Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='saiyajinsc']is the pc download version of sonic generations a steam game?[/QUOTE]

Came in here to check this too.

I haven't played a NFS game in years. Sounds like their quality has gone back up after dropping. Don't think I'll get anything though. KB/M is just terrible for racers and I'm too lazy to hook my controller up to use that.

OP - could you PLEASE put PC In your title? I know the thread starter is video game download deals or whatever but it fucks me up every time because i briefly think it's for a console.

Eevee - NFS quality just went back up when Hot Pursuit came out. The Run should be fun too.

[quote name='SynysterKobra']got all excited for Hot Pursuit $10 on 360 D=
I agree with adding PC into the title. bit misleading.[/QUOTE]

No offense, but what did you think DD meant? Digital Download.

[quote name='bigant262']No offense, but what did you think DD meant? Digital Download.[/QUOTE]

people tend to scan titles for certain keywords like PS3 / Wii/ Xbox / DS and PC, not DD. At least that's what I do. And I ignore all PC deals.

It's a minor quibble but I thought PC was standard wording on all PC deals.

[quote name='confoosious']people tend to scan titles for certain keywords like PS3 / Wii/ Xbox / DS and PC, not DD. At least that's what I do. And I ignore all PC deals.

It's a minor quibble but I thought PC was standard wording on all PC deals.[/QUOTE]

Nope. You've gotta learn the meaning of DD somehow. =] At least now you know. Also, this thread isn't always PC deals, it sometimes does include console games as well.

I see what you mean but there are DD titles for the Xbox 360, too. :)

As for the racing games, does anyone have any recommendations? I just got GRID and I am getting my ass handed to me (I'm using an Xbox 360 controller, not KB&M). I really love the Ridge Racer series, Burnout, etc. Any of these games scratch a similar itch?

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I see what you mean but there are DD titles for the Xbox 360, too. :)

As for the racing games, does anyone have any recommendations? I just got GRID and I am getting my ass handed to me (I'm using an Xbox 360 controller, not KB&M). I really love the Ridge Racer series, Burnout, etc. Any of these games scratch a similar itch?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like my taste in racers. Don't care too much for the sims(Forza, GT, etc), but arcade racers are lot of fun for me. Try NFS: Hot Pursuit(developed by Criterion, the Burnout guys), or Split/Second, both of which can be found pretty cheap.

[quote name='confoosious']OP - could you PLEASE put PC In your title? I know the thread starter is video game download deals or whatever but it fucks me up every time because i briefly think it's for a console.

Eevee - NFS quality just went back up when Hot Pursuit came out. The Run should be fun too.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I see what you mean but there are DD titles for the Xbox 360, too. :)

As for the racing games, does anyone have any recommendations? I just got GRID and I am getting my ass handed to me (I'm using an Xbox 360 controller, not KB&M). I really love the Ridge Racer series, Burnout, etc. Any of these games scratch a similar itch?[/QUOTE]

Added PC to title, thanks for the feedback! I'll remember to include this in the subject moving forward.

Cheers,
Tony

WOAH saints row the third 20% off... dang 39.99$
is that the best we can get? or is there direct2drive promo code hanging around? lol

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Added PC to title, thanks for the feedback! I'll remember to include this in the subject moving forward.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

thanks Tony.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']is the pc download version of sonic generations a steam game?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='b3b0p']Came in here to check this too.[/QUOTE]

Sure is just got confirmation!

Cheers,
Tony

Not sure if this matters, but when clicking on the NFS links and Amazon page opens, it shows in the address bar the link is coming from SD when usually it shows as coming from CAG.

[quote name='Kain3984']Not sure if this matters, but when clicking on the NFS links and Amazon page opens, it shows in the address bar the link is coming from SD when usually it shows as coming from CAG.[/QUOTE]

This is fixed, awesome catch!

Cheers,
Tony

Dear Mr. Tony,

This is how you and your company do great business! Thanks for the information. The DD marketplace is going to get real crowded and REAL weird what with other stores offering cheaper prices for games to be activated in other stores...

Such a messed up, whacky time!

Thx!

[quote name='TheKbob']Dear Mr. Tony,

This is how you and your company do great business! Thanks for the information. The DD marketplace is going to get real crowded and REAL weird what with other stores offering cheaper prices for games to be activated in other stores...

Such a messed up, whacky time!

