Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are running out of Ass Creed and Far Cry series, it shows how good this deal is, i have no idea it is good new or bad new :)

[quote name='CheapThomas']Isn't there supposed to be an AMD 64 patch for farcry 1? has anyone been able to run it patched on win7 64? I really want to play this but not going to go through the trouble of dual booting.

EDIT: looks like both 1 and 2 are sold out / unavailable. hopefully there'll be more keys...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='metalkidz']They are running out of Ass Creed and Far Cry series, it shows how good this deal is, i have no idea it is good new or bad new :)[/QUOTE]

I'm 100% unsure as to why these products are down. I've filed a trouble ticket with our engineering team and sent out little red exclamation point emails. Hopefully these will be back up early tomorrow (or tonight if I can figure out the wizadry going on in our back end system).

**EDIT** Back up now.

Cheers,
Tony

Uh yeah, clearly Bulletstorm should be your St. Patty's Day sale. Not only does the main character have a drinking problem, you can get drunk in the game. I always celebrate the day with a beer. Doesn't everyone? :)

[quote name='Flintgijoe']Not sure why people are not jumping on Far Cry 2. I loved the game on 360. It isn't game of the year like material, but it can be a lot of fun.

Repetitive. Yup. Not very challenging. Sure. Not much of a story. Yup. Enemies that respawn at the checkpoint you cleared out 5minutes ago. Yeah from time to time. But I had a ton of fun with this game.

I remember enjoying planning how to take out a convoy, setting mines, hiding behind a tree. Waiting around and blowing stuff up. I could have just blown up every thing with some rocket launcher, but dang it was fun trying to stick to a plan, and running the heck away when things got out of hand.

85 metacritic. About what i would give it. A solid 8.5.

Maybe I was able to enjoy it because I never played Far Cry and had no expectations.[/QUOTE]

I''m on the same train. I played FarCry 2 before playing the first one. If my memory doesn't fail, if you end up full cleaning a post (it become "yours" or something like that) enemies don't respawn on that point. My mistake was making so many side missions, I couldn't end the game because I get bored. BUT, I log a good 17hs on it!. Sometime I'll play it again, was a good game. I'll give it a 85/100 score too

[quote name='CheapThomas']Isn't there supposed to be an AMD 64 patch for farcry 1? has anyone been able to run it patched on win7 64? I really want to play this but not going to go through the trouble of dual booting.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about the amazon version, but the Steam one works fine on my Win 7 64 Home Premium, I didn't touch anything.

That would be so much better if a clean post became yours and enemies stopped respawning. But that's not the case, it's a shame the files for FarCry2 were never released and so mods couldn't fix the issue.
I ended up having to use a cheat code to finish without all the respawning bothering me.

[quote name='CheapThomas']Isn't there supposed to be an AMD 64 patch for farcry 1? has anyone been able to run it patched on win7 64? I really want to play this but not going to go through the trouble of dual booting.

EDIT: looks like both 1 and 2 are sold out / unavailable. hopefully there'll be more keys...[/QUOTE]

Yah there's an AMD 64 patch and supposedly it runs on Windows 7 I'll have to download and check it out.

*Update* Could never get the setup to work lol you have to install it on a 32 bit os before even updating to the 64 bit with the patch. Even running setup in windows compatibility won't work. FWIW I find it weird direct2drive has the updated version of far cry which allows 64 bit installation but amazon doesn't oh well.

i keep hoping for dead island deal :pray:
japan20.gif

Is it easy to find Chaos Theory multiplayer games (i.e. Spies vs. Mercs)? I've been dying to play it again since original Xbox games' Live got shut off. Also, is it possible to BOGO on the same game? I'd like to gift a copy to a friend if possible.

sweet deals. picked up hawx and far cry 2. for 2.50 each, why not. just wish there was bigger selection. but im good with this! there's probably more around the corner.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Is it easy to find Chaos Theory multiplayer games (i.e. Spies vs. Mercs)? I've been dying to play it again since original Xbox games' Live got shut off.[/QUOTE]
Same here, I absolutely love the multiplayer in Chaos Theory. I ended up buying Vegas 1&2 and the two newest SC games offered here even though I already have them on consoles. Not having to deal with DRM sealed the deal. I'm downloading Chaos Theory right now. I'll let you know in a bit about how the online looks.

Got it downloaded an installed. It looks like there's currently 14 people online. Not bad during the middle of a weekday for a game that's half a decade old.

