Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']it just got better...it will be $7.49 instead of $9.99

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
No, no, no! That's worse than $10! :whistle2:(
I bought Homefront for $5 recently and haven't played it yet.

I almost pulled the trigger on TSW three times in the past hour... and I still might before tomorrow, but a large part of my brain is saying "The winter sales haven't started yet!"
I wish there was some guarantee that the game won't be $7.50 next week :(

[quote name='glennfrank']I almost pulled the trigger on TSW three times in the past hour... and I still might before tomorrow, but a large part of my brain is saying "The winter sales haven't started yet!"
I wish there was some guarantee that the game won't be $7.50 next week :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm giving Gamersgate at least two more dailies to hopefully match or beat the price. And in my delusional mind GMG might re-run their insane deal too :(

It doesn't even look like GMG has any Keys for TSW.. I just clicked through to look and there is no "buy now" on the actual store page lol... so that probably won't happen.

[quote name='glennfrank']I almost pulled the trigger on TSW three times in the past hour... and I still might before tomorrow, but a large part of my brain is saying "The winter sales haven't started yet!"
I wish there was some guarantee that the game won't be $7.50 next week :([/QUOTE]

TSW was like recently $5.25 on GMG before the game went "no more subs."

I know! I am kicking myself in the ass for not getting it then!
My GF and I are currently playing Star Wars The Old Republic (she likes it a lot. I like as well it but think the SW setting, companions, story quests and voice acting are the only thing that separates it from any other WoW clone).
I am a bit more interested in TSW - I played through a 5 day trial a few months back and enjoyed my time immensely.

[quote name='glennfrank']It doesn't even look like GMG has any Keys for TSW.. I just clicked through to look and there is no "buy now" on the actual store page lol... so that probably won't happen.[/QUOTE]

They remove the "buy now" (or grey color) when they run out of key but at soon they get more the button is back.

Whee! I'm in the same boat. I kinda tempted to pickup TSW, but I'm at least waiting till the last day of this sale. Knowing that I passed it up (really passed up it's subscription) for ~$5 on GMG and $10 on the M$ store makes it harder for me to bite at $15. I also have hard time believing it won't it 50% again before the end of the year. (Though the switch to a GW model casts a bit of doubt.)

I was actually pretty temped by ~$5 TSW on GMG thinking of just playing for a month, but I hate imposed time pressures.

Requires Skyrim performance? I need to look into that. Good authority (many testbenching sites) puts my GTX 260 at just able to pull 30 FPS in Skyirm (at medium/good settings). No, I don't own Skybling yet. I had decided to wait till Skybling is damn cheap (or I get a new graphics card).

[quote name='sunasun']Just received this from Maximum PC, WinXDVD Pro is free.
http://www.winxdvd.com/giveaway/
expires the 28th of November.[/QUOTE]

Just figured I'd point it out here, but anyone who got this free you need to like renew or re-register before the end of the year since they did an upgrade. Pretty painless and program works really well IMO.

Quote: Originally Posted by Idiotekque
Installing it now myself. Would be nice to get some fellow CAGs together to play.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'm not playing with you.

Cheers,
Tony

just kidding[/QUOTE]

THAT was fuck funny!

Hmm, I just rewatched the TSW trailer. "Anything is possible. Everything is true." Maybe my mind is corrupted by ~120 hours of Assassin's Creed but this just comes across as a "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted." ripoff.

[quote name='asheskitty']Hmm, I just rewatched the TSW trailer. "Anything is possible. Everything is true." Maybe my mind is corrupted by ~120 hours of Assassin's Creed but this just comes across as a "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted." ripoff.[/QUOTE]

So far, my Dragon run has been odd. But I have to say. The story, while of course confusing, is really drawing me in. I'm liking the people I meet which is a lot more then I can say for most games. They're also very memorable which...well I can't remember more then 3 dudes from GW2...and I sank over 50 hours into that game already.

[quote name='asheskitty']Hmm, I just rewatched the TSW trailer. "Anything is possible. Everything is true." Maybe my mind is corrupted by ~120 hours of Assassin's Creed but this just comes across as a "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted." ripoff.[/QUOTE]

That's not a rip off of AC. That's a reference to real historical drug-addled mysticism. If TSW is "ripping off" anyone, it's Hassan-i Sabbah.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Alright guys I've fired up TSW. My character name is CheersTony and playing an Illuminati.

