Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI guys the plan is to bring Amalur back again in November for at least a 24 hour sale, maybe longer :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Awesome to hear, thanks! If at all possible, a day or two's early notice would be highly appreciated.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Guess I'll be the guy who asks: Will you also be distributing the weapons and armor DLC this time around, or is that a no-go given the studio's situation?

And for those who are wondering: It's already been mentioned once or twice earlier in this thread that the core base game is great, and that the weapons and armor DLC is not that big a deal. I only asked because I'm a curious son of a gun :)[/QUOTE]
Aren't they selling the base game + all DLC for $12? Or are you specifically asking if they'll be also selling separate DLC?

[quote name='TimeBomb']Awesome to hear, thanks! If at all possible, a day or two's early notice would be highly appreciated.

Aren't they selling the base game + all DLC for $12? Or are you specifically asking if they'll be also selling separate DLC?[/QUOTE]

There are three DLC packs for the game: Teeth of Naros, Legend of Dead Kel, and a Weapons and Armor pack. The Weapons and Armor pack are not available on Amazon's DVG store and thus was not included in the $12 deal. It's not that big of a deal as a DLC pack compared to the other two. I was just curious if Tony knew if it would be added to their offerings in the future. If it's not then no biggie given that the studio is dead and how it's just icing on the cake.

Thankfully, everyone in this thread seems to agree that it's no big deal not to have it, and that $12 for the base game and other two expansions is one hell of a sweet deal already.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']There are three DLC packs for the game: Teeth of Naros, Legend of Dead Kel, and a Weapons and Armor pack. The Weapons and Armor pack are not available on Amazon's DVG store and thus was not included in the $12 deal. It's not that big of a deal as a DLC pack compared to the other two. I was just curious if Tony knew if it would be added to their offerings in the future. If it's not then no biggie given that the studio is dead and how it's just icing on the cake.

Thankfully, everyone in this thread seems to agree that it's no big deal not to have it, and that $12 for the base game and other two expansions is one hell of a sweet deal already.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. I seem to recall that the other two expansions have a lot more content than the weapon&armor pack as well, and were also more expensive.

I've read that The Weapons and Armor DLC is useless and you get better items during the game

Lego Batman + Harry Potter Bundle deal is up :applause: I want Lego Batman so badly but wanna know your opinions about HP ones, buy the bundle or just Batman ?

ughh i would have bitten on this if it was a month earlier. but with wwe 13/nba 2k12/paper mario/harvest moon/wii u.... cant be spending money ]= need to hold back /cry god darn it /=

I have ZERO interest in the Harry Potter games. It looks like I'm not the only one.

I see several people trying to unload the Harry Potter games, but so far I don't see any buyers. While I'm sure there are a good amount of people who want all three games, most of the people who are looking to split up the bundle want to be the one who gets to keep the Batman game.

In light of that, I'm not even gonna bother trying to split the pack. I think I'll just wait for the inevitable Lego Batman pack.

Strange, bought Harry Batman Pack successfully, but when try to buy Lego Batman, got this problem
ZbPJb.jpg

Does this mean I've to wait at least 4 hours before try purchase it again? Thanks

I've never encountered that problem.

Not sure if this could be the problem, but do you live in the US? I ask because of the bit in your sig about hating regional price differences.

Tony - Just wanted to say thanks. You have awesome deals. LEGO was an instant buy for me (and my boys)! Amazon has become my primary DVG shopping spot.

Hmmm, well if anyone doesn't want the HP games and is interested in KoA I'd be open to a trade with me throwing some paypal/amazon GC your way to make up for the difference.

[quote name='The End']I've never encountered that problem.

Not sure if this could be the problem, but do you live in the US? I ask because of the bit in your sig about hating regional price differences.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I don't live in US.
nvm though, got the order email & key finally :D

thanks Amazon :)

Not to derail the LEGO stuff

Is anyone having an issue with Walking Dead stuttering? Not during the actual gameplay but when it's about to transition to another cut scene? No issues with 2K13, Sleeping Dogs, Street Fighter etc.....

