Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KaOTiK']Tony, any chance we can see a Kane and Lynch bundle?[/QUOTE]

This. I would buy that in an instant... assuming the price was right of course :).

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol :)

Lol I did not. Thank you good sir for the chuckle.
[/QUOTE]

It certainly is much funnier now. Last night, not so much.

[quote name='Seraphym']Thanks for the replies. After browsing through the horribly overpriced TSW Item Shop I'm going to have to rethink getting TSW.[/QUOTE]

Your call, missing out on a good game. Nothing in that item shop is remotely necessary.

First off, thanks to all of the hard work you have done letting us know about all of the great deals. It's really appreciated! I played solely MMORPG's from the Everquest Beta till about 2008 when I quit WoW and really haven't been playing much of anything the past few years. The last console I owned was the original Nintendo. Basically, I came in to this holiday season with a clean slate on video games as basically everything on every system is new to me, and a ton of cash to blow. I didn't want to buy anything new because the old stuff is all new to me, and much less cost. I wanted to get a PS3 since I didn't own a blu-ray player. I also wanted to build a new computer as mine is fairly outdated. With that said, I've been bargain shopping at all of the various retailers for the best deals around for the past 2 months and this board has been a great help. The reason for the post however, is the interesting part of the break-down of my spending.

For digital games my breakdown was about:

75% Amazon
15% Steam
10% Gamersgate

For PS3 Purchases my breakdown was about:

70% Best Buy (Console + Bundles)
15% Amazon (Accessories)
15% Gamestop (used games)

For Computer purchases my breakdown was about:

80% Newegg
20% Amazon

Total spent: About $2,500.

By merchant:

Newegg: $1,200
Amazon: $700
Best Buy: $600

Essentially, Amazon took the majority of sales in the Digital Games category. Newegg took the majority of sales in the Computer hardware category and Best Buy took almost all of the sales in the PS3 category with Amazon the only merchant to cut into all 3 areas winning the Digital Downloads, and getting occasional sales in PS3 (Accessories, 1 bundle) and Computer Parts (Ram, Motherboard).

In Summary,

Amazon was the best for Digital Downloads.
Best Buy was the best for PS3 purchases.
Newegg was the best for computer hardware.

[quote name='Seraphym']Thanks for the replies. After browsing through the horribly overpriced TSW Item Shop I'm going to have to rethink getting TSW.[/QUOTE]
Your choice, naturally, but the item shop is really just cosmetic stuff. I've never felt a need to use it.

I feel I'm missing something. I was unable to browse the TSW item shop without a TSW account. To make a TSW account they want a key. I tried creating another Fumicom account on Age of Conan (free), but that still didn't let me log into the TSW item shop. (I did glean some itemshop info from forums.)

[quote name='Seraphym']Buying TSW today for $22.50 vs. tomorrow for $13 + $5.. Is the starter pack stuff worth $4.50? My hunch is that better noob weapons prolly is worth $4.50 until you can twink your new characters.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Syntax Error']Having played the game, upgrading your early weapons and staying competitive with the zombies and beach monsters was pretty trivial anyway. Getting it now under the 2012 wire might be worth it for the upcoming DLC but I wouldn't call twinkie newbie weapons a reason to do it.[/QUOTE]

I'm using the weapons but wouldn't say they are worth $4.50, just wait until tomorrow IMO.

[quote name='Motoki']I was going to say when I saw that uhoh.

Yeah might want to pm that next time.[/QUOTE]

I'm ok with just embarrassing beggers.

[quote name='smurfinaus']Realistically how many EC coupons do people need?. The EC list is still only a page and a bit, and prices don't look too good right now...:/[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tolyngee']You weren't around last year to witness what happens to that EC list during the entire month of Jan...[/QUOTE]

This guy doesn't want $2.49 Hotline Miami or $10 Kingdoms of Amalur + All DLC...or $21 Medal of Honor Warfighter.

[quote name='jamezuva']If anyone wants to use my 2k discount, I will part with it for an additional $2 on top of the cost of the item you want. PM me[/QUOTE]

Just wait until 1/2 if you want any of the packs, they'll all be in the EC by then.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I don't know how I found it a few days ago on Amazon as I was looking to possibly pick it up, because I couldn't repeat the search just now. Google, however, found it right away. Go figure.[/QUOTE]

I'll get this fixed.

[quote name='KBoom']Sorry, from my understanding that seems pretty vague. I have no idea what that means to us consumers.

And I really miss a Mafia / Mafia II pack/sale :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, that's as specific as I can get within the realm of what is appropriate to discuss online. Those who have worked in/understand retail probably have a better idea of what I'm talking about, but maybe not.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony,

Want to thank you again for the great deals (with more to come in January and beyond). Amazon DD got a good 70% or so of my purchases with Gamer's Gate a distant second at around 25ish percent and Steam dead last with only one game/item and that's only because Amazon doesn't carry Dead Rising 2.

Without Amazon this sale cycle would have been a total bust.

[quote name='tham1988']i think it may be vaguely implying that not all international sites are legitimate[/QUOTE]

No, not at all. I think there are lots of legitimate online retailers in other countries, GMG, among them, the differences have to do with business terms.

