Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sunghost']Crysis 1 has an activation limit and doesn't have a revoke tool. Warhead does have a revoke tool. Not sure if there's any way to revoke an activation for Crysis 1. The activation process is 100% silent so you won't even notice it until you run out of activations.[/QUOTE]

That sucks; never knew you couldn't revoke activations with Crysis. Good thing Amazon gives you more activation KEYs at no cost! TY Amazon :applause:

[quote name='UW_Shocks']That sucks; never knew you couldn't revoke activations with Crysis.[/quote]
Oooh, that does bite...

Good thing Amazon gives you more activation KEYs at no cost! TY Amazon :applause:
+1 for Amazon DVG!

[quote name='UW_Shocks']That sucks; never knew you couldn't revoke activations with Crysis. Good thing Amazon gives you more activation KEYs at no cost! TY Amazon :applause:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that form of DRM is the most annoying to me (limitied activations and no way to revoke them). Amazon is probably the best place to buy Crysis 1 from, never have to worry about getting a new key.

[quote name='sunghost']Crysis 1 has an activation limit and doesn't have a revoke tool. Warhead does have a revoke tool. Not sure if there's any way to revoke an activation for Crysis 1. The activation process is 100% silent so you won't even notice it until you run out of activations.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't Amazon give you another key if you hit the activation limit?

EDIT: I'm slow >.>

[quote name='Motoki']I'm in Washington with no alternate so yeah I am pretty much stuck with about %10 sales tax on DD from Amazon, Valve, Microsoft, EA etc etc. The only way I ever can get around it is buying international or buying boxed from somewhere like Newegg.

I need to move somewhere without so many tech companies. :p[/QUOTE]

High-five (+ sales tax) fellow Washingtonian!

It sucks see all steam/amazon prices and needing to add sales tax to them.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']It works fine. Just make sure you can play it, lol. Anyways, I ran into a bug where the game would crash during the final stage. Finally had to switch to the 32bit version to finish the game. I'll get around to playing Crysis Warhead in a while. Playing too many other games now.[/QUOTE]

There isn't a demo for Crysis is there? The can you run it site says my pc passes the minimum but doesn't meet the recommended due to my cpu. Most of the time I find that when my pc meets the minimum it's not even playable.

Recommended: Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz/Athlon X2 4400+ or better
You Have: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz

I don't get it. Isn't Core 2 Duo and Dual-Core the same thing? Mind you I am pc stupid lol.

[quote name='kidrocklive']There isn't a demo for Crysis is there? The can you run it site says my pc passes the minimum but doesn't meet the recommended due to my cpu. Most of the time I find that when my pc meets the minimum it's not even playable.

I don't get it. Isn't Core 2 Duo and Dual-Core the same thing? Mind you I am pc stupid lol.[/QUOTE]

You CPU is very old. Here is a ranking of Intel processors.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us.../compare-intel-processors.html?select=desktop

You are going to want to get into the i series to play newer games. The i5 2500k is probably the best for gaming.

[quote name='kidrocklive']There isn't a demo for Crysis is there? The can you run it site says my pc passes the minimum but doesn't meet the recommended due to my cpu. Most of the time I find that when my pc meets the minimum it's not even playable.

I don't get it. Isn't Core 2 Duo and Dual-Core the same thing? Mind you I am pc stupid lol.[/QUOTE]

The following is my opinion:

Just got to remember, minimum specifications = minimum satisfied experience; meaning everything put on lowest graphics settings.
Recommended settings = average settings for a recommended experience; but in my opinion is NOT equivalent to the specifications needed to max the graphics settings.

Core-2-Duo is a specific branding name given to a specific class of CPUs [they can be dual or quad core - yes I know they have Core-2-Quad]. Yes, you do have a "Dual-core-Pentium" Intel CPU, but you do not have a "Core-2-Duo" brand Intel CPU [Pentium is a very low tier CPU, Celeron = lowest, then Pentium; desktop wise [yes I know there's also Intel Atom CPUs]].

For Crysis, you need a strong GPU. Any modern dedicated GPU [last 2-3 years] should be able to play Crysis at least on the lowest settings.

Again, the above is my opinion
Good luck

[quote name='kaydigi']How do you get a new key from Amazon, customer service?[/QUOTE]

You should just be able to start up a chat session or send an email and let them know you've run out of activations. They should re-issue a new key at that point.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You should just be able to start up a chat session or send an email and let them know you've run out of activations. They should re-issue a new key at that point.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

damn didn't know that. you guys are great!!!

[quote name='MysterD']@TONY
Today's the last day for the 1C BOGO, right?[/QUOTE]

Sure is buddy, we'll have another 1C sale again once I have all the DRM free builds ready but I'm not sure when that will be as it takes some time for us to get back catalog ingested, tested and ready for sale.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sure is buddy, we'll have another 1C sale again once I have all the DRM free builds ready but I'm not sure when that will be as it takes some time for us to get back catalog ingested, tested and ready for sale.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Any idea if the next 1C Catalog Sale will possibly be another BOGO sale like this one?
I can't really seem to find a 2nd title I want here right now...