[quote name='kaydigi']Not to derail the LEGO stuff

Is anyone having an issue with Walking Dead stuttering? Not during the actual gameplay but when it's about to transition to another cut scene? No issues with 2K13, Sleeping Dogs, Street Fighter etc.....[/QUOTE]

I've had issues with stuttering in that game since I first got it. Turn off character shadows. You wont miss them... and that smoothed it out for me.

[quote name='Seraphym']Is Lego Batman 1 somehow necessary for story or continuity? Or can I safely skip it after buying the bundle?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure LB2 is a self contained story. You should be fine.

Bought the LEGO pack. Thanks!

Usually packs don't work for me since I typically own one or more of them, but in this case I've been holding out for a real deal on these games and it paid off.

For the people who want the pack but not the HP games, why not just buy Batman2 by itself? At $7.5 it's not that much of a difference between that and getting 2 HP games for the other $7.5 especially if you're not interested in them.

I guess I'm the only one who's buying the bundle for all the games in it, and probably buying Lego Batman 1 as well? (side note: will gladly trade for the Harry Potter games someone doesn't want if it can save me a few bucks; check out my post in the group buy thread). I try to think of it as collecting, not an addiction.

Question about the Lego games: Do they recognize a 360 controller, and how well do they play with mouse and keyboard?

[quote name='Genocidal']
Question about the Lego games: Do they recognize a 360 controller, and how well do they play with mouse and keyboard?[/QUOTE]

I played through all of Lego Batman 1 with a controller, works great. The store page on steam for Lego Batman 2 says controller enabled. I'm more than positive that the harry potter ones work with it as well.

Been waiting on a deal for the Lego games and this pack is awesome! Maybe someday we will get a pack for the Star Wars or Indiana Jones ones as well. Thanks Tony!!

[quote name='ojaybaby']Can anyone give me some background on these lego games?

Are they worth playing through even if I don't give a rats ass about harry potter?

I really dug the lego indiana jones/star wars games (but am more into the source material)?[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed the Indie and Star Wars games, and the first Batman, but didn't enjoy the first Harry Potter nearly as much. I do think it was due to not really being a fan of the source material. It's still a Lego game, and it was fun enough to finish however.

Thanks I picked up both the "Harry Batman" pack and Batman 1, all activated on Steam and working great.

Tony - I did have a problem with the Legacy bundle (not sure if anyone else here had something similar) but I finally got to Episode 4 in Doctor Who, but upon installing it, my Antivirus Bitdefender said that the EXE file had a virus and deleted it. Gen:Trojan.Huer.GZ.@l0@bq1l0Lp detected.

Should I contact support? I can't get the game to install without disabling my anti-virus, which I don't want to do unless I'm 1000% sure it's a false positive.

Just giving a heads up since it wasn't mentioned by Tony.
Yup, that Steam sale was the lowest price for SR3 Franchise pack. Summer sale IIANM. Still waiting for AmaTony to beat that. $9.99 perhaps ? XD

Good deal on the pack, but I'm crazy and complete Lego games 100% on 360, and I've already done that on HP 1-4. Will be going for Lego Batman 2 after I play Star Wars III....and HP 4-7....and Complete Original Star Wars series....I have problems.

Got batman 2. Heard great things from our cagcast hosts. Glad to see it was sold seperatley. Would have bought the bundle with the HP games if I had too... but it was much easier this way. Thanks again Tony!

Has anyone had any problems running these LEGO games on their PC? The warnings in the reviews for each worry me. I have Win7 64-bit, 4GB RAM, and an ATI HD 5850 mobile graphics card which runs games like a champ, but even I'm a little worried.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Has anyone had any problems running these LEGO games on their PC? The warnings in the reviews for each worry me. I have Win7 64-bit, 4GB RAM, and an ATI HD 5850 mobile graphics card which runs games like a champ, but even I'm a little worried.[/QUOTE]

They have demos. Here is one for Batman on fileplanet.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Has anyone had any problems running these LEGO games on their PC? The warnings in the reviews for each worry me. I have Win7 64-bit, 4GB RAM, and an ATI HD 5850 mobile graphics card which runs games like a champ, but even I'm a little worried.[/QUOTE]
I have Windows 7 64-bit and a Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 and I never had any trouble running lego batman 2.

