deal of Sleeping Dogs.[/QUOTE]

When it comes to games, the idea of what is a good deal is tougher here. Things that are considered good prices on SD aren't so great here. (This I've learned in my short time on CAG.) So when a low price is passed up by CAGs, you'd think SDers would listen.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I'm looking for an Origin key for Mirror's Edge if anyone is planning to buy and already has it. Will split it evenly at $2 :)[/QUOTE]

If you don't have a participant I'll do this...

Anyone who has gotten the SBRFS bundle in the past care to comment on the quality of the games, maybe on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being just the last 5 minutes of mass effect 3 original ending and a 10 being the first time you played through KOTOR or Halo?

[quote name='nategator']Anyone who has gotten the SBRFS bundle in the past care to comment on the quality of the games, maybe on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being just the last 5 minutes of mass effect 3 original ending and a 10 being the first time you played through KOTOR or Halo?[/QUOTE]

What he said. The Saboteur sounds like a really cool concept and I'd love hearing if it is worth grabbing. Mercenaries 2, as well.

[quote name='gilby']What he said. The Saboteur sounds like a really cool concept and I'd love hearing if it is worth grabbing. Mercenaries 2, as well.[/QUOTE]

I have it on ps3 and loved it. It was one of the games that I 100%d and got the platinum trophy on. It does have some really bad bugs here and there (ps3 Not sure about pc) but the gameplay and story were really fun. I totally got into the freedom fighter story, very enjoyable from start to finish.

If you are remotely interested in the game and anything else in the bundle, just buy it. I'll probably grab the bundle for the other games, maybe play it again on PC. It's been a few years.

BTW, I'm talking about the sabetour

I also have mirrors edge. A great first person with shooting game. Short bit worth the playthrough. And you can replay levels to get faster times. Probably similar to inmomentum

[quote name='gilby']What he said. The Saboteur sounds like a really cool concept and I'd love hearing if it is worth grabbing. Mercenaries 2, as well.[/QUOTE]

I played both of those on 360 along with Burnout and Bulletstorm. I also have Burnout on Steam. I will comment on what I know...

Burnout Paradise - No longer supported for multiplayer by EA, so (as far as I know) there is no way to play online, but it does have local multiplayer (I think from looking at the menus). It is a great racing game though if you like arcade racing. Highly recommended. If you liked other Burnout games, you'll love this one.

Bulletstorm - Meh. More fun in coop, but like most FPS campaigns it gets very repetitive, but at this price I would recommend it.

Mercenaries 2 - I absolutely loved this game in coop on 360. Some hilarious cutscenes, and a decent story. It got me at least 60 hours of gameplay. I highly recommend it.

The Sabotuer - I never got around to finishing it, but it is pretty much Mafia 2 with an Irish accent (which gets pretty annoying and it's laughable how poorly done it is). It isn't a bad time gameplay wise though, and sabotaging things is pretty fun. It would probably be worth a play through, but I can't recommend it since I only played about 5-10 hours of it.

Mirror's Edge - I haven't played more than the demo, but I have been looking to pick it up for PC on the cheap. From what I understand, it is worth the money and it is a great time to play.

As far as the pack's value, if I hadn't already played all of them (3 of them to death) I would definitely pick it up for $10. Well worth it IMO. Lots of game time in this pack. Hopefully this helps some of you on the edge. ;)

[quote name='thegreatest']I played both of those on 360 along with Burnout and Bulletstorm. I also have Burnout on Steam. I will comment on what I know...

Burnout Paradise - No longer supported for multiplayer by EA, so (as far as I know) there is no way to play online, but it does have local multiplayer (I think from looking at the menus). It is a great racing game though if you like arcade racing. Highly recommended. If you liked other Burnout games, you'll love this one.

Bulletstorm - Meh. More fun in coop, but like most FPS campaigns it gets very repetitive, but at this price I would recommend it.

Mercenaries 2 - I absolutely loved this game in coop on 360. Some hilarious cutscenes, and a decent story. It got me at least 60 hours of gameplay. I highly recommend it.

The Sabotuer - I never got around to finishing it, but it is pretty much Mafia 2 with an Irish accent (which gets pretty annoying and it's laughable how poorly done it is). It isn't a bad time gameplay wise though, and sabotaging things is pretty fun. It would probably be worth a play through, but I can't recommend it since I only played about 5-10 hours of it.

Mirror's Edge - I haven't played more than the demo, but I have been looking to pick it up for PC on the cheap. From what I understand, it is worth the money and it is a great time to play.

As far as the pack's value, if I hadn't already played all of them (3 of them to death) I would definitely pick it up for $10. Well worth it IMO. Lots of game time in this pack. Hopefully this helps some of you on the edge. ;)[/QUOTE]

If this forum had rep, I would give it to you. You are "thegreatest" !

[quote name='thegreatest']I played both of those on 360 along with Burnout and Bulletstorm. I also have Burnout on Steam. I will comment on what I know...

As far as the pack's value, if I hadn't already played all of them (3 of them to death) I would definitely pick it up for $10. Well worth it IMO. Lots of game time in this pack. Hopefully this helps some of you on the edge. ;)[/QUOTE]

Adding this to the OP on Sunday when it goes live. You should copy/paste this as a review on the page for the game :).

Cheers,
Tony

Why is Sleeping Dogs going so low? It's only a month and a half old. I've heard good things about it but why is it constantly on sale and games like Lollipop Chainsaw hardly go below $40-45?

