Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any way to get a Steam version of Stronghold Collection. That game has never been on sale on Steam and $4.99 is a great price point; will probably buy regardless.

Anyone want Tomb Raider Underworld for $1? Just buy the Square Enix Collection and I'll pay you $6.49 paypal for the steam keys to the other games.

[quote name='Chariblaze']Is Civ IV Complete worth it if I already own Civ V? And can anyone recommend SimCity 4?[/QUOTE]

SimCity 4 is awesome and $4.99 is a great price. I happen to love SimCity 3k Unlimited a bit more, but it is a bit older.

I lost my disk from my original so I'm definitely grabbing one from Amazon during the sale.

So far looks like I'm in for ARMA Combined Ops and Black Mirror 3. Probably a PayDay 4 pack to force fam and friends to play with me.

Also, if anyone getting the square enix pack doesn't want/need Supreme Commander 2, just PM, I'd be willing to pay you $1.50 for it. I can also pay in Amazon GC through email so you can have it before buying the pack.

Some nice deals in the MAYhem sale. Looking forward to picking up FFXI tomorrow. If any CAG gets FFXI and makes their character on the Ragnarok server PM me, I'll be happy to help you out and hook you up with a little starter gil.

Tomb Raider Underworld in the Square Enix Pack shows the GFWL version. Is that to say that there will be a 25-digit key we can use to access the game on Games for Windows Live and unlock Xbox achievements? That would be pretty cool, and I'd definitely hook another CAG up with the other keys.

[quote name='Blade']Tomb Raider Underworld in the Square Enix Pack shows the GFWL version. Is that to say that there will be a 25-digit key we can use to access the game on Games for Windows Live and unlock Xbox achievements? That would be pretty cool, and I'd definitely hook another CAG up with the other keys.[/QUOTE]

Look up four posts above yours.

[quote name='RavenHawk']Look up four posts above yours.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. I'd like to know if TR:U really works with GFWL before contacting ev768 about it.

[quote name='Blade']Yeah, that's what I was referring to. I'd like to know if TR:U really works with GFWL before contacting ev768 about it.[/QUOTE]

TR: U is definitely a GFW game...not so sure about the Steam activation though.

*edit* To clarify, it is not "live" enabled, but I am not sure if it can be activated on Steam and has Steam achievements.
Either way, if you can get it for $1, who cares?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']It will be, I'm still in the process of updating.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Excellent. Thanks for all your hard work Tony.

Wow. I'm kind of psyched for this. Great deal on the X-Com games. I like Stronghold Collection. Trying to figure out if I should go for Divinity. I already own that on OnLive though.....

Wow, awesome deals in the Mayhem sale! I still have about $20 in my Amazon account but that's not going to be enough for this sale. ;)

Does X-com really need Steam? Could it be installed completely independent of Steam? Thanks Tony for checking on Silent Storm. If you offer it, Amazon would be the only place for it.

[quote name='avwjase']So, will Just Cause 2 be 2.99 in this sale? I remember you teased it at that price earlier and I saw mentions of it.[/QUOTE]

We ended up putting it in the Square Enix pack instead, again it was one of those "if you want to do this we need to pull this" conversation. We decided to pack a ton of value into the pack instead of just offer another $3 game. Sorry I didn't communicate this sooner.

[quote name='pinkgun']Hey Tony STORM Frontline Nation - $4.99 is steam redeemable as well according to its store page[/QUOTE]

Updating OP. Thanks man!

[quote name='yangwenli']Does X-com really need Steam? Could it be installed completely independent of Steam? Thanks Tony for checking on Silent Storm. If you offer it, Amazon would be the only place for it.[/QUOTE]
We actually didn't have the option to not distribute Xcom games outside of Steam for this one. Apparently the binaries are so old that it makes more sense to distribute through Steam for game stability.

Cheers,
Tony

Does Amazon sell the Digital Deluxe version of Mafia II for PC Download? If so, will that be on sale too?

Oh by the way Tony, you need to remove the link for Roller Coaster Tycoon 3: Platinum Edition from the OP. Obviously you've been busy with a lot of ****, so I can see how it'd be easy for you to miss it. Just calling it to your attention.

