Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shrinerr']Hey Tony, can you give us a hint on what type of games the promotional credit will be good for. Will it be all big AAA games or will you mix in some indie titles? Thanks a bunch![/QUOTE]

Last year there were plenty of AAA games in the promo like Total War series, Homefront, DarkSpore, Duke Nukem, Need For Speed, etc.

[quote name='Brodown']Does anyone know if Hotline Miami activates on Steam?[/QUOTE]

Most places, it does.
You'd have to wait to see Tony says their version uses for DRM.

I actually think GOG is the ONLY place doing it DRM-FREE.
I think it requires Steam, MOST digital download stores (GetGamesGo, GamersGate, etc).

[quote name='seamoss']Talking of demos, how do you get them out of your Amazon Games Library? I've downloaded
a f ew in the past and I don't like seeing them in my games list. Is there a way to delete them
or do I need to contact Amazon CS?[/QUOTE]

Just in case anyone was wondering, apparently it's not possible - from Amazon CS:

I'm extremely sorry. You cannot delete your demo games from your library. Please
understand, it the only data you have to prove that, you made those orders. It is actually
an order history data for customers.

As per our policy, you'll not be able to delete or hide the purchases made by you.

I hope you'll understand.

Oh well, I've been ignoring them for a while now so no big deal - I just wish Amazon
had better library management in general. It's getting quite crowded in there...

i already have starcraft 2 but i hope we see a similar type of deal for skyrim, that would be freeeeeking awesome since amazon don't have the digital yet.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']So poor. So poor. Do those $5 credits stack? I have 3 of them now.[/QUOTE]

they don't stack, at least they didn't the last time they did this promo

Wasn't expecting to buy anything, but then I saw that Starcraft 2 WoL was only $18.55 after coupon. That extra $1.44 made all the difference I guess. lol

Just picked up the THQ deal -- an absolutely amazing deal for 6 games! It'll take me forever to download them, haha, but it's well worth the wait. Thanks, Tony!

As a side note, the people commenting on the Gamespot streaming video right now really are ungrateful. They don't seem to be PC gamers, but that doesn't mean that they should bash any of these wonderful deals.

Good Black Friday but costly, I've really been holding out for Skyrim on PC but I bought just today the THQ Pack, the SR 3 Season Pass and Hotline Miami.

I've always wanted to play Warhammer Space Marine and Homefront, and I'm curious how well my PC can run Metro 2033. Dunno bout the other 3 games, but I'm more then sold for this bundle! Plus a $5 credit? :D

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']Just picked up the THQ deal -- an absolutely amazing deal for 6 games! It'll take me forever to download them, haha, but it's well worth the wait. Thanks, Tony!

As a side note, the people commenting on the Gamespot streaming video right now really are ungrateful. They don't seem to be PC gamers, but that doesn't mean that they should bash any of these wonderful deals.[/QUOTE]

At first they were really pissing me off. After a while though, I started laughing at their epic tears.

[quote name='Echoes']I've always wanted to play Warhammer Space Marine and Homefront, and I'm curious how well my PC can run Metro 2033. Dunno bout the other 3 games, but I'm more then sold for this bundle! Plus a $5 credit? :D[/QUOTE]

Metro is very demanding, what resolution and hardware you running?

I played through at 1080p with a 6850 and a Q8300, 6gb ram with pretty decent performance.

THQ Bundle gets you $5 promo DVG credit in Jan. Blizzard rarely puts their stuff on sale, however since the next SC2 chapter requires the first, I have a crazy expectation that we'll see SC2:WoL on sale a few more times. I remember hearing a lot SC1 players not finding SC2:WoL having longevity.

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']
As a side note, the people commenting on the Gamespot streaming video right now really are ungrateful. They don't seem to be PC gamers, but that doesn't mean that they should bash any of these wonderful deals.[/QUOTE]

actually is just ONE GUY. but he's real drama queen, sending new qq post every minute... trolling like a pr0 :applause:

[quote name='roztworek']actually is just ONE GUY. but he's real drama queen, sending new qq post every minute... trolling like a pr0 :applause:[/QUOTE]

GoDawgs8 is amazing in his QQ'ness.

[quote name='MysterD']Other than TRU blowing out SC2 for $10 a month ago or so, I think that's the best deal I seen for Starcraft 2...[/QUOTE]

Actually Target's $25 clearance for the SC2 CE was the absolute best deal I've seen.. but I think that happened a couple years ago lol.

Tony, first thank you for price matching Steam's Tropico sale. I have a question regarding Tropico 4 Modern Times DLC. I've had terrible experience with Kalypso's customer support, is the key for the DLC Steam redeemable? Really don't want to deal with the Kalypso Downloader again.

[quote name='The End']Wasn't expecting to buy anything, but then I saw that Starcraft 2 WoL was only $18.55 after coupon. That extra $1.44 made all the difference I guess. lol[/QUOTE]

what coupon?

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Metro is very demanding, what resolution and hardware you running?

I played through at 1080p with a 6850 and a Q8300, 6gb ram with pretty decent performance.[/QUOTE]

I already beat it on the Xbox 360. I know my PC can run it, I just don't know how high lol. I'm using a laptop with 1080i, i7-2670QM, 12GB RAM, and a 560M for a graphics card.

[quote name='sunghost']Actually Target's $25 clearance for the SC2 CE was the absolute best deal I've seen.. but I think that happened a couple years ago lol.[/QUOTE]

Ooh, right - I remember that deal.
None of my local Targets had it! :(

Couple questions
1. Is there any plan to allow Amazon reward points (from the Amazon visa) to be spent on the digital downloads?
2. How about a black friday preview? :D Mainly I wonder if Borderlands 2 will be going on sale anytime soon

6. The Tantaling THQ Medley: $9.99 contains (all steam keys):

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl
Warhammer: Space Marine
Red Faction: Armageddon
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Homefront
Metro 2033

$5 code for the next BSO 2012 promo in this deal is crazy.

I would only need Space Marine out of the pack.
I own all the others somewhere else or from Amazon DVG already.

If I actually bought the THQ Pack and sold the other keys off for $1.67 per each game in the form of an Amazon Gift Card, would anybody actually want any of the others?

I grabbed the THQ bundle. Thanks Tony. I am still undecided about pulling the trigger on a 4 pack of forge for me and the homies. Is anyone here planning on playing forge? I liked the beta I downloaded last night was great and I had fun but I did not see enough to pull me in. I am a little worried the game could bomb with not enough players on release.

[quote name='bwrobins']Looks to be sold out now...[/QUOTE]

Was just about to post that. Well Tony said that if this sold well enough during this promo that it would mean that it would return as a deal of a week. I'd say this probably qualifies as selling well enough.

EDIT: oh

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Negative just went down for a hot second. Will be back up shortly.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back