Cheers,
Tony

Hey Tony, I'll just ask again: Will Alan Wake be in the 2012 Editor's Choice? Logic behind it goes:
- Game came out in 2012 on PC.
- Game has solid acclaim and reception.
- Game got a side story game to go with the PC release (American Nightmare).

Followup question to that basically is a PM on the game itself from Steam. It's a daily:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15407/

(let's go Jan sale.)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry, that's as specific as I can get within the realm of what is appropriate to discuss online. Those who have worked in/understand retail probably have a better idea of what I'm talking about, but maybe not.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Having worked retail, it's obviously referring to this business model:

000083_sm2.jpg

Has anyone made a list of underrated and less publicized deals on amazon? Looking for something good to have with some homemade chili.

[quote name='DarkZero104']Hey Tony, I'll just ask again: Will Alan Wake be in the 2012 Editor's Choice? Logic behind it goes:
- Game came out in 2012 on PC.
- Game has solid acclaim and reception.
- Game got a side story game to go with the PC release (American Nightmare).

Followup question to that basically is a PM on the game itself from Steam. It's a daily:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15407/

(let's go Jan sale.)[/QUOTE]

Good question, AW more than likely won't make the EC list. I'll get on the PM now.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Mooby']Alan Wake won't make the EC because... [/QUOTE]

...it is officially banned from sales for the duration of 2013; having used up all of its sale allotments during the 2012 time span.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']...it is officially banned from sales for the duration of 2013; having used up all of its sale allotments during the 2012 time span.[/QUOTE]

That, too. Personally I don't get the hub-bub over the game other than the fact it has nice visuals and a cool story. I expect it to make an HIB one day.

[quote name='The End']Ah, thanks mate. Don't know why I couldn't find it. It's either because the amazon search kinda sucks, or because I'm an idiot. Or possibly both.

Mafia 1 has been removed from the steam store, so it's possible that Amazon only has a certain amount of keys left for that game. Any chance you might be able to clarify that situation Tony?[/QUOTE]

I've been trying to get an answer from Tony for a while now. I didn't expect him to handle me free gamers or whatever but it would make me the happiest camper if he could include it on the EC.

I have 5 bucks left on Amazon, would be perfect.

So Tony,

Since you are so magical at getting great deals, want to help me out? I'm shopping for a house. I'd love 75% off, but I'll settle for 50% if that is the best you can do. I'll pay extra for the shrubbery :razz::lol:

[quote name='Genocidal']Having worked retail, it's obviously referring to this business model:

000083_sm2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

lol
wait so is that the international business model?
because amazon could get a business model

I will say the sale worked. I just built a new PC and so my attention has turned back to PCs. Had never thought of Amazon for digital distribution, but now I check often. Thanks.

[quote name='DonRamon']I've been trying to get an answer from Tony for a while now. I didn't expect him to handle me free gamers or whatever but it would make me the happiest camper if he could include it on the EC.

I have 5 bucks left on Amazon, would be perfect.[/QUOTE]

Ah sorry I missed this. Mafia is a no go. Simply not enough demand to support adding it to the EC list.

Cheers,
Tony

Aww.... game seemed to have all the makings for an entry. I mean with all the sales it had it made sense to fit the grouping too. Tch, guess I'll need to find another game for the bunch of coupons I've got.

Related to "is this game going to be on sale?" comes a different question: Did the google doc list of games we want to see get updated in the past week or two? There were a couple changes in the please category but that's all.

(similarly, did Tony ever see that list after its day of inception. >_>)

Edit: Got the link.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai9a3Lz60QwIdEVYVkhKZXRiTGZ6R2JKTXNBZ2pGX3c#gid=0

[quote name='DarkZero104']Aww.... game seemed to have all the makings for an entry. I mean with all the sales it had it made sense to fit the grouping too. Tch, guess I'll need to find another game for the bunch of coupons I've got.

Related to "is this game going to be on sale?" comes a different question: Did the google doc list of games we want to see get updated in the past week or two? There were a couple changes in the please category but that's all.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai9a3Lz60QwIdEVYVkhKZXRiTGZ6R2JKTXNBZ2pGX3c#gid=0[/QUOTE]

I had not seen this again and assumed interest had died out on it. I'll review this with the team after the New Year and look for stuff to pitch.

Thanks for resurfacing this.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='DarkZero104']Aww.... game seemed to have all the makings for an entry. I mean with all the sales it had it made sense to fit the grouping too. Tch, guess I'll need to find another game for the bunch of coupons I've got.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai9a3Lz60QwIdEVYVkhKZXRiTGZ6R2JKTXNBZ2pGX3c#gid=0[/QUOTE]

Don't think it has the demand but Game of Thrones would be awesome, especially if it drops lower than $20 before promo. I'm still bitter about paying full price for GoT Genesis, so trying to get the RPG for cheap as possible to make up for it.

[quote name='plft']Has anyone made a list of underrated and less publicized deals on amazon? Looking for something good to have with some homemade chili.[/QUOTE]

I was eyeing Two Worlds - Epic Edition for $1.99 ; action RPG.

