Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the thread is glitching, I can't find the post about Chaos Theory resolution fixes. In the search it goes to the last page no matter what.

It seems like it is always showing there is another page of posts when there isn't. Like right now it says "Page 335 of 336" but there is not a page 336. Maybe it IS time for a new thread and I was wrong before lol

[quote name='thegreatest']It seems like it is always showing there is another page of posts when there isn't. Like right now it says "Page 335 of 336" but there is not a page 336. Maybe it IS time for a new thread and I was wrong before lol[/QUOTE]

For some reason that bugs the hell out of me.

The thread has been showing an extra page for a while. It glitches whenever the mods delete X amount of posts over time and with the length of the thread I assume that X amount has been reached. It causes issues with the search when it directs you to the wrong page, then you usually have to go back one page to find the post. But my search works fine otherwise.

[quote name='Thrinn']Got it downloaded an installed. It looks like there's currently 14 people online. Not bad during the middle of a weekday for a game that's half a decade old.

Odd thing is the single player and multiplayer are two different executables. The single player supports setting your screen resolution for 1920x1080 whereas spies vs mercs stretches a 4:3 image to fill the screen and maxes out at 1600x1200. It looks like you'll need to play around with the configuration files to disable the screen stretching, assuming that its even possible to do so.

Edit: Here's how to get custom screen resolutions in the game. Oh, and don't forget to check out the sweet trailer for the Splinter Cell movie from 2006. ;)[/QUOTE]

boom
[quote name='kaydigi']I think the thread is glitching, I can't find the post about Chaos Theory resolution fixes. In the search it goes to the last page no matter what.[/QUOTE]

How's The Haunted? I can see is 3rd person shooter. Is there any way to change the camera? It doesn't seems as fun as KF (saw some youtube videos).

Couldn't bought D&D master collection from GG because I don't have PayPal :(

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']boom[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that was waste. I don't want to stretch anything. I'll try it at default for now.

[quote name='avwjase']I haven't played it since they made nightmare mode impossible and tabbed the user base as their in-game police force. It gets old having 12 year olds cry that you are a hacker because you worked your butt off to find a 240 upgrade set of gear on Misty NM Surv and your tower attack and speed are both 1300-ish.

Then they report you to Trendy and on and on it goes.

Such a great game with an absolutely horrible user base. About like Left 4 Dead 2 these days.[/QUOTE]

Comon now, fess up, heh....

There is no path to NM survival on misty without using hacked items. Maybe you didnt buy/use hacked items, but who ever helped you beat the spider queen had hacked stuff.

The hacking has been out of control for awhile, so you are not alone. I'm quite sure no one has beat the spider queen on NM without the help of hacked items.

I agree that they definitely lost it with the expansions. Balance went out the door. Still, a great game that can be a lot of fun going from LV 1-70. (After lv 70, not so much)

[quote name='Flintgijoe']Comon now, fess up, heh....

There is no path to NM survival on misty without using hacked items. Maybe you didnt buy/use hacked items, but who ever helped you beat the spider queen had hacked stuff.
[/quote]

Prior to the nerfing of app towers it was doable. They nerfed melee damage, guardians and towers, buffed spiders and creatures. NOW it is impossible. When it first came out, it was beatable. You are the exact reason why that game is now dead. Just because someone has a better character or strategy than you and can beat something, they hack. Then to offset the hackers, Trendy makes the game entirely unbeatable for anyone. Now you have to hack to beat it. I never hacked a single time and I can't beat NM now to save my life.

It is ridiculous how the player base and creators screwed up that game. All to spite hackers in a NON-PVP game. That is the real kicker. People were so worried that other people hacked in a game that is co-op and not PVP. Who really cares if someone hacks in a non-PVP game. Guh.

Dungeon Defenders is a real sore spot with me. It is a game I really enjoyed until the vocal minority and Trendy ruined it.

[quote name='avwjase']You are the exact reason why that game is now dead. Just because someone has a better character or strategy than you and can beat something, they hack. Then to offset the hackers, Trendy makes the game entirely unbeatable for anyone. Now you have to hack to beat it. I never hacked a single time and I can't beat NM now to save my life.

Dungeon Defenders is a real sore spot with me. It is a game I really enjoyed until the vocal minority and Trendy ruined it.[/QUOTE]

You have got me all wrong. And you are taking out frustration with whoever reported you on me. Ive never reported a player... Whats the point? Can you blame anyone for assuming that hacked items played a role in a successful Misty run? No one has posted any thing convincing that would make people think that it was possible to complete with equipment obtainable from anything other than HC Misty survival, which is only unlocked after you beat it.

Anyways, The hacking ruined high level play. I haven't hacked in my account, and I don't buy anything in any shop, because it is all tainted...

