Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='M_F_A_H']I bought the Pint Sized bundle though. Sorry, brain flatulence.[/QUOTE]
No biggie. Guess I will wait and see if it is the non-Steam key issue then. Good thing I have Warlock to keep me busy while I wait!

Tony any chance for a Sale/Price Match on Call of Duty Black Ops 2? Tigerdirect has it for $39, but for a physical copy with rebate.

Any one have the list/link for Amazons editors choice game picks for January? I went a few threads back and could not find it.

[quote name='mephistox3120']That's what I suspected, thanks. Time to contact Tony![/QUOTE]

A few pages back Tony said they had run out of Steam keys for two Paradox games and would get that sorted out as soon as they get new ones. Could be that Majesty Gold HD was one em, but couldn't find the post again when doing a quick search.

[quote name='Pheace']The $5 coupons are losing their charm after seeing the editor's choice list, hope it improves :)[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you aren't happy so far, those are the biggest games of 2012 and they will be discounted throughout January if this goes anything like last year. You should be able to get a lot of them for under $10 w/ coupon.

[quote name='try2catchmike']Not sure why you aren't happy so far, those are the biggest games of 2012 and they will be discounted throughout January if this goes anything like last year. You should be able to get a lot of them for under $10 w/ coupon.[/QUOTE]

Partly because there's not that many games in there that interest me at all. Secondly because I expect I might get at least half of them for the resulting price on the Xmas sales already. Look at Dark Souls, $26.79 -$5 doesn't even beat the promo they just had for $15

[quote name='try2catchmike']Not sure why you aren't happy so far, those are the biggest games of 2012 and they will be discounted throughout January if this goes anything like last year. You should be able to get a lot of them for under $10 w/ coupon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Pheace']Partly because there's not that many games in there that interest me at all. Secondly because I expect I might get at least half of them for the resulting price on the Xmas sales already.[/QUOTE]

It's worth noting that the "Best of List" is most likely incomplete.

Many of us CAGers who were part of the "$5 Coupon Deal" last year remember, the list was compiled over the November and December months, and was not complete until right before New Years.

Instead of jumping the gun venting your disappointment, just want until January [it's still 5 weeks away]. Tony has a way of shocking us.

Well, it's true that if you've been jumping at everything left and right that you won't find some of the stuff that's repeatedly on sale as the best use of your coupon, you already have it.

But I'm pretty sure that there's a certain group of games that are being held back with that sale in mind. Some just make far too much sense to be in that sale as they aren't otherwise in any really.

[quote name='Pheace']Partly because there's not that many games in there that interest me at all. Secondly because I expect I might get at least half of them for the resulting price on the Xmas sales already. Look at Dark Souls, $26.79 -$5 doesn't even beat the promo they just had for $15[/QUOTE]

Also of note, Amazon usually price matches Steam's deals, and the first few days of the coupon overlap with thee end of Steam's winter sale. That's where you'll find the best discount.

[quote name='Genocidal']Also of note, Amazon usually price matches Steam's deals, and the first few days of the coupon overlap with thee end of Steam's winter sale. That's where you'll find the best discount.[/QUOTE] That might be more interesting yeah. Although I think I remember Tony mentioning that some of the extreme deals that happened back then were not all the intended result in the end, so it remains to be seen if this year it'll be the same.
Also, if that constituted 'venting disappointment' you must see venting everywhere. (@person who wrote it)

[quote name='Pheace']Partly because there's not that many games in there that interest me at all. Secondly because I expect I might get at least half of them for the resulting price on the Xmas sales already. Look at Dark Souls, $26.79 -$5 doesn't even beat the promo they just had for $15[/QUOTE]

The idea is that the big bargains are had when Amazon price matches Steam then you take a further $5 off of that. That's how it worked last year.

[quote name='hal']I didn't mean to ignite a debate about which storefront is better. I just find it difficult, personally, to use Amazon's Digital VD sale pages. Someone mentioned it's like upending a toybox and that's precisely it. It's super-hard to know when something new goes on sale and the dates are all over the place - witness the half dozen people every few pages that are upset they missed a sale item.

I'm not trying to pile on. My first post was just to try to give some feedback on the site. I've said enough, I think.