Odd thing is the single player and multiplayer are two different executables. The single player supports setting your screen resolution for 1920x1080 whereas spies vs mercs stretches a 4:3 image to fill the screen and maxes out at 1600x1200. It looks like you'll need to play around with the configuration files to disable the screen stretching, assuming that its even possible to do so.

Edit: Here's how to get custom screen resolutions in the game. Oh, and don't forget to check out the sweet trailer for the Splinter Cell movie from 2006. ;)

First of all, I love the Amazon prices but more so Tony's hard work in bringing us the deals and letting us know ahead of time. But I must say that after a few dozen digital download purchases, I'm really starting to dislike the Amazon digital game site interface.

Not having a nice quick launcher, a way to organize purchases or get patches was ok when I started all of this back in December, but now it's too much. I just want to click a button and come back a couple of hours later to a downloaded, installed and ready to play game. As is I often find myself fighting the downloader and wasting lots of storage keeping all my games installed; I tend to jump in and out of many games.

Question to the forum: are there other companies w/ clients that let you activate their games and provide you with auto patching - sort of like Origin? For example, I picked up a bunch of Sega games during the Jan sale but couldn't find a way to activate them on their site.

And Tony, please keep reminding ;) your dev team about an improved game management interface. With your policies towards key replacements, DRM-free games and unbeatable pricing, having a dedicated client would just make you untouchable.

btw - wanted to add my vote for the price matching as well and in particular how much it's appreciated when you let us know of upcoming Amazon sales beating the price match.

thanks - sorry for the long post...

EDIT: I left steam out of my post since only a few games activate there and adding a non steam game doesn't buy me download/patch.

I would say Stardock's Impulse client was the closest to Origin/EA Download Manager. You could install their game from physical media disk or directly download them from where you purchased them from without having to install the download client. And if you want to, can register the game on Impulse and download from their as well. You also didn't need the Impulse client or downloader running to play the games.

Unfortunately I think this only worked with Stardock titles like Sins of a Solar Empire, GalCiv, and Demigod etc.

HELP please! :S

I bought the AC but I have a problem with the installation, whenever I go to install, it appears to me the following error:

"CRC Error: The file: C:\Programs Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed\DataPC_Streamedsounds.forge doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file."

Help please!

[quote name='Giordano86']Price match on Origin's $30 Battlefield 3 sale?

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en...-2011?easid=Origin-SPRINGSALE_Web_Hero_BuyNow[/QUOTE]
Amazon already said no.

[quote name='EvilInside']HELP please! :S

I bought the AC but I have a problem with the installation, whenever I go to install, it appears to me the following error:

"CRC Error: The file: C:\Programs Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed\DataPC_Streamedsounds.forge doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file."

Help please![/QUOTE]
Contact Amazon Support

Help please![/QUOTE]

Hey there,

Sorry for the issue! Here's what I would do:

1. Try re-downloading, not sure why this would happen, I tested the DL process last week and have played a couple of times since

2. Contact our CS via chat and see if they can help

3. If those 2 thing don't work shoot me a PM so I can escalate internally.

Cheers,
Tony

Help please![/QUOTE]

FWIW, I also had a problem with AC (though not the exact same one): the download seemed to complete fine, but when it tired to unpack/install the game, it told me that some file was corrupted and aborted. I cleaned up the previously downloaded files, re-downloaded (I know, 6GB, it's a pain...), and the second time it all went fine.

[quote name='seamoss']FWIW, I also had a problem with AC (though not the exact same one): the download seemed to complete fine, but when it tired to unpack/install the game, it told me that some file was corrupted and aborted. I cleaned up the previously downloaded files, re-downloaded (I know, 6GB, it's a pain...), and the second time it all went fine.[/QUOTE]

BTW I've escalated this issue up through our engineering team to look at our build and distributor for this game to see what's up. Will follow up if/when they find something.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Pajama_Man']I would say Stardock's Impulse client was the closest to Origin/EA Download Manager. You could install their game from physical media disk or directly download them from where you purchased them from without having to install the download client. And if you want to, can register the game on Impulse and download from their as well. You also didn't need the Impulse client or downloader running to play the games.

Unfortunately I think this only worked with Stardock titles like Sins of a Solar Empire, GalCiv, and Demigod etc.[/QUOTE]

Only thing is some new Origin/EA games actually REQUIRE the client-program..
Mass Effect 3, KOA: Reckoning, and Battlefield 3 REQUIRE Origin to run.

