Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']Smells like the EA Origin free-stuff incident all over again, yes?[/QUOTE]

Yup! But hey it's EA I don't mind them losing money lol.

[quote name='Syntax Error']No argument there. I'd also hate to have this promotion scuttled over this.[/QUOTE]

OT...but...

Man...your avatar just brought back a flood of memories from when I was a kid.

[quote name='MysterD']Smells like the EA Origin free-stuff incident all over again, yes?[/QUOTE]
Well, "$5 off" is a bit different from "$20 off" and the codes aren't good until January so I guess Amazon has time to track and invalidate them if they so choose. So not as bad but I don't want to abuse Tony's work on our behalf.

[quote name='rasvelen']Yup! But hey it's EA I don't mind them losing money lol.[/QUOTE]

Oh, man.... :whistle2:X

Thing is - EA has A LOT developers (BioWare, DICE, etc) and games (Dragon Age series, Mass Effect series, BF series) that I really like to love....

[quote name='MysterD']Oh, man.... :whistle2:X

Thing is - EA has A LOT developers (BioWare, DICE, etc) and games (Dragon Age series, Mass Effect series, BF series) that I really like to love....[/QUOTE]

I liked them too especially Bioware and Dice, but sadly I tihnk they're tainted by the EA virus now. :(

What was the EA incident? I saw somebody mentioned 20 dollar credits but I don't remember hearing that.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Not for demo "purchases" :lol:[/QUOTE]

Talking of demos, how do you get them out of your Amazon Games Library? I've downloaded
a f ew in the past and I don't like seeing them in my games list. Is there a way to delete them
or do I need to contact Amazon CS?

Yeah, if these weren't supposed to be for demos (probably weren't), they can just void them really. Most of us probably won't mind assuming we're half reasonable folks and I'd rather not see the prices in Jan be $5 more just because of this.

I do think this promo gets a lot of new people on Amazon DVG since this was the promotion which sorta started all my buying here.

I don't think it's Tony doing it and probably someone on the backend just made it apply to all products rather than doing a search for products > 0.01 cents (or some other number).

[quote name='wtsutton']What was the EA incident? I saw somebody mentioned 20 dollar credits but I don't remember hearing that.[/QUOTE]
EA had an offer to some people to do a survey and get a code for $20 off a game on the Origin store. But they used one universal code and it was leaked. And they didn't protect themselves from the code being reused so people could keep using it over and over on more games. So, essentially, all the ($20 or less) EA games on the Origin store were free for a day or so until they finally pulled the coupon code.

There's more details than that but that's the crux of it.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I don't think there's a way.[/QUOTE]

That'd be a good idea, yes.

A "hide section" like Origin has would be a decent way, for those who want to section off certain games to be hidden.

And yeah - you could always look at what's in your hidden section...and move them back to be into the "show section", if you need.

[quote name='Syntax Error']EA had an offer to some people to do a survey and get a code for $20 off a game on the Origin store. But they used one universal code and it was leaked. And they didn't protect themselves from the code being reused so people could keep using it over and over on more games. So, essentially, all the EA games on the Origin store were free for a day or so until they finally pulled the coupon code.

There's more details than that but that's the crux of it.[/QUOTE]

Bwahahahahahahahaha! Some people probably felt guilty about this until they played ME3. Will say though...20 bucks a pop...ouch.

[quote name='yangwenli']Yeah, if these weren't supposed to be for demos (probably weren't), they can just void them really.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to go with the opposite approach. If Tony wants to green light this, I'll happily go hog wild. Until then, I'd rather not be part of the problem (if there is one).

Amusingly, last year I bought Cryostatis for $1.75 during the sale, got a $5 coupon which I used on a $4.99 copy of Assassin's Creed and felt like I was totally sticking it to The Man :lol:

[quote name='MysterD']THIS!!!

I bought SR: The Third earlier in Mid-July; AND Prototype Pack when last Friday when was part of the GameSpot-Amazon DVG Friday, as well.

I don't expect a $5 promo code b/c it was bought before this Promo hit - but, $5 coupon codes being sent our way would be a nice surprise! :D[/QUOTE]

That would be nice. Already purchased 5 Prototype packs and 5x $5 promo credit would be awesome

On the other hand I got my Amazon account put on hold again for pre-ordering a game ! Same thing happened 10 days ago and I verified everything with Amazon and they fixed the issue and though that would not happen again specially that I already made many successful purchases after that :cry:

[quote name='wtsutton']Bwahahahahahahahaha! Some people probably felt guilty about this until they played ME3. Will say though...20 bucks a pop...ouch.[/QUOTE]

ME3 is great, if you ask me.
It's the last 5-10 minutes that are pretty terrible - and well, that can't take away everything that the other 50+ amazing hours that I spent w/ that game gave me.
While I absolutely understand and agree that the ending(s) were terrible {rushed, felt incomplete, lacking closure, felt too brief, etc} -- the rest of the game was stellar, for the most part.

