Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We won't be matching that due to upcoming promotional plans...like DA:U+DA2+Mass Effect 1+Mass Effect 2 for $14.99 and KOA + All DLCs for 80% off ($11.99).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Me want that KOA bundle!!:applause: The DA and Mass Effect look good, but i only need DA:U :cry:

[quote name='gomikeoh']Wow thanks for that info.

If the IP is really being auctioned off...it makes me concerned for future installments of the game (in the very slight chance there would be one...) because I doubt the original creators and visionaries of the game would be there to front the hedge.[/QUOTE]

Well, there wasn't going to be a future under the current state of affairs so auctioning it off is for the best. Just hope whoever gets it puts the Steam version on sale!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals'][quote name='sunghost']Tony, you didn't answer our question lol. Is there a chance the DLC will be discounted individually for KoA next month?

Oh lol, right now we don't have it planned.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Well, I think it should be planned.

Glad that we got that settled.

(Of course, I'm a guy who just paid $15.99 for the game all by itself. Silly me.)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']For those excited about NFS games, we'll have a good deal on them next week.[/QUOTE]

Do you have more info about that?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI guys, this deal is coming up next month, just want to level set everyone's expectations there. I was just telling you in advance because of the PM request, and the feedback we've gotten when we PM something and then promote it later.

Also, for those who were asking about Dr. Who.

I got approval to run this bundle for $4.99:

1. Murder, She Wrote

2. House, MD -
3. The Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes 2
4. Immortal Lovers
5. Pretty in Pink
6. Mean Girls
7. Clueless
8. Fever Frenzy
9. The Tuttles Madcap Misadventures
10. Doctor Who: City of the Daleks
11. Doctor Who: Blood of the Cybermen
12. Doctor Who: TARDIS
13. Doctor Who: Shadows of the Vashta Nerada
14. Doctor Who: The Gunpowder Plot

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Wow! Awesome, day one purchase for me!

One question about GOTY year editions and achievements (concerning Steam specifically.)

I finally bit the bullet and bought Sleeping Dogs. Demo was the most fun I have had in a game in a LONG time...

If a GOTY version comes out (probably will because of all the DLC) later and when I do buy that, do my achievements transfer over to the GOTY edition?

[quote name='gomikeoh']If the IP is really being auctioned off...it makes me concerned for future installments of the game (in the very slight chance there would be one...) because I doubt the original creators and visionaries of the game would be there to front the hedge.[/QUOTE]
It definitely is. Call ahead and reserve your seat!

You missed the first auctioning of the company's physical assets, but there's still time to make the second one on the 23rd.

[quote name='beastof259']Hey Tony, any chance we can get a PM for Hitman: Absolution Professional Edition ? Amazons current price is sitting at $62.99.

GameFly : $44.99
http://www.gamefly.com/Download-Hitman-Absolution-Professional-Edition/5004112/#.UH3a0MXAdRQ

GameStop/Impulsedrive : $49.99
http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W3001

Steam Store: $53.99
http://store.steampowered.com/app/203140/

Also anyone know if the Amazon version include the Hitman: Sniper Challenge ?[/QUOTE]

Left unanswered( no worries i know Tony you must be swarm by questions ). Im not expecting Amazon to make the same deal GameStop/Impulsedrive is doing which is Hitman Absolution Professional Edition + 3 hitman tittles + sniper challenge + TRG rifle but it sure could use a price drop i think because currently its not even in the same ball park.

That being said, any word on a Halloween themed pack ? maybe some zombie/horror/vampire games? I would love to see Dead Island Game of the Year, Alan Wake and The Walking Dead in a bundle. :cool:

Thank you.

[quote name='MysterD']NICE!!!
{does a happy dance}
Will there be a percent-off coupon going on at that time? :p

EDIT:
I probably shouldn't do a dance...it'll probably leave me open for a BRUTAL enemy in that game to slaughter me! :p
And then they'll dance on my grave!
Looking forward to that BRUTALLY HARD game.

EDIT 2:
@Tony
Do you sell special monitor insurance? :p
This is one of those controller-tossing and "scream & cuss at the screen" games, from what I've heard![/QUOTE]

As long as you dance while holding a massive shield in front of you, you'll be fine!

[quote name='jatan11t']As long as you dance while holding a massive shield in front of you, you'll be fine![/QUOTE]

Should I make sure my timing is right, too?

[quote name='Cloulien']Any chance of a steam PAYDAY The Heist - Wolfpack DLC pricematch?[/QUOTE]

Was this ever matched or did I miss out already?

