Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Needles-Kane']Damnit, just bought Fable TLC on Steam when it was $2.50 :([/QUOTE]

Why are you saying damnit? Even if he gets them on sale really fast, 2.50 is not likely a price that's going to get beat.

Hey everyone - I don't stop in this thread much anymore, but I just wanted to tell Tony that he does an amazing job with these sales / promotions! Amazon really kicked butt in the downloads department this year for me, and these ECC are yielding some amazing deals. Keep up the good work!

Long time reader, first time poster (hey, it works on the radio). First, big thanks to Tony for all the info and the great deals. Just wanted to toss in my related comments (and demands!)

Approximate Dollar breakdown since Nov 16:
Steam - $15 ($12.50 of which was Walking Dead in November, only bought 2 games during the winter sale, one as a gift and one as a joke)

Amazon - $33

GMG - $10

Other (Humble Bundle, Groupees, etc) - $14

I rarely make pre-orders, but when I did (Borderlands 2) it was only because the price point got so low. But I really don't think people on this site are the target market for pre-orders. As such, for people here I'd think offer #4 is most likely to get purchases if it's low enough, but it's competing against the GMGs of the world.

As for my "demands," any chance at all of a bundle deal of Dragon Age 2 and all it's DLC? Doesn't seem like EA wants to release a GotY type package for it.

And since THQ is (probably) going under and Tony seems to have a good relationship with them, any chance of seeing some sort of insane last day of THQ deal on the 21st? Something like every THQ game ever for $20 or something? Just a thought.

Oh and to anyone worried about the save bug in Walking Dead, just be sure to start the next episode before turning the game off after finishing an episode. Seems to avoid most potential issues. Also, now that all 5 episodes are out, doesn't seem to happen as much as when there were breaks between them.

And for anyone who likes MMORPGs, Kingdoms of Amalur is fantastic and really scratches that itch, especially for those of us that can't put the time into a MMO any more. And Origin isn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be.

And regarding that EA deal, my copy of Bulletstorm from last January just registered on Origin just fine about an hour ago.

Anyway, back to lurking :)

Starts 1/9 - PC Download - EA Bundle (Bulletstorm, Burnout, Mercenaries 2, Mirror's Edge, The Saboteur) - $14.99 pre-coupon, added to EC list $9.99 after coupon

This is where bundles don't work for me since I've got Bulletstorm, Burnout, and Mirror's Edge. I'd love to pick up Mercs 2 and Saboteur for a few bucks. That's a really nice package for the price though.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Ah gotcha, yeah I was literally writing up a post to get those deals up here as well when I got Ninja'ed :).

Speaking of Ninjas, we just got these games from MSFT:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AR05D78
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AR03O8I
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AR05D5A
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AR03O92
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AR03OV0
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AR05D6O
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AR03O9M
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AR03OX8

Working on putting together a promotion on them now, no idea what it will look like yet though.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Wow. I would be more inclined to want to buy a pack with all of those combined. In fact, I would be inclined to buy at least three complete packs.

Nice find on searching for 1000728511, whomever suggested that.

I thought I only had 1 credit but apparently there was one from November lingering around my email.

[quote name='hal']This is where bundles don't work for me since I've got Bulletstorm, Burnout, and Mirror's Edge. I'd love to pick up Mercs 2 and Saboteur for a few bucks. That's a really nice package for the price though.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I would have loved Mercs 2 and The Saboteur for $2.50 each. I did end up buying the pack and selling the extra games. Which I just sold for $5 :)

[quote name='lomaxgnome']As for my "demands," any chance at all of a bundle deal of Dragon Age 2 and all it's DLC? Doesn't seem like EA wants to release a GotY type package for it.[/QUOTE]

I would think it would be difficult to do something like that if there weren't a GOTY edition, since EA does all their DLC sales through their site. (It is the reason why newer EA games aren't on Steam. Valve wants customers to be able to buy DLC through their client.)

[quote name='TheLongshot']I would think it would be difficult to do something like that if there weren't a GOTY edition, since EA does all their DLC sales through their site. (It is the reason why newer EA games aren't on Steam. Valve wants customers to be able to buy DLC through their client.)[/QUOTE]

I think its just a Bioware thing, because you can buy Kingdoms of Amalur DLC on amazon. I was in the market for the ME2/ME3 DLC and I could only find it through Bioware if I bought Bioware points and spent them through the Bioware site (though ME3 lets you do it through the Origin interface.)

TSW update regarding copying files to another computer:

Just attempted to copy the default C:\Funcom folder to an external and move it to another computer.

Ran into an issue, when copying - Saying it couldn't find the H:\Funcom\The Secret World\RBD folder. Did this for 15 files. Only copied 20 GB.