[/QUOTE]
Tony's been pretty receptive about feedback on the storefront and the game download page - (didn't he add the DRM snippets mostly from our feedback?) - but I get the sense it takes lots of time for the appropriate wheels to turn in amazon. The digital downloads section just feels like a service that's grown way faster than amazon anticipated - it was OK last year when you could browse through the entire listing but now with all the bundles and the steam/non-steam variations, it's getting too much.

what I've wanted for a while is a list that shows all the recently added games to the service - not just recently published but added; there's tons of older games they are adding which mostly go unnoticed.

[quote name='inm8num2']Deus Ex: HR base game, augmented edition, and Missing Link DLC have been PM'ed, but not the Tactical Enhancement or Explosive Mission packs.

Pretty please, Tony!?!?[/QUOTE]

and the original GOTY is also up on amazon with a nice discount. http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Game-...d=1353797603&sr=8-3&keywords=deus+ex+download

didn't see this on the original post but for anyone looking for the hitman series, the triple pack is now on sale (STEAM keys): http://www.amazon.com/Hitman-Triple-Threat-Pack-Download/dp/B00822WVE6/ref=pd_sim_vg_2

[quote name='Mooby']The idea is that the big bargains are had when Amazon price matches Steam then you take a further $5 off of that. That's how it worked last year.[/QUOTE]

Not entirely. Amazon had it's own mini sale using the featured games from the list. Remember the EA games for $7 before the coupon was applied?

Here's a list of games I bought using the coupon without any STEAM price matches:
BulletStorm: $2 [$7 before coupon]
Battlefield:BC2: $2 [$7 b4 coupon]
Rome: Total War: FREE [$2.50 before coupon]
GTA:IV: FREE [$5 before coupon]
Assassin's Creed 1: FREE [$5 b4 coupon]
Duke Nukem Forever: $1 [$6 before coupon]
I'm pretty sure they also had BF3 and MW3 at $30 before coupon which brought them down to $25 each. [I didn't buy em]

Then there were the STEAM price matches:
Shogun 2: $2.50 [pmed at $7.50 b4 coupon].
Medal of Honor: FREE [pmed at $5 b4 coupon].

We can't really critique the January Coupon Sale until it begins.

[quote name='BernardoOne']Any thoughts about Sonic Episode 4?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RollingSkull']I thought Sonic Episode 4 part 1 was dreadful[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kaydigi']Part 2 was great.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Part 1 was a little odd with the way Sonic moved. You could tell it was a different team. Some of the levels were a little irritating. Having said that, it's still a decent platformer (if not the greatest ever Sonic game) and worth a look. Part 2 (as is mentioned above) seems to have been received much more favorably (plus together with 1 unlocks Metal Sonic).

I snapped up a copy of 2 to go with my 1. I'm happy.

[quote name='tham1988']i keep reading mention of a $5 coupon and January. what is the deal?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much most every Amazon Digital Download game title you buy comes with a $5 coupon you can use (one per game) in January on select titles:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?tag=cheapassgam08-20&docId=1000728511

(Note that more titles can be added between now and then and the current prices aren't necessarily the price they will be in January.)

[quote name='jgiovanni']@Tony,

Any chance in matching Hotline for $5?[/QUOTE]

Probably not, he said Amazon wasn't going to match flash sales.

[quote name='Mooby']Pretty much most every Amazon Digital Download game title you buy comes with a $5 coupon you can use (one per game) in January on select titles:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?tag=cheapassgam08-20&docId=1000728511

(Note that more titles can be added between now and then and the current prices aren't necessarily the price they will be in January.)[/QUOTE]

Exactly, the 5 dollar coupons from last year is how I got Duke Nukem for 50 cents. Whether or not it was worth 50 cents is another question.

I paid $1 for it... I guess I could say I played Duke Nukem Forever!

@Tony,

Did you all use to carry a Steam version of Alpha Protocol (I believe it is Sega published)? Would like to see that one of these days (okay, December) if possible. Package it with Hell Yeah and Viking and you got a sale from me!

You guys who were bitching about navigating the Amazon game downloads website need to learn how to use its features better.

For example here is a list of all of the Square Enix digital download games sorted by price low to high. You can further filter the list by getting just items on sale by ticking the "10% or more discount" box.

While the Amazon website is far from perfect, it is a lot more flexible than you think once you learn how to use it properly.

