Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KryllFood']I'm in the same boat...I already have Darksiders 1 and I'm not too interested in the Darksiders 2 DLC. Still in the process of beating Darksiders 1...[/QUOTE]
I think that there're a bunch of us like this.

[quote name='Patch517']Maybe [Dead Island GOTY will] be 75% off on Steam in the sale starting tonight (!!).[/QUOTE]
I doubt that it'll reach -75%. It has very recently appeared at ~66% off on GMG, and now it's the same discount on Amazon. They seem set on keeping the discounts lower... and it still seem to sell fairly well.

[quote name='Okatha']I'm a little confused about the Hitman deal. Is it just $20 or does it also come with a $10 credit? Or does the credit only apply if you had purchased it previously?[/QUOTE]
Hitman is $20.

The credit is for people who bought it recently (while it was $30.)

Well this is like my 5th copy of Darksiders 1. Great game but I'm starting to regret that 5 dollars I spent at the steam winter sale years ago.

Does anyone know if Amazon is going to be Price Matching GameFly's deals? Max Payne 3 is 14.99 and I would prefer to spend my money with Amazon.
Also it would be cool to see an Assassin's Creed 3 deal!
Thanks!

[quote name='Veritas9']Does anyone know if Amazon is going to be Price Matching GameFly's deals? Max Payne 3 is 14.99 and I would prefer to spend my money with Amazon.
Also it would be cool to see an Assassin's Creed 3 deal!
Thanks![/QUOTE]

Same deal gors live with us tomorrow or the next day. OP update incoming.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Same deal gors live with us tomorrow or the next day. OP update incoming.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Thanks Tony! Western Washington Pride!

[quote name='KryllFood']I'm in the same boat...I already have Darksiders 1 and I'm not too interested in the Darksiders 2 DLC. Still in the process of beating Darksiders 1...[/QUOTE]

Add me to this list. Just want DS2 and nothing else.

FYI guys flying home to Florida today so if my responses are delayed that's why. I'll try to respond from mobile during my layover but might not be able to.

Cheers,
Tony

Sorry is this has already been asked/answered, but will there be a Guild Wars 2 deals around Christmas & New Year?

EDIT: ...Aaand I just saw Tony's post about $40 for it. :D

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI guys flying home to Florida today so if my responses are delayed that's why. I'll try to respond from mobile during my layover but might not be able to.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Make sure to feed and water the hamsters before you leave. :D

Fly safe...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI for those wondering about GW2, yes we'll have it for $39.99 around Christmas.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

There's your answer.

[quote name='Zmaj']Sorry is this has already been asked/answered, but will there be a Guild Wars 2 deals around Christmas & New Year?

EDIT: ...Aaand I just saw Tony's post about $40 for it. :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI guys flying home to Florida today so if my responses are delayed that's why. I'll try to respond from mobile during my layover but might not be able to.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

All the more reason you should hire me as your assistant. I'll never go back to FL when I leave.

[quote name='aus_nacht']Well this is like my 5th copy of Darksiders 1. Great game but I'm starting to regret that 5 dollars I spent at the steam winter sale years ago.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I loved the game though, so I guess it's no biggie.

I also won the game from Game Informer and had that extra copy from the Humble Bundle.

Hmm, 13 bucks is NOTHING for DS2 and DLC, but my laptop is hardly gaming, I have intel HD3000 card.

I can play diablo 3 and torchlight 2 just fine, how are my chances with DS2?

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Hmm, 13 bucks is NOTHING for DS2 and DLC, but my laptop is hardly gaming, I have intel HD3000 card.

I can play diablo 3 and torchlight 2 just fine, how are my chances with DS2?[/QUOTE]

using that computer you can check on System Requirement Labs Can You Run It website

Sorry Tony, not reading anything great about the DLC, already have the first one, so seems a little high to me from a bankrupt developer.

[quote name='turls']Sorry Tony, not reading anything great about the DLC, already have the first one, so seems a little high to me from a bankrupt developer.[/QUOTE]

Just because they're bankrupt doesn't mean they have to give everything away. :roll:

If you don't think that over $20 worth of DLC and a 4-month old game is worth the price of 4 coffees, then I don't know what to tell you.

[quote name='Detruire']Hitman is $20.

The credit is for people who bought it recently (while it was $30.)[/QUOTE]

Thanks! :D

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Just because they're bankrupt doesn't mean they have to give everything away. :roll:

If you don't think that over $20 worth of DLC and a 4-month old game is worth the price of 4 coffees, then I don't know what to tell you.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Some people are ridiculous in their demands.

^I third that. At those prices I'd be happy to buy.