[quote name='UW_Shocks']The following is my opinion:

For Crysis, you need a strong GPU. Any modern dedicated GPU [last 2-3 years] should be able to play Crysis at least on the lowest settings.

Again, the above is my opinion
Good luck[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your help and input. I just bought a new graphics card (Radeon HD6670). Box says it came out in 2010. I plan to build my next pc with a buddy and get much better equipment then. I got this card to plan some more stuff on pc until then. I got a lot to learn haha.

[quote name='ryne candy']I thought I would mention in here that Texas will start paying sales tax on Amazon purchases starting July 1st.[/QUOTE]

Well...fuck. I'll have to see by how much and adjust my spending accordingly. :/

Btw, is this wikipedia article about Alien Shooter accurate in that we can copy the speech folder from the Amazon download and pop it into Steam's Alien Shooter 2 Reloaded to add voice overs?

@Tony: If someone bought games that DO have DRM during this sale, will they be able to redownload the same games DRM free once that is updated?

This is probably worth noting...

Some of the games on this 1C Sale, their Demos can be found on the Official 1C website...
...such as the UFO games; King's Bounty games; Fantasy Wars; Death to Spies; etc.

So, umm...yeah... :)

You can always test the demo out and see if you want the full game...

[quote name='Idiotekque']@Tony: If someone bought games that DO have DRM during this sale, will they be able to redownload the same games DRM free once that is updated?[/QUOTE]

Yep :). I'm not 100% sure though which titles are going DRM free, based on my last email exchange I THINK everything except:

[FONT=&quot]RnR, and MoW AS will be DRM free...but I want to wait until I have confirmation on this to put together our next sale.

Cheers,
Tony
[/FONT]

[quote name='bobphone']So what startz tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Deus Ex Standard - $6.99
Deus Ex Augmented - $7.99
Dungeon Siege III - $4.99

All activate on Steam.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Deus Ex Standard - $6.99

All activate on Steam.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Ummm..is it Square-Enix week next week?
Any other Square-Enix games on sale next week?

[quote name='MysterD']Ummm..is it Square-Enix week next week?
Any other Square-Enix games on sale next week?[/QUOTE]

I wish...We're working on getting the other Square Enix games up for sale on Amazon.com (most Steam Activated) but we couldn't get them up in time for this sale.

We figured the lowest price on Deus Ex and Dungeon Siege would be good enough :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I wish...We're working on getting the other Square Enix games up for sale on Amazon.com (most Steam Activated) but we couldn't get them up in time for this sale.

We figured the lowest price on Deus Ex and Dungeon Siege would be good enough :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I already own those...

Is there anything else from any other game companies on sale next week?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Deus Ex Standard - $6.99

All activate on Steam.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Tony you have one grateful CAG here I was not going to buy games (until I start beating my other ones) unless they are too cheap to pass and Dungeon Siege III is on the list I was going to get it during the holiday sale but forgot to get it and missed the deal. Thanks I will get it tomorrow.

hehe is there anyone that doesnt have DE HR yet? :p was $10 last year and 7.50 twice on gamersgate and once for that price on steam

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yep :). I'm not 100% sure though which titles are going DRM free, based on my last email exchange I THINK everything except:

[FONT=&quot]RnR, and MoW AS will be DRM free...but I want to wait until I have confirmation on this to put together our next sale.

Cheers,
Tony
[/FONT][/QUOTE]
Awesome; thanks for the info. :)

Thanks god, i'm have saved my wallet 2 weeks on streak :). Last week, i own 1C pack from gamersgate so no buy; this week i own Squeenix pack from Holiday Steam sale so another savings :). C u guys in May :)

I'm excited for this May sale.

I still haven't picked up Deus Ex: HR, but given the great deals that have been offered I might still hold off. My backlog is INSANE.

[quote name='MysterD']Any idea if the next 1C Catalog Sale will possibly be another BOGO sale like this one?
I can't really seem to find a 2nd title I want here right now...[/QUOTE]get Death to Spies. its basically Hitman but harder. or try space rangers 2, people are saying thats an excellent time sink

Already got DS3 at twice the price recently and Augmented Edition at $10 during one of the price matches. Have not played them yet. What a waste for me :/

Yes eager to see what's in store for this May sale too!

I haven't fired it up yet, but Space Rangers 2 seems pretty badass. You can apparently do whatever you want in it, Fallout style. Be good or evil, pirate or peacekeeper, etc. Not sure how that works in a turn based strategy game, but it will be interesting to find out. It seems to have both space and ground battles as well.

[quote name='Ichigo1993']Will have to pick up the Walking Dead after playing the demo![/QUOTE]

There's a demo? Also I didn't see any specific mention in the OP but is this walking dead sale apart of the weekend deal or does it last longer?

Hey Tony,

Tried to send you a PM and it says your inbox is full.

By the way just bought DS3 thanks for the deal.