[quote name='gomikeoh']One question about GOTY year editions and achievements (concerning Steam specifically.)

I finally bit the bullet and bought Sleeping Dogs. Demo was the most fun I have had in a game in a LONG time...

If a GOTY version comes out (probably will because of all the DLC) later and when I do buy that, do my achievements transfer over to the GOTY edition?[/QUOTE]

There's no way to know that right now, some do, some don't. For example the save game from Arkham Asylum vanilla wasn't compatible with the GOTY, but that changed with Arkham City (atleast on consoles). I guess it would, but keep in mind that Squeenix usually doesn't release GOTY/Complete Editions of the games they publish, they didn't with JC2 and DEHR.

[quote name='MysterD']NICE!!!
{does a happy dance}
Will there be a percent-off coupon going on at that time? :p

EDIT:
I probably shouldn't do a dance...it'll probably leave me open for a BRUTAL enemy in that game to slaughter me! :p
And then they'll dance on my grave!
Looking forward to that BRUTALLY HARD game.

EDIT 2:
@Tony
Do you sell special monitor insurance? :p
This is one of those controller-tossing and "scream & cuss at the screen" games, from what I've heard![/QUOTE]
The difficulty of this game is REALLY overstated.

[quote name='jrodri86']There's no way to know that right now, some do, some don't. For example the save game from Arkham Asylum vanilla wasn't compatible with the GOTY, but that changed with Arkham City (atleast on consoles). I guess it would, but keep in mind that Squeenix usually doens't release GOTY/Complete Editions of the games they publish, they didn't with JC2 and DEHR.[/QUOTE]

Arkham Asylum PC requires G4WL, though.
I'm not a fan w/ dealing w/ G4WL - as DLC often doesn't go on sale through there.

Sleeping Dogs requires Steam.
It's VERY easy to buy DLC as you go; or DLC Packs; or some kind of Complete Pack - especially when they on sale.

[quote name='TraBuch']The difficulty of this game is REALLY overstated.[/QUOTE]

It's difficult if you rush in without thinking - but if you're very cautious, keep your shield up, and move slowly into new areas, you won't be as frustrated. You'll still die a lot no matter what, especially with bosses until you learn their patterns.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Capra Demon is easy, run in up the stairs kill the dogs, then deal with him. Just avoid the attack he does that is 2 handed.[/QUOTE]

Capra Demon was one of the hardest bosses for me, especially since I was playing a no-vit sorcerer. One hit killed me, and I couldn't block his attack without being staggered. I only managed to beat it in NG by taking advantage of the bugged area on the overhang up the stairs.

The toughest bosses for me in NG were Capra Demon, Gwyndolin, Knight Artorias, and Stray Demon. Apparently people have trouble with Ornstein/Smough and Ceaseless Discharge, but I didn't. Ceaseless Discharge was especially easy - I think I cast Dark Bead 3 times and killed him before he ever attacked me.

[quote name='Mageshadow']How long will this 25% code last?[/QUOTE]

Most likely ends Saturday night; that's when the usual "Deal of the Week" ends

Tony, I purchased The Rockin' Dead back in September when you had it on sale. I still can't get it to download using the downloader.
Everytime I've tried it downloads a 1.37 MB file that crashes when I try to run it.

Has anyone else purchased this and had the same problem?

[quote name='sunasun']Tony, I purchased The Rockin' Dead back in September when you had it on sale. I still can't get it to download using the downloader.
Everytime I've tried it downloads a 1.37 MB file that crashes when I try to run it.

Has anyone else purchased this and had the same problem?[/QUOTE]

I bought it too so I will check now.

EDIT: Just checked and mine does the same thing. Only lets me DL the 1.37 installer and then errors out after that. Can we get a fix Tony?

[quote name='r9800pro']I have a problem with Origin store (Also THQ and Ubishop or any Digital River Service crap) that gives me the famous "Payment Authorisation Failed" error when I try to buy anything even free DLCs lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a bit of work to get that fixed, but definitely possible :3

[quote name='r9800pro'] The weird thing is that Origin only took $0.99 from my Credit Card (pre-paid Visa) :whistle2:#

Is this normal for pre-orders on Origin or something ?[/QUOTE]
My FIFA 13 preorder was similar in that I was only finally billed the amount when the game was actually released. I preordered it 3 months before.

[quote name='daninoz']Do you know if the Oct 30 date for NBA 2K13 is for sure?[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that the PC version of that is a cut down product with worse graphics etc.

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum.

I just wanted to know if there is news on the previously mentioned Call of Duty-Deal/bundle?