Thx![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the positive feedback! You're right about the marketplace rapidly changing, it is a really fun time to be involved though.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sure is just got confirmation!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the fast response, I also came here looking for this information.

NFS: Shift games individually got cheaper for download from Amazon!!!

NFS: Shift 2 - Unleashed = $8.81
NFS: Shift 1 = $8.54

[quote name='b3b0p']Came in here to check this too.[/QUOTE]

Anybody that pre-ordered Sonic Generations... Yes, it does activate on Steam! I just activated mine.

Shift 2 got bumped back up to $10.
Shift 1 is down to $8.48

Tony, are we going to see more game prices fluctuate like this here and there, even when they're actually on sale?

Tony I would just like to thank you for the great job your doing and the customer service Amazon has. You know at one point I was about to stop buying from Amazon because some of the stuff I bought was coming in damaged, but you are a huge part of why I want to shop at amazon again. :D

[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']Trying to order PC Sonic Generations, but my software credit won't apply... ugh. Good price on the game though.[/QUOTE]
Why don't you try getting in touch with customer service, maybe they can take care of you? It's worth a shot.

[quote name='Amazon DOTW page']Game Downloads Deal of the Week - Get Three "Men of War" Games for $10

Purchase the Men of War Collection and get three great Men of War games for just $10. You can also buy each individually for at least 75% off. Not finding what you're looking for? You may want to check out our Game Downloads store, pre-orders for at least 15% off, new releases for at least 15% off, or our selection of casual games.

Men of War [Download]
by 1C
List Price:$14.99
Price:$3.25
You Save:$11.74 (78%)

Men of War Red Tide [Download]
by 1C
List Price:$24.99
Price:
$3.75
You Save:$21.24 (85%)

Men Of War: Assault Squad [Download]
by 1C
List Price:$34.99
Price:
$8.75
You Save:$26.24 (75%)

Men Of War Collection [Download]
by 1C
List Price:$74.97
Price:
$10.00
You Save:$64.97 (87%)[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, these games are not activatable on Steam.

[quote name='MysterD']Shift 2 got bumped back up to $10.
Shift 1 is down to $8.48

Tony, are we going to see more game prices fluctuate like this here and there, even when they're actually on sale?[/QUOTE]

Sorry I missed this man, as you can imagine, prepping for our digital launch of Modern Warfare 3 on Friday pretty much sucked up my entire week.

To answer your question, those prices shouldn't have fluctuated while on sale, unfortunately, with all the craziness going on some pricing errors occurred. Thanks for catching it and understanding though.

[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']Trying to order PC Sonic Generations, but my software credit won't apply... ugh. Good price on the game though.[/QUOTE]

Send me a PM with the email address associated with your account and I'll have someone in CS get your credit applied so you can pick up Sonic Generations.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Tony I would just like to thank you for the great job your doing and the customer service Amazon has. You know at one point I was about to stop buying from Amazon because some of the stuff I bought was coming in damaged, but you are a huge part of why I want to shop at amazon again. :D[/QUOTE]

Hey man, I'm glad you're enjoying the level of service! Like I've said before in posts, we're all gamers over here at Amazon Digital Video Games and we really just want you all to have the best experience possible with our services. As always feel free to raise any questions with me directly in this thread or via PM and I'll try to address them as quickly as possible.

Sidebar...is it sad that I'm frantically trying to beat Oblivion this weekend and next week before Skyrim comes out?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry I missed this man, as you can imagine, prepping for our digital launch of Modern Warfare 3 on Friday pretty much sucked up my entire week.
[/QUOTE]
And now, it's $9.49. [shrug]

W/ all these changing prices, I wasn't sure what to expect.
Seems weird, for a sale price-week for the price to be everywhere, ranging from $8.48 to $10.
I could understand, if you guys were matching a Shift 2 price elsewhere - but, I didn't see those prices anywhere else!
[You guys still had the best price-point for Shift 2 PC download, by a mile].

So, I came away w/ NOT buying Shift 2 - b/c I wasn't sure what the best deal for it would be from you guys was actually going to be, since it was all-over-the-place...especially during a SALE week.

It's okay - it gave me reason to actually start Shift 1 [which I've had for some time from D2D] and wait for Shift 2 to hit an even LOWER price-point.