Probably not; I couldn't find it. You can still buy the big box version for $20 and the jewel case version for $10 new though. Not too bad; it's totally worth it. That's one of the greatest games ever created in my opinion (and the mods on that game make it incredible, seriously).

Aww, what happened to X-COM Interceptor? I noticed it was missing on the Amazon page and come back here, sure enough it was taken off the OP. Any reason why? I know it's no one else's favorite X-COM game, but I was looking forward to playing it again. Guess I'll just have to go with Steam instead.

[quote name='Snowmaru']Aww, what happened to X-COM Interceptor? I noticed it was missing on the Amazon page and come back here, sure enough it was taken off the OP. Any reason why? I know it's no one else's favorite X-COM game, but I was looking forward to playing it again. Guess I'll just have to go with Steam instead.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I was about to comment on this.

Basically the individual version won't work super hot on newer machines, it is part of the "complete" pack though and apparently whatever wizadry happens when you redeem the pack makes it run better on newer machines.

No idea why, that's just what the people who are smarter than me tell me...

Cheers,
Tony

i don't want to sound ungrateful, believe me, i'm not - but i was thinking, a lot of the hardware suppliers are getting tons of attention via hardware giveaways, etc - i think it would be cool to have like an amazon credit giveaway - before you go all 'stop being greedy' on me, here me out -

during the checkout stage, give me an option to 'like' or 'share' my purchase to my facebook wall, showing all my facebook friends what i've purchased. then, lets say you sell 14 thousand units during the mayhem sale, and of those, you get maybe 30% of them to 'share' or like their purchase to their facebook wall, just randomly select like 3 or 5 people and give them a 25 dollar amazon credit, on the other hand, you could maybe give 1 winner a 50 dollar credit, the next 2 winners a 25 dollar credit, and then the next 4 would get a 10 dollar credit, etc.

i'm pretty sure amazon spends a hell of a lot more than a hundred bucks on their social media advertising, and getting 5-10 thousand people to link directly to a sale item on their facebook page is probably pretty solid advertising in terms of click-through sale percentages. i mean if you think about, who is the most likely demographic to make a purchase on your sales? the friends of people who make a purchase.

just saying

[quote name='kwirl']i don't want to sound ungrateful, believe me, i'm not - but i was thinking, a lot of the hardware suppliers are getting tons of attention via hardware giveaways, etc - i think it would be cool to have like an amazon credit giveaway - before you go all 'stop being greedy' on me, here me out -

during the checkout stage, give me an option to 'like' or 'share' my purchase to my facebook wall, showing all my facebook friends what i've purchased. then, lets say you sell 14 thousand units during the mayhem sale, and of those, you get maybe 30% of them to 'share' or like their purchase to their facebook wall, just randomly select like 3 or 5 people and give them a 25 dollar amazon credit, on the other hand, you could maybe give 1 winner a 50 dollar credit, the next 2 winners a 25 dollar credit, and then the next 4 would get a 10 dollar credit, etc.

i'm pretty sure amazon spends a hell of a lot more than a hundred bucks on their social media advertising, and getting 5-10 thousand people to link directly to a sale item on their facebook page is probably pretty solid advertising in terms of click-through sale percentages. i mean if you think about, who is the most likely demographic to make a purchase on your sales? the friends of people who make a purchase.

just saying[/QUOTE]

Have you somehow accessed my computer?

In all seriousness we've looked at, and will likely execute something like that in the future, unfortunately giveaways that require the user to take action take ALOT of legal review. I've actually had one in the works with one of our hardware partner for months that will be kicking off with a publisher next month or July.

Right now I'm pretty buried getting stuff like these sales off the ground...that doesn't mean your idea isn't a good one...because I think it is and we'll likely do something like it in the future.

That being said, we did donate "free games for a year" to Cheapy's holiday Child's Play raffle", this was a $700+ prize and we didn't have anyone drive any chatter around it, which makes it hard for me to go back to the well with legal to get stuff approved.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry I was about to comment on this.

Basically the individual version won't work super hot on newer machines, it is part of the "complete" pack though and apparently whatever wizadry happens when you redeem the pack makes it run better on newer machines.

No idea why, that's just what the people who are smarter than me tell me...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I didn't even notice there WAS a complete pack. I'll be buying that for sure then. Thanks for the quick reply!