Transferred to other computer, ran ContentPatcher.exe, verified files, and then started downloading 9 GB worth of files.

I would imagine that others will have a better success rate at this as I think my external drive was running out of space and didn't know where to put the rest of the files. Either way, 9 GB as opposed to 30+ is still considered a win in my book.

[quote name='SCMoney360']TSW update regarding copying files to another computer:

Just attempted to copy the default C:\Funcom folder to an external and move it to another computer.

Ran into an issue, when copying - Saying it couldn't find the H:\Funcom\The Secret World\RBD folder. Did this for 15 files. Only copied 20 GB.

Transferred to other computer, ran ContentPatcher.exe, verified files, and then started downloading 9 GB worth of files.

I would imagine that others will have a better success rate at this as I think my external drive was running out of space and didn't know where to put the rest of the files. Either way, 9 GB as opposed to 30+ is still considered a win in my book.[/QUOTE]

I did this a few days ago from my desktop to NAS and NAS to Laptop and had no problems.

[quote name='Playto']Has there been any update on a special for the Battlefield shortcut bundle? Haven't played in a while and don't want to spend hundreds of hours levelling up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah we'll have it for $12.99 pre-coupon on 1/29-1/31

[quote name='KaOTiK']Tony,

Are you guys going to resume those Gamespot black Friday sales things?[/QUOTE]

Yep, we're still locking down the schedule but I'll let you know once it is.

[quote name='Wulfgr']Tony, is Assassin's Creed Revelations Gold Edition coming back on sale this month ?[/QUOTE]

No plans yet, I'll hit up Ubi though.

[quote name='pROvIs']I did this a few days ago from my desktop to NAS and NAS to Laptop and had no problems.[/QUOTE]

NAS?

Cheers,
Tony

Disappointed in the EA bundle. $10 is the normal sale price for it and I think it's been run at least a couple of times. Back when I bought it, there was a universal coupon code that took $2.50 off of it making it cheaper than this.

Does anyone else have a $19.94 credit for "Software/Video Games" on their account that they can't use on anything?

I thought I had one more $5 coupon from that first Gamespot Prototype bundle, but I can't seem to find the email.

*Nevermind...I forgot that I received credit for the free to play games like AirMech*

[quote name='mnuttster']Does anyone else have a $19.94 credit for "Software/Video Games" on their account that they can't use on anything?

I thought I had one more $5 coupon from that first Gamespot Prototype bundle, but I can't seem to find the email.[/QUOTE]

Its probably FTP stuff. I really wish they had a way for you to easily see all the credits on your account and what they are for.

[quote name='espy605']Just for reference, Steam had AOE3 complete for $10, Fable 3 Complete (not vanilla) for $12.50, Deadlight for $7.50, Mark of the Ninja $7.50 and Fable TLC for $2.50. Not sure about the others but these are all on my wishlist (for lower prices obviously).[/QUOTE]

The price points for fable 3 and aoe3 have been too high in steam so hopefully Tony can drop them a bit. I realize these are the latest available PC itterations but given how much game you can now get for $5, I think these need to drop to that or below for me to pick them up. Again comparing it to what we're seeing from Tony sales at that price point.

also Tony -

how come no one has the original age of empires games? an age of empires 1,2,3 complete at $5 and maybe even $7.50 will be very hard to pass up. thanks!

[quote name='pROvIs']I did this a few days ago from my desktop to NAS and NAS to Laptop and had no problems.[/QUOTE]

That's why I said it was user error.

[quote name='equalsP']I think its just a Bioware thing, because you can buy Kingdoms of Amalur DLC on amazon. I was in the market for the ME2/ME3 DLC and I could only find it through Bioware if I bought Bioware points and spent them through the Bioware site (though ME3 lets you do it through the Origin interface.)[/QUOTE]

Amalur they pretty much just financed and published and were mostly hands off with though.

There are other EA games with DLC you can only get through EA. Off the top of my head Sims 3 comes to mind. That one is still on Steam because it was grandfathered in before Valve changed their terms.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if this is something you start to see more and more of from EA in the future.

[quote name='8GuaWong']Hey tony any chance of bringing the prototype pack/bundle back? :)[/QUOTE]

Definitely would like to see this return too and added to the EC list if possible.

So remember folks, last day for sale prices for a lot of stuff: Xcom, NBA2k, Borderlands 2, Spec OPs: The Line, The Darkness 2, and all the 2K packs.

Also to the person who was disappointed about missing Dark Souls, they dropped it back down to $20, not as good a deal as it was previously ($18), but better than $40.

[quote name='guardian_owl']So remember folks, last day for sale prices for a lot of stuff: Xcom, NBA2k, Borderlands 2, Spec OPs: The Line, The Darkness 2, and all the 2K packs.