[quote name='MysterD']ME3 is great, if you ask me.
It's the last 5-10 minutes that are pretty terrible - and well, that can't take away everything that the other 50+ amazing hours that I spent w/ that game gave me.
While I absolutely understand and agree that the ending(s) were terrible {rushed, felt incomplete, lacking closure, felt too brief, etc} -- the rest of the game was stellar, for the most part.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't as fond of ME1 as a lot of other people were. I didn't hate...was just ok, I thought. The second one I thought was kind of ho-hum until the assault at the end, which I thought was fantastic. Still have to play the third one. I've avoided spoilers like the plague.

[quote name='wtsutton']I wasn't as fond of ME1 as a lot of other people were. I didn't hate...was just ok, I thought. The second one I thought was kind of ho-hum until the assault at the end, which I thought was fantastic. Still have to play the third one. I've avoided spoilers like the plague.[/QUOTE]
I loved all three ME games, I should note.

And yeah - ME2's End-Game Mission was INCREDIBLE...
though, The Final Boss fight was NOT (meh).
I think ME3 also suffered from having a great final boss fight, as well.

I definitely preferred the Final Boss Fight in ME1.

This might sound like a stupid question but do multiple five dollar credits from the Nov-Dec digital sales stack during the January sale or can you only use one on each January purchase?

Only reason I ask is cuz I'm looking at the games I bought during the sale this past January. Some of the purchases show multiple promotional credits being used and me not being charged for them. Like when I bought Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. It was 9.99. But it shows three promotional credits being applied (4.99, 2.51 and 2.49) so I wasn't charged anything out of pocket for it. I could have swore it only allowed us to use one credit for each purchase but maybe I'm just not remembering correctly.

[quote name='Syntax Error']It was one per purchase.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm...wonder what the heck the other promotional credits were then. I didn't have any trade-in credit with Amazon by then cuz I used it all on Christmas gifts. It is showing multiple promotional credits being used on my Total War 2: Shogun purchase too. Was 7.49 but the e-receipt shows credits of 5.00 and 2.49 being used. I wasn't charged on that one either.

That purchase and the NFS:HP purchase were both made on January 1st. maybe it was a day one error.

Hahaha...I remember the stampede to Amazon when TW2: Shogun went up at the 7.49 price. It didn't last very long before it was off the page. Then it shows up a few days later for like 15 or 20 dollars.

I'm REALLY hoping for a nice discount on Kingdoms of Amalur in the January sale. Been wanting to play it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wtsutton']I'm REALLY hoping for a nice discount on Kingdoms of Amalur in the January sale. Been wanting to play it.[/QUOTE]
It was just on some ridiculous sale a few weeks ago. $12 for KoA with a couple of the DLC. That was one of the Gamespot flash sales through amazon so they might revisit it later this month.

[quote name='rasvelen']Tony I would like to report a "hole" in your system regarding the $5 promotional code. Anyone can actually download a demo and still receieve the $5. I'm not sure if this is intended or a glitch in the system. To fellow cheapassgamers, please don't regard this as a kill joy move. I did this because I don't want Tony to lose his job. :([/QUOTE]

Good of you to give him a heads up. Maybe next time we should PM him rather than post it out in the open since lurkers will probably be trying to exploit this.

[quote name='Syntax Error']It was just on some ridiculous sale a few weeks ago. $12 for KoA with a couple of the DLC. That was one of the Gamespot flash sales through amazon so they might revisit it later this month.[/QUOTE]

Rawwwwwwrrrrrr! Damn. Wish I would have known!!!!

Edit to add: Cheap's fox .gif puts me in stitches every fricking time I see it. I have to watch it loop like five times before I can look away.

While I absolutely understand and agree that the ending(s) were terrible {rushed, felt incomplete, lacking closure, felt too brief, etc} -- the rest of the game was stellar, for the most part.[/QUOTE]

I found that ME3 lacked a lot of choice when compared to ME2. ME2 was so different in tone to ME1 that I have a hard time comparing them, but definitely it felt like ME3 was a more streamlined, action-esque take on what ME2 was more RPG-ish about. Perhaps it was the war story that kept Shepherd from exploring as much, from doing things unrelated to the war. I mean, that makes sense, but it also seemed to narrow the game's flexibility.

