Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zakart']Fellow Cheap Asses,
May I inquire about the BOps+ MW2 for $15 sale date? when is it going live?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

I'd love to know a solid answer on this as well. I'm looking forward to buying this, and trying to plan out my Black Friday shopping list/budget :)

[quote name='KidInTheHall']I need Skyrim and Dishonored in DD form so I can get them on sale please![/QUOTE]

We've all been dying and wanting Tony to get Zenimax (Bethesda, Id SoftWare, and Arkane Studios)...
I would love to see Amazon get those - so I can get some the Skyrim DLC's and Dishonored.

EDIT:
Oh, plus I wouldn't mind a nice deal on Doom 3: BFG Edition.

Granted, I probably need to go back and actually work on Doom 3: ROE (original).
I finished Doom 3 (original), but never ROE.

Tony,

Two things. One: anything for Max Payne 3? It's $9 at Kmart on BF for PS3/Xbox, I was thinking of picking it up and I still might, but I'd much rather have a PC copy for that price.

Secondly, I downloaded some demos to get some of those $5 promo codes, and I have to admit that I think you guys would be totally justified in invalidating them. I'm sorry that I contributed to the problem and made your day a bit worse today. I feel guilty now :(

[quote name='Tallkido']I need bf3 premium on sale can we make it happen? :)[/QUOTE]
+2, was tempted to buy ultimate for $30 at GMG but already have the base game and didn't want to deal with the hassle of trying to resell the code for the game

So any idea what Amazon would consider their editor's choice for this year? I'm trying to figure out what I would buy with cash now, and with credit later.

Last time I got Shogun 2 and the Dragon Age pack.

[quote name='Das_Regal']Tony,

Two things. One: anything for Max Payne 3? It's $9 at Kmart on BF for PS3/Xbox, I was thinking of picking it up and I still might, but I'd much rather have a PC copy for that price.

Secondly, I downloaded some demos to get some of those $5 promo codes, and I have to admit that I think you guys would be totally justified in invalidating them. I'm sorry that I contributed to the problem and made your day a bit worse today. I feel guilty now :([/QUOTE]

I really don't want to do that 30-35 GB download, so it better be a GREAT deal for Max Payne 3 PC...
:p

EDIT:
Amazon DVG making Max Payne 3 PC version $9 (to match KMart's console version deals) would be insane.

EDIT 2:
Tony might now be sick of me asking about Max Payne 3 PC. It seems to come out of my mouth, every 5 posts here - especially since he said there'd be a "crazy stupid" deal coming up on that one. :p

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']January 1, 2013.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Can we expect a list or page of what games will get us this $5 coupon for that upcoming sale in January 2013?

And once the BSO2012 sale begins in Jan 2013 sale, will there be a page dedicated to this sale?

[quote name='60fps']So any idea what Amazon would consider their editor's choice for this year? I'm trying to figure out what I would buy with cash now, and with credit later.

Last time I got Shogun 2 and the Dragon Age pack.[/QUOTE]

Been trying to figure this out too. Mass effect 3? Torchlight 2? Kingdoms of amalur? Arkham city?

[quote name='wtsutton']Been trying to figure this out too. Mass effect 3? Torchlight 2? Kingdoms of amalur? Arkham city?[/QUOTE]

I wish Amazon DVG actually sold Torchlight 2...

Last year the list actually changed a few times since it was the bestsellers of 2011 type thing and it took them a little to get that list down.

Not sure if they are doing something similar this year. Also, just because a game is on the list doesn't necessarily mean it will be on sale and cheaper with the promo credit. So if you really want a game it might be best to get it if it goes on a great sale as opposed to waiting until January when it might or might not go on sale.

^ Beat me to it. The truly staggering prices only came when you could double-up by using a $5 code on something Amazon price matched as Steam's Winter Sale was still ongoing (or midweek/weekend deals for the rest of January). So for things like Amalur (that stand a decent chance to be on the Editor's Choice list) it is somewhat problematic as it might not be given a sale on Steam (due to their IP limbo). In other words, if you're salivating over $7ish Amalur it might not necessarily happen.

[quote name='MysterD']I wish Amazon DVG actually sold Torchlight 2...[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I've tried to ask why, but have gotten no answer..

