Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony!

I hate to be one of "Those Guys", but does Amazon have any promotions planned for Far Cry 3 during the January EC list?
You do not have to give me/us a definitive answer nor a price point; a wink should suffice ;)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']What if The Walking Dead was $12.49 as the deal of the week next week?

What if...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

madrage by tons, and madhappiness by some. As usual.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']What if The Walking Dead was $12.49 as the deal of the week next week?

What if...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That's not possible because people in this thread told me Amazon sucks and has poopy deals!

What if...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

You'll sell bucketloads. Maybe even boatloads.

Honestly it's the thing I was hoping would go on sale the most.

What if...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Then you could be sure I'd use a couple of my coupons to buy gifts for my friends. I LOVE that game. :)

What if...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

oh, next week. I need to wake up.

Insta-buy, after watching 10m of a Youtube vid.

What if...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That sounds great... would this be PC, Mac, or both? Right now they're different prices...

What if...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

What if... I already own it ;)

What if...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Omg omg omg, what a great deal!(with coupons of course :p)

Oh, also, Tony, any chances of Warner Bros games ending up in the EC list?

[quote name='Draxus']That sounds great... would this be PC, Mac, or both? Right now they're different prices...[/QUOTE]

The game is Steamplay, so it wouldn't matter. You'll get a key to put into Steam that lets you play it on either platform.

[quote name='Draxus']That sounds great... would this be PC, Mac, or both? Right now they're different prices...[/QUOTE]
Whatever, they both activate PC and Mac version of the game on Steam. Buy that one which will be cheaper.

What if...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Then I would have 1 less coupon and be happy I waited to see what deals Amazon would have in January
and I also second that question if any of the WB games will end up on the list (namely the batman games :p)

[quote name='Mooby']Tony,

By the way re: contacting Rhode Island about a Steam version of Amalur for Amazon -- here's the dude you need to contact:

http://www.sjcorio.com/matters/current_matters/38studios/index.htm[/QUOTE]

OMG I love you.

I've been calling various agencies at the State of Rhode Island for the past month. The first person I spoke to asked me, and I quote, "Amazon.com? Is that some sort of internet site?"

Cheers,
Tony

What if...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Make sure you have a good stock of keys for TWD, because I need only one :D

What if...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Wont stop the orphans from being beat by SlimJims

I'm going to give a whole new meaning to Snap into a SlimJim!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']OMG I love you.

I've been calling various agencies at the State of Rhode Island for the past month. The first person I spoke to asked me, and I quote, "Amazon.com? Is that some sort of internet site?"

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Wow, talk about oblivious. I could understand not knowing about Steam but not knowing AMAZON!?!?! It's only been around... what... fifteen years or so? Anyway, not sure if that guy would be able to do anything but -- legally speaking -- he's in charge (the custodian) of the IP and would be the one most interested in generating revenue from it even before the IP officially changes hands. I'd imagine he'd have to put the revenue in some kind of trust account.

Here's the dude's office/profile page: http://www.crfllp.com/attorney-Land.html (he looks like a chipper sort who's hip to gaming!)

I have yet to play the "free" Sony PS+ episodes (1 and 2) so would this be a good deal for episodes 3 through 5? Should I play the PC versions of 1 and 2 and forget about the PS3 versions?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']What if The Walking Dead was $12.49 as the deal of the week next week?[/QUOTE]

/running to buy more Amazon gift cards...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']. The first person I spoke to asked me, and I quote, "Amazon.com? Is that some sort of internet site?"[/QUOTE]

I suppose the fact that they didn't refer to it as intertubes is something to smile about, but... #-o

[quote name='Palinn']I have yet to play the "free" Sony PS+ episodes (1 and 2) so would this be a good deal for episodes 3 through 5? Should I play the PC versions of 1 and 2 and forget about the PS3 versions?[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I did.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]Wow. Did the guy live under a rock or something? Who hasn't heard about AMAZON?

[quote name='Palinn']I have yet to play the "free" Sony PS+ episodes (1 and 2) so would this be a good deal for episodes 3 through 5? Should I play the PC versions of 1 and 2 and forget about the PS3 versions?[/QUOTE]

It's my understanding that as long as you don't play the iOS versions you should be okay.