Also to the person who was disappointed about missing Dark Souls, they dropped it back down to $20, not as good a deal as it was previously ($18), but better than $40.[/QUOTE]

Hrm, thanks for the heads up. Pondering The Darkness, but I only have 2 coupons left, and I wonder what's coming up later in the sale. (MotN for 7.50 before coupon? Please?)

Tony,

Will we have Disney packs (the one with Pure + Split/Second + Tron and the family pack which contained Lego PotC, PotC and other games) added to EC?

Also some hopes on the rest of the Lego games?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI just heard back from WB. Nogo for their stuff again in January. Just a heads up for those who might have been waiting.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Ah well, it's their loss. Thanks a lot for trying though.

[quote name='SCMoney360']TSW update regarding copying files to another computer:

I would imagine that others will have a better success rate at this as I think my external drive was running out of space and didn't know where to put the rest of the files. Either way, 9 GB as opposed to 30+ is still considered a win in my book.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, your drive ran out of space. There are something like 35 .rdb files in that subdirectory, and they're all 1GB in size.

Still, it's good to know that the launcher knows how to verify the local installation and only download the missing files. Some launchers just start all over if things aren't perfectly perfect. (Right, Steam? ;))

[quote name='CheapThomas']The price points for fable 3 and aoe3 have been too high in steam so hopefully Tony can drop them a bit. I realize these are the latest available PC itterations but given how much game you can now get for $5, I think these need to drop to that or below for me to pick them up. Again comparing it to what we're seeing from Tony sales at that price point.

also Tony -

how come no one has the original age of empires games? an age of empires 1,2,3 complete at $5 and maybe even $7.50 will be very hard to pass up. thanks![/QUOTE]

Seriously. I pass on Fable 3 at 12.50 every time Steam prices it at that. I don't see why this game never goes below that price. I'm guessing it's Microsoft's decision.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI just heard back from WB. Nogo for their stuff again in January. Just a heads up for those who might have been waiting.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DonRamon']Ah well, it's their loss. Thanks a lot for trying though.[/QUOTE]

This. I had coupons reserved for Scribblenauts and Lego LOTR, and would have pulled the trigger at $7.49 net -- basically the same deal as was available during December.

So... hey, I've got two more coupons available, and they're getting rather toasty in my pocket! Tony, let the other publishers know that they can have WB's money, if they put the right deals in place! :whee:

[quote name='Mac the Geek']Yeah, your drive ran out of space. There are something like 35 .rdb files in that subdirectory, and they're all 1GB in size.

Still, it's good to know that the launcher knows how to verify the local installation and only download the missing files. Some launchers just start all over if things aren't perfectly perfect. (Right, Steam? ;))[/QUOTE]

That's standard for MMOs. Steam sometimes has OMG-huge patches because some games pack most of their content into a few large (GB or more) files and steam is pretty simple/dumb in that if something changed in a file, it redownloads the whole file. This is in stark contract to the efficient rsync updating that Dropbox and others do.

Decided to just go for Spec Ops in this group. The Crazy Action pack was a little tempting, until I realize I had Borderlands free with PS+, and that was the most attractive game in the bundle, so I'll wait to see what I can use my last two on. (I'm still hoping for Crusader Kings II for $10 before coupon.)

some feedback on xcom for people who can't decide if its worth it
buy buy buy ignore your backlog and play asap:twoguns:
I played 61 hours in a week

Tony,

TERA is going Free to Play In February, but there are some benefits to purchasing a copy now (extra bank slots, etc). I'd like to pick one up from Amazon on the cheap, and I'm sure lots of other people would like to as well. I also need a copy for my girlfriend, so if you brought back that 2 for 2 promo, I'd jump. Otherwise/also something using the EC credit would be amazing.

For the record, I don't think I'd pay more than 7.50 per copy post-coupon.

Thanks! Hopefully TERA is interested in working with you to move some copies before the switch over.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Yep, we're still locking down the schedule but I'll let you know once it is.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Great news. Maybe it was just my perception, but it seems like you were able to get better deals for this show than usual. Is this something you can comment on one way or the other?
[quote name='asheskitty']That's standard for MMOs. Steam sometimes has OMG-huge patches because some games pack most of their content into a few large (GB or more) files and steam is pretty simple/dumb in that if something changed in a file, it redownloads the whole file. This is in stark contract to the efficient rsync updating that Dropbox and others do.[/QUOTE]
This is changing with the shift over to the new data format that a lot of games are asking you to update to if you haven't launched them in a while.

