Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asheskitty']Quoted for Truth![/QUOTE]
Thanks! :)

So, my list for TONY would include:
Dark Souls: PTD;
Borderlands 2 (not cheap enough to suit me yet - especially when we know Season Pass DLC & Non-Season DLC is coming);
Sleeping Dogs (not cheap enough to suit me yet - as there's 6 months worth of DLC coming);
Max Payne 3 (not cheap enough to suit me yet);
Torchlight 2 (if we could ever sign developer Runic Games and/or publisher Perfect World);
Dishonored (if he could EVER sign Bethesda);
Krater (if he could ever sign FatShark);
and probably some others I can't think of. :p

[quote name='N_B']Wow, 300! I'd never have that many games on Steam unless they were free. Have you played all of those games or do you trade for the profit?

Since no credit card company would allow 27 chargebacks in such a short time period, I'd guess the card was stolen and later reported as such.

Yep, that's the Steam I know.[/QUOTE]

Can you take the off-topic Steam/whatever bashing to another thread (or preferably the GOG forums where they make it an Olympic sport)? It's getting old. Better yet I can just put you on ignore. Point remains this thread is about discussing Amazon deals and the occasional commentary on relative prices/game quality. Don't think we need people launching into diatribes that go on and on for pages.

1st time posting on this forum just want to say thank you to Tony for the great deals and thanks for this awesome community which is always very helpful. Anyways i purchased the Square pack and have no need for the $5 off Hitman preorder so here is the code.

9VCX-HXY6C5-MV25JL

My suggestion for Tony on deals (totally self-centered),

I'm trying to get a cheap Steam Key for "Dark Sector" -- it's a super old game. I still want it. I'd gladly pay 2.50 for it.

Own most of these games already so I just need the following:

Just Cause 1
Quantum Conundrum
Hitman Blood Money

I am looking to pay 5 dollars total (via paypal) for this 3 game package. PM me if you have it!

[quote name='tjs09']You know, as much as I would love to have an absolutely gripping discussion on the hidden evils of Valve's business model, I'd much rather discuss the sale today.

Consider me officially withdrawn from this conflict

:)[/QUOTE]

Please stop quoting this NB guy, it does no good for me to have added him to my ignore list if people keep quoting him. Do we all need to flood Cheapy's inbox to get rid of this one too? If it isn't on topic, there's no need for it here. There are plenty of Steam threads on CAG where people can complain.

P.S. Amazing deal, but alas I have all of them. :lol: I'll also repost for an update on the 1c stuff.

thanks for all the hardwork Tony!
hoping for some nice new deals for preorders (or deals on the new games)

hoping to cash in some credits :D

Also throwing in my discount code for Hitman Absolution on the PC - already have it pre-ordered for PS3.

Hitman Absolution $5 pre-order discount - 9VLT-NRXT65-T38PS4

UPDATE 1:30 PST: We have about 40 minutes worth of keys left...velocity picked up. It is now a race against the clock. Square is working on getting us keys as we speak, and we hope to have them in hand sooooooon!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='D1987']1st time posting on this forum just want to say thank you to Tony for the great deals and thanks for this awesome community which is always very helpful. Anyways i purchased the Square pack and have no need for the $5 off Hitman preorder so here is the code.

9VCX-HXY6C5-MV25JL[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Chris22783']Also throwing in my discount code for Hitman Absolution on the PC - already have it pre-ordered for PS3.

Hitman Absolution $5 pre-order discount - 9VLT-NRXT65-T38PS4[/QUOTE]

[Hops into true CAG mode]
Can those 2 H:A codes be double-stacked? ;)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']UPDATE 1:30 PST: We have about 40 minutes worth of keys left...velocity picked up. It is now a race against the clock. Square is working on getting us keys as we speak, and we hope to have them in hand sooooooon!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

nice, just got home from work, so i wont have to wait, yay! :lol: thanks for the deal

[quote name='Das_Regal']I'm trying to get a cheap Steam Key for "Dark Sector" -- it's a super old game. I still want it. I'd gladly pay 2.50 for it.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure this is available for free on Gamersgate's Void service.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']UPDATE 1:30 PST: We have about 40 minutes worth of keys left...velocity picked up. It is now a race against the clock. Square is working on getting us keys as we speak, and we hope to have them in hand sooooooon!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Squeenix should've ALSO put Sleeping Dogs in THIS $10 pack. ;)

great deal to bad i only missing
Quantum Conundrum
Supreme Commander 2
is worth picking it up for theese 2
if no needs them i give 3$ for both of them pm me

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Here's an odd question. Do you all find you make a ton more revenue (both Amazon and the publishers) from crazy promos like this or is it more like 'oops, maybe we went too low?' Hopefully it's the former and we see more deep savings like this in the future from other publishers via Amazon.