I got a sneek peek into Amazon's IT Department, and I got to say Tony wasn't kidding about the Hamsters! :shock:

hamster_powered_computer_xsmall.jpg

Just Kidding! Keep up the great work Tony! :D

[quote name='Hop25']Amnesia deal is live!
Thanks, Tony!

Amnesia

Edit: fixing link fail.[/QUOTE]

There's a demo up on steam - and this really is a scary game. You start to notice it's effects walking round the house at night :lol:

[quote name='11440']Tony, is there any DRM on Amnesia?[/QUOTE]

Just going through some quick google searches, I don't see anything about DRM.

Of course the Internet isnt always right!

[quote name='11440']Tony, is there any DRM on Amnesia?[/QUOTE]

Answering my own question: There is, in fact, online activation. I wish that I hadn't bought this game before finding out what DRM is used.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Ah, well thanks for looking into it. I hadn't checked amazon for them yet. Might consider them on Gamestop once I look into their DL system.

Edit:

Found them on Amazon!:

http://www.amazon.com/Paradox-Inter...XJOE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331682058&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/The-Haunted-H...BKH4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1331682069&sr=8-2[/QUOTE]

You know I'd buy Haunted Hells Reach just because I think it would be the lowest metacritic scored game in my library. Sorry Dino D Day....

[quote name='11440']Answering my own question: There is, in fact, online activation. I wish that I hadn't bought this game before finding out what DRM is used.[/QUOTE]

What's the big deal with that? It checks your product key to make sure it's legit, that's it. It doesn't require you to be online while you're playing.

No offense, just seems a bit silly to me.

[quote name='Hop25']What's the big deal with that? It checks your product key to make sure it's legit, that's it. It doesn't require you to be online while you're playing.

No offense, just seems a bit silly to me.[/QUOTE]

I like to replay games on occasion. I think that it's safe to say that ten years from now I won't be able to reactivate this game. Amazon isn't going to recognize these product keys forever.

I don't think that it's too much to ask for the DRM scheme to be disclosed on the product information page. If I had known beforehand, I wouldn't have made the purchase.

[quote name='11440']I like to replay games on occasion. I think that it's safe to say that ten years from now I won't be able to reactivate this game. Amazon isn't going to recognize these product keys forever.

I don't think that it's too much to ask for the DRM scheme to be disclosed on the product information page. If I had known beforehand, I wouldn't have made the purchase.[/QUOTE]

Haha, when you put it that way, it does make sense!

I had never thought of DRM that way. That would be kind of lame especially if a company collapsed and didn't patch out such DRM.

Also, sorry for taking a jab at you about it.

[quote name='Hop25']Haha, when you put it that way, it does make sense!

I had never thought of DRM that way. That would be kind of lame especially if a company collapsed and didn't patch out such DRM.

Also, sorry for taking a jab at you about it.[/QUOTE]

If its not longer supported and what you paid for no longer works. Pirate away.

Any chance that Arcania gothic 4 DL version will be on sale? I heard that this one got absolutely no DRM attached. So I am interested. Please let me know!

[quote name='Drabelincoln']You know I'd buy Haunted Hells Reach just because I think it would be the lowest metacritic scored game in my library. Sorry Dino D Day....[/QUOTE]

Yep. I'm a sucker for FPS and horror, so as bad as Haunted may be, I will by it. Fort Zombie already was discounted, but Haunted is still at regular price. I hope they match it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yep. I'm a sucker for FPS and horror, so as bad as Haunted may be, I will by it. Fort Zombie already was discounted, but Haunted is still at regular price. I hope they match it.[/QUOTE]

I hope so too. If they don't I'm assuming GameStop issues a key upon purchase. I really don't feel like downloading their downloader

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I hope so too. If they don't I'm assuming GameStop issues a key upon purchase. I really don't feel like downloading their downloader[/QUOTE]

You know, I couldn't figure that out from the gamestop page. I'll probably try to look up the dev's website to see if the game is steamworks all around or just from certain sites. I'll pass if I have to use Impulse to play this.

[quote name='Deathdenial']Any chance that Arcania gothic 4 DL version will be on sale? I heard that this one got absolutely no DRM attached. So I am interested. Please let me know![/QUOTE]

Game is horrendous. Don't purchase it at any price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back