Because I haven't hacked, and don't buy from other people, my characters in all their awesomeness, suck in comparison. Or more accurately they are only as good as they can possibly be without buying items from others. [My stuff is from HC NM Misty wich i solo to about wave 10.] That means armor with about 110 ups. NM misty is impossible for players to beat now without some crazy hacked stuff. So yeah.... progressed blocked.

Still for people who are considering, the game is a great tower defense, 3rd person action game, with a lot of content. Going through for the first time is worth the 7.50 amazon is charging.Don't misunderstand me nit-picky complaints about the game, I wouldn't post if I hadn't enjoyed the game as much as I did.

[quote name='Flintgijoe']You have got me all wrong. And you are taking out frustration with whoever reported you on me. Ive never reported a player... Whats the point?
[/quote]

Well, I have been reported but I was not banned. I got some form e-mails from Trendy (we've had complaints about your account) stuff but it never went anywhere. They checked my stuff and determined it was legit. Still doesn't stop the trollish community in that game from whining. That in and of itself is no big deal. The real problem comes in when people kick me from their games for no real reason because my app has 1400 tower attack and 1200 tower speed. Both easily obtainable and legit. Because their guys have 800 in each they go "omg, hacker!"

Then if I host a game, they come in and grief me in the middle of the wave by selling vital stuff and going "lose hacker!"

The player base on that game is pathetic. So, anyone considering it needs fair warning. I never thought I'd find a worse player base than the one L4D2 has but Dungeon Defenders proved me wrong.

The hacking ruined high level play.

No, the response to hacking is what ruined it. What you do in the game is not affected by hackers in the least because it is co-op. I just don't see why they would ruin the entire game for legit players to spite the hackers who really never affected me. The game is literally unbeatable now at the end-game stage. Not sure why someone would want to pour 30-40 hours into a game that they can't beat at the end. They ninja gaiden'd that game, bro. You know it. :)

Ive logged over 100 hours in DD when it first came out. Its was a great game.

What ruined the experience:

Nightmare mode.
Mistymire is damn near impossible without the hacked items as people have mentioned. Even after the patch to make it harder, before it was impossible.
DLC cash grabs too often
Hacked AFK shops
Community is lacking, not many true games you can find if you are max level etc. Often times you are kicked because the players are usually hackers and dont want you to see their gear.
Hacked items.

If you do buy the game, playing w a friend increases the enjoyability ten fold.

[quote name='yruluis']how long until i receive credit?[/QUOTE]

When I did mine it was within 5 minutes of placing the original order.

[quote name='juanjava']
Couldn't buy D&D master collection from GG because I don't have PayPal :([/QUOTE]
You don't need PayPal (I don't have it either). You can select the PayPal option and put in your purchasing info without making an account.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.[/quote]

These are REALLY good prices if there's no DRM...

But does that really mean that? Like you just download an installer, and then I never need to activate it? Amazon doesn't wrap them with some DRM?

I've already got some of these, but for $5 or $2.50 with no DRM I think I'd buy...probably most of these.

[quote name='Wolfpup']These are REALLY good prices if there's no DRM...

But does that really mean that? Like you just download an installer, and then I never need to activate it? Amazon doesn't wrap them with some DRM?

I've already got some of these, but for $5 or $2.50 with no DRM I think I'd buy...probably most of these.[/QUOTE]

I've bought about 6 of them so far. For each you download a small installer .exe and in turn that downloads basically the entire game disc to a directory on your desktop. You run setup.exe from that and you're good to go. You can then basically backup the downloaded folder anyway you choose. The games come with an activation code for the online modes that Ubisoft implements in all of their PC games, it's not something that phones into Amazon. The offline modes don't require any activation at all.

[quote name='Thrinn']I've bought about 6 of them so far. For each you download a small installer .exe and in turn that downloads basically the entire game disc to a directory on your desktop. You run setup.exe from that and you're good to go. You can then basically backup the downloaded folder anyway you choose. The games come with an activation code for the online modes that Ubisoft implements in all of their PC games, it's not something that phones into Amazon. The offline modes don't require any activation at all.[/QUOTE]

Great! Thanks! That sounds just fine! I'm going to end up buying probably at least half of them tonight LOL

Yeah, I've been having a lot of fun with the Splinter Cell, GRAW, and R6V games. With the exception of R6V1, I've had to do a little fine tuning in the .ini files to get the games to display correctly in 1080p & at a 16:9 ratio. Nothing too complicated beyond changing the value of a few variables here and there. Otherwise for being older games they run really well in a 64-bit Windows 7 environment.

[quote name='r9800pro']Will Amazon price match GameFly for COD Black Ops $29.99 and Saint's Row The Third $22.99 ?