The opening scene is amazing.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Opening stuff (Tutorial) was quite good - i.e. w/ how you get into your Secret Society.
It's once you hit Kingsmouth that it begins to feel like...Dead Island (zombie-infested area), but w/ MUCH poorer combat.

EDIT:
I picked an Illuminati when I was in the TSW Beta, BTW...

[quote name='glennfrank']I liked Kingsmouth! lol To each it's own I guess :)[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. I'm only about 30min into the area but it feels great so far. I suppose I'm more into the story then the fighting perhaps.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Nope.[/QUOTE]

Why not? It came out in February and was well-reviewed from what I remember.

It's not a big deal, I was just curious.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Ok guys. I'm installing the secret world tonight. I'll be playing Sunday ( I have a charity thing on Saturday).

I'll post my in game name if anyone wants to play with me.

Question to anyone who has played. I play on a 60inch plasma, will I be able to make the fonts bigger so I can read quests and chat?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I've always been wary of playing PC games like TSW on my 60" plasma because of burn-in. Do you do a lot of gaming where there is a lot of static text/bars on the screen? Notice any problems with that? I know burn-in's a lot, lot better than it used to be, but I always wondered if I mightn't be pushing the tech on the TV just a LITTLE too hard in doing that.

However, if you're having no problems, I might try it myself. Btw, mine's a Samsung.

[quote name='inm8num2']Why not? It came out in February and was well-reviewed from what I remember.

It's not a big deal, I was just curious.[/QUOTE]

Yup. ;)

[quote name='inm8num2']Why not? It came out in February and was well-reviewed from what I remember.

It's not a big deal, I was just curious.[/QUOTE]

1) You should have specified that you meant Alan Wake's American Nightmare. When you say Alan Wake, I think you mean the base game.

2) I still doubt it, as the games that get the coupons are Amazon's best selling games of the year, not their best reviewed. Alan Wake's American Nightmare neither sold or reviewed all that well. It just doesn't strike me as being high profile enough to show up.

3) I'm a stranger on the internet that doesn't have a clue. Nothing I say has any validity. That's why I answered with a single word in the first place. I should have left it at that, but I got really thrown off when I realized you were talking about American Nightmare and not the main game.

RE: Alan Wake American Nightmare, I say why not? It meets the primary (but not binding) criteria of having it's main sales run in 2012. Based on last year, I don't feel there is any hard numerical criteria. Remember the main deciding factor is which publishers want to play ball.

[quote name='Eldredpe']1) You should have specified that you meant Alan Wake's American Nightmare. When you say Alan Wake, I think you mean the base game.

2) I still doubt it, as the games that get the coupons are Amazon's best selling games of the year, not their best reviewed. Alan Wake's American Nightmare neither sold or reviewed all that well. It just doesn't strike me as being high profile enough to show up.[/quote]

I was talking about the main game. It came out on PC in February. Plus the sale is advertised as "Editor's Choice" with games "hand-picked" by the staff. So I think your rationale here is inapplicable.

3) I'm a stranger on the internet that doesn't have a clue. Nothing I say has any validity. That's why I answered with a single word in the first place. I should have left it at that, but I got really thrown off when I realized you were talking about American Nightmare and not the main game.

Uh, you did leave it at a single word in the first place ("Nope."), and you didn't provide any reasoning for your dismissal of the idea. ;)

[quote name='inm8num2']I was talking about the main game. It came out on PC in February. Plus the sale is advertised as "Editor's Choice" with games "hand-picked" by the staff. So I think your rationale here is inapplicable.
[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry.

I'm just going to go to bed now.

[quote name='Lord Xoan']Tony I asked you about Cod: Blops 1, there's any chance to see it below $9.99 or at least $9.99?

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Amazon wanted to run it at that price a couple weeks ago, but Activision said no at the last minute and jacked the price back up to $20.

If there's "any chance" of CODBLOPS at $10, it will require a significant change of heart from Kotick and Kompany. I think we'll see a Diablo III offline mode first. ;)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Ok guys. I'm installing the secret world tonight. I'll be playing Sunday ( I have a charity thing on Saturday).

I'll post my in game name if anyone wants to play with me.

