Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI guys coupon is dead, NFS deal starts tomorrow :)

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Any new coupons coming? ;)

Is NFS: The Run still gonna be hanging out w/ Pres Lincoln? ;)

924new5features534x224.jpg

[quote name='beelzibub']Doh, guess I skimmed over that part.....haha, oh well. Thanks for wakin me up! Don't I feel like a moron....[/QUOTE]

A lot of important information stuff from Tony purposely resides in Post #1 and 2 in this thread, so you know. :D
Welcome to the Amazon DVG CAG Clan! :D

[quote name='Luckz']
Don't forget that the PC version of that is a cut down product with worse graphics etc.[/QUOTE]

If the PC assets are the same as console version, I'd doubt the graphics will look worse on the PC. Even with some tweaks in the right places, you can make it look MUCH better.
If the PC assets are High-Res and HD, while the console isn't - it'll be an absolutely blowout on the PC version. Even more so true, if you do some tweaking in the right places.

If you are getting good performance on a PC version of a game (think 30 frames per sec or above consistently), you likely should and can pump up some EXTRA technical stuff via NVidia/ATI Control Panel, if necessary.
That will blow away what the consoles are doing graphically, with their aging hardware.

This is what I do for MOST of my PC games:
I tweak as much in the in-game graphics settings;
Then tweak in the NVidia/ATI Control Panel (since I have NVidia video card, I'd tweak in NVidia Control Panel);
& Finally in any INI files, if I feel this step is possible and necessary.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You know it!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

How about Need for Speed Most Wanted LE for a Jackson ? :lol:

j/k

By the way, what are the deals for tomorrow in detail ?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You know it!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Ummm...Is it Sunday yet? :p
I'm ready for NFS: The Run for ONE WHOLE Lincoln! :D

BTW - I'm ready for whenever you drop that Dark: Souls PTD deal for a whole JACKSON!
20_bill.jpg

[quote name='r9800pro']How about Need for Speed Most Wanted LE for a Jackson ? :lol:
[/QUOTE]
That'd be pretty good for a NEW game - NFS: MW 2012 from Criterion. ;)

Wouldn't be a good deal, if it was NFS: Most Wanted 2005 by Black Box ;)
Love that old racer, BTW.
Need_for_Speed_Most_Wanted_Box_Art.jpg

Excuse me for not wanting to read the last couple of weeks or so of pages I missed, but is there any news on the strat first or 1C bundle? Or are those two completely out of the window? I have been following amazon and seen a couple of other deals in the meantime but have not checked CAG for a while now. Thanks.

[quote name='MysterD']That'd be pretty good for a NEW game - NFS: MW 2012 from Criterion. ;)

Wouldn't be a good deal, if it was NFS: Most Wanted 2005 by Black Box ;)
Love that old racer, BTW.
Need_for_Speed_Most_Wanted_Box_Art.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's why I mentioned "LE" :D

By the way, NFS MW from 2005 was an awesome game, still love the music score

Well, the fact that the coupon doesn't work anymore may actually be GOOD for me. I have been waffling back and forth on Sleeping Dogs so much for the past few days... that when I just read it wasn't valid anymore I was almost relieved I didn't have to think about it anymore.

(I know it's a great game, backlog is huge though and with all the DLC coing out for it I may be better off waiting for a GOTY edition of it)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We won't be matching that due to upcoming promotional plans...like DA:U+DA2+Mass Effect 1+Mass Effect 2 for $14.99 and KOA + All DLCs for 80% off ($11.99). Cheers, Tony[/QUOTE]
When are these deals scheduled?...

& is Syndicate worth the $8 shipped?

[quote name='sunasun']poor Washington is always left out.
1+dollar.jpg

100+dollar+bill1-500x440.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This is hilarious :lol:

Maybe Tony should make Amazon put some good games for a Washington each :applause:

[quote name='MC Kage']When are these deals scheduled?...