Tow Truck Simulator - Mini Review:

Wow! I mean the reviews on Amazon hinted this was a pretty bad experience, but hands on just confirmed it!

I think I am an hour in and yet to tow a car :(

You get a "Game Over" prompt every few minutes because if you touch any other car with your truck the game instantly ends! These Europeans also use some sort of hook system to lift cars from the roof onto the tow truck. Had this game had any type of crash physics system I'm pretty sure it would have shown a totaled car as I constantly slammed the hook plate on the top trying to get it to stick :)

And what exactly makes you think the game won't be for $15 on January? It's all a matter of choosing what you want to buy right now and what you think you can get later. I didn't jumped on the Dark Souls deal for example, $15 was a great price for it but i now i won't play it right now, same thing with the Walking Dead. I will wait to see what the January sale brings, i now Amazon won't dissapoint.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Tow Truck Simulator - Mini Review:

Wow! I mean the reviews on Amazon hinted this was a pretty bad experience, but hands on just confirmed it!

I think I am an hour in and yet to tow a car :(

You get a "Game Over" prompt every few minutes because if you touch any other car with your truck the game instantly ends! These Europeans also use some sort of hook system to lift cars from the roof onto the tow truck. Had this game had any type of crash physics system I'm pretty sure it would have shown a totaled car as I constantly slammed the hook plate on the top trying to get it to stick :)[/QUOTE]

When I see all these games I wonder why they are made and how they can be successful at all. It seems like there are a million of them, simulating all sorts of different everyday routine, or not so routine activities. But the fact that there are so many make me believe they must be successful in some manner, otherwise they wouldnt exist right?

[quote name='cutter2']You guys who were bitching about navigating the Amazon game downloads website need to learn how to use its features better.

For example here is a list of all of the Square Enix digital download games sorted by price low to high. You can further filter the list by getting just items on sale by ticking the "10% or more discount" box.

While the Amazon website is far from perfect, it is a lot more flexible than you think once you learn how to use it properly.[/QUOTE]

CAG Newbie here. ;)

[quote name='Severose']CAG Newbie here. ;)[/QUOTE]
Well if you spent a lot less time at CAG and a lot more time at Amazon, you would know how to use its search feature better. Being a veteran on CAG doesn't make you an authority on how to navigate Amazon or anywhere else.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']When I see all these games I wonder why they are made and how they can be successful at all. It seems like there are a million of them, simulating all sorts of different everyday routine, or not so routine activities. But the fact that there are so many make me believe they must be successful in some manner, otherwise they wouldnt exist right?[/QUOTE]

They can be pretty popular. Stuff like Agricultural Sim, Farming Sim, and some of the Euro Truck games are really popular. I play them for the train wreck aspect. I enjoy seeing just how bad some of these games are and get a kick out of it. For the people who actually want to play sims, I think some enjoy the idea of experiencing something they wouldn't otherwise, no matter how mundane it may seem. I'm sure it appeals to kids too.

The problem, like you said, is that there are million of them and they are for the most part horrible. Driving physics are non-existent, no crash physics, and minimal thought time into the game mechanics. They literally just use the same base game for multiple ones and just mod them a little here and there.

Apparently I was wrong though, the tow truck in question is Japanese and it is hard to operate in real life too:

Do you guys think the Deus Ex: HR DLC will be matched?

We need a button on this forum that, when pressed, activates a chip in Tony's brain and brings him to the forum!

[quote name='inm8num2']Do you guys think the Deus Ex: HR DLC will be matched?

We need a button on this forum that, when pressed, activates a chip in Tony's brain and brings him to the forum![/QUOTE]

Missing Link maybe. The cheaper DLC probably not.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Missing Link maybe. The cheaper DLC probably not.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping for the cheaper DLC as I don't have them.

Really hope Tony can make it happen!

[quote name='jrodri86']And what exactly makes you think the game won't be for $15 on January? It's all a matter of choosing what you want to buy right now and what you think you can get later. I didn't jumped on the Dark Souls deal for example, $15 was a great price for it but i now i won't play it right now, same thing with the Walking Dead. I will wait to see what the January sale brings, i now Amazon won't dissapoint.[/QUOTE]

These are the same 2 games I skipped during this sale :D

Plus, if all fails in January for me, I will use the promo credits to get a bunch of DLCs either for myself or to trade ;)

Some decisions to make. Really want Victoria 2: A House Divided, but I own almost everything in the War Chest.