I felt like, coming away from ME3, that the game had sacrificed a lot of left-based dialogue options to keep you moving more quickly and that in ME2 you spent a lot more time talking, asking sometimes seemingly pointless questions about pointless topics (apparently) like dark matter/mass and those things seemed to be building from the first game to payoff in the third...

Then those side topics all just evaporated and all we were left with was Reapers. Reapers. More reapers. I'd love to see a total count on the number of times my Shepherd said something like, "We have to stop the Reapers!" and "We have to build the crucible!" Just over and over, he'd travel the galaxy, demanding people listen to him say those phrases.

You'd think by the end they'd be all, "Yeah, we heard about you. You and your loud, desperate rants. We are unmoved by your madness." Someone other than the Council who would deny the existence of the Reapers even if they were being impaled on a spike at the same time...

That said, ME3 was a great game by its own standards. I don't even mind the ending, either one. I think the newer one with all the extra crap (plus the Leviathan conversation pieces you can say to Star Child if you have the DLC which was something like, "I met Leviathan. You screwed him over, too!") add up to a slightly better ending than the original, "You came, you died, you conquered. You didn't get a T-shirt..." ending of before.

This must be the most civilized thread on CAG these days. Nobody running off making a separate thread proclaiming free $5 credits, people intentionally not exploiting it....I mean wtf. You guys on the right website? :p

Cool to see that the promo is live, though. Might have to cave on SR3 now with that as a bonus.

[quote name='wtsutton']Edit to add: Cheap's fox .gif puts me in stitches every fricking time I see it. I have to watch it loop like five times before I can look away.[/QUOTE]

Ha! I thought I was the only one. I love that gif!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Things are getting creepy in this thread lol.

Here's tomorrow's line up for the Gamespot show. A reminder, this show will run for 30 minutes from 2:00-2:30PST, here is the link:

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/black-fridays/?event=episode_420121116

Here are the deals:

1. Fifa Manager 2013 (Origin): $15.99
2. Forge 2-Pack (Steam at launch still in beta): $14.99 (if you already bought one we'll get you a credit for the difference soon)
3. Forge 4-Pack (Steam at launch still in beta): $24.99 (if you already bought one we'll get you a credit for the difference soon)
4. Hotline Miami (Steam Key): $7.49
5. Starcraft II Wings of Liberty: $20
6. The Tantaling THQ Medley: $9.99 contains (all steam keys):

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl
Warhammer: Space Marine
Red Faction: Armageddon
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Homefront
Metro 2033

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Nothing for me this week, but if someone wants any of these deals and will be away I'd be willing to pick them up. For the THQ bundle I won't do partials. PM me!

which games are in the editors choice and how soon can we get this info? i don't want to get a game only to find out it is part of the editors choice.

can someone bring me up to date with the $5 Promo Credit?

is the Prototype Pack worth it after the jump to $10 from $7.50? lol should stop being such a CAG

[quote name='rasvelen']Tony how about those who bought prototype 2, darksiders 2 early? Will we get the $5 promotion code?[/QUOTE]

Yeah we'll backfill those before January.

[quote name='wtsutton']FYI...You can get the five dollar promotional credit for downloading the FREE Dungeon Siege 3 demo. Just had the credit e-mailed to me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tallkido']Do i have to download or just "buy" it[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wtsutton']Just "buy" it. I have like ten already. :D

I don't know if it works on the "Game Connect" stuff but it is working on all free demos.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rasvelen']Tony I would like to report a "hole" in your system regarding the $5 promotional code. Anyone can actually download a demo and still receieve the $5. I'm not sure if this is intended or a glitch in the system. To fellow cheapassgamers, please don't regard this as a kill joy move. I did this because I don't want Tony to lose his job. :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dragonsbane']Seconded tony is awesome[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Syntax Error']Well, "$5 off" is a bit different from "$20 off" and the codes aren't good until January so I guess Amazon has time to track and invalidate them if they so choose. So not as bad but I don't want to abuse Tony's work on our behalf.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='yangwenli']Yeah, if these weren't supposed to be for demos (probably weren't), they can just void them really. Most of us probably won't mind assuming we're half reasonable folks and I'd rather not see the prices in Jan be $5 more just because of this.

I do think this promo gets a lot of new people on Amazon DVG since this was the promotion which sorta started all my buying here.

I don't think it's Tony doing it and probably someone on the backend just made it apply to all products rather than doing a search for products > 0.01 cents (or some other number).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='radioactivez0r']This must be the most civilized thread on CAG these days. Nobody running off making a separate thread proclaiming free $5 credits, people intentionally not exploiting it....I mean wtf. You guys on the right website? :p

Cool to see that the promo is live, though. Might have to cave on SR3 now with that as a bonus.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up guys, we closed the hole. We're still talking about what to do about whether or not we're going to invalidate the codes I'll give you guys an update in a bit.