Thanks, folks. I should have been more specific and asked if there were bugs in the game that hampered gameplay. You know what? I'm just going to go all in because at these prices I can stomach a bug or two :)

I'm thinking about the lego pack, but I don't know if I'd like the harry potter games. I like the books, the movies were fine.. If it was with the lego star wars I would have picked it up no problem, no questions asked, no hesitations!

I think I'll just buy two copies of batman 2, and try to trade for harry potter games...

[quote name='taylynne']
I think I'll just buy two copies of batman 2, and try to trade for harry potter games...[/QUOTE]

If you like the books and movies then it's a no brainer and just get the pack. You would have to not like Lego games in the first place to avoid it. I don't even like harry potter all that much but I love Lego games.

Plus that last sentence makes it sound like your going to spend more money to get less, makes no sense

Just curious - why wasn't Lego Batman 1 included in this bundle? I realize that would have elevated the total price, but even so it seems like it would make sense to include all of the Harry Potter and Batman games together, instead of discounting the first one separately. Not complaining, just wondering why that was not what was done.

[quote name='ojaybaby']So do the Lego Games have online? From what I have read they do not.

This is really what is holding back my purchase.[/QUOTE]

You were expecting multi-player death match or something?

[quote name='Mooby']You were expecting multi-player death match or something?[/QUOTE]

id assume online coop in addition to the local variety.

[quote name='taylynne']I'm thinking about the lego pack, but I don't know if I'd like the harry potter games. I like the books, the movies were fine.. If it was with the lego star wars I would have picked it up no problem, no questions asked, no hesitations!

I think I'll just buy two copies of batman 2, and try to trade for harry potter games...[/QUOTE]

I've only played the first Indiana Jones on 360 and HP 1-4 on the Wii but what I really liked about HP was that you got to zap things with different wand spells instead of bashing bad guys in close combat. Indy's whip was cool though.

Both games were much more fun playing with a partner than alone.

[quote name='deadpool253']If you like the books and movies then it's a no brainer and just get the pack. You would have to not like Lego games in the first place to avoid it. I don't even like harry potter all that much but I love Lego games.

Plus that last sentence makes it sound like your going to spend more money to get less, makes no sense[/QUOTE]

ahh well I was planning to get two copies of batman 2 either way: one for myself, and one for my boyfriend.. though I guess we could just play it with one, hook it up to a tv screen and do the "split screen." (sounds like a lot more fun than playing on different pcs but over mic, but it'll hold of game play for a while until I'm on break)

I'll pick up the pack from what you and Palinn have said. I figure I'll enjoy it, and I'll go through those first.

Thanks to you both, I wouldn't have even thought of split screen on tv >

Grabbed the bundle for the potter games and gave the batman to a friend since I already had it. :D wouldn't mind seeing an Indiana Jones and star wars lego bundle Tony.

[quote name='terlan']grabbed the bundle for the potter games and gave the batman to a friend since i already had it. :d wouldn't mind seeing an indiana jones and star wars lego bundle tony.[/quote]
+1

Tony I think those of us that buy this Lego bundle should get some kinda of coupon for the upcoming Lego Lord of the Rings :D

[quote name='KaOTiK']Tony I think those of us that buy this Lego bundle should get some kinda of coupon for the upcoming Lego Lord of the Rings :D[/QUOTE]

Would be awesome, I'd love to pick this game up!

[quote name='Eldredpe']I don't really have anything to say.

That phantom page was just driving me fucking insane.[/QUOTE]
Funny thing is the phantom page only shows after about half the page fills up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back