& is Syndicate worth the $8 shipped?[/QUOTE]

Tony said next month for KOA deal

Syndicate is good but short and tbh I think it would be better for ~$5 mark

1+dollar.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Round up 3 more of those Washingtons and you could get your hands on KoA soon! (show spoiler)

[quote name='r9800pro']Tony said next month for KOA deal

Syndicate is good but short and tbh I think it would be better for ~$5 mark[/QUOTE]

Appreciate it. Will just wait for KoA then.

[quote name='Mooby']$12 for everything Amalur might just be low enough to tolerate Origin![/QUOTE]
This!

Is the PC version any better than 360?

[quote name='MysterD']If the PC assets are the same as console version, I'd doubt the graphics will look worse on the PC. Even with some tweaks in the right places, you can make it look MUCH better.
If the PC assets are High-Res and HD, while the console isn't - it'll be an absolutely blowout on the PC version. Even more so true, if you do some tweaking in the right places.

If you are getting good performance on a PC version of a game (think 30 frames per sec or above consistently), you likely should and can pump up some EXTRA technical stuff via NVidia/ATI Control Panel, if necessary.
That will blow away what the consoles are doing graphically, with their aging hardware.
[/QUOTE]

Since the mouse moves much faster than a controller through the 3d space by default, the PC version needs to run at 60 fps to look as nice as the console versions at 30fps, as screen tearing & framerate problems are easily more noticeable. The fixed hardware on the consoles is not comparable to the exact same PC specs, as the PC games have to meet the lowest common denominator. The consoles are fixed, therefore the devs can crank out alot more since they know what the end user will have. Of course, I game on a 32" HDTV where the framerate & mouse speed issues are much more apparent.

[quote name='twztid13']Since the mouse moves much faster than a controller through the 3d space by default, the PC version needs to run at 60 fps to look as nice as the console versions at 30fps, as screen tearing & framerate problems are easily more noticeable. The fixed hardware on the consoles is not comparable to the exact same PC specs, as the PC games have to meet the lowest common denominator. The consoles are fixed, therefore the devs can crank out alot more since they know what the end user will have. Of course, I game on a 32" HDTV where the framerate & mouse speed issues are much more apparent.[/QUOTE]
While 60FPS (or sometimes above) is MOST desirable on PC, I have no problems w/ PC games sticking at 30 FPS as long as its buttery smooth and was BUILT for it.

Since we were talking NBA2K series for PC - I don't know who the hell would use KB/mouse for a basketball game. That's a game I'd use my X360 for Windows Controller on - same goes for most platformers (think POP, AC series) & brawlers (think SF and MK series), as well.

I have a 23'' monitor for my PC games and I'm sitting RIGHT in front of it, pretty much hugging my monitor. On a console game - you're normally a little distance away; often sitting on a couch. Also, you'd expect lower FOV on console games, as well - where PC swings in the opposite direction (90+).

[quote name='r9800pro']
By the way, NFS MW from 2005 was an awesome game, still love the music score[/QUOTE]
Agreed.

[quote name='twztid13']This!

Is the PC version any better than 360?[/QUOTE]

I have KOA:R on PC - it runs great & smooth as silk on my PC (i7 950; 1 GB of GF GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 7 64-bit).

I maxed that game out on its in-game graphics settings AND also pumped up my NVidia settings through the roof, as well.
I am able to do that w/ most of my PC games, BTW.

[quote name='Mooby']$12 for everything Amalur might just be low enough to tolerate Origin![/QUOTE]

Bah, Origin is NOT that bad.

It just lacks A LOT of features that STEAM has spoiled us with, namely - especially when it FORCES its client-program to run in the background for specific games.

Bah, Origin is NOT that bad.

It just lacks A LOT of features that STEAM has spoiled us with, namely - especially when it FORCES its client-program to run in the background for specific games.

