Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony, any chance of Amazon's version of King's Bounty Platinum (or even KB GOTY) being SecuROM-free? I know another user confirmed that SecuROM was on his GamersGate version of Platinum; I'm hoping that Amazon might have enough bargaining power with 1C to help them see the error of their ways.

A purchase hangs in the balance. No rush, though. ;) Thanks in advance!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']The next couple of weeks are going to be stupid awesome :).

Look forward to deals on Deus Ex ($6.99/$7.99 Standard/Augmented) Dungeon Siege III $5, some KILLER Double Fine deals, Serious Sam Franchise sales and our May event, which you guys are going to go nuts for.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I noticed that you mentioned Double Fine. Are you going to start selling their games? If so I would be interested in a good deal on Stacking.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']The next couple of weeks are going to be stupid awesome :).

Look forward to deals on Deus Ex ($6.99/$7.99 Standard/Augmented) Dungeon Siege III $5, some KILLER Double Fine deals, Serious Sam Franchise sales and our May event, which you guys are going to go nuts for.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

May event? There's no way you could top your January event ;).

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
If we do get Torchlight II it would be Steam redeemable. I don't know how likely it is we'll be distributing Runic games in the next month though. We're working on it but I don't have even a rough timeline yet.[/quote]
That's a surprise Torchlight 2 would be Steam redeemable, given the original Torhclight 1 if bought outside of Steam was NOT. It had other DRM.

Though, if you bought Torchlight 1 at Retail on Disc, it was DRM-FREE.

As for getting prequels when pre-ordering sequels, with MP3 that's why we're giving away so much other value towards R* games with the pre-order, rather than just a prequel offer.

I'll work on getting this into the May event. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony
About Max Payne 3 PC - that 35 GB HDD open space requirement is pretty crazy.

[quote name='Mac the Geek']Tony, any chance of Amazon's version of King's Bounty Platinum (or even KB GOTY) being SecuROM-free? I know another user confirmed that SecuROM was on his GamersGate version of Platinum; I'm hoping that Amazon might have enough bargaining power with 1C to help them see the error of their ways.

A purchase hangs in the balance. No rush, though. ;) Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

I see Legend as DRM free, Armored Princess as SecuROM and Crossworlds as Starforce when I look at the Gamersgate listings so I am curious about this too. I really want to play all three but I'm not too excited to install SecuROM on my system and I have read really bad things concerning Starforce.

Does anyone here install games using Starforce? MysterD I saw you mention it and assume your answer is no? Anyone else?

SecureROM is generally not a factor for me unless it involves install limits, which Amazon side-steps with their unlimited policy. Some people report problems.

Starforce, on the other hand, I avoid like the plague.

[quote name='Palinn']Does anyone here install games using Starforce? MysterD I saw you mention it and assume your answer is no? Anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I actually had the same question about Starforce (esp. since I tend to play games under Wine in Linux) so I searched the 1C forums. From the 1C rep on this thread:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=16519&highlight=starforce

"The Proactive DRM from Starforce doesn't install anything on your PC. It is used only for online activation. It won't do any harm to your computer."

In order words, it seems to be just used for serial key validation - it's not the "install crappy drivers and screw up your system" Starforce DRM. Still not ideal (see the comments about activations and deactivations) but not much worse than SecuROM.

[quote name='Palinn']I see Legend as DRM free, Armored Princess as SecuROM and Crossworlds as Starforce when I look at the Gamersgate listings so I am curious about this too. I really want to play all three but I'm not too excited to install SecuROM on my system and I have read really bad things concerning Starforce.

Does anyone here install games using Starforce? MysterD I saw you mention it and assume your answer is no? Anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I have used StarForce, back when it was used for disc-check DRM. StarForce would install drivers specific to an OS - so, if you had an OS it was not supported on, don't expect the game to boot.
SF used to measure the disc to see if it's legit and in the drive; speed up and slow-down your disc-drive (which could ruin your disc drive and/or cause your CD to shatter into pieces; open-up security issues on older OS's; and even some had their OS rendered useless [to the point they had to reinstall Windows].

If it uses StarForce disc-check DRM - if the DRM-disc check has not been removed, I ain't even gonna look at it.

I've personally never had many issues w/ StarForce...knock on wood. I just don't like the way it operates, more so than anything.