On a side note, I need to remember to update my digital download spreadsheet. I haven't updated it in months. I track all my purchases from Steam, Amazon, GMG, etc. so that I know if I already bought something or duplicates. I have a folder in my inbox strictly for digital purchases which need noting in my spreadsheet before I file it away.

Tony,

I would also like a PM on STCC:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8690/

More of the SimBin stuff is on sale as well, maybe you want to PM those in case anyone else is interested (Race 07, GTR Evolution)

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=SimBin

Thanks

EDIT: For those interested in STCC, you need Race 07 although it's not mentioned on Amazons page. Also, Steam is only mentioned in the reviews for Race 07 but I can confirm it's indeed Steam activatable so I'm betting STCC or other SimBin titles are as well

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Just because they're bankrupt doesn't mean they have to give everything away. :roll:

If you don't think that over $20 worth of DLC and a 4-month old game is worth the price of 4 coffees, then I don't know what to tell you.[/QUOTE]

I know what you can tell him. You can tell him that it's his money and he can spend it as he sees fit.

I know what you can tell him. You can tell him that it's his money and he's entitled to spend it as he sees fit.

[quote name='The End']I know what you can tell him. You can tell him that it's his money and he's entitled to spend it as he sees fit.[/QUOTE]

Or you can tell him that the assumption that a bankrupt company suddenly is going to give away everything is flat out stupid and complaining in the thread about it is lame.

Wow, I wanted this on console, but at this price, I may just buy it, hook up my laptop to my TV, use my controller and play it that way. My laptop should be powerful enough to run settings on all high at least.

Did I miss something in this conversation? The post that was quoted basically said that he didn't feel that something was worth the money to him. Where did he say he wanted free stuff? Admittedly, I don't know why THQ being bankrupt should factor in the decision. But it was basically a post about how he didn't find the deal attractive enough for him. He has a right not to want to buy it.

[quote name='travathian']Or you can tell him that the assumption that a bankrupt company suddenly is going to give away everything is flat out stupid and complaining in the thread about it is lame.[/QUOTE]

They just gave away most of their good back catalog for a buck a week ago...

Man has a point. THQ by their own actions have given the appearance of engaging in firesales. So, if you don't value the DLC, you can make a reasonable argument that the price should be lower and you'll wait.

Jesus, not everything on this thread has to be Amazon cheerleading. Let the guy getting an Amazon paycheck respond to complaints or suggestions that the price can be lower. He's usually very chill.

[quote name='The End']Did I miss something in this conversation? The post that was quoted basically said that he didn't feel that something was worth the money to him. Where did he say he wanted free stuff? Admittedly, I don't know why THQ being bankrupt should factor in the decision. But it was basically a post about how he didn't find the deal attractive enough for him. He has a right not to want to buy it.[/QUOTE]

He said he didn't feel it was worth the money from a bankrupt developer. THQ isn't bankrupt yet, and their financial situation should have nothing to do with it. If he had just said "too much for me still" like plenty of others have said, I don't think anyone would have an issue.

Somehow implying that because THQ is having financial problems the game should be even cheaper is why some people are taking issue. I'm assuming mostly because that's an idiotic way to look at things and because $13 bucks for a game that came out a few months ago and all the DLC is a pretty awesome deal as is.

Just to make people rage more I'm holding out on Darksiders 2 $5... don't care a lick about the DLC. If it never hits that, I'm content not to play it.

[quote name='The End']Did I miss something in this conversation? The post that was quoted basically said that he didn't feel that something was worth the money to him. Where did he say he wanted free stuff? Admittedly, I don't know why THQ being bankrupt should factor in the decision. But it was basically a post about how he didn't find the deal attractive enough for him. He has a right not to want to buy it.[/QUOTE]

It's just the interwebs full of raging internerds. I'm not sure why people even bother to discuss about prices in a site called cheap ass gamer, if the perceived ROI isn't there, don't buy it until it hits your sweet spot, that's all there is to it, no need to discuss anything.

@the guy waiting for 33% off blops 2 in steam, cod on steam is the one thing you can count on to almost never get good discounts, if it isn't hitting 33% off on Amazon, it might not even go on sale on steam, Activision handles it's pricing with an iron fist.

[quote name='tpatricio']Any chance on a price match on Kung Fu Strike - Master Levels DLC [Download] ?

http://store.steampowered.com//app/212041 (0.74)
http://www.amazon.com/Kung-Fu-Strik...qid=1353938160&sr=1-2&keywords=kung+fu+strike (2.99)

As someone already mentioned, a pm for Race 07 would also be cool:

http://www.amazon.com/Layernet-41074Race-0711-Race-Download/dp/B008BLPHBM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/8600[/QUOTE]

They usually don't PM under a $1 now (used to be $0.50 limit). Here's hoping though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back