Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
already played KOA a while ago...not really interested in going back for dlc. Nice deal if you dont have it though

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']My bad dude, whenever I say "All DLC" I mean "All DLC that we sell" I'll make sure to be more explicit in the future. If we don't carry it, we can't distribute it :(.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony,

It's all good lol, it was just some people were saying how on the show they actually talked about the weapons + armor pack, and yes it makes sense that its all dlc you carry so no hard feelings, it's all good. THis is still by far the best price ever seen on this so that is a well deserved :applause: for working a deal on it. Keep up the good work Tony.

-monkeyz

P.S. basically my sentiment is that of yangwenli's

[quote name='yangwenli']... but the show hosts should research a bit more to at least look like they know what they are selling .
[/QUOTE] and we realize you didn't set up the hosts or show, presumably, that was gamespot, but if they wish to do amazon a solid they should at least know what they are talking about :lol: .

I didn't even know the Armor and Weapons DLC existed until they mentioned it on the show...I doubt it's a big game changer, only the completionist in us wants to get "ALL" DLC if possible like for DA:U or something. :)

I picked it up either way, I doubt I'd miss what's in the weapons/armor, but the show hosts should research a bit more to at least look like they know what they are selling .

I suppose gamers turned tv person is much harder to find than actors turned gamers.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']My bad dude, whenever I say "All DLC" I mean "All DLC that we sell" I'll make sure to be more explicit in the future. If we don't carry it, we can't distribute it :(.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

It's all good, Tony. Thanks for the clarification. For what it's worth, I'm going to buy it :)

[quote name='yangwenli']I didn't even know the Armor and Weapons DLC existed until they mentioned it on the show...I doubt it's a big game changer, only the completionist in us wants to get "ALL" DLC if possible like for DA:U or something. :)

I picked it up either way, I doubt I'd miss what's in the weapons/armor, but the show hosts should research a bit more to at least look like they know what they are selling .

I suppose gamers turned tv person is much harder to find than actors turned gamers.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I don't think anyone here is upset it's not there or even expected it there since you told us about the deal and what it included beforehand. I just imagine it might be a mess for Amazon CS or general sentiment amongst Gamespot viewers who watched and heard Weapons and Armor over and over again and then see it's not in the pack. So just future suggestion make sure the hosts know what they are selling! lol

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Exactly. I don't think anyone here is upset it's not there or even expected it there since you told us about the deal and what it included beforehand. I just imagine it might be a mess for Amazon CS or general sentiment amongst Gamespot viewers who watched and heard Weapons and Armor over and over again and then see it's not in the pack. So just future suggestion make sure the hosts know what they are selling! lol[/QUOTE]

No I totally agree, we hav ea feedback call on Monday...feedback will be provided lol.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='LazyTriangle']I have played the first episode so far, this is my impression: the voice acting is top notch I think the actors from the show lend their voices to the game but I'm not sure so don't call me on that. The game looks ok for an adventure game, the character models look great(especially the Dalek), the environments lack detail and are pretty straight forward and linear so there is no exploration involved. The puzzles which they are only three different kinds(match the symbols, connect the wires, move object through maze) are simple and repetitive, this wouldn't be so bad if the game didn't kept shoving them at you. There are collectibles in the form of trading cards that are littered in the levels(really easy to find) which tell you more about the characters and story from the tv shows. Not a bad game especially for the price but I would only recommended it to Doctor Who fans[/QUOTE]

Well, as a fan I think it would be a crime to pass on such a good deal. I guess I'll give them a try for this price.

Hey Tony,

I just participated in a group buy (4-pack) for Forge. The key that's given is a retail key, so my question is: since you said that you'll be getting Steam keys soon, will you be distributing Steam keys to those who previously bought?

I just wanna make sure we get Steam keys and not just retail keys, thanks! =]

[quote name='Severose']Hey Tony,

I just participated in a group buy (4-pack) for Forge. The key that's given is a retail key, so my question is: since you said that you'll be getting Steam keys soon, will you be distributing Steam keys to those who previously bought?

I just wanna make sure we get Steam keys and not just retail keys, thanks! =][/QUOTE]

Hey-O!