I've tried twice to order this, but I get this each time after selecting my method of payment:

We're sorry!
An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured, we're working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. If you were trying to make a purchase, please check Your Account to confirm that the order was placed. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I looked all through my account and there's nothing about this order being placed, so I hope it doesn't show up later somehow and charge me twice.

I managed to purchase the bundle about 10 minutes ago and only used the Last Remeant code. I can't access the other codes because I keep getting an error :cry:

[quote name='LinHongJun']Thanks, Tony.

But I still can't view CDKEYs in Games and Software Library.
This is something like what happened in my primary account. All CDKEYs disappeared. Even I tried to purchase new games, I can't see "View CDKEY" buttons. I contacted CS before but they can't help me on this and I have to make a refund.

But now I want the games because I help my friends to buy them. They are waiting.

Is there any technique(database? page load?) limitation on purchases or CDKEYs holding?[/QUOTE]

I'm having the same problem. I clicked to see my keys after I ordered and they showed up. I came back to my downloads page a few minutes later and they disappeared even though I haven't had a chance to use any of them yet.

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like:

vzEBG.png

Yea, I bought the pack yesterday and the codes are unavailable for me as well (they don't even show up in my library, but they did yesterday). So I'm guessing the service is just down atm as even old codes that I've already viewed/used don't show up atm

[quote name='bob_793']It says unavailable for me :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Same thing is happening to me. Anyways here is a $5 off Hitman Absolution if anyone is interested:

9V6F-QBBTGM-2NQY8D

W[quote name='Mooby']Here's an odd question. Do you all find you make a ton more revenue (both Amazon and the publishers) from crazy promos like this or is it more like 'oops, maybe we went too low?' Hopefully it's the former and we see more deep savings like this in the future from other publishers via Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Ask this again tomorrow and I'll be able to answer in depth. I'm putting out fires right now :).

[quote name='windwakr']I've tried twice to order this, but I get this each time after selecting my method of payment:

Sorry about that dude, you should be fine, but in the event you're not contact CS and they'll get you sorted for sure.

I looked all through my account and there's nothing about this order being placed, so I hope it doesn't show up later somehow and charge me twice.[/QUOTE]

If it does contact CS and they'll get you sorted. Sorry about that dude, our systems are all getting hammered.

[quote name='Palinn']Rats! I waited too long and the pack is unavailable again. :cry:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='esq373']I managed to purchase the bundle about 10 minutes ago and only used the Last Remeant code. I can't access the other codes because I keep getting an error :cry:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bob_793']It says unavailable for me :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

[quote name='Miranda']I'm having the same problem. I clicked to see my keys after I ordered and they showed up. I came back to my downloads page a few minutes later and they disappeared even though I haven't had a chance to use any of them yet.

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like:

vzEBG.png
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='despair1991']Yea, I bought the pack yesterday and the codes are unavailable for me as well (they don't even show up in my library, but they did yesterday). So I'm guessing the service is just down atm as even old codes that I've already viewed/used don't show up atm[/QUOTE]

I'm submitting these issues to our tech team right now. As well as trying to get more keys in the system.

Stay tuned guys.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='amazon dvg deals']w

ask this again tomorrow and i'll be able to answer in depth. I'm putting out fires right now :).

If it does contact cs and they'll get you sorted. Sorry about that dude, our systems are all getting hammered.

I'm submitting these issues to our tech team right now. As well as trying to get more keys in the system.

Stay tuned guys.

Cheers,
tony[/quote]
thank you!

Im sorry if Im not suppose to post this here:

Anyone want to sell their Hitman: BM for a dollar?

Or preferably, I will trade EDGE or Bitrip Runner or any $1 game in steam for HT:BM.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Ask this again tomorrow and I'll be able to answer in depth. I'm putting out fires right now :).
[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing Paddington and the hamsters are doing a good job of putting the fire out, yes? :D

Does anybody have keys for these 3 or want to split the rest of the bundle with me? I only want Just Cause 1, Supreme Commander 2 and Quantum Conundrum. I have all the other ones. I'm willing to pay $4.30 through paypal. PM me.