[quote name='KaOTiK']I still standby that Tony meant a penny when he said for a Lincoln.[/QUOTE]

I could get down w/ NFS: The Run for a whole PENNY.

penny.jpg

EDIT:
1+dollar.jpg

[/QUOTE]

So is poor JEFFERSON:

2DollarBill-300x126.jpg

[quote name='MysterD']I could get down w/ NFS: The Run for a whole PENNY.

penny.jpg

[/QUOTE]

If Origin could manage to get one of those during their promotions it would probably be considered progress.

[quote name='MysterD']
I have a 23'' monitor for my PC games and I'm sitting RIGHT in front of it, pretty much hugging my monitor.[/QUOTE]

Only way to be a true PC gamer!

penny.jpg

EDIT:

So is poor JEFFERSON:

2DollarBill-300x126.jpg
[/QUOTE]
tumblr_lb2d8ecsEM1qdptr8o1_500.jpg

Don't forget Obama
obama_3_dollar_front_lg.jpg

And I used a bunch of these for the Origin Fall Harvest Sale.....
zero-dollar.jpg

[quote name='MysterD']If the PC assets are the same as console version, I'd doubt the graphics will look worse on the PC. Even with some tweaks in the right places, you can make it look MUCH better.
If the PC assets are High-Res and HD, while the console isn't - it'll be an absolutely blowout on the PC version. Even more so true, if you do some tweaking in the right places.[/QUOTE]
If the game was free, ...you get a game for free!
If pigs could fly, you could book a flight on one.
If...

Of course you can hypothetically replace files from the PC version with modified files (probably from the console version, to re-add what was removed for the PC release?), but otherwise the PC version seems fairly troubled.

[quote name='aus_nacht']I'm broke but I finally gave in and tried to use SQRLUVOC but it says it's invalid. Not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed.[/QUOTE]

My friend used it a few minutes before it expired (on S. Dogs). We were of course completely oblivious to the notion that it would eventually expire.

[quote name='Luckz']If the game was free, ...you get a game for free!
If pigs could fly, you could book a flight on one.
If...

Of course you can hypothetically replace files from the PC version with modified files (probably from the console version, to re-add what was removed for the PC release?), but otherwise the PC version seems fairly troubled.
[/QUOTE]
Wait...did they remove some in-game graphics features like Driver: SF did when it got ported to PC?

[quote name='twztid13']Since the mouse moves much faster than a controller through the 3d space by default, the PC version needs to run at 60 fps to look as nice as the console versions at 30fps, as screen tearing & framerate problems are easily more noticeable. The fixed hardware on the consoles is not comparable to the exact same PC specs, as the PC games have to meet the lowest common denominator. The consoles are fixed, therefore the devs can crank out alot more since they know what the end user will have. Of course, I game on a 32" HDTV where the framerate & mouse speed issues are much more apparent.[/QUOTE]

If you're that sensitive to framerate and response issues, I recommend not playing on an HDTV. TVs always have more input lag than gaming monitors. In fact, you should buy a 120 Hz monitor. That way, you don't get any tearing and you don't get any input lag caused by V-Sync. Everything just feels more responsive too because your screen is refreshing twice as fast as regular screens.

Also, a PC game does not need to run at 60 FPS to look equal to a console game running at 30 FPS. That's ridiculous. A PC game running at 30 FPS + 1920x1080 + tons of AA + AF + AO > console game running at 30 FPS. What you mean to say is that console games are better optimized and run at more stable framerates than PC games (which isn't always true). It's increasingly common for console games to vary from 20-30 FPS (or lower, as Dark Souls can attest to).

[quote name='Jerykk']
Also, a PC game does not need to run at 60 FPS to look equal to a console game running at 30 FPS. That's ridiculous. A PC game running at 30 FPS + 1920x1080 + tons of AA + AF + AO > console game running at 30 FPS. What you mean to say is that console games are better optimized and run at more stable framerates than PC games (which isn't always true). It's increasingly common for console games to vary from 20-30 FPS (or lower, as Dark Souls can attest to).[/QUOTE]
This.