I have both but just wanted to ask :D[/QUOTE]

Hamsters are running :)

"Hi uncle Tony, I'm Juan's son. I want to know when there will be Sonic Generations sale. My dad is so cheap he don't want to but it on full price".

Must resist the urge to buy some of those Ubisoft games. Although I've played at least half of them, I can't help myself when it comes to cheap games.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Amazon doesn't match international sites
random.gif

[/QUOTE]

Thats bs where do you get that information from? What I have seen in the past is that they in fact do sometimes match the price of international sites depending on the buyer and the email they send because I had a friend that got amazon to do this very same thing and he lives in England and Amazon matched the US price. I cant remember what the game was but I can tell you it happened and Amazon does in fact price match internationally

[quote name='dealquest']Thats bs where do you get that information from? What I have seen in the past is that they in fact do sometimes match the price of international sites depending on the buyer and the email they send because I had a friend that got amazon to do this very same thing and he lives in England and Amazon matched the US price. I cant remember what the game was but I can tell you it happened and Amazon does in fact price match internationally[/QUOTE]
The information comes from the amazon rep Tony who posts in this thread who has repeated numerous times in this very thread that they do not. So

[quote name='Drabelincoln']The information comes from the amazon rep Tony who posts in this thread who has repeated numerous times in this very thread that they do not. So[/QUOTE]

^^^Correct!!! If Amazon priced-matched an international site, it probably was due to a US digital retailer also having it at the same price (very common for publisher sales). Just because your friend sent the PM info via Amazon, does not mean it was their PM info that was accepted.

[quote name='EvilInside']Tony do you have a solid date yet for Dead Island? :)[/QUOTE]

We don't, still working with the publisher on when works best to run this promo and have yet to nail anything down. I'm emailing weekly though!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='juanjava']"Hi uncle Tony, I'm Juan's son. I want to know when there will be Sonic Generations sale. My dad is so cheap he don't want to but it on full price".[/QUOTE]

Hey there!

The sale starts Sunday :) March 18th.

[quote name='dealquest']Thats bs where do you get that information from? What I have seen in the past is that they in fact do sometimes match the price of international sites depending on the buyer and the email they send because I had a friend that got amazon to do this very same thing and he lives in England and Amazon matched the US price. I cant remember what the game was but I can tell you it happened and Amazon does in fact price match internationally[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drabelincoln']The information comes from the amazon rep Tony who posts in this thread who has repeated numerous times in this very thread that they do not. So[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']^^^Correct!!! If Amazon priced-matched an international site, it probably was due to a US digital retailer also having it at the same price (very common for publisher sales). Just because your friend sent the PM info via Amazon, does not mean it was their PM info that was accepted.[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I'm Tony, the Marketing Manager for Amazon Game Downloads. Drabe and UW are correct, we don't match international sites.

Cheers,
Tony

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up on Sonic. Now I can play Portal 2/WoW/LoL after work and tomorrow. YAY, then start a new game :facepalm:

I won't lie... I saw a game that's new and I'm slightly interested..but not at the current price... ::whispers:: it's Luxor Evolved. ANY word on ANY type of neat sale for that? I'm pretty sure it's like brand spanking new.

[quote name='lilboo']Awesome. Thanks for the heads up on Sonic. Now I can play Portal 2/WoW/LoL after work and tomorrow. YAY, then start a new game :facepalm:

I won't lie... I saw a game that's new and I'm slightly interested..but not at the current price... ::whispers:: it's Luxor Evolved. ANY word on ANY type of neat sale for that? I'm pretty sure it's like brand spanking new.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'm glad you are digging this thread!

I'm surprised to hear you talk about Luxor. I've been trying to figure out where and who to market our "casual" games too since I started in August and it is driving me nuts:

I'll make you this deal, if you can find me a viable place to get people excited about deals like those featured in the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=vg_nav_...rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1352878422&pf_rd_i=979455011

I will start putting together $2.99, $1.99, and $0.99 deals for those types of games ALL THE TIME.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

You definitely need a "bargain bin" section. And/Or a price filter. Sometimes I like to search for some very cheap (sometimes unknown) games to buy. You can discover some addictive games this way!

[quote name='juanjava']You definitely need a "bargain bin" section. And/Or a price filter. Sometimes I like to search for some very cheap (sometimes unknown) games to buy. You can discover some addictive games this way![/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^^ I CONCUR! [all caps for emphasis!]