[quote name='Das_Regal']Tony,

TERA is going Free to Play In February, but there are some benefits to purchasing a copy now (extra bank slots, etc). I'd like to pick one up from Amazon on the cheap, and I'm sure lots of other people would like to as well. I also need a copy for my girlfriend, so if you brought back that 2 for 2 promo, I'd jump. Otherwise/also something using the EC credit would be amazing.

Thanks! Hopefully TERA is interested in working with you to move some copies before the switch over.[/QUOTE]

We sold it for $4.99 for the past month and a half or so, we likely won't revisit a sale on this before it goes free to play.

[quote name='Genocidal']Great news. Maybe it was just my perception, but it seems like you were able to get better deals for this show than usual. Is this something you can comment on one way or the other?

This is changing with the shift over to the new data format that a lot of games are asking you to update to if you haven't launched them in a while.[/QUOTE]

Sure, the easy explanation is that it is almost always easier to get deeper discounts for a shorter time period, and 2 hours is pretty short :).

EDIT: Also, I know you guys like cheap stuff...here's free stuff!

http://www.thefreebundle.com/

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Das_Regal']Tony,

Thanks! Hopefully TERA is interested in working with you to move some copies before the switch over.[/QUOTE]

I'd go for this. With the switch to F2P and the bonuses that being a "founder" gives you, I'd be interested in giving a try if the price was right for the dd.

[quote name='Genocidal']This is changing with the shift over to the new data format that a lot of games are asking you to update to if you haven't launched them in a while.[/QUOTE]

I wish it wouldn't lock up the whole Steam client while it does this though. :(

Also, Tony, still waiting for word on Warlock and its DLCs. :) And is Battle for Graxia coming back to GameConnect?

[quote name='rke1208']Q: Any chance of seeing Guild Wars 2 on sale again this month? I was thinking of picking it up in the Xmas sale but figured it would be a likely candidate to be on sale + $5 coupon in Jan. Was just wondering if we might see it at $30 again, or even $35 w/ a coupon option. I'd pick it up for sure.[/QUOTE]

I'd also been wondering this. I already own the game, but I have three friends lined up that would eat it up at $30, or even anything below $40.

[quote name='Mac the Geek']This. I had coupons reserved for Scribblenauts and Lego LOTR, and would have pulled the trigger at $7.49 net -- basically the same deal as was available during December.

So... hey, I've got two more coupons available, and they're getting rather toasty in my pocket! Tony, let the other publishers know that they can have WB's money, if they put the right deals in place! :whee:[/QUOTE]

Lego LoTR is on sale at Impulse for 9.99. Maybe a pricematch at least?

Ok, I've been failing miserably at hunting through this thread, so it's probably better just to ask. CAGers are on which TSW server? I've been staring at Dimension Select too long, now. :p

[quote name='Correlli']Lego LoTR is on sale at Impulse for 9.99. Maybe a pricematch at least?[/QUOTE]

You should have asked him to put it on the EC at full price... and then sprung the price match on him!:lol:

[quote name='OldDaedalus']Ok, I've been failing miserably at hunting through this thread, so it's probably better just to ask. CAGers are on which TSW server? I've been staring at Dimension Select too long, now. :p[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter, you can play with anyone from any server in TSW.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']No plans yet, I'll hit up Ubi though.[/quote]
I'd love to see you bring back some $4.99 deals from Ubisoft like Amazon had on Christmas day. I was unable to use my Ubisoft coupon to get one of those games for free because I didn't have Internet access on Christmas.

Tony,

Maybe I missed it but did Sega get back to you? Would really like to pick up the other half of Shogun 2. Fall of the Samurai I think its called. But I'm surprised they wouldn't at least want to get the Sonic games on the EC. I'd pick up Generations for the right price ($10 after coupon).

I think some of the other folks have mentioned a Dead Space bundle, since the third one is coming soon.

As far as the preorder promo is concerned I would go for the Amazon credit, so it could be used on anything. I basically do all my non food shopping on Amazon, so I'd use it for sure.

Thanks

[quote name='oscargrouch']Tony,

Maybe I missed it but did Sega get back to you? Would really like to pick up the other half of Shogun 2. Fall of the Samurai I think its called. But I'm surprised they wouldn't at least want to get the Sonic games on the EC. I'd pick up Generations for the right price ($10 after coupon).

I think some of the other folks have mentioned a Dead Space bundle, since the third one is coming soon.

As far as the preorder promo is concerned I would go for the Amazon credit, so it could be used on anything. I basically do all my non food shopping on Amazon, so I'd use it for sure.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there is Shogun 2 Rise of the Samurai, Shogun 2, and Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai, each about 400 years apart give or take.

And totally off topic, but I grew up in Woodbridge, VA. Not a city I've seen mentioned too much :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back