Aside from Syndicate in a few days, I will probably bite on several other games. Hard to justify a big pack just for the one title.

[quote name='Genocidal']If you're telling people they need to learn how to use a storefront so they can buy things, there's clearly something wrong.[/QUOTE]
The complaints earlier in the thread were about searching and navigating the Amazon website not the purchase and checkout process. Could Amazon's search and layout be better? Sure, but it is the same search and layout as the rest of the Amazon website. So, those familiar with shopping at Amazon for items other than PC game downloads should already know how to navigate the site to find PC game downloads too.

Since I search Amazon all of the time for just about everything I buy aside from groceries I didn't realize how some of you didn't know how to use its search effectively to find only PC game downloads especially those on sale or from specifically publishers.

The only major thing I don't like about Amazon's game downloads are how casual and hard core titles are separated when some of the games in casual don't belong in that category.

[quote name='cutter2']The complaints earlier in the thread were about searching and navigating the Amazon website not the purchase and checkout process. Could Amazon's search and layout be better? Sure, but it is the same search and layout as the rest of the Amazon website. So, those familiar with shopping at Amazon for items other than PC game downloads should already know how to navigate the site to find PC game downloads too.[/QUOTE]
Being able to find the product you want is a big part of making a purchase.

[quote name='Progamer665']So if I buy Sonic CD for $1.25, I will get a $5 voucher in January?[/QUOTE]
Correct!

[quote name='Genocidal']Being able to find the product you want is a big part of making a purchase.[/QUOTE]
That is why I posted the example search link to show people how it is done. Finding a game download at Amazon is easy once you know which options to select in search to filter your results. It's no different than shopping for anything else at Amazon.

Before I started buying games on Amazon, most of my purchases there were for books, movies, and music, and I usually knew what I was looking for ahead of time—ISBNs and exact titles make it easy to get to the right page.

But for me game purchasing is different in that I want to browse through what's on sale, what's bundled, and/or has promotions attached. Not so easy, or at least intuitive, on Amazon's pages. As's been said, not perfect on Steam either (when will Valve stop randomizing the front page deals so when you hit Back, the order's remixed?), but less headache. Also, I prefer dropdowns to checkboxes.

edit: being able to filter for DLC would also be very helpful, especially since publishers are trending towards more of it.

[quote name='cutter2']I think it will be back on Monday. I assume the $5 off coupon from Need for Speed Run will still work as well for a final price of $15.[/QUOTE]

CAGer to the rescue. Sweet. I'll have to grab it then. Not sure if I have that credit, I'll have to check where I bought the Run, twas a while ago.

Tony: this is a little off topic because its not PCDD, but is there a future where I can get these awesome like deals on PSN and XBOXLive stuff too? I have a PS3 but titles on the PSN rarely go on sale (specially not these kind of fire sales that we always get for PC/not sure how the 360 works). I would definitely be throwing more money your way if this was true. Though I assume its a different beast because PSN and 360 codes probably don't come from the developers/publishers but rather from Sony/Microsoft

Also +1 on the please gets some hamsters to think about making the game library accommodate your dedicated followers who have 30+ titles.

[quote name='Daryl']Some decisions to make. Really want Victoria 2: A House Divided, but I own almost everything in the War Chest.

Aside from Syndicate in a few days, I will probably bite on several other games. Hard to justify a big pack just for the one title.[/QUOTE]

There is someone selling it for $1 here.

It's also a problem when you can't figure out what if any DRM a game has. This isn't a concern for books or groceries.

Sometimes the pages list it but sometimes they don't. Judging how many times these sorts of questions get asked over and over and over again on this thread I would say that Amazon really isn't doing a good job of getting that information out there. I mean half this thread is people asking if games redeem on Steam.

Some of it is people not paying attention but then again if that many people are not seeing that information then it either isn't being given or it isn't being made obvious and noticeable enough.

As for discoverablity, Steam gets overwhelming too on their really big sales and stuff there can also get lost in the shuffle, but there you can always do a quick browse of your wishlist at least to see what that is on it is on sale and for how much.

I think it's a bit problematic that Amazon doesn't really allow for good wishlisting of their digital games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back