[quote name='Archfiend']get Death to Spies. its basically Hitman but harder. or try space rangers 2, people are saying thats an excellent time sink[/QUOTE]

I tried the Demo.
Yeah, it's REALLY tough.

Well, 1C deal's over...so, maybe next time when 1C stuff goes on sale, I'll look at it again...

[quote name='MysterD']Well, 1C deal's over...so, maybe next time when 1C stuff goes on sale, I'll look at it again...[/QUOTE]

Figures my luck lol. I seen Cryostasis and watched a video thought ohh that looks cool. Then seen it was made by 1C which I remember reading was on sale and now it's not lol.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Figures my luck lol. I seen Cryostasis and watched a video thought ohh that looks cool. Then seen it was made by 1C which I remember reading was on sale and now it's not lol.[/QUOTE]

If you have a DX10+ machine, Cryostasis is a pretty good looking game, graphically.
It's definitely different - and it's good, too.

[quote name='MysterD']If you have a DX10+ machine, Cryostasis is a pretty good looking game, graphically.
It's definitely different - and it's good, too.[/QUOTE]

I liked the trailer for it. Downloading the demo now. If I like it I'll watch out for a repeat sale hopefully.

[quote name='headpiece747']Hey Tony,

By the way just bought DS3 thanks for the deal.[/QUOTE]

Looks like a couple people tried to PM me, apologies for the full inbox. I cleared out some space so you should try again :).

Cheers,
Tony

@TONY
Can we expect another 1C Sale once [most of] everything goes DRM-FREE?
Will it be in May? June? July?
Will it be another BOGO Sale?
Or am I asking too much way too early? :p

[quote name='headpiece747']Hey Tony,

By the way just bought DS3 thanks for the deal.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']@TONY
Can we expect another 1C Sale once [most of] everything goes DRM-FREE?
Will it be in May? June? July?
Will it be another BOGO Sale?
Or am I asking too much way too early? :p[/QUOTE]

You can definitely expect another sale once the DRM free stuff comes through. I'm not sure when that will happen though as there are a ton of variables (how long it takes us to actually get new builds from 1C, how long it takes us to QA and put those on sale, where the sale will fall in our promo calendar, etc).

As for the structure, I need to run the analysis and see how this BOGO did before I can comment there :).

Cheers,
Tony

Tony, thanks for the awesome deals! Just grabbed Deus Ex HR AE...I had picked up the regular version last time it was on Steam, glad I saved it to my inventory. I'll trade/gift that one, $8 for the better version is better than I paid for the regular version. You're giving even Steam sales a run for their money, for that, CAGs salute you!

Why is Texas mentioned as having sales tax added on Amazon purchases on July 1st? I knew they made a deal in California to start charging tax (and all the political trappings involved), but I didn't think that started until the end of this year. Is that what this is related to? Is it only Texas that starts paying sales tax on Amazon that soon?

I reaaly appreciate any info. I don't have time to look around for myself atm.

BTW, I have a 30+ PHYSICAL game backlog (much more when XBL/PSN games are counted), so I should be set for a year. I can't help myself, even though I own some of these on console, I bought Crysis 2, BFBC2, Crysis (I REALLY hope it works on Windows 7 64-bit), and thinking about DE:HR (even though I own it & the $15 DLC on ps3). I did recently spend a ton of money on a gaming PC recently (my 1st one EVER :whee:). What to do, what to do, lol.

THANKS for the deals, Tony. Your community outreach & fantastic attitude gets MUCH respect from myself, and my friends here. That goes a long way with us!

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Tony, thanks for the awesome deals! Just grabbed Deus Ex HR AE...I had picked up the regular version last time it was on Steam, glad I saved it to my inventory. I'll trade/gift that one, $8 for the better version is better than I paid for the regular version. You're giving even Steam sales a run for their money, for that, CAGs salute you![/QUOTE]
Hey, since this is all digital, what exactly do you get extra with the Augmented Edition? It seems it's all physical stuff -
  • Exclusive 40-page Artbook - Showcasing the concepts behind the world of 2027. Discover the origins of the design, the characters and the weapons of Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • 44-minute making-of chronicling the trials and tribulations of the Eidos-Montreal team
  • Motion comic based on the first issue of the DC Comics adaptation
  • Game soundtrack composed by Michael McCann
  • E3 Trailer and animated storyboard
Does anyone know exactly what the digital Augmented Edition comes with in addition to the standard edition? Any help is much appreciated, guys!

[quote name='twztid13']Hey, since this is all digital, what exactly do you get extra with the Augmented Edition? It seems it's all physical stuff -
  • Exclusive 40-page Artbook - Showcasing the concepts behind the world of 2027. Discover the origins of the design, the characters and the weapons of Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • 44-minute making-of chronicling the trials and tribulations of the Eidos-Montreal team
  • Motion comic based on the first issue of the DC Comics adaptation
  • Game soundtrack composed by Michael McCann
  • E3 Trailer and animated storyboard
Does anyone know exactly what the digital Augmented Edition comes with in addition to the standard edition? Any help is much appreciated, guys![/QUOTE]

You get all that, digitally

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back