Question to anyone who has played. I play on a 60inch plasma, will I be able to make the fonts bigger so I can read quests and chat?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I play on a 40 inch LCD, so I had the same issue. There are sliders that will increase text size for many gameplay-essential things like quests and tooltips. I know chat is a box you can resize as well and I believe text is included if you do that. Unfortunately things like the tip when you mouse over your xp bar at the bottom and text in the skill wheel seem to be fixed to be extremely tiny. I have taken up squinting and leaning forward to read them. If anyone knows a way to resize those please let me know, as it is rather annoying. At least you generally don't need to see those while being attacked or something. Also some of the interactive items in the world that you need to read can be a little small; there are captons below most but not all of them.

Also if anyone wants to play I'm slowly making my way through Kingsmouth and my nickname is Jadiee. It would be nice to have someone else to play with who is also new to the puzzles; I played a bit with a high level friend and although he tries he can't help but give too many hints for the harder puzzles. Those are my favorite part, so I definitely like to try to do them the right way with minimal help, at least to a reasonable point.

Just bought TSW and the key doesn't work on the funcom site. Wanted to leave it downloading overnight and now I probably won't have time to play on saturday. Totally lame.

Is there a way for me to get a refund? Don't appreciate having to waste my time like this.

I may have to try TSW... is it no-fee NOW or is it going to become no-fee soon (sorry, have a busy morning and skipped the search feature)?

Any word on Immortal Throne (digital) going on sale too for all of us that got the Humble Bundle?

[quote name='glennfrank']I liked Kingsmouth! lol To each it's own I guess :)[/QUOTE]

Back when I was in the TSW Beta, it probably did NOT help that I recently played Dead Island + its DLC's and loved that game...

[quote name='Mac the Geek']Amazon wanted to run it at that price a couple weeks ago, but Activision said no at the last minute and jacked the price back up to $20.

If there's "any chance" of CODBLOPS at $10, it will require a significant change of heart from Kotick and Kompany. I think we'll see a Diablo III offline mode first. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see Diablo III offline mode. That game is so SP-friendly, it ain't funny - i.e. the new Lore mechanics and AI followers/NPC's constantly bantering.
The only thing NOT SP-friendly about D3...is its God-awful "always online" DRM.

I'd like to see COD:BO1 get cheaper, as well. That'd be nice...

[quote name='Mac the Geek']Amazon wanted to run it at that price a couple weeks ago, but Activision said no at the last minute and jacked the price back up to $20.

If there's "any chance" of CODBLOPS at $10, it will require a significant change of heart from Kotick and Kompany. I think we'll see a Diablo III offline mode first. ;)[/QUOTE]

You broke my heart... :cry:

Yup Tony said that they were going to have a CODMW2 and Blops bundle, but as you said, Activision killed that... but well I hope that they change their minds.... and hearts! ;)

Hello, Im not a MMO player and i have only tried SWOR MMO for a month when they were still charging monthly fees and I got so tired of it by lvl 15. I love horror themes and games and I've heard really good things about this game when it comes to horror and mystery. So my question is, is this a good game for horror/thriller/ non-mmo players? Or would MMO mechanics damage the overall experience?

[quote name='tareqj']Hello, Im not a MMO player and i have only tried SWOR MMO for a month when they were still charging monthly fees and I got so tired of it by lvl 15. I love horror themes and games and I've heard really good things about this game when it comes to horror and mystery. So my question is, is this a good game for horror/thriller/ non-mmo players? Or would MMO mechanics damage the overall experience?[/QUOTE]

Probably helps to mention - I was not too fond of that clunky and floaty combat in both WoW and TSW Beta (back when I was in the TSW Beta). If you don't like that kind of combat - TSW probably won't be for you.
If you like it - you'll probably like it, I'd guess.

I actually thought the tutorial was great for TSW, where they try to get you to find you way and then induct you into your Secret Society and all of that stuff; and teach you the gameplay. This seemed like an excellent balance of different kind of stuff - some action here; more story there; more information to learn there; etc etc.