I bought TWD from Amazon last month for PC and there are some typical TellTale Game engine hiccups, but I never had a crash. I did encounter one bug which was a decision I made near the end of Episode 1 blatantly did not carry over into Episode 2. You'll know exactly what it is a few minutes into Episode 2, so I won't spoil it. Read this ONLY if you encounter the issue. It worked perfectly for me after that and I never had another issue.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']That is exactly what I did.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='NeoGutsman']It's my understanding that as long as you don't play the iOS versions you should be okay.

I bought TWD from Amazon last month for PC and there are some typical TellTale Game engine hiccups, but I never had a crash. I did encounter one bug which was a decision I made near the end of Episode 1 blatantly did not carry over into Episode 2. You'll know exactly what it is a few minutes into Episode 2, so I won't spoil it. Read this ONLY if you encounter the issue. It worked perfectly for me after that and I never had another issue.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the replies!

What if...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]I'm so excited I just pooed a little.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
It'd be great to pick up the Amalur Steam DLC on Amazon for the right price. I bought the main game on Steam and then the company died, no more discounts.

Jesus H Christ if we actually get a Steam Amalur for under $60 I feel like I will owe someone my organs or my eternal soul or something in return.

[quote name='poxi']Whatever, they both activate PC and Mac version of the game on Steam. Buy that one which will be cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok, that's weird

[quote name='xanchui']Amazon.com? Don't they sell books or something?[/QUOTE]

I can believe people do not know of Amazon. I'm a younger person and up until about 4 years ago, I thought Amazon was an online book store; I never knew they sold other items.

**EDIT**
Oh! And I live in the Seattle area of all places :p

[quote name='xanchui']Amazon.com? Don't they sell books or something?[/QUOTE]

Be careful, might be a shady retailer. I heard they're starting to have "price mistakes" like GamersGate!

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I can believe people do not know of Amazon. I'm a younger person and up until about 4 years ago, I thought Amazon was an online book store; I never knew they sold other items.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wasn't implying that they should have known who we were. I was saying that in my head I was thinking, "oh my god I'm never going to be explain what I'm asking for".

Cheers,
Tony

Guys anyone have a screen cap of then Miami Hotline was for sale for $5 on Amazon? I want to get my $2.50 back, no lie. I bought it when it was $7.50 so im a little pissed. Well if anyone can help me, that would be great.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I can believe people do not know of Amazon. I'm a younger person and up until about 4 years ago, I thought Amazon was an online book store; I never knew they sold other items.[/QUOTE]

I remember meeting someone in the lat 90's who said they moved to Seattle to work at Amazon.com in customer support. I thought "good luck with that" at the time, believing it would be like MySimon.com and fall by the wayside. I am a great prognosticator!

[quote name='darknight88']Guys anyone have a screen cap of then Miami Hotline was for sale for $5 on Amazon? I want to get my $2.50 back, no lie. I bought it when it was $7.50 so im a little pissed. Well if anyone can help me, that would be great.[/QUOTE]

Why should they refund your $2.50?

[quote name='darknight88']Guys anyone have a screen cap of then Miami Hotline was for sale for $5 on Amazon? I want to get my $2.50 back, no lie. I bought it when it was $7.50 so im a little pissed. Well if anyone can help me, that would be great.[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't have price guarantees for anything except televisions, and even if they did I don't think you'll get them to refund you money because of a glitch.

What if...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

$7.49 after $5 coupon = EPIC WIN. ;)

EDIT:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hmm good call,

I'll hit up Focus and see if they can get us the DC.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Excellent news for those who went DRM-FREE!! :D
We'll keep our eyes posted!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah, I wasn't implying that they should have known who we were. I was saying that in my head I was thinking, "oh my god I'm never going to be explain what I'm asking for".

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Well at least the lawyer should know. I can't imagine a bankruptcy attorney not knowing of a billion dollar company/one of the largest online retailers in the world.

Next time maybe wait? Tough luck for you. There is no way they will refund you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back