Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Also, anyone know off top what the SRIII Season pass comes with?

Considering it for $5.[/QUOTE]
Genkibowl VII
Gangsters in Space
Trouble with Clones

Also the Nyte Blayde outfits and vehicles.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Good news bad news time:

1. Good news: THQ is psyched about the performance of the promo, we'll be extending through Sunday and likely revisiting again as a Deal of the Week down the road.[/quote]
Cool!

2. Bad news: I got an email from Activision changing all the pricing for Black Friday. Stay tuned for updates.

Cheers,
Tony

Sorry to hear the bad news...
...unless they decide to make Black Ops 1 + MW2 = $7.49. :p

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Sounds good, think I'll be getting it then.[/QUOTE]

I'm done w/ SR3.
Great game, but I'm still cheesed about getting trolled by last Steam Sale having SR3: Franchise Pack on Final Day for $14.
Might just wait til Full Package gets cheap...or something.

any opinions of SR3?

I'm kinda on the fence, I'm sure it's worth 10 bucks but I question if it's going to be one of those games I play for 20 mins and never go back to

[quote name='Fresh8142']any opinions of SR3?

I'm kinda on the fence, I'm sure it's worth 10 bucks but I question if it's going to be one of those games I play for 20 mins and never go back to[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, are you kidding me?! SR3 is a FANTASTIC game.

Hopefully BLOPS 1 will still be $10 by itself.
Activision should understand the STEAM/Amazon theory of PC games sales: put your first game of a series on a deep discount and it will act as a "Gateway Drug" for other games in the series. If BLOPS 1 is fun, of course I would be willing to spend more for BLOPS 2 so I could attempt to attain the same high I got from the first game.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Holy shit, are you kidding me?! SR3 is a FANTASTIC game.[/QUOTE]

apparently I am kidding you heh

Edit: Ok I'm pulling the trigger, it's only 10 bucks I've spent more on much worse games, I'm looking at you Sword of the Stars II

I'm kinda on the fence, I'm sure it's worth 10 bucks but I question if it's going to be one of those games I play for 20 mins and never go back to[/QUOTE]

I have countless hours playing on Xbox and now that I'm back to PC gaming, I'm ready to start the whole hilarious adventure over. (Plus it comes with a $5 promo credit.)

Bought the THQ pack an hour ago, but I still haven't received the credit email. Is this normal? It might have something to do with the fact that I never updated my amazon email address :p (just did it now, btw). If that is a problem (which I believe it is), is there any way to resend that credit?

[quote name='RiseFromYourGrave']Bought the THQ pack an hour ago, but I still haven't received the credit email. Is this normal? It might have something to do with the fact that I never updated my amazon email address :p (just did it now, btw). If that is a problem (which I believe it is), is there any way to resend that credit?[/QUOTE]

The credit automatically applies, it doesn't give you a code to enter.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Just get Darksiders 2 for 9.99 and I'm so down.

Edit: 2 of my friends would buy that too.[/QUOTE]

Funny that THQ Store had a deal for Darksiders II LE Pre-order + Season pass for $25 in November 2011

[quote name='MysterD']I'm done w/ SR3.
Great game, but I'm still cheesed about getting trolled by last Steam Sale having SR3: Franchise Pack on Final Day for $14.
Might just wait til Full Package gets cheap...or something.[/QUOTE]

I still have a copy of SR3: Franchise Pack in my Steam inventory. I can sell it for $15

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Good news bad news time:

1. Good news: THQ is psyched about the performance of the promo, we'll be extending through Sunday and likely revisiting again as a Deal of the Week down the road.
2. Bad news: I got an email from Activision changing all the pricing for Black Friday. Stay tuned for updates.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

1. Tony speak to them about including more games, or two similar packages offering different games, SR2, Fuel of War (albeit it's online is dead) etc... their lesser know games, not only it will bring them additional cash on old franchises, it will allow people to get their less popular games. Packages with collections including dlc aren't a bad idea either.

2. Activision *is* bad news.

Thanks a lot Tony.

SR3 is outstanding.

If you like over-the-top action; missions that get more ridiculous than you can think of; GTA open-world crime games; non-stop comedy, jokes, punchlines, skewering of the entire GTA-game genre, skewing of popular culture; and any other sort of nonsense...

...THIS game is for you.

I couldn't make up half the insanity this game comes up with...
Jumping inside a computer and getting turned into a Toilet Avatar;
Playing SP game and it acts like MP and "purposely" goes choppy and makes you lag;
Jumping out of a plane w/ vehicles flying out of the plane, you skydive out, try to catch Shaundi, and trying to shoot enemies in the sky while before and after catching her;
Drive a tank to skydive it and shoot enemies;
wearing Big Head Outfits while robbing a bank;
robbing a bank and 'copter pulling out the entire second floor of the bank w/ the vault and you standing on top of this floor as you shoot enemies and helicopters down;
a Zombie Outbreak where Burt Reynolds is the mayor of the city;
You actually partake in a hardcore wrestling match.

[quote name='MysterD']SR3 is outstanding.

If you like over-the-top action; missions that get more ridiculous than you can think of; GTA open-world crime games; non-stop comedy, jokes, punchlines, skewering of the entire GTA-game genre, skewing of popular culture; and any other sort of nonsense...