[quote name='Corpekata']Asked earlier but looks like it might've gotten lost in the shuffle, is there any chance we'll see Syndicate on sale this coming month?[/QUOTE]

I'd just like to throw my interest out for this as well. EC not necessary, just kicking myself for not picking it up earlier.

That Sims 3 Pack is already down to $50.

Hope no one with EC coupons jumps the gun and buys it today before they can apply their $5 EC coupon to it.

Sweet, I just noticed Battlefield 3: Premium Service is on the list.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']Your call, missing out on a good game. Nothing in that item shop is remotely necessary.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Syntax Error']Your choice, naturally, but the item shop is really just cosmetic stuff. I've never felt a need to use it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='asheskitty']I feel I'm missing something. I was unable to browse the TSW item shop without a TSW account. To make a TSW account they want a key. I tried creating another Fumicom account on Age of Conan (free), but that still didn't let me log into the TSW item shop. (I did glean some itemshop info from forums.)[/QUOTE]

I have a TSW account from either a free weekend or an open beta period. Here are some item shop highlights - $10 for full outfits (very cute stuff), $1-$3 for single clothing items, $3 for 10 extra bank OR inventory slots ($30 to max each). Those were the things that interested me.
There is also AP boosts (no idea what they do). Barber shop & plastic surgeon tickets $1 & $6 respectively. Character rename for $10. Server transfer for $20.

Strictly speaking none of that is absolutly necessary. I personally will prolly have a very hard time not spending a ton on outfits & bank/inventory space. Even now, after Tony's advice, I want to buy the game tonight for the bird and leather jacket! Why couldn't y'all get into Rift?!?! :lol:

[quote name='awestover89']Don't think it has the demand but Game of Thrones would be awesome, especially if it drops lower than $20 before promo. I'm still bitter about paying full price for GoT Genesis, so trying to get the RPG for cheap as possible to make up for it.[/QUOTE]

Game of Thrones RPG is a really underrated title. The combat isn't particularly good but the RPG elements are better than just about every other 'rpg' released in recent years. Shame it hasn't dropped low enough in price for me to buy it

[quote name='hailey']Game of Thrones RPG is a really underrated title. The combat isn't particularly good but the RPG elements are better than just about every other 'rpg' released in recent years. Shame it hasn't dropped low enough in price for me to buy it[/QUOTE]

The bundle is $17.50 on Steam, but just the RPG is still $20. The RTS was so crappy they literally pay you to buy it, and it still isn't worth it. For $15 I would definitely have picked up the RPG if I hadn't bought Genesis, that game just put a sour taste in my mouth when it comes to ASoIaF video games.

[quote name='ckendal']Any chance Far Cry 3 will still be on sale tomorrow (@ $37.49) so I can use one of my $5 EC credits?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

It's already on the EC list, so you can definitely use your EC credit.

EDIT: oops, sorry. Thanks Neuro5i5, I misunderstood the relevant part of the question.

[quote name='ckendal']Any chance Far Cry 3 will still be on sale tomorrow (@ $37.49) so I can use one of my $5 EC credits?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

It should be on sale for the next 20 hours as it is PM'd to Steam's sale.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']But his girlfriend just broke up with me too...[/QUOTE]

Haha this made me laugh. Thanks for that. Also, thanks everyone else for the suggestions, much appreciated. I knew I could count on you guys! I can't go through and quote everyone but the guy who suggested to the moon, Im gonna pick that up it sounds very interesting.

To all the open world/sandbox suggestions, I actually played just cause 2 on ps3 and have it on PC, just haven't done much with it yet. But smacking someone with a dildobat in SR3 does sound like a good time(that made me laugh also).

And to Tony, thanks for the offer, you're awesome. PM sent. I don't post on here a lot but I have checked this thread almost daily since Black Friday and I know everyone appreciates what you do, including me. Amazon has killed my wallet this season I know that.

To sum up, thanks everyone. I know it wasn't much but it did make my day quite a bit better. I've got two days off coming up with nothing but games in sight haha. Well, besides tonight's festivities!

[quote name='Seraphym']I have a TSW account from either a free weekend or an open beta period. Here are some item shop highlights - $10 for full outfits (very cute stuff), $1-$3 for single clothing items, $3 for 10 extra bank OR inventory slots ($30 to max each). Those were the things that interested me.
There is also AP boosts (no idea what they do). Barber shop & plastic surgeon tickets $1 & $6 respectively. Character rename for $10. Server transfer for $20.

Strictly speaking none of that is absolutly necessary. I personally will prolly have a very hard time not spending a ton on outfits & bank/inventory space. Even now, after Tony's advice, I want to buy the game tonight for the bird and leather jacket! Why couldn't y'all get into Rift?!?! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for that! Educated and less confused =) Geno posted that TSW seems to run on GMT, so you have just under two hours if you want the 2012 bonuses (till 4PM PST).

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Ah sorry I missed this. Mafia is a no go. Simply not enough demand to support adding it to the EC list.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

aw :cry:

Thanks a lot for replying anyway, I just hope I get enough time to buy it from the steam keys get depleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back