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah we'll backfill those before January.
[/QUOTE]

Awesome! does it also apply to those purchases during GS show for $7.49 ? :D

I hope that my Amazon account issue get fixed before today's THQ sale, want some copies for friends

I pre-ordered Crysis 3 today on Amazon and although Amazon pre-orders should not charge credit card untill game release, the process involved charging something like $1. I didn't know why Amazon put my account on hold first but when I called the bank, they said I didn't have enough funds in my pre-paid Visa. I asked how ? I remember I had funds when I last checked (October 26th), they said : well, you've made many purchases from Amazon during that time and you are out of funds :lol:

I've charged my card with money few minutes ago and hope that Amazon will make the pre-order go through and get back my account before toda's sale

[quote name='MysterD']I really don't want to do that 30-35 GB download, so it better be a GREAT deal for Max Payne 3 PC...
:p

EDIT:
Amazon DVG making Max Payne 3 PC version $9 (to match KMart's console version deals) would be insane.

EDIT 2:
Tony might now be sick of me asking about Max Payne 3 PC. It seems to come out of my mouth, every 5 posts here - especially since he said there'd be a "crazy stupid" deal coming up on that one. :p[/QUOTE]

Sorry about this, our deal will be more than $9 for the base game...but we'll have something hot with the game+season pass.

[quote name='MysterD']Can we expect a list or page of what games will get us this $5 coupon for that upcoming sale in January 2013?

And once the BSO2012 sale begins in Jan 2013 sale, will there be a page dedicated to this sale?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wtsutton']Been trying to figure this out too. Mass effect 3? Torchlight 2? Kingdoms of amalur? Arkham city?[/QUOTE]

We'll be working on a first run at the list next week...you guys might be able to choose some too down the road, we're still discussing structure.

[quote name='breakingadam']Agreed. I've tried to ask why, but have gotten no answer..[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it isn't something I can comment on.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']That ending kinda ruined the entire series for me, Mass Effect is dead to me.[/QUOTE]

Same for me.

If you're curious why, you can always veiw the videos by MrBTongue, Archnegia, or Smudboy on youtube about the ending, or visit the Hold the Line forums. But, of course, plenty of other people seem to enjoy the ending, for their own reasons.

I should note, however, that multiplayer is a ton of fun, and I've been playing that for months, so you can definetly get your money's worth out of the game, just fans of the series should set themselves up for serious disappointment at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Das_Regal']Tony,

Secondly, I downloaded some demos to get some of those $5 promo codes, and I have to admit that I think you guys would be totally justified in invalidating them. I'm sorry that I contributed to the problem and made your day a bit worse today. I feel guilty now :([/QUOTE]

Don't feel guilty lol...I'm glad you guys called it out so I could get it fixed.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='r9800pro']Awesome! does it also apply to those purchases during GS show for $7.49 ? :D[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in this too.

Also, Tony, any chance to bring back the Batman pack (Batman Arkham Asylum+Arkham CIty) for $9.99 or $7.49 on Black Friday?

do you actually get the codes of the $5 promotion? I can't find any on my email, it just said that it is now connected to my account. Is there anyway I can check how many promotional codes I have?

[quote name='rasvelen']do you actually get the codes of the $5 promotion? I can't find any on my email, it just said that it is now connected to my account. Is there anyway I can check how many promotional codes I have?[/QUOTE]

It will automatically apply to your account.

The ending to ME3 does kill the series for me because it means all of the choices I've made over the entire series meant nothing. I don't think I'll ever go back and replay ME1 or ME2 because I already know everything I'm doing is pointless.

Enjoyable, but pointless..

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Unfortunately it isn't something I can comment on.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That's understandable. Hope you guys work something out and sell it one day. Thanks for the reply, Tony!

[quote name='radioactivez0r']This must be the most civilized thread on CAG these days. Nobody running off making a separate thread proclaiming free $5 credits, people intentionally not exploiting it....I mean wtf. You guys on the right website? :p

Cool to see that the promo is live, though. Might have to cave on SR3 now with that as a bonus.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, $5 is a much more enticing purchase price. Very cool.

Last year most people had more codes than they actually wanted to use so it isn't a big issue. Also, if I recall right you get the code regardless of the cost of what you buy and, personally, I already planned on buying DLC for Warlock sometime in Nov/Dec assuming they price match the inevitable 75% Steam prices.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry about this, our deal will be more than $9 for the base game...but we'll have something hot with the game+season pass.[/quote]
Max Payne 3 base game + season pass deal, eh?
Hmmmm....
Go on....
{eyes wide open even more}

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We'll be working on a first run at the list next week...you guys might be able to choose some too down the road, we're still discussing structure.
[/QUOTE]
Good to know! My ears and eyes remain wide open.