Is there actually a time when the sale is going to start? Comparable to the weekend deals tonight at about 12pm PST or sometime during the day?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Have you somehow accessed my computer?

In all seriousness we've looked at, and will likely execute something like that in the future, unfortunately giveaways that require the user to take action take ALOT of legal review. I've actually had one in the works with one of our hardware partner for months that will be kicking off with a publisher next month or July.

Right now I'm pretty buried getting stuff like these sales off the ground...that doesn't mean your idea isn't a good one...because I think it is and we'll likely do something like it in the future.

That being said, we did donate "free games for a year" to Cheapy's holiday Child's Play raffle", this was a $700+ prize and we didn't have anyone drive any chatter around it, which makes it hard for me to go back to the well with legal to get stuff approved.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

i never considered that allowing someone to 'like' or 'share' to their facebook wall would require legal protection, simply because it seems to me that everything i don't want on my wall goes there anyway. i applaud your stance, its just that i really wish that things like this *did* go to my wall, because it is something that i genuinely think my friends should know about. as it is, i usually update my wall with direct links to the cag page so that i can help generate revenue for both cag and amazon, and since getting great deals on games is what many of my friends like, well, everyone wins except the people who leave their facebook farm unattended. sorry, zynga. no love.

i've never doubted the charitable nature of amazon, i'm quite the fan of Mr. Bezos' charitable efforts, particularly how he steps up in the wake of global catastrophe, such as the tsunami and katrina, et al. I was basically saying that from an SEO standpoint, i recall spending quite a lot of money for a modest CTR which was a fraction of how much amazon spends on its SEO practice - i'm relatively positive that this kind of 'direct' product placement on people's walls would be easily facilitated with a fraction of the cost used as 'giveaways' to generate traction. I've seen firsthand a few other facebook presences triple in size in under 60 days simply by offering a weekly prize. In this economy, many people are balancing those nickels and dimes that add up to our gaming expenses, and there are more of us who would be more than happy to advertise your services for a chance at increasing that balance than those who would not.

[quote name='Snowmaru']I didn't even notice there WAS a complete pack. I'll be buying that for sure then. Thanks for the quick reply![/QUOTE]

ditto that - x-com is the greatest pc game of all time (sorry, civ fans, suck it)

[quote name='Snowmaru']I didn't even notice there WAS a complete pack. I'll be buying that for sure then. Thanks for the quick reply![/QUOTE]

Yep there will be, I just found out (and posted on reddit as well) that the XCOM pack and maybe the Steam Bioshock bundle may not make it up tomorrow, we're running into some back end issues.

[quote name='uqblf']Is there actually a time when the sale is going to start? Comparable to the weekend deals tonight at about 12pm PST or sometime during the day?[/QUOTE]

Everything that starts on 5/17 (bar 2-3 items that are having an issue on our backend) will go live in about 3.5 hours.

Cheers,
Tony

Hey Tony,

Just double checking, but when I buy one of the Serious Sam games on Amazon, I'll get a CD key I can register on Steam, correct?

Also if anyone has an extra copy of Serious Sam 3 they got in the 4 pack, message me and I'll buy it.

Are any of the DLCs included with Mafia 2? I've been waiting for an opportunity to buy everything in one fell swoop.

[quote name='lolwut?']Hey Tony,

Just double checking, but when I buy one of the Serious Sam games on Amazon, I'll get a CD key I can register on Steam, correct?

Also if anyone has an extra copy of Serious Sam 3 they got in the 4 pack, message me and I'll buy it.[/QUOTE]

This is accurate.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='60fps']Are any of the DLCs included with Mafia 2? I've been waiting for an opportunity to buy everything in one fell swoop.[/QUOTE]

How is the DLC for Mafia II? I got it for free with my GFX card last year, but haven't fired it up yet. I loved the Godfather and Scarface games. Is Mafia I worth a purchase? Do I get any back story on it?

[quote name='The End']Does Amazon sell the Digital Deluxe version of Mafia II for PC Download? If so, will that be on sale too?