I've never have had a game use StarForce for Internet DRM...I hope it's better than their disc-check DRM...

[quote name='seamoss']I actually had the same question about Starforce (esp. since I tend to play games under Wine in Linux) so I searched the 1C forums. From the 1C rep on this thread:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=16519&highlight=starforce
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that link! The posters over there asked pretty much all of the questions I might have and the rep supplied answers so I am good to go. For some reason I never think to go directly to the publisher's site forgetting that they probably all have their own forums.

StarForce disc checking was definitely the worst. I pretty much stopped buying retail boxed PC games after the issues I had with Splinter Cell Chaos Theory back in 2005. I was so psyched to get that game and I ended up not even finishing it because StarForce was causing BSODs, DVD and hard drive slowdown and general sluggishness in Windows. It was real nasty back then and wouldn't even remove itself if you uninstalled the game. Had to do a complete format to get rid of it. They later made an uninstaller for it but still I would never recommending installing that garbage on your system.

[quote name='Idiotekque']So does King's Bounty Platinum use Starforce DRM? It sounds like that's a disc check DRM, so how does that work when it's digital?[/QUOTE]
No clue w/ KB: Platinum from Amazon DVG uses.
I got all my KB games from Steam. long ago - which uses Steam DRM.

But, since I've used A LOT of different DRM's [Securom, SafeDisc, Tages, etc] and styles [Internet, disc], let me try an explain this...

Usually if there's NO Disc involved here - meaning, you bought the game digitally for download - it'll likely use Internet DRM scheme of some kind.

Usually, Internet-style DRM's have required online activation and/or install limits...hopefully w/ revokes, if there's install limits of some kind.
Steam is a little different - and you bind the game to your account and only that account can run said game.

I have no clue if the newer StarForce Internet DRM installs drivers or does any funky stuff like the old SF disc-check ones used to do.

[quote name='smurfinaus']Hey Tony,
So whats the deal with Madden '08?
Was the problem which prevented it from coming up during the sports sale eventually resolved so it can go on sale sometime in future when a EA/Sports sales come up?.

N.[/QUOTE]

I've got my guy recreating the page...for the third time...I have no idea why our system is throwing up on this one.

[quote name='Mac the Geek']Tony, any chance of Amazon's version of King's Bounty Platinum (or even KB GOTY) being SecuROM-free? I know another user confirmed that SecuROM was on his GamersGate version of Platinum; I'm hoping that Amazon might have enough bargaining power with 1C to help them see the error of their ways.

A purchase hangs in the balance. No rush, though. ;) Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

I've reached out to 1C to ask this question. Stay tuned.

[quote name='Rerujnoc']I noticed that you mentioned Double Fine. Are you going to start selling their games? If so I would be interested in a good deal on Stacking.[/QUOTE]

We are going to start selling their games, they will be the Deal of the Week after Deus Ex next week :).

C'mon Tony. What can you tell us about the May event? I gotta have an idea if I should be setting aside something extra for Amazon. I just ordered a water filter from you guys for my fridge! Don't hold out!

[quote name='The Nephilim']C'mon Tony. What can you tell us about the May event? I gotta have an idea if I should be setting aside something extra for Amazon. I just ordered a water filter from you guys for my fridge! Don't hold out![/QUOTE]

lol... we get all our water filters through amazon too.. cheaper there.

Well, when I look in my library where my purchased digital games are, KB is the only one with an activation key, so maybe that's as far as it goes.

If we do get Torchlight II it would be Steam redeemable. I don't know how likely it is we'll be distributing Runic games in the next month though. We're working on it but I don't have even a rough timeline yet.

As for getting prequels when pre-ordering sequels, with MP3 that's why we're giving away so much other value towards R* games with the pre-order, rather than just a prequel offer.

I'll work on getting this into the May event. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

May event? Uh oh. My wallet is already hurting enough..

but the Torchlight news sounds great. I guess I can hold out to see what everyone offers before preordering.

Thanks to those of you pointing out Star Wolves and Space Ranger! I don't mind rough edges and they look really fun.

Are there any other hidden gems from 1C to pair with Cryostasis? Maybe A Farewell to Dragons? Or even Star Wolves 1? I'm not interested in King's Bounty (partly due to DRM), UFO, Penumbra or anything in the WWI/WWII setting.

