Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TimeBomb'][quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI guys the plan is to bring Amalur back again in November for at least a 24 hour sale, maybe longer :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Awesome to hear, thanks! If at all possible, a day or two's early notice would be highly appreciated.
[/QUOTE]
This. & thanks Tony.

On the edge about the LEGO pack.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Funny thing is the phantom page only shows after about half the page fills up.[/QUOTE]

Finally, you have explained why it disappears just to come back.

The Amazon games library drives me insane. Every thing I download bumps me up to the top of the screen. Then it saves the downloader. Then you have to download from the downloader and keep track of what you've downloaded. Then you have to get the key, which once again bumps you to the top of the page.

I'm up to 80 items in my Amazon library, 70 of them since July. And it's already unmanageable.

[quote name='elessar123']The Amazon games library drives me insane. Every thing I download bumps me up to the top of the screen. Then it saves the downloader. Then you have to download from the downloader and keep track of what you've downloaded. Then you have to get the key, which once again bumps you to the top of the page.

I'm up to 80 items in my Amazon library, 70 of them since July. And it's already unmanageable.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have a lot of digital games in my Amazon library as well. I wish things were better organized via their digital download account page. It doesn't need to be a virtual shelf like GOG.com, but certainly something that allows me to see all my purchases at a glance would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Genocidal']I guess I'm the only one who's buying the bundle for all the games in it, and probably buying Lego Batman 1 as well? (side note: will gladly trade for the Harry Potter games someone doesn't want if it can save me a few bucks; check out my post in the group buy thread). I try to think of it as collecting, not an addiction.

Question about the Lego games: Do they recognize a 360 controller, and how well do they play with mouse and keyboard?[/QUOTE]

I'll be buying the pack for all 3 games, but I already have LB1 (have yet to play it, though).

Adding on to the controller question: Has anyone tried doing the local co-op with two controllers on the same PC? What I'd really like to do is to haul my gaming rig upstairs on some upcoming snowy weekend, hook it up to the big TV, and have a Lego Game-a-Thon with my wife. The Harry Potters (and the imminent Lego LOTR) will be at the top of the playlist, for sure.

Oh, and here's another request to add Lego Star Wars to the Amazon DVG stable. I'd much rather re-buy it on PC than have to drag my old PS2 out of its box the next time I get a hankering to pull some Stormtrooper's arms off.

Three Promo codes for World of Tanks Goodies ([FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]1000 in-game gold and 3 Day Premium Account status[/SIZE][/FONT]):

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]EW4S6R7MF9WP8T[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]EW4S8W8RB5ET9E
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]2BT5Z5VA9ZP8H5[/SIZE][/FONT]

Enjoy! =]

Okay, I know this has been covered over and over in this thread a million times and is in the OP and I should be beat with a wet noodle and all that for asking again yadda yadda but are we absotively posilutely 100% definitely for real for real sure that this Lego pack has Steam keys?

It doesn't specify anywhere on the page at all and that makes me really nervous to buy it.

This is the problem I have with Amazon, their pages are really generic and probably more geared for books. They don't always give me information that I consider vital to making a decision about a purchase as a gamer.

I shouldn't have to religiously follow a thread somewhere to get information that should be in the store page in the first place. It's also dumb on their part because they will probably lose customers who don't come to these forums and would want Steam keys but don't realize that's what they are giving because their page doesn't specify that at all.

And yes, I realize someone mentioned it way down on the page in a forum comment but that was from some random guy and is hardly an official source. I guess I'm just nitpicking here but I really want the store I'm buying from to give me all the information I am looking for, especially with regard to what other sites a game may or may not activate on and what DRM, if any, a game has in general.

I don't normally buy without that information and would really rather have it on the store page.

[quote name='Greyghost']Okay, I know this has been covered over and over in this thread a million times and is in the OP and I should be beat with a wet noodle and all that for asking again yadda yadda but are we absotively posilutely 100% definitely for real for real sure that this Lego pack has Steam keys?

It doesn't specify anywhere on the page at all and that makes me really nervous to buy it.

This is the problem I have with Amazon, their pages are really generic and probably more geared for books. They don't always give me information that I consider vital to making a decision about a purchase as a gamer.

I shouldn't have to religiously follow a thread somewhere to get information that should be in the store page in the first place. It's also dumb on their part because they will probably lose customers who don't come to these forums and would want Steam keys but don't realize that's what they are giving because their page doesn't specify that at all.

And yes, I realize someone mentioned it way down on the page in a forum comment but that was from some random guy and is hardly an official source. I guess I'm just nitpicking here but I really want the store I'm buying from to give me all the information I am looking for, especially with regard to what other sites a game may or may not activate on and what DRM, if any, a game has in general.