OR does still anybody sell MW3 for like 15$ to 20$? If so, let me know. ;)

Thanks

[quote name='Luckz']Yeah, it's a bit of work to get that fixed, but definitely possible :3

My FIFA 13 preorder was similar in that I was only finally billed the amount when the game was actually released. I preordered it 3 months before.

[/QUOTE]

I am pre-loading Medal Of Honor Warfighter Digital Deluxe now and the serial already appeared for me, but still didn't get charged yet !

I tried to buy Mirror's Edge DLC from Origin and got the same error "Payment Authorisation Failed" lol

When I was browsing Origin I saw Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3 pre-orders and the release date is February 2013. Amazon states December 31st 2013 for both games, maybe you should tell them to fix that Tony :)

Hey Tony, how about a GamersGate pricematch on the Assassins creed games that are on sale? I'd love to buy the bundle from Amazon as I prefer it and I've never used GG

[quote name='derintrel']Hey Tony, how about a GamersGate pricematch on the Assassins creed games that are on sale? I'd love to buy the bundle from Amazon as I prefer it and I've never used GG[/QUOTE]

Gamersgate is international. They don't match those.

[quote name='derintrel']Hey Tony, how about a GamersGate pricematch on the Assassins creed games that are on sale? I'd love to buy the bundle from Amazon as I prefer it and I've never used GG[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't price match international sites like GamersGate, GMG etc.

That said, there's nothing wrong with or shady about Gamers Gate if you want to buy the AC games. You might just get Uplay keys anyway (I know you do for AC:R)

[quote name='Syntax Error']That said, there's nothing wrong with or shady about Gamers Gate if you want to buy the AC games. You might just get Uplay keys anyway (I know you do for AC:R)[/QUOTE]

MOST of Ubi's PC games since AC2 do require UPlay (formerly UbiSoft Game Launcher).
It pretty much acts A LOT like Steam & Origin now, since they changed it & improved it.
Once activated, some games of theirs can be played in offline mode...except Silent Hunter 5 and HAWX2 (bleh!).

I have had ACR Gold for a little bit from GG - yes, it requires UPlay.

Examples of other Ubi games that do require UPlay include - Driver: SF, AC2, ACB, From Dust.

Wanted to remark that I just had Amazon CS resolve a problem to my satisfaction that I had with the 25% code. They were flexible and went above and beyond where they could have put their foot down. Can't recall if I've ever had to deal with ACS in the many years I've been a customer, but I experienced what I've always heard about it: it's excellent.

icon14.gif

[quote name='dfg']Wanted to remark that I just had Amazon CS resolve a problem to my satisfaction that I had with the 25% code. They were flexible and went above and beyond where they could have put their foot down. Can't recall if I've ever had to deal with ACS in the many years I've been a customer, but I experienced what I've always heard about it: it's excellent.

icon14.gif
[/QUOTE]

I never dealt w/ Amazon CS for PC game issues/Amazon DVG issues, but they were great one-time I dealt w/ them.

There was a $3 off Amazon MP3 downloads coupon out there...and I was silly, blind, stupid, and didn't realize yet that the promo-deal was dead for one day already...
Until the CS guy told me the end-date was mentioned right on the page, after I asked why it wouldn't work.

[slaps self upside head]

The CS guy decided to go ahead and manually added $3 Amazon MP3 to my account.

It's stuff like you mention and I mention that makes Amazon's CS so great.

icon14.gif

Cant pass up on syndicate for $3.53 on PC. Heard mixed things about this game but cant pass it up for that cheap. Any reason why 25% off isnt working on it though?

[quote name='TartacustheGr8']Cant pass up on syndicate for $3.53 on PC. Heard mixed things about this game but cant pass it up for that cheap. Any reason why 25% off isnt working on it though?[/QUOTE]
It's a DVD-ROM, not a digital download. 25% is for digital purchases only.

[quote name='TartacustheGr8']Cant pass up on syndicate for $3.53 on PC. Heard mixed things about this game but cant pass it up for that cheap. Any reason why 25% off isnt working on it though?[/QUOTE]

While I liked Syndicate FPS, I never finished it...
Thanks for reminding me that I should.
Game can be quite tough, at times...

Trying to use the code for Xcom: Enemy Unknown digital download on Amazon and its saying the code is invalid...is this deal dead?

[quote name='beelzibub']Trying to use the code for Xcom: Enemy Unknown digital download on Amazon and its saying the code is invalid...is this deal dead?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't work for Xcom or Borderlands 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back