[quote name='MysterD']And now, it's $9.49. [shrug]

W/ all these changing prices, I wasn't sure what to expect.
Seems weird, for a sale price-week for the price to be everywhere, ranging from $8.48 to $10.
I could understand, if you guys were matching a Shift 2 price elsewhere - but, I didn't see those prices anywhere else!
[You guys still had the best price-point for Shift 2 PC download, by a mile].

So, I came away w/ NOT buying Shift 2 - b/c I wasn't sure what the best deal for it would be from you guys was actually going to be, since it was all-over-the-place...especially during a SALE week.

It's okay - it gave me reason to actually start Shift 1 [which I've had for some time from D2D] and wait for Shift 2 to hit an even LOWER price-point.[/QUOTE]

Apologies man, if this has left a bad taste in your mouth please shoot me a PM with your email address and i'll work on making it right for you.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='TraBuch']Huh. Modern Warfare 3 includes $10 game downloads credit. I don't think I've seen that before.[/QUOTE]

And it just got a price drop :)

How come you guys don't have Skyrim for PC download? :0
It comes out Friday [11/11/11], you know...

EDIT:
Is BethSoft and Zenimax not doing download deals w/ you guys or something?
If I recall, you guys didn't have Rage for PC download, either.

EDIT 2:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Apologies man, if this has left a bad taste in your mouth please shoot me a PM with your email address and i'll work on making it right for you.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
It annoyed me, more than anything.
Didn't really leave a bad taste in my mouth - just annoyed me, a bit.

Like I said - you guys still offered the best price(s) for Shift 2, despite it's shifting prices [pun intended] last week. $8.48 to $10 is STILL cheaper than anywhere else...by quite a bit.

I'm probably glad I didn't order Shift 2, for the time being.
While I do like Shift 1, I don't know how much longer I'll really stick w/ it.
Unless somehow Shift 2 turned out to be an amazing sequel, I would expect Shift 2 to maybe be more of the same...

Does Amazon do anything for a game download that is unplayable? I bought Tropico 3 a couple of weeks ago through Amazon Download service without a hitch and I bought the Expansion last night and I haven't been able to get the expansion scenarios to run without crashing as soon as I load an expansion scenario. I have updated everything and redownloaded both titles and reinstalled both titles without any luck. I have also searched the internet for troubleshooting/same problems and I haven't found any. I sent CS an email but I haven't heard back.

[quote name='MysterD']How come you guys don't have Skyrim for PC download? :0
It comes out Friday [11/11/11], you know...

EDIT:
Is BethSoft and Zenimax not doing download deals w/ you guys or something?
If I recall, you guys didn't have Rage for PC download, either.

EDIT 2:

It annoyed me, more than anything.
Didn't really leave a bad taste in my mouth - just annoyed me, a bit.

Like I said - you guys still offered the best price(s) for Shift 2, despite it's shifting prices [pun intended] last week. $8.48 to $10 is STILL cheaper than anywhere else...by quite a bit.

I'm probably glad I didn't order Shift 2, for the time being.
While I do like Shift 1, I don't know how much longer I'll really stick w/ it.
Unless somehow Shift 2 turned out to be an amazing sequel, I would expect Shift 2 to maybe be more of the same...[/QUOTE]

Glad you got to try out Shift 1 and didn't have a negative experience with Shift 2. As for titles we aren't carrying we don't have any announcements outside of the fact that we aren't carrying them currently. Sorry there isn't more of a story to tell there.

[quote name='spoo']Does Amazon do anything for a game download that is unplayable? I bought Tropico 3 a couple of weeks ago through Amazon Download service without a hitch and I bought the Expansion last night and I haven't been able to get the expansion scenarios to run without crashing as soon as I load an expansion scenario. I have updated everything and redownloaded both titles and reinstalled both titles without any luck. I have also searched the internet for troubleshooting/same problems and I haven't found any. I sent CS an email but I haven't heard back.[/QUOTE]

Contacting CS was absolutely the right thing to do. Send me a PM if/when you hear back and let me know if you got everything sorted.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Glad you got to try out Shift 1 and didn't have a negative experience with Shift 2. As for titles we aren't carrying we don't have any announcements outside of the fact that we aren't carrying them currently. Sorry there isn't more of a story to tell there.[/quote]
I've had Shift 1 for quite a while - bought it from D2D, some time ago.
I bought that and Hot Pursuit PC, at the same time from D2D, some time ago.
Hot Pursuit is the much better game, I think.