...THIS game is for you.

I couldn't make up half the insanity this game comes up with...
Jumping inside a computer and getting turned into a Toilet Avatar;
Playing SP game and it acts like MP and "purposely" goes choppy and makes you lag;
Jumping out of a plane w/ vehicles flying out of the plane, you skydive out, try to catch Shaundi, and trying to shoot enemies in the sky while before and after catching her;
Drive a tank to skydive it and shoot enemies;
wearing Big Head Outfits while robbing a bank;
robbing a bank and 'copter pulling out the entire second floor of the bank w/ the vault and you standing on top of this floor as you shoot enemies and helicopters down;
a Zombie Outbreak where Burt Reynolds is the mayor of the city;
You actually partake in a hardcore wrestling match.
[/QUOTE]
You totally forgot about running naked in the streets smacking people with a giant pink dildo.

[quote name='BernardoOne']You totally forgot about running naked in the streets smacking people with a giant pink dildo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that too! ;)

And there's also...
Skydiving out of an air-vehicle, while Kanye's "Power" is playing/blaring, and totally taking over a penthouse-mansion to take as your own.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']What makes you guys think that Activision isn't going to LOWER the price of the bundle?

I can dream, right?[/QUOTE]

Tony put that in the BAD NEWS section, not GOOD NEWS...
...Unless Tony is totally TROLLING us.

[quote name='MysterD']Tony put that in the BAD NEWS section, not GOOD NEWS...
...Unless Tony is totally TROLLING us.[/QUOTE]

Bad news, Activision lowered their prices!

[quote name='sunghost']Bad news, Activision lowered their prices![/QUOTE]

Maybe that'd bad news for Activision and Amazon DVG, as they'll both make less $ per copy sold.... :p
Though, I bet they'd make a lot more $, if they actually did lower some of their prices b/c that could move A LOT more units.

*sigh*

I hope Activision isn't halting a potentially awesome Black Ops 2 sale. Come on Activision, PC is a pretty small market for Call of Duty compared to PS3/360. A $40 sale would really jump-start those numbers, letting you sell more DLC!

It's either BO2 or I buy the Battlefield 3 DLC. Your call, Activision.

[quote name='ParticleReality']*sigh*

I hope Activision isn't halting a potentially awesome Black Ops 2 sale. Come on Activision, PC is a pretty small market for Call of Duty compared to PS3/360. A $40 sale would really jump-start those numbers, letting you sell more DLC!

It's either BO2 or I buy the Battlefield 3 DLC. Your call, Activision.[/QUOTE]

After making $500 million on Day 1 in first 24 hours & likely to be one of the fastest selling titles of 2012, do you really think they'll drop BO2's price?

Bwahahahahaha!!

[quote name='MysterD']After making $500 million on Day 1 in first 24 hours & likely to be one of the fastest selling titles of 2012, do you really think they'll drop BO2's price?

Bwahahahahaha!![/QUOTE]

This. If your game is selling like crazy at MSRP, chances are prices won't drop until sales slow down.

[quote name='r9800pro']
I still have a copy of SR3: Franchise Pack in my Steam inventory. I can sell it for $15[/QUOTE]

No thanks.
I already own SR3 (base game) and already paid $10 for that (from Amazon DVG).
Your deal for SR3: Franchise Pack would be a great deal, if I didn't own SR3 (base game) already.

[quote name='MysterD']After making $500 million on Day 1 in first 24 hours & likely to be one of the fastest selling titles of 2012, do you really think they'll drop BO2's price?

Bwahahahahaha!![/QUOTE]

How much of that do you think were PC sales? A one day sale for the least popular SKU isn't going to kill them and would probably drive more DLC sales.

[quote name='ParticleReality']*sigh*

It's either BO2 or I buy the Battlefield 3 DLC. Your call, Activision.[/QUOTE]

You won't see a Black Ops 2 sale for like 6 months. At best you'll get 25% off during Steam Christmas sale. That's pushing it though.

[quote name='ParticleReality']How much of that do you think were PC sales? A one day sale for the least popular SKU isn't going to kill them and would probably drive more DLC sales.[/QUOTE]

I'm certain Activision gives zero fucks about discounting the PC version. Remember, they started pricing the PC version the same as consoles. Also, I'm sure the PC version sold tons.

[quote name='KidInTheHall']SR 2 is great, if I knew it activated on Steam I'd double dip and grab it.[/QUOTE]

You'd have to ask Tony if SR2 PC download from their store is Steam-required.

SR2 PC most places does require Steam.

G4WL Marketplace sold SR2 and it's Non-Steam there.
Not sure if it's Non-Steam anywhere else.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']The ship is sinking

they should have just done 75% off Darksiders 2....but maybe only doing 66% of makes the IP more appealing...[/QUOTE]

They should've had Darksiders 2 + ALL Season Pass DLC = $10. ;)

[quote name='MysterD']You'd have to ask Tony if SR2 PC download from their store is Steam-required.

SR2 PC most places does require Steam.

G4WL Marketplace sold SR2 and it's Non-Steam there.
Not sure if it's Non-Steam anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

There is a review in there that says the game is steam activated, would be nice to get a confirmation though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back