Is this an OK place to ask if Crysis runs on Windows 7 64 bit? The reviews on Amazon are of a mixed opinion. Anyone here have direct experience?

[quote name='placebo3369']Is this an OK place to ask if Crysis runs on Windows 7 64 bit? The reviews on Amazon are of a mixed opinion. Anyone here have direct experience?[/QUOTE]

It works fine on Windows 7 64 bit. I bought it back in January and haven't had any problems with it. Not sure what type of installer Amazon uses though, I downloaded it on Origin.

[quote name='placebo3369']Is this an OK place to ask if Crysis runs on Windows 7 64 bit? The reviews on Amazon are of a mixed opinion. Anyone here have direct experience?[/QUOTE]

It works fine. Just make sure you can play it, lol. Anyways, I ran into a bug where the game would crash during the final stage. Finally had to switch to the 32bit version to finish the game. I'll get around to playing Crysis Warhead in a while. Playing too many other games now.

Can anyone make some recommendations for this sale ?? I wouldnt mind picking up 2 titles for $5 to kill some time before Diablo 3 comes out .. Unfortunately I am unfamiliar with the game company in question, nor have I played any of the titles listed.

Appreciated !

[quote name='Nintendo_Hawk']Can anyone make some recommendations for this sale ?? I wouldnt mind picking up 2 titles for $5 to kill some time before Diablo 3 comes out .. Unfortunately I am unfamiliar with the game company in question, nor have I played any of the titles listed.

Appreciated ![/QUOTE]

You should probably mention what you like or dislike, but most people will tell you

King's Bounty Platinum
Penumbra Collection
Cryostasis
Men of War Assault Squad GOTY

[quote name='agentghost']how strange, I just realize the Amazon doesn't carry Batman AC :([/QUOTE]

They don't seem to have a contract right now to sell Warner stuff digitally. They even had to yank The Witcher 2 because the re-release changed from Atari over to Warner.

snagged crysis for $5. i'm currently in the middle of building a new pc for diablo 3, but i've never played crysis. i feel it will be a great title to tie me over from the point i finish my machine (late next week) until d3 is released. woot!

Good news CAG. 1C is going to be providing us with DRM free builds for many of these games. I don't have a solid timeline yet or a full list of games, but it looks like a good number of them. We'll replace the builds for those who already purchased with the DRM free ones as we get them in.

As soon as I have a full list I will let you know.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Good news CAG. 1C is going to be providing us with DRM free builds for many of these games. I don't have a solid timeline yet or a full list of games, but it looks like a good number of them. We'll replace the builds for those who already purchased with the DRM free ones as we get them in.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks to you and 1C!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Good news CAG. 1C is going to be providing us with DRM free builds for many of these games. I don't have a solid timeline yet or a full list of games, but it looks like a good number of them. We'll replace the builds for those who already purchased with the DRM free ones as we get them in.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

wel hopefully we got the list before the 1C sale ends :)

I just bought MOW Assault Squad and Vietnam. Can't wait to get more DRM free goodness

[quote name='DarkZero104']Drm free? I wasn't interested before but I am now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='agentghost']wel hopefully we got the list before the 1C sale ends :)

I just bought MOW Assault Squad and Vietnam. Can't wait to get more DRM free goodness[/QUOTE]

You won't see the list before tomorrow, but I've secured a slot to do another promotion with 1C after we make the catalog changes :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Idiotekque']Why are people interested in a 5 year old Madden game? >.>

No offense, just wondering.[/QUOTE]

I think its the last Madden game made for the PC?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']MADDEN IS LIVE!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007XXEG5C/

It will be price back down to 4.99 within the next hour, so those with coupons will be able to get it using their credit :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

If you ever have conversations w/ any of the people at EA, can you PLEASE tell them to port the NEWEST Madden game from consoles over to the PC.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Why are people interested in a 5 year old Madden game? >.>

No offense, just wondering.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I think its the last Madden game made for the PC?[/QUOTE]

This is correct.