[quote name='MysterD']I have KOA:R on PC - it runs great & smooth as silk on my PC (i7 950; 1 GB of GF GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 7 64-bit). [/QUOTE]
Runs just spiffy (@1920x1200) on my much lesser X3-720BE GTX260 rig.

So is poor JEFFERSON:[/QUOTE]
Sure, NFS:TR is an awkward but *pretty* racer but it is worth more than than that -- the driving mechanics are decent and it is decently challenging -- unlike, say, NFS:Undercover. I hear there is even an unlock for the 30 FPS cap now. I am so looking forward to NFS:MW2 (at Xmas for under $20).

Don't forget the Benjamin!

And the McKinley.
225px-500gold.jpg

Or the Wilson...
US100000dollarsbillobverse.jpg

Has anything been officially announced for the nfs deal? like is it just NFS: The Run or do we get like the original most wanted, hot pursuit etc....New NFS looks legit they really SEEM to have went all out on it

this thread is a mess

I know there is a deal tomorrow
i know there is something to do with need for speed
something to do with kingdoms of amalur
something to do with dark souls
and something to do with dead presidents

but, I have no idea how to piece this information together
we really need an upcoming deals section in the main post

[quote name='tham1988']this thread is a mess

we really need an upcoming deals section in the main post[/QUOTE]

Some dead presidents are starting to like PC gaming and want to get some deals from Amazon such as NFS series, KOA and the recent Dark Souls :)

[quote name='KaOTiK']Need for Speed The Run is one of the deals for $0.01 , according to Tony who said it would be on sale for a Lincoln.[/QUOTE]

I thought he meant a Lincoln car.
1st-Lincoln-Town-Car.jpg

NFS sale begins tomorrow.
We know NFS: The Run will be $5 (a Lincoln).
We don't know yet the rest of the NFS deals.

We don't know when, but sometime down the line in distant future....
KOA:R Complete will eventually be on sale for $12;
Dark Souls: PTD will eventually be $20 (a Jackson!).

well here is a straight answer, these are the upcoming deals NFS: The Run $5, Dark Souls PTD $20, Kingdoms of Amalur + All DLC $12

now I don't know when the deals for Dark Souls and KoA are running but NFS will be on sale all of next week starting tomorrow, we are also getting a 14 game bundle with Doctor Who, Sherlock Holmes, House MD + other games in it which is also coming sometime next week.... there that should about cover it

EDIT: MysterD beat me to it

[quote name='LazyTriangle']well here is a straight answer, these are the upcoming deals NFS: The Run $5, Dark Souls PTD $20, Kingdoms of Amalur + All DLC $12

now I don't know when the deals for Dark Souls and KoA are running but NFS will be on sale all of next week starting tomorrow, we are also getting a 14 game bundle with Doctor Who, Sherlock Holmes, House MD + other games in it which is also coming sometime next week.... there that should about cover it

EDIT: MysterD beat me to it[/QUOTE]

I forgot about the Doctor Bundle.

FYI:

If I remember, if you are a resident of the UK, the Dr. Who games are Free. (Don't ask me why but I think the studio that made the games was subsidized by the government.

Still a interesting bundle though

[quote name='tham1988']anyone know if kingdoms of amalur is gonna work on steam or just origin?[/QUOTE]

It's gonna work on Desura, gamefly's app, the GOG downloader, Impulse, and Origin, but not Steam.

[quote name='voken']FYI:

If I remember, if you are a resident of the UK, the Dr. Who games are Free. (Don't ask me why but I think the studio that made the games was subsidized by the government.

Still a interesting bundle though[/QUOTE]

yes when they first came out you could download all five episodes of doctor who for free directly from the BBC website, I don't know if they are still free to download today though, maybe a uk cag can confirm this

[quote name='sunghost']It's gonna work on Desura, gamefly's app, the GOG downloader, Impulse, and Origin, but not Steam.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back