Oh by the way Tony, you need to remove the link for Roller Coaster Tycoon 3: Platinum Edition from the OP. Obviously you've been busy with a lot of ****, so I can see how it'd be easy for you to miss it. Just calling it to your attention.[/QUOTE]

Obviously this slipped through the cracks (either that or Tony is ignoring me, lol) so I'll quote this to see if it gets noticed the second time.

Wow, Final Fantasy 14 for $8?

Seems like the perfect time to try the game out. When does this deal go live? I've been refreshing since midnight.

I cannot believe this is only for the first few days of Mayhem - what has been posted so far is already a major sale. You can tell a ton of work has gone into crafting a huge event that really appeals to real gamers. As someone who is often described as quite jaded, I'm seriously impressed.

@Tony: keep it up bro. I hope you guys sell a bazillion dollars worth of digital goods here so that the message is sent to publishers that what you're doing is what people want. Kudos to you and the team :)

[quote name='seaniccus']Wow, Final Fantasy 14 for $8?

Seems like the perfect time to try the game out. When does this deal go live? I've been refreshing since midnight.[/QUOTE]

It goes live around 12:30 PST (usually not 100% exact), about an hour and 13 minutes from now.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']How is the DLC for Mafia II? I got it for free with my GFX card last year, but haven't fired it up yet. I loved the Godfather and Scarface games. Is Mafia I worth a purchase? Do I get any back story on it?[/QUOTE]

I think they have different characters and story, but Mafia 1 is definitely worth a purchase! It's one of the greatest singleplayer games out there.

[quote name='The End']Obviously this slipped through the cracks (either that or Tony is ignoring me, lol) so I'll quote this to see if it gets noticed the second time.[/QUOTE]

Whoops, sorry dude :( totally missed this. Today (5/16) was my birthday so my GF picked me up from work for a late lunch...I think I saw this message as I was closing down the laptop and never went back to it. My bad man.

I don't think we have a functioning version of the director's cut, and I know for sure it isn't making it into this sale.

Sorry man.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='sunghost']It goes live around 12:30 PST (usually not 100% exact), about an hour and 13 minutes from now.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, thanks -- maybe i'll get it in the morning then, seems like the deal goes for a few days.

[quote name='buckythekat']damn I would totally grab Yesterday if it activated on Steam

I'll probably just get Gray Matter finally instead for my adventure game fix[/QUOTE]

I think our version of Yesterday is a Steam version. I will ask Focus.

[quote name='Lint21']I cannot believe this is only for the first few days of Mayhem - what has been posted so far is already a major sale. You can tell a ton of work has gone into crafting a huge event that really appeals to real gamers. As someone who is often described as quite jaded, I'm seriously impressed.

@Tony: keep it up bro. I hope you guys sell a bazillion dollars worth of digital goods here so that the message is sent to publishers that what you're doing is what people want. Kudos to you and the team :)[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks man, we are doing a ton of work to craft a really compelling event for everyone. Need for Speed, Mirror's Edge, Alice, and Kingdoms of Amalur fans should be pumped for the upcoming offers as well :).

Seriously though if you want to help send the message even louder to the publishers, help spread the word to your own network of gamer friends. I can pull levers all day with our email lists, social media, and on site merchandising, but you telling 5 of your friends who tell 5 of their friends about our deals and service is 205832984298489320 more effective.

Guys like MysterD, Nelo Ice, Xanchui et al (apologies for the MANY of you I didn't mention), really make a difference in driving our business...and it justifies the amount of time I spend building these communities with you all.

/steps off box.

Thanks for the compliment man :) We're killing ourselves over here trying to create something really cool.

[quote name='seaniccus']Wow, Final Fantasy 14 for $8?

Seems like the perfect time to try the game out. When does this deal go live? I've been refreshing since midnight.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']It goes live around 12:30 PST (usually not 100% exact), about an hour and 13 minutes from now.[/QUOTE]

We've been having some really rough issues with our price flippage so it might be closer to 1:00AM PST. If it goes much past that I start sending red exclamation point emails and calling cell phones.

[quote name='madnessnewb']I think they have different characters and story, but Mafia 1 is definitely worth a purchase! It's one of the greatest singleplayer games out there.[/QUOTE]

Mafia 1 is a legit game AND I just got the product page for it so the only stuff we're missing is Syndicate and the XCom complete pack, which I'm told will be live by tomorrow :).

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back