[quote name='Isurus']@Tony, when does the THQ Medley go live? Thanks![/QUOTE]

2:00PM PST.

[quote name='ruuin']Hi Tony, could you put a link to the awesome THQ pack?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I will at 2:00PM when the show goes live.

[quote name='darcmin']which games are in the editors choice and how soon can we get this info? i don't want to get a game only to find out it is part of the editors choice.[/QUOTE]

We'll be adding games to the editor's choice often. But we're shooting to have the first batch out by next Friday.

[quote name='wtsutton']This might sound like a stupid question but do multiple five dollar credits from the Nov-Dec digital sales stack during the January sale or can you only use one on each January purchase?

Only reason I ask is cuz I'm looking at the games I bought during the sale this past January. Some of the purchases show multiple promotional credits being used and me not being charged for them. Like when I bought Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. It was 9.99. But it shows three promotional credits being applied (4.99, 2.51 and 2.49) so I wasn't charged anything out of pocket for it. I could have swore it only allowed us to use one credit for each purchase but maybe I'm just not remembering correctly.[/QUOTE]

If I recall (and maybe Tony can back me up on this one or clarify), if you used a $5 promo code against a game that was less than $5 then it kept the remaining balance on your account as a credit towards another qualifying purchase. I think the same thing happened to me with Rome: Total War-Gold for $2.49, where I got the game for free after the code but was initially slightly remorseful in thinking that I had wasted half the value of the coupon after seeing what was on tap for the next several days worth of sales.

I was happily surprised to see the remainder applied as a credit against my next qualifying purchase, and I suspect that's what happened in your case as well with these "off" values showing up as credit unexpectedly.

Again, Tony can probably shed some light if I'm mistaken.

[quote name='CountingBodies']If I recall (and maybe Tony can back me up on this one or clarify), if you used a $5 promo code against a game that was less than $5 then it kept the remaining balance on your account as a credit towards another qualifying purchase. I think the same thing happened to me with Rome: Total War-Gold for $2.49, where I got the game for free after the code but was initially slightly remorseful in thinking that I had wasted half the value of the coupon after seeing what was on tap for the next several days worth of sales.

I was happily surprised to see the remainder applied as a credit against my next qualifying purchase, and I suspect that's what happened in your case as well with these "off" values showing up as credit unexpectedly.

Again, Tony can probably shed some light if I'm mistaken.[/QUOTE]

This is accurate.

So, here's an example.

You have $5 in credit.

You buy a game that is $2.49.

You get the game for free.

You buy a second game that is $4.99

You get the second game for $2.49.

Once the full $5 is used, if you have multiple credit, you will move on to the next credit.

Cheers,
Tony

Sorry if its been said but when will the $5 credit (I bought the Prototype bundle) be usable? Wouldn't mind using that on Hotline Miami or something.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Sorry if its been said but when will the $5 credit (I bought the Prototype bundle) be usable? Wouldn't mind using that on Hotline Miami or something.[/QUOTE]

January 1, 2013.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This is accurate.
[/QUOTE]

Tony, is it possible to check which credits came from which purchase? i can't remember where some of the credits come from (not that it is a bad thing)

[quote name='Zakart']Fellow Cheap Asses,
May I inquire about the BOps+ MW2 for $15 sale date? when is it going live?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

I believe it will happen on black friday. I'm not 100% sure though.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Did you buy FTL? If you didn't buy FTL then you are indebted to good games and need to buy Hotline Miami. If you did buy FTL then you should have no problem paying cash money for Hotline Miami too.[/QUOTE]

What does FTL have to do with good games?

That ending kinda ruined the entire series for me, Mass Effect is dead to me.

[quote name='rasvelen']I believe it will happen on black friday. I'm not 100% sure though.[/QUOTE]

Much obliged, Sir.

For now, I am duct taping my children to throw them in closet around 4PM CST so that I can quickly jump on THQ deal without any interruptions. Mhmmm!

Just kidding, I don't have any children...or wife...or life...

[quote name='Zakart']Fellow Cheap Asses,
May I inquire about the BOps+ MW2 for $15 sale date? when is it going live?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Think it's black friday, as that's when he said they will be $9.99 each

Any link to the The Tantaling THQ Medley? I can't open gamespot on my office so I would appreciate if someone could post it here. Thanks!

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']That ending kinda ruined the entire series for me, Mass Effect is dead to me.[/QUOTE]

Hoping this is sarcasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back