Because Square Eidos aggressively prices their products (at least on the Eidos end of things). Deus Ex Human Revolution was one of Square's biggest recent hits and also had similar aggressive pricing promotions.

[quote name='Why_So_Serious']Why is Sleeping Dogs going so low? It's only a month and a half old. I've heard good things about it but why is it constantly on sale and games like Lollipop Chainsaw hardly go below $40-45?[/QUOTE]

I would say it's because of publishers. Square-Enix [Sleeping Dogs] is usually pretty sale friendly [Deus Ex HR for example], and the awesome Amazon Presents Square-Enix Pack

I would say
- Burnout Paradise is great, but the game *can* have issues with Win7
- Bulletstorm is great if you love Duke Nukem 3D, but don't expect to find fun multiplayer.
- Mercenaries 2's enjoyability depends strongly on your ability to stomach the AI and controls; you should definitely play it coop, and that may only be possible with third party tools that probably can't be named here (since I believe EA shut down the servers for it)
- The Saboteur is allegedly a very solid single-player game
- Mirror's Edge is very good, but you might find it lacking replayability/depth, much like Assassin's Creed, as you mainly do one thing, namely run and jump and climb

[quote name='MC Kage']I'm guessing these are all Origin based... shit gives me nightmares. I want all these games but Origin is horrible. Would love to have on Steam tho esp. Mirror's Edge, that sells it to me for sure.

Also, what's the word on NBA 2K13/Steam-DRM?[/QUOTE]

Unless the bundle is new versions I'm pretty certain you don't need Origin for any of them.

[quote name='MC Kage']I'm guessing these are all Origin based... shit gives me nightmares. I want all these games but Origin is horrible. Would love to have on Steam tho esp. Mirror's Edge, that sells it to me for sure.

Bulletstorm
Burnout Paradise
Mercenaries 2
Mirror's Edge
The Saboteur

I also would like to know this,are these all origin keys Tony?

Why would you guess it's all Origin? The only Origin only stuff other places sell are the very new games. Everything else tends to have the OPTION to activate on Origin, but is not required.

Rule of thumb: If it came out before Origin was even a thing, then you don't need Origin for it.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hee hee thanks Seraphym! How have you been btw?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I've managed to enjoy about 35 hours of BL2, so I am very well. Thank you for asking :D.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']They are sprinting.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hi Tony, sorry to keep asking you about Wargame: European Escalation was the sale price for it supposed to go live yesterday or today? or is it slated for Sunday as well like the other deals?

[quote name='Corpekata']Why would you guess it's all Origin? The only Origin only stuff other places sell are the very new games. Everything else tends to have the OPTION to activate on Origin, but is not required.

Rule of thumb: If it came out before Origin was even a thing, then you don't need Origin for it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, these games can be registered on Origin except for Bulletstorm I believe (not too sure about Mercenaries either). I've heard some people say they've had to chat with Origin support to get Saboteur to work as well. But all of them are playable by DLing the install files from Amazon and installing outside of Origin just using the serial provided.

I would just like that add that I loved, loved, LOVED Bulletstorm!!

Yes it was juvenile, bloody and completely over the top, but MAN was it fun!

NBA 2K13 is Steam.

[quote name='TheHeretic']Hi Tony, sorry to keep asking you about Wargame: European Escalation was the sale price for it supposed to go live yesterday or today? or is it slated for Sunday as well like the other deals?[/QUOTE]

Negative, my pricing system says the match is in place (obviously it is lying). I'll check again.

[quote name='Zipomatic2']I would just like that add that I loved, loved, LOVED Bulletstorm!!

Yes it was juvenile, bloody and completely over the top, but MAN was it fun![/QUOTE]

Same here

Played it twice and totally loved it

The version Amazon sells is not Origin redeemable but with a little chat with Origin support, they will register it for you and if you're lucky enough they can even give you another key for the Limited Edition

Saboteur from Amazon does register on Origin though, I did it myself

As for Sleeping Dogs new price, hell, even at full $49.99, it is worth every penny. The game is one of the best games that were released recently. Period

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Adding this to the OP on Sunday when it goes live. You should copy/paste this as a review on the page for the game :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Wow, I'm famous!

Glad I could help people out. It is a fantastic bundle IMO.

EDIT: The review at Amazon is under review. ;)

Regarding Burnout Paradise, I was able to login and play online. (Freeburn online). When it asks you to enter your login, you need to enter your EA account name (Which may be different from your email) It's the name on the top right in the Origin client. You can also join matches against other online people.

So it looks like you can still play Burnout on-line.

Also, to get to the on-line menu, you hit [ESC] and then F1 or F2 function key to get to the menu.
Hope that helps anyone.

[quote name='InsertUserNameHere']Regarding Burnout Paradise, I was able to login and play online. (Freeburn online). When it asks you to enter your login, you need to enter your EA account name (Which may be different from your email) It's the name on the top right in the Origin client. You can also join matches against other online people.

So it looks like you can still play Burnout on-line.

Also, to get to the on-line menu, you hit [ESC] and then F1 or F2 function key to get to the menu.
Hope that helps anyone.[/QUOTE]

All I know is that I have it on Steam and every time I sign in it says "Can't connect to Paradise servers". I also thought I read somewhere that EA took down the servers. I know I am typing in my EA username and password because it won't let you play at all if you don't.

EDIT: After doing more research, I guess it is just a problem with the Steam keys given out in the Summer Sale. I'm pretty pissed right now, and I'm not sure I can fix it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back