When I was in TSW Beta, I really dug the hell out of the story; characters; dialogue; and voice-acting. I'd expect nothing less from FunCom, since Ragnar Tornquist was still w/ them at that time (developer of both The Longest Journey and Dreamfall; who has currently gone Indie and working on Dreamfall Chapters). Also makes me wish that Ragnar, in a sense, eventually did do a TSW Offline (which he did admit in a GameSpot TwitchTV chat as something he thought about doing - but, of course won't/can't do now). B/c of this kind of major focus on story, characters, dialogue, voice-acting, and actual prose/writing - I really wish TSW had an optional offline mode (like say Diablo 2, Hellgate: London, and Torchlight 2 have). I'd hate to see TSW shut-down - and there's no offline mode to enjoy that kind of stuff that usually panders more towards the SP-gamer.

I played for around 10 hours in TSW Beta - and once I hit Kingsmouth, I was not thrilled w/ the zombie infested area - especially since I recently played through Dead Island and its DLC's, so that did NOT help matters, either. TSW Beta, especially since its combat wasn't great - just had too many Kill X enemies; Kill X enemies in X fashion (i.e. set them on fire, kill them w/ grenades, etc); find a bunch of X locations; find a few X characters - i.e. the typical type of ARPG/MMO quests to suit me.
I did like one of the more interesting quests....
in which it felt like right out of an action-adventure game - moving stealthy, smartly and timing your way around sensors, laser-beams, & cameras; or you died and the entire area blew-up.

Maybe someone else can speak of the "Investigation Quests" the game has - but I heard those are good, when they actually hit; and maybe someone else can speak on how frequent these hit and if there are more quest variety later on in the game.

[quote name='60fps']Do you really need it to?[/QUOTE]

Actually, I'd like to know if The Secret World activates on Steam too. Outside of the Blizzard games, I just won't buy non-Steam PC games anymore.

Some of TSW's investigation quests were fun. I did like that the game comes with an in-game internet browser that the game actually encourages you to use. Things like finding a business card with a url on it and going to that url on the actual internet to see a mock corporate web page that lets you find out information to solve an in-game mission were great. There was one in the second area that there was NO way I was going to figure out on my own - it had to do with differing lengths of a few different songs being a code for something that led to King James Bible verses that led to something else. That one I didn't like too much - but the in-game browser took me to a IGN walkthrough and I just used the answer. So, in short, investigation missions are sometimes cool and sometimes ridiculous!

I think I came across 4 investigations in the first 2 areas I played through on that 5 day trial? (I played that game a lot for those 5 days lol)

[quote name='60fps']Do you really need it to?[/QUOTE]
Agreed.
As if TSW really needs anything else forced/attached to it, since it is a "Always online" DRM kind of game (MMO).

For me, I think it's more of an OCD thing where I just like having all my games as part of the Steam library. I know I can manually add outside games to make it show up in the list, but it's not the same. It's kind of the same way as I have all my PS3 games lined up in alphabetical order on one section of my shelves, and my Wii games lined up in alpha order on another section. Would drive me bonkers if they were all mixed up and out of place.

[quote name='trogoldito']Just bought TSW and the key doesn't work on the funcom site. Wanted to leave it downloading overnight and now I probably won't have time to play on saturday. Totally lame.

Is there a way for me to get a refund? Don't appreciate having to waste my time like this.[/QUOTE]

You could also try asking for help, others had some problems with it yesterday and seemed to resolve them (myself included).

[quote name='Kain']For me, I think it's more of an OCD thing where I just like having all my games as part of the Steam library. I know I can manually add outside games to make it show up in the list, but it's not the same. It's kind of the same way as I have all my PS3 games lined up in alphabetical order on one section of my shelves, and my Wii games lined up in alpha order on another section. Would drive me bonkers if they were all mixed up and out of place.[/QUOTE]

When I install Non-Steam games, I tell them WHERE to go (as long as its allowed).
If I don't like where it's forced (if it is forced somewhere by default), I will create a folder shortcut of where it was forced and throw that folder-shortcut where I probably would've installed it to.

I usually install them according to either a few places:
1. Folder named after where I bought them (Retail, Gamersgate, Amazon DVG, Etc);
2. OR if the game actually has a forced Client (Steam, Origin, etc), I install it in a folder named after the game-client its forced to use.
I usually put Steam games in their default location, BTW.

I usually am signed onto Steam (and XFire and Raptor, too) and if it's a Non-Steam game, I'll just add it to my Steam as a Non-Steam game; and add it to my special categorized "Non-Steam List".

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back