I didn't specify any timing on when we'd be getting the Steam keys because neither myself nor Dark Vale know when the game will be completed, and thus, ready to deliver Steam keys.

But yes, once they are available anyone who pre purchases :).

Cheers,
Tony

Hey guys,

So our little hamsters are REALLY tired. Pricing on the Amalur deal is taking a bit to flip back, I talked to my guy at EA though and he said he's cool with us leaving the deal up until the system catches up.

If you have friends on the fence or if you are still chewing on the Amalur deal you have until the price flips to pull the trigger.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='teenwolf']ah. Thank you. Sorry I brought that up then.[/QUOTE]

Don't be sorry, dude. :D
A lot of good information is in post #2 in this thread.
Always worth checking there, just so you know! :D

Picked up the Amalur pack (such an awesome price), even though I already have the base game on Origin. So if anyone wants just the base game for cheap, PM me.

Edit: Sold

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey-O!

I didn't specify any timing on when we'd be getting the Steam keys because neither myself nor Dark Vale know when the game will be completed, and thus, ready to deliver Steam keys.

But yes, once they are available anyone who pre purchases :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no rush at all, I just wanted confirmation that we'll be getting them. ;)

Thanks! :D

[quote name='DWulf']Picked up the Amalur pack (such an awesome price), even though I already have the base game on Origin. So if anyone wants just the base game for cheap, PM me.[/QUOTE]

Do you still have the base game? Sent you a PM

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Ugghh I can't believe I bought this...

I'm already pooped out on fantasy RPG with GW2 and Dark Souls -_-[/QUOTE]

Practice a little self-restraint next time.

KoA plays fine with a m/kb. The aiming is basically auto target so there's no real worry about who you shoot magic/arrows at. The controls are pretty well-mapped, but the interface sucks on every platform.

[quote name='puzurinsusinak']Tony,
Any word on a possible STALKER bundle?
thnx[/QUOTE]A stalker bundle with Steam Keys. Please, please so much.

[quote name='DWulf']Picked up the Amalur pack (such an awesome price), even though I already have the base game on Origin. So if anyone wants just the base game for cheap, PM me.[/QUOTE]

Pmed you, looking for the base game myself!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I don't need the base game myself (KoA) so I am entertaining offers :) PM if interested.[/QUOTE]

I already own KOA:R + Dead Kel + Naros.
I need NOTHING. :p

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I don't need the base game myself (KoA) so I am entertaining offers :) PM if interested.[/QUOTE]

I jumped on Tony's deal while still having a sealed boxed copy so... I guess when Fox gets rid of his I have a key as well.

Also grabbed the pack though I had the base game, giving me an extra key for KoA vanilla. If anyone is interested, PM me.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']LOL, all the peeps on the GameSpot live stream channel are mad because it's Origin.
What is wrong with people!?
Must be the same crowd holding out for BF3 on STEAM.[/QUOTE]

The difference is that BF3 isn't offered on Steam whereas KOA definitely is. I think I'm going to pass on the deal for precisely that reason and I don't think it's all that crazy.

I don't hate Origin - I have games on there that were purchased through Amazon. However, those are EA games that either aren't offered on Steam or don't use any of the Steam features.

However, KOA does have Steam achievements - if you buy it through Steam.

I may regret passing one the deal as it's a great price, but I'm willing to wait this one out. Perhaps one day it'll end up getting pulled from Steam, in which case I'll happily buy it for Origin during Amazon's next KOA sale.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']They are matched...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
damn, by the time I read through all this, I forgot what this post was referencing.

[quote name='KidInTheHall']It takes like 30 seconds to buy it, you can do that while you're waiting for your car to warm up.[/QUOTE]
Lol, it takes me 30 seconds to get to work.
Let's start the bidding at $1.00 US.

Not sure on KoA since my son will be getting Prototype 2 pretty soon.

[quote name='hal']The difference is that BF3 isn't offered on Steam whereas KOA definitely is. I think I'm going to pass on the deal for precisely that reason and I don't think it's all that crazy.

I don't hate Origin - I have games on there that were purchased through Amazon. However, those are EA games that either aren't offered on Steam or don't use any of the Steam features.