I don't normally buy without that information and would really rather have it on the store page.[/QUOTE]

they do...if you go to the games individual pagesit states it on each

[quote name='Drabelincoln']they do...if you go to the games individual pagesit states it on each[/QUOTE]

And to be very specific - right at the top by the product name

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
by Warner Bros
Rated: Everyone 10+ | DRM: Steam

Plus, I bought it already and activated all the games on Steam, so... there's that.

[quote name='Greyghost']Okay, I know this has been covered over and over in this thread a million times and is in the OP and I should be beat with a wet noodle and all that for asking again yadda yadda but are we absotively posilutely 100% definitely for real for real sure that this Lego pack has Steam keys?

I don't normally buy without that information and would really rather have it on the store page.[/QUOTE]

You know how if you're buying a bundle on Steam and you want to find out about the individual games in that bundle you have to click through to the individual item's page?

Same concept here.

[quote name='hal']And to be very specific - right at the top by the product name

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
by Warner Bros
Rated: Everyone 10+ | DRM: Steam

Plus, I bought it already and activated all the games on Steam, so... there's that.[/QUOTE]

And further down it says "STEAM Client required to activate."

And I have also activated on steam fine, and downloaded

[quote name='LazyTriangle']can I someone who bought the bundle tell me the install size for Lego Batman 2 and both Lego Harry Potter games[/QUOTE]

Batman 2 - 3892 MB
HP: Y 1-4 - 6039 MB
HP: Y 5-7 - 7584 MB

Tony,
Any plans of releasing The Witcher 1+ 2 (Assassins of Kings) bundle anytime soon? I see that both Witcher 1 and 2 are not available for digital downloads. It says both games are published by Atari.

Thanks

Got Lego Batman 1 from Amazon, will check it and decide whether to get the Lego Bundle or just Lego Batman 2

By the way guys; Battlefield 1942 is free on Origin :)

[quote name='Zakart']Tony,
Any plans of releasing The Witcher 1+ 2 (Assassins of Kings) bundle anytime soon? I see that both Witcher 1 and 2 are not available for digital downloads. It says both games are published by Atari.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Atari only publishes the physical versions. It's self published digitally.

[quote name='r9800pro']Got Lego Batman 1 from Amazon, will check it and decide whether to get the Lego Bundle or just Lego Batman 2

By the way guys; Battlefield 1942 is free on Origin :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Downloading now. Free is a price point I can never seem to pass up.

[quote name='blehman']Thanks. Downloading now. Free is a price point I can never seem to pass up.[/QUOTE]
Amen.
I made sure I got BF1942 for FREE from Origin, after seeing the news about it today. :D

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']Pulls out a "wet noodle."[/QUOTE]

Okay fine I deserved that. :lol:

I still think it should mention somewhere on the bundle page that it uses Steam or at least do what Gamersgate does and say 'see individual products for DRM' or something like that.

If it wasn't for reading this forum, I would have just seen the bundle assumed it was not Steam since it wasn't mentioned on the bundle page and moved on. If one person would do that it seems to me that others might also. Seems like it would just be good practice for a store to do something so simple as to clarify that point on the bundle page.

Anyway, after all that fussing, I bought it so I will shut up now. :whistle2:#

[quote name='r9800pro']Got Lego Batman 1 from Amazon, will check it and decide whether to get the Lego Bundle or just Lego Batman 2

By the way guys; Battlefield 1942 is free on Origin :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, downloading now!:lol:

[quote name='TimeBomb']Awesome to hear, thanks! If at all possible, a day or two's early notice would be highly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I've been waiting for it but completely missed the first amalur sale.

[quote name='pinkgun']Does anyone notice that Assassin's Creed III Deluxe version is requiring steam now?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B008L3SHGC[/QUOTE]

This is very weird specially that the game is not even available on Steam yet and it is one of UPlay games that were "never" used Steam keys before

However, nVidia is having an ACIII promo, so maybe Steam keys would be a better option

[quote name='pinkgun']Does anyone notice that Assassin's Creed III Deluxe version is requiring steam now?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B008L3SHGC[/QUOTE]

[quote name='r9800pro']This is very weird specially that the game is not even available on Steam yet and it is one of UPlay games that were "never" used Steam keys before

However, nVidia is having an ACIII promo, so maybe Steam keys would be a better option[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The End']It's possible that they simply made a mistake on the store page.[/QUOTE]

Hey guys,

I was going to announce this today...but the sleuths beat me to it.

We will now be distributing Steam keys for the Deluxe version, these will also include the Season Pass. Also, we take pre-orders for games before Steam has a page up all the time. Just like NBA2K13, XCOM, Borderlands 2, etc.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

We will now be distributing Steam keys for the Deluxe version, these will also include the Season Pass. Also, we take pre-orders for games before Steam has a page up all the time. Just like NBA2K13, XCOM, Borderlands 2, etc.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Is there any chance you guys will be doing this with Far Cry 3 Deluxe Edition next month as well (having a Steam version I mean)?