I'll probably get around to buying Shift 2, when it's $5 on sale somewhere or something...

I dunno...while I like Shift 1 just seems to lack the variety to really keep me playing, more than anything..

Hey Tony,

Just wondering if the Saint's Row 3 deal for $39.99 has any particular expiration date. I'm on the fence about pre-ordering and was wondering if there was a limit on the deal so I know when I'd have to decide by.

Sims 3 and Expansion Pack Collections and FFXI Online on sale for PC downloads this week.

Sims 3 [base game] -> Windows PC or Mac = $21

Sims 3 - Expansion Collection -> Windows PC = $66
Contains these Expansions - Late Night, Ambitions, World Adventures, Generations
Contains these Stuff Packs - Outdoor Living, Fast Lane, High End Loft, Town Life

Sims 3 - Expansion Collection -> Mac = $42
Contains these Expansions - Late Night, Generations
Contains these Stuff Packs - Outdoor Living, High End Loft, Town Life

Final Fantasy XI: Ultimate Collection - Abyssea Edition [MMO] = $9.95
Includes 30 days of FREE gameplay
There are monthly subscription fees to keep playing
Requires either MasterCard or Visa credit card
"Includes original game, all expansions, add-on scenarios, and battle add-ons to date
Includes the in-game item, Destrier Beret, to help you start out your journey!
Expansions Included : Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urghan, Wings of the Goddess
Add-on scenarios included: A Crystalline Prophecy, Ode of Life Bestowing, A Moogle Kupo d’Etat, Evil in Small Doses, A Shantotto Ascension, The Legend Torn, Her Empire Born
Battle Area Add-ons included: Vision of Abyssea, Scars of Abyssea, Heroes of Abyssea"

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Thanks for the update MysteryD!, Full updated with all of our Countdown to Black Friday Promotions.[/QUOTE]
YW. :D

Now, if only you guys would get Rage PC downloads and Skyrim PC downloads... :p

Question for the CAGs,

Anyone here an MMORpger and playing/played FFXI? I'm looking to get re-addicted to something and might pick up this collection.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Tony

50%-70% off on sims 3 expansions?! I really wanted generations but not $40 now it's $20 i want it! But i haven't played sims since sept. and a have load of backlogs. Decisions decisions!

pretty much the only game ill be playing for the rest of the year is skyrim... the rest is chaff, good luck with your sales.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']In for a few of the Sims 3 stuff packs for my girlfriend, she has almost every Sims game for her Mac.[/QUOTE]

Glad you dig the deal, added Anno 2070 to the list as well.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Question for the CAGs,

Anyone here an MMORpger and playing/played FFXI? I'm looking to get re-addicted to something and might pick up this collection.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I played FFXI for several years and most recently a few months ago. The game does have a very rich story and is my second favorite MMO of all time (Ultima Online being number one) but I don't think it's worth playing if you are starting for the very first time right now unless if you have some friends who are also going to start. The game has been made very easy for new players and people who are leveling alts/other jobs to level up with Fields/Grounds of Valor (think killing X amount of a certain enemy to gain bonus exp) and Abyssea (killing X amount of a certain enemy to gain bonus exp). Of course I can't recommend starting FFXI in large part due to the billing service, its horrible!

[quote name='LocarionStorm']Was the Dead Island $29.99 price correct at some point? I have checked the past few days and haven't seen it at that price.[/QUOTE]

It was, thanks for pointing that out, I've cleaned out that part of the post.

That price was part of a promotion we ran over Halloween, apologies for not updating!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='LordVila']I played FFXI for several years and most recently a few months ago. The game does have a very rich story and is my second favorite MMO of all time (Ultima Online being number one) but I don't think it's worth playing if you are starting for the very first time right now unless if you have some friends who are also going to start. The game has been made very easy for new players and people who are leveling alts/other jobs to level up with Fields/Grounds of Valor (think killing X amount of a certain enemy to gain bonus exp) and Abyssea (killing X amount of a certain enemy to gain bonus exp). Of course I can't recommend starting FFXI in large part due to the billing service, its horrible![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the in depth run down, I haven't picked it up yet (I ALMOST started last night before Battlefield sucked me back in...).

What are you playing now? I'm getting the MMO itch and would love a community to game with.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back