I'm surprised to hear you talk about Luxor. I've been trying to figure out where and who to market our "casual" games too since I started in August and it is driving me nuts:

I'll make you this deal, if you can find me a viable place to get people excited about deals like those featured in the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=vg_nav_...rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1352878422&pf_rd_i=979455011

I will start putting together $2.99, $1.99, and $0.99 deals for those types of games ALL THE TIME.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

It's funny you say that Tony, I'm into those types of games myself but it has been hard to find an audience here on CAG. I think the people here tend to be more into "hardcore" games. I know there used to be a Big Fish Games thread and on occasion a Big Fish free game thread pops up and gets 10-20 replies. I wonder if there is another site out there with people more dedicated to these types of games...

Edit:

I noticed two links saying "10 games you should try for free" and "try for free games" and I clicked both links where it said "learn more" and all it did was take me to a list of games. I finally figured out you guys have free trials on those games by clicking on the games and looking around but it might be beneficial to explain the free trials and how it all works when people click the Learn More buttons.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I play only core games but my mom loves casual games so it'd be good to have a nice place to get them from for her.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I bought Luxor Evolved at Steam since Day 1, it is awesome. Sparkly explosions, pure neon graphic, slow motion, boss fight, techno music and many other details bring so much fun

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Do any of these work on Kindle Fire? You could market them that way. I know of more than a few people who would love deals on some KF games.

Tony my good sir,

My mom and aunt adore casual games, and what's not to love about em, and I like em too. So there's three people for you...maybe you could start a "petition" or a list of possible customers to aid you in your direction for casual games.

Also I got a question on the SEGA sale...do you think you could get Alpha Protocol on that sale?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Add me to the list of casual gamers! I don't always have time to sit down for hours and play hard-core so it's nice to have some games to play for a short bit. I mostly use my tablet for this but would also use my laptop if I could buy things cheap. :applause:

[quote name='juanjava']You definitely need a "bargain bin" section. And/Or a price filter. Sometimes I like to search for some very cheap (sometimes unknown) games to buy. You can discover some addictive games this way![/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']^^^^^^^^ I CONCUR! [all caps for emphasis!][/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It's funny you say that Tony, I'm into those types of games myself but it has been hard to find an audience here on CAG. I think the people here tend to be more into "hardcore" games. I know there used to be a Big Fish Games thread and on occasion a Big Fish free game thread pops up and gets 10-20 replies. I wonder if there is another site out there with people more dedicated to these types of games...

Edit:

I noticed two links saying "10 games you should try for free" and "try for free games" and I clicked both links where it said "learn more" and all it did was take me to a list of games. I finally figured out you guys have free trials on those games by clicking on the games and looking around but it might be beneficial to explain the free trials and how it all works when people click the Learn More buttons.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mugatu']I play only core games but my mom loves casual games so it'd be good to have a nice place to get them from for her.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pinkgun']I bought Luxor Evolved at Steam since Day 1, it is awesome. Sparkly explosions, pure neon graphic, slow motion, boss fight, techno music and many other details bring so much fun[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Scorch']Do any of these work on Kindle Fire? You could market them that way. I know of more than a few people who would love deals on some KF games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Duckvader']Tony my good sir,

My mom and aunt adore casual games, and what's not to love about em, and I like em too. So there's three people for you...maybe you could start a "petition" or a list of possible customers to aid you in your direction for casual games.

Also I got a question on the SEGA sale...do you think you could get Alpha Protocol on that sale?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Palinn']Add me to the list of casual gamers! I don't always have time to sit down for hours and play hard-core so it's nice to have some games to play for a short bit. I mostly use my tablet for this but would also use my laptop if I could buy things cheap. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Guys, this is awesome feedback...I'm going to start listing our casual game sales here as well. I'll also take a hard look at some of the other suggestions here (bargain bin, better explaining free trials, etc.).

Thanks! I can tell you our next big casual games sale will be the first week in April, we have a ton of games we'll be putting on sale for $2.99...there will also be some pretty sweet "Core" game deals as well...more to come :).

**EDIT**
Created a new thread!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317580 Hopefully Cheapy and company re-sticky shortly :).

Cheers,
Tony

FYI this will probably be my last post for today. It is my GF's 28th Bday so I'm taking the rest of the day off to hang with her.

Hope you guys are psyched about Sunday! I'll check back tomorrow to respond to any questions.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI this will probably be my last post for today. It is my GF's 28th Bday so I'm taking the rest of the day off to hang with her.[/QUOTE]Sound FX: meowing, whip-cracking

I actually like casual games too, but unless the buzz is strong on a particular title I tend to lean more towards the publisher in terms of finding a new title. There's so much (and I hate to call it this:) shovelware out there that quality of the game in the casual realm is always suspect in my mind unless I know it's from someone like Mumbo Jumbo or PopCap. I do like that you can search for these games by popular publisher... perhaps a publisher sale in casual?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back