I may regret passing one the deal as it's a great price, but I'm willing to wait this one out. Perhaps one day it'll end up getting pulled from Steam, in which case I'll happily buy it for Origin during Amazon's next KOA sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was a great deal but I also declined picking it up due to Origin, I don't dislike the service, I just like to have as many as my games in one client as possible. I only downloaded Origin to get the Sabotuer for free.

[quote name='hal']

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had to wait out many Origin sales on the DLC because I was gifted the base game on Steam around this time last year. Then my birthday rolled around in September and I was gifted the DLCs on Steam--so I guess it worked out eventually!

[quote name='radioactivez0r']KoA plays fine with a m/kb. The aiming is basically auto target so there's no real worry about who you shoot magic/arrows at. The controls are pretty well-mapped, but the interface sucks on every platform.[/QUOTE]

Yes the mouse + kb interface is great, but the auto-target and the camera are not always your friend.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']I have played the first episode so far, this is my impression: the voice acting is top notch I think the actors from the show lend their voices to the game but I'm not sure so don't call me on that. The game looks ok for an adventure game, the character models look great(especially the Dalek), the environments lack detail and are pretty straight forward and linear so there is no exploration involved. The puzzles which they are only three different kinds(match the symbols, connect the wires, move object through maze) are simple and repetitive, this wouldn't be so bad if the game didn't kept shoving them at you. There are collectibles in the form of trading cards that are littered in the levels(really easy to find) which tell you more about the characters and story from the tv shows. Not a bad game especially for the price but I would only recommended it to Doctor Who fans[/QUOTE]

This is a fair review. I've actually played the first two twice due to a hard drive crash and wanting to "bone up" after I got 3 & 4. That is Matt Smith and Karen Gillan you're hearing in the games. Frankly I didn't think that much of the graphics but the games weren't made for millions of pounds--I'd say they're serviceable but not great. The stealth gameplay requires patience and the puzzles are bog-standard casual-game fare, so it is a bit tough to recommend to folks who aren't DW fans unless they're genre fans, but they're not bad games at all. I'm too much of a Doctor Who nerd to pass them up and for various reasons these are the first Doctor Who computer games that I've been able to/wanted to finish (I have played the terrible Daleks games where you run around trying to avoid a Dalek and they're just dreadful and I still have a boxed copy of the CD-ROM game Destiny of the Doctors around here but it never worked properly on my computer when I got it umpteen years ago.)

If you like Doctor Who (even if you're just a new series newbie) these are worth $5.

Any possibility of a deal on Guild Wars 2? Right now it's available on Green Man Gaming for $43.50 after their 25% off coupon... is something like that price matchable?

[quote name='orphicblue']Any possibility of a deal on Guild Wars 2? Right now it's available on Green Man Gaming for $43.50 after their 25% off coupon... is something like that price matchable?[/QUOTE]

Obviously I can't speak for Tony or anyone else, but I wouldn't expect to see many deals on GW2 since it has no sub fee. It is well worth that price at GMG imo.

[quote name='sunasun']damn, by the time I read through all this, I forgot what this post was referencing.[/QUOTE]

Steam's Tomb Raider sale price-match.

[quote name='seamoss']Steam's Tomb Raider sale price-match.[/QUOTE]
sorry, it sucks getting older lol
already have them but great games and deals

Been waiting & asking about this, and i check after I get off work & before MINIMUM daily, and it's a 2 hour deal that I miss? Get real. That is some sorry....just whatever.

Tax killed it anyway. I'm done paying tax on digital games.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']It was hardly 2 hours.[/QUOTE]
It was more like 5 or 6 hours. Also...
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

For the Digital Deals found in the Black Friday promotion, we're using a lot of them as test cases for longer promotions. So hopefully if you miss this deal for 2 hours it does well enough to merit a repeat for a longer time period :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='twztid13']Been waiting & asking about this, and i check after I get off work & before MINIMUM daily, and it's a 2 hour deal that I miss? Get real. That is some sorry....just whatever.

Tax killed it anyway. I'm done paying tax on digital games.[/QUOTE]

Tax killed it? Really? $12 for a game and both DLCs that retail for $60 (that's 80% off) is killed by tax that's going to be at most $1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back