I'm debating the Lego Harry Potter games and the first Lego Batman. I enjoyed the Lego Star Wars games, but I played those a long time ago mostly on a PSP. I already know I want Lego Batman 2.

Are the other Lego games worth it or is the open world roaming of Lego Batman 2 just going to make the others feel antiquated? Anyone weigh in?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

This is awesome !

I really like how Amazon managed to get Steam redeemable keys for some games that nobody did (or can do)

I hope that "maybe" we could get another 25% Off code that would "maybe" mistakenly work with Pre-orders ;) :D

I am excited about today, this is going to be a great day in the history of USA. Because today, we are 5 days away from Prototype bundle deal!!

[quote name='Zakart']I am excited about today, this is going to be a great day in the history of USA. Because today, we are 5 days away from Prototype bundle deal!![/QUOTE]

You want to watch the Gamespot show on Friday.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You want to watch the Gamespot show on Friday.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Oh snap! Tony why you be game-teasing me like that? You are like that girl on the bar who gives "Come hither" look all night long and when you finally approach her with your E=mc^2 shirt on she goes "ewww, stop talking to me you freak!", and then you go home and kill more zombies in L4D2

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']$64.99 for AC3 deluxe is about right, on Ubisoft's Canadian store it costs $74.99 plus tax for the same thing, digital download. Scumbag move on their part.[/QUOTE]

Since they added the Season Pass to the Deluxe Edition, $79.99 is what it's been listed at just about everywhere except for Amazon US. It's not exactly a "scumbag" move.

[quote name='Zakart']Oh snap! Tony why you be game-teasing me like that? You are like that girl on the bar who gives "Come hither" look all night long and when you finally approach her with your E=mc^2 shirt on she goes "ewww, stop talking to me you freak!", and then you go home and kill more zombies in L4D2[/QUOTE]

The difference is I'd play L4D2 with you...:)

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='tmwfte']Since they added the Season Pass to the Deluxe Edition, $79.99 is what it's been listed at just about everywhere except for Amazon US. It's not exactly a "scumbag" move.[/QUOTE]

I think you are right. I will pre-order from Amazon now just in case :lol:

The updated OP title got my hopes up for other Lego Titles other than Harry Potter and Batman. Maybe some Star Wars and Indiana Jones (steam versions)... Unfortunately, I was wrong.

"Amazon PCDD Lego Harry Potter Batman Pack $13.99 + 75% off individual Lego games"

[quote name='Terlan']Tempted by Assassins creed 3 but it's a little pricey for me. Why did it have to become a steam key.[/QUOTE]

you can definitely wait.

[quote name='Terlan']Tempted by Assassins creed 3 but it's a little pricey for me. Why did it have to become a steam key.[/QUOTE]

You can always preorder it and cancel the preorder before it releases if you don't want it then. Amazon doesn't charge preorders till they are sent out.

[quote name='bwrobins']The updated OP title got my hopes up for other Lego Titles other than Harry Potter and Batman. Maybe some Star Wars and Indiana Jones (steam versions)... Unfortunately, I was wrong.

"Amazon PCDD Lego Harry Potter Batman Pack $13.99 + 75% off individual Lego games"[/QUOTE]

At the moment, the HP and Batman games are the only four Lego games in the Amazon DVG portfolio. Part of the reason I'm buying the bundle is to convince WB/Amazon to add the rest of the titles. ;)

Got in on the Lego games bundle. My little cousin is going to be happy as hell to get my Xbox 360 Lego games (I have them all except Batman 2). I somehow didn't even realize they were on the PC.

[quote name='Zakart']Oh snap! Tony why you be game-teasing me like that? You are like that girl on the bar who gives "Come hither" look all night long and when you finally approach her with your E=mc^2 shirt on she goes "ewww, stop talking to me you freak!", and then you go home and kill more zombies in L4D2[/QUOTE]

What I'm getting from this being the go-to analogy around here recently is that the regulars of this thread have had some really awful luck with women lately.

So... uh... maybe invite that cute girl down the street to play some Lego Batman?

Don't forget to wear your "I voted" sticker.

Civic responsibility is an aphrodisiac.

For me it is $27.98 after applying GC and promo credit, and I still can cancel it if I find it cheaper somewhere else (but must be on Steam!)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We'll have a Steam version of the standard version of ACIII too I'm just waiting for the page to be created.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony, please can you do the same for Far Cry 3 ? I mean the Steam redeemable keys magic you got there :)

It was a nice surprise to see Lego games support Eyefinity. This is a huge plus for me and definitely getting all the games now

2012110600006.jpg

2012110600005.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back