[quote name='MysterD']If you ever have conversations w/ any of the people at EA, can you PLEASE tell them to port the NEWEST Madden game from consoles over to the PC.[/QUOTE]

I have already decided to bring this up the next time we talk :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This is correct.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Make sure you relay what EA says over to us. :)

Does anyone know how Madded 08 is? Do people keep up with the rosters and have updates available? How reliable is it all? I may have to pick it up.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
That's freaking really AWESOME news. :D

I wish more companies would do what you at Amazon DVG are doing to try and pushing DRM-FREE. Kudos to 1C for also agreeing to providing you w/ a DRM-FREE Build. :D
I really think when games get old and cheap, DRM-FREE builds are something you guys should always request from game companies.
That gives me even MORE reasons to try to buy from you guys...even though you've already given me a number of reasons why I should buy from you guys.
Very good sale prices; a lot of price-matching; and supplying new keys when we have DRM issues are already great reasons. DRM-FREE can be added to my list of reasons.

EDIT:
[/QUOTE]
Glad to hear this - hope EA listens...We PC Gamers want MADDEN back on the PC!!!

[quote name='ryne candy']Since this is an Amazon thread that gets viewed a large number of times, I thought I would mention in here that Texas will start paying sales tax on Amazon purchases starting July 1st.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-tax-dispute/2012/04/27/gIQAfg2ylT_story.html[/QUOTE]

I split my time in Texas and Washington state so I guess I have no place to hide from taxes now. Texas also caused the closure of a big Amazon facility because of this and costs a lot of people their jobs over the taxes.

Forgot to add this, but I bought Necrovision and Cryostasis from Amazon around Christmas time and neither has DRM that I am aware of. My disc copies of Penumbra are also DRM free.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I split my time in Texas and Washington state so I guess I have no place to hide from taxes now. Texas also caused the closure of a big Amazon facility because of this and costs a lot of people their jobs over the taxes.
[/QUOTE]

I'm in Washington with no alternate so yeah I am pretty much stuck with about %10 sales tax on DD from Amazon, Valve, Microsoft, EA etc etc. The only way I ever can get around it is buying international or buying boxed from somewhere like Newegg.

I need to move somewhere without so many tech companies. :p

Wow, awesome news about the DRM free push, thanks! I was going to get Kings Bounty but stopped after the DRM- I'm not going to risk it until it is for sure DRM free.

Are there any good coop games here that are DRM free? Dawn of Magic 2 looks cool but not sure it has a coop. Even something like League of Legends vs AI mode would be cool. I'm having trouble finding 2 things that I want that are DRM free since I already bought Penumbra years ago for $2.50 from Amazon.

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You won't see the list before tomorrow, but I've secured a slot to do another promotion with 1C after we make the catalog changes :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony, thanks for the quick responses. I'll hold off on King's Bounty until the next 1C promotion -- I want my money to reinforce the idea that DRM has no place in a "long-tail" market. :D

OMG @ me winning both Ryder White and Bloodbath DLC's from Techland's Twitter contest for Dead Island...

Anyways, been looking to buy Dawn of Magic 2....but need a 2nd game for the BOGO
As many probably know, I'm a big RPG and shooter fan...

Any other recommendations for another 1C game to buy?

Here's some 1C games I already own, so DO NOT suggest these:
Cryostasis [Steam];
ALL the King's Bounty games [Steam];
Penumbra Collection [Steam];
Necrovision [DVD Disc] + Lost Company [GMG];
A Farewell To Dragons [Direct2Drive...now GameFly]; and
Alien Shooter: Vengeance [Steam].

What 1C games I'm curious about:
UFO Trilogy games - anybody bought them? How are they?

[quote name='valenor the bored']Does Crysis have any DRM?[/QUOTE]
Crysis 1 on Gamersgate and GameStop PC App are listed as using [some form of] Securom.
I'd guess Amazon DVG's version probably floats in the same boat.
Can anyone confirm or deny if Crysis 1 download from Amazon DVG uses Securom?

I bought Crysis 1 + Warhead from Retail - they use Securom.
Crysis 1 Retail used a simple Securom disc check; that's why I'm not sure what Crysis 1 from digital downloads have for details of what that version of Securom uses.
Can anyone help us out w/ details there?
Crysis: Warhead from Retail & Digital uses Securom w/ required online activation; 5 installs for an install limit and allowed revokes/deauths.

EDIT:
If you're looking for what EA games have revoke tools and/or their DRM details, look here for some of them.

Crysis 1 has an activation limit and doesn't have a revoke tool. Warhead does have a revoke tool. Not sure if there's any way to revoke an activation for Crysis 1. The activation process is 100% silent so you won't even notice it until you run out of activations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back