Tony, I think I speak for everyone here when I tell you how appreciated it is to keep us constantly updated through the day when there's a problem. It goes a long way toward keeping customer anxiety down. Everyone would still be freaking out cause their codes disappeared or cause they missed the deal cause they tried to buy it mere hours after it went live just to get an out of codes message. Anywhere else wouldn't have done anything other than replied days later to any emails they were sent. Rock on.

P.S. Is this Amazon's way of dealing with not being able to add multiple digital games to the shopping cart, by just bundling more and more games together....cause I think we're all fine with that. :)

It's funny that the amount of keys was measured in time and not number. Really a great package deal; I'd be tempted to pick up some as gifts if there were a nice way to wrap individual keys, even in a bare-bones type of email template like Steam does.

Too bad we've been discouraged from responding to anti-Valve partisan straw-grabbing. It was amusing.

Well... got the bundle, the best I've seen in my life, thank you Tony, awesome work, and... I hope this isn't the best bundle you'll ever do.

BTW I'm curious too about how well this bundle sale goes or it's just too low... I ll be reading the forums tomorrow to know!

I was having trouble earlier and couldn't buy it but waited a few minutes and my order went though. I don't own any of these games yet but I'm very excited for this deal. :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']W

[/QUOTE]

Will do, good luck! Hopefully both Amazon and Squeenix are making some good money on this to encourage repeats.

I'm not surprised that Amazon ran out of steam keys for the bundle, this deal is way too good to pass up and it was posted everywhere, that is why I bought mine early this morning

HAs anyone played JC after playing JC2 first? Is it worth the time since JC2 is so good?

And, going to have to trim back on these deals, but couldn't on this one. Just bought a third car(errrr....a Truck/twin baby hauler
Tahoequarterf.jpg
). And ordered too many goodies to only have it one day(K&N FIPK, billet emblems, and grille, covercraft sunshade)

Tony, go on vacation again.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Tony, I think I speak for everyone here when I tell you how appreciated it is to keep us constantly updated through the day when there's a problem. It goes a long way toward keeping customer anxiety down. Everyone would still be freaking out cause their codes disappeared or cause they missed the deal cause they tried to buy it mere hours after it went live just to get an out of codes message. Anywhere else wouldn't have done anything other than replied days later to any emails they were sent. Rock on.

P.S. Is this Amazon's way of dealing with not being able to add multiple digital games to the shopping cart, by just bundling more and more games together....cause I think we're all fine with that. :)[/QUOTE]

Hey dude,

Thanks for the kind words man. I want everyone to be as super excited about these deals as I am so I try to make sure that when stuff breaks you know what's up.

By the way, apparently what happened with the library (I'll post this separately so people see it). Was that, while I was ramming a bazillion keys into the database in 30 minutes I broke something which affected the entire database, including key storage.

Sorry for the brief scare but the developers assure me all looks good now.

[quote name='igame']This is by far the deal of the year, but it is out of stock.[/QUOTE]

We'll have more in stock soon (read tomorrow at the latest).

[quote name='LazyTriangle']I'm not surprised that Amazon ran out of steam keys for the bundle, this deal is way too good to pass up and it was posted everywhere, that is why I bought mine early this morning[/QUOTE]

Can you link through to some places it was posted, or communicate what happened with the keys on those forums? I'm trying to get the word out but it seems to be everywhere.

Anyone mind updating the Slickdeals crew?

Cheers,
Tony

FYI EVERYONE:

Apparently what happened with the library (I'll post this separately so people see it). Was that, while I was ramming a bazillion keys into the database in 30 minutes I broke something which affected the entire database, including key storage.

Cheers,
Tony

Deal of the year? I'm hoping Tony would top this on the winter sale beating Steam winter sale for the second time around! Go Tony and the hamsters!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI EVERYONE:

Apparently what happened with the library (I'll post this separately so people see it). Was that, while I was ramming a bazillion keys into the database in 30 minutes I broke something which affected the entire database, including key storage.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested to know how the "suits" react to something like that. Are they pissed cause you broke it, or super excited that they are moving so much "product" that they can't keep up with demand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back