[quote name='MysterD']Max Payne 3 base game + season pass deal, eh?
Hmmmm....
Go on....
{eyes wide open even more}

Good to know![/QUOTE]

Yeah even if it not $9 I imagine it will still be a great deal, I've held off getting Max Payne 3 as I've never played a Max Payne game before but I've been very interested in playing MP 3.

[quote name='KidInTheHall']Yeah even if it not $9 I imagine it will still be a great deal, I've held off getting Max Payne 3 as I've never played a Max Payne game before but I've been very interested in playing MP 3.[/QUOTE]
I would actually HIGHLY suggest you DO play Max Payne 1 and 2.
Those games were amazing.

EDIT:
Plus, Max 1 and 2 numerous times have been dirt-cheap many places - especially digitally. Get them, when you get a chance.

[quote name='tjs09']The ending to ME3 does kill the series for me because it means all of the choices I've made over the entire series meant nothing. I don't think I'll ever go back and replay ME1 or ME2 because I already know everything I'm doing is pointless.

Enjoyable, but pointless..[/QUOTE]

Sounds like real life, eh ? ;)

I got all ME series from Amazon but only played few minutes of each game. I liked the "Action" mode in ME3 coz I don't like RPG style much myself

[quote name='MysterD']I would actually HIGHLY suggest you DO play Max Payne 1 and 2.
Those games were amazing.

EDIT:
Plus, Max 1 and 2 numerous times have been dirt-cheap many places - especially digitally. Get them, when you get a chance.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks, I'll keep an eye out , maybe Steam will put them on sale soon so I can play them before Max Payne 3.

[quote name='DRevan']It will automatically apply to your account.[/QUOTE]

Actually last year they emailed you the codes and you had to manually apply them to your account.

[quote name='Mooby']Last year most people had more codes than they actually wanted to use so it isn't a big issue. Also, if I recall right you get the code regardless of the cost of what you buy and, personally, I already planned on buying DLC for Warlock sometime in Nov/Dec assuming they price match the inevitable 75% Steam prices.[/QUOTE]

This. I've been waiting to pick them up for just this reason. :)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Actually last year they emailed you the codes and you had to manually apply them to your account.[/QUOTE]

I've been checking my promo balance and I've noticed it being added automatically.

[quote name='KidInTheHall']I've been checking my promo balance and I've noticed it being added automatically.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, they must have updated the system then? That would be neat.

[quote name='tjs09']The ending to ME3 does kill the series for me because it means all of the choices I've made over the entire series meant nothing. I don't think I'll ever go back and replay ME1 or ME2 because I already know everything I'm doing is pointless.

Enjoyable, but pointless..[/QUOTE]

I've never really understood that argument, but I guess when I played the ME games I considered Shepherd to be less me than a character in a set story that I controlled the personality of. I controlled the way he talked to people or handled situations, but I knew the situations would always be the same, and I was a part of a story that was unfolding toward it's inevitable conclusion regardless of how I handled the specifics. So to me the ending was just a little bit dumb, but not a dealbreaker or something that hurt what came before it. To each his own, though.

[quote name='dys006']I hate when I do this and it tells me my Amazon MP3 credit balance is $85.

Conditional, or specific item credits will screw up your balances.[/QUOTE]

I was really hoping this was fixed by now. I've been caught up purchasing things in the past when it tells me I have credit, but in fact it is conditional credit that applied to something else entirely. A bit frustrating at times.

Would be cool if Tony could forward this to the people who may be able to adjust it somehow, or at least have game credit stop showing up as MP3 and Video credit.

[quote name='Kurina']I was really hoping this was fixed by now. I've been caught up purchasing things in the past when it tells me I have credit, but in fact it is conditional credit that applied to something else entirely. A bit frustrating at times.

Would be cool if Tony could forward this to the people who may be able to adjust it somehow, or at least have game credit stop showing up as MP3 and Video credit.[/QUOTE]

Like the Credit Card points team, that team gets an email from me every Monday ~8:00AM.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']uhhh? Which sale?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

You know if you weren't stacking awesome sales on top of each other this wouldn't be a problem.

Basically, stop being so awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back