Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
PS Plus I don't think ever gives us complete versions of games...because publishers want to make money somewhere... which is where the DLC comes in. Same reason Rockstar is not doing complete versions of their games in those packs, because they want you to buy the DLC if you like it. At some point you have to understand there is a business on the other side. Not a charity just bending to our cheapskate demands.
I snagged MP3 (base) + LA Noire (complete) for $5 after $5 coupon in May (from my Manhunt II purchase), from Amazon.

Did I miss them, or are we not getting Ubisoft sales announced today?

If they aren't happening, does that mean there are no more EC sales?

Mmh just noticed the AC4 Black Flag : Season Pass is $9.99 on Uplay Store.. 50% off. I dunno if the code can simply be used on the Steam version but I'm guessing since your game show up in Uplay you could apply the code on it.

Just not sure even at 10$ if it's worth the extra 3 hours gameplay time..  anyone can say how much the Adewale Missions added to their enjoyment of the game ?

I know a lot of you said you still have your coupons and nothing to use them on I would happily purchase tomb raider off one of you. Since I am out of mine :)

heh there's a guy posting on reddit that makes even less sense than Tebow ...

[–]icedragon15 0 points

1 hour ago

tony then i cant give amazon my money no mroe in january im sad why u left cag again yup u makee me go insane tony im going to be sad dont worry bout those complainers or dont worry bout those publlisher tell them i will still buy their games what i want when i see the price i dont bother ec credit cause i never bother worrying bout before hand. sometimes i buy it for friends later. How will i be doing saturday it be cold 2015 for me oh i guess i will be starting to upgrade use amazon to make ur other departments better then heeh

Mmh just noticed the AC4 Black Flag : Season Pass is $9.99 on Uplay Store.. 50% off. I dunno if the code can simply be used on the Steam version but I'm guessing since your game show up in Uplay you could apply the code on it.

Just not sure even at 10$ if it's worth the extra 3 hours gameplay time.. anyone can say how much the Adewale Missions added to their enjoyment of the game ?
Adewale was great, it`s like a small but entire complete AC game. I think I must have spent a lot more than 3 hours on it, I can`t say for sure but I feel like it was close to 10... I was going for 100% completion on everything. This puts AC3`s horrible DLC to shame. This is DLC done right.

I wouldn't have known what a Marlow Briggs was, much less bought it, if not for this thread's "banter".
I didn't know what it was either, until the thread was talking about it.

And I still ain't bought it - but, it is on the radar.

I wonder if 505 is interested in doing a RECAP Day w/ some of their deals - like Marlow Briggs.

I didn't know what it was either, until the thread was talking about it.

And I still ain't bought it - but, it is on the radar.

I wonder if 505 is interested in doing a RECAP Day w/ some of their deals - like Marlow Briggs.
But Marlow Briggs is published by EA - now will you buy it?

You're misunderstanding or maybe I was; it's not that PS+ is forcing the vanilla game on you but more that what they offer is just the vanilla game. You'll get Bioshock Infinite, Deus Ex, Sleeping Dogs, etc for free but not the DLC, which is where they'll get you. That was the point made there, I think. On that angle PC is absolutely in better shape and a pretty good angle to play. I didn't think about that one though if that's the case it's definitely gotta pop up more often too. Or come in separately more often.

And again, a lot of this is more of "hey, if you're gonna be ditching EC and replacing it with something else, remember the 2 month old major change because it's gonna matter."
In the end for PS Plus, as it is with anything on PSN, it is up to the publishers whether or not to offer the game, or the game + DLC / Season Pass. Naturally, as you pointed out, publishers seem to not include any DLC using the game itself as the razor and hoping you buy the blades (DLC) :).

That is false regarding PS Plus. PS Plus gives you the same games people can pay for. The only caveat is that you can only access the game (that you received free via PS Plus membership) is by being a PS Plus member. Makes simple sense and you are getting games for free. Also, PS+ does sometimes allow the users to do a free trial (extended demo since it is 60 minutes of the full game) as an enticement to purchase the game outright.
That's a pretty big caveat. As one's backlog library grows, it can takes months, if not longer to get around to playing certain games. If you're not able to play a PS+ game before your membership expires, you either have to pay for another subscription to the service, or forfeit the associated games on your account. Any DLC you've bought for a "free" PS+ game is useless until you buy the game or resub. I enjoy the freedom on the PC side that, anytime I feel like playing a game I bought, it's available to me.

I do hope that Amazon's PSN offerings expand over time, along with more prominent sales on them, as I think that some consumers will see more value in having digital games that don't expire when a membership does.

I know a lot of you said you still have your coupons and nothing to use them on I would happily purchase tomb raider off one of you. Since I am out of mine :)
I have coupons. :) First 7 PMs can have one. You must provide Amazon giftcard.

That's a pretty big caveat. As one's backlog library grows, it can takes months, if not longer to get around to playing certain games. If you're not able to play a PS+ game before your membership expires, you either have to pay for another subscription to the service, or forfeit the associated games on your account. Any DLC you've bought for a "free" PS+ game is useless until you buy the game or resub. I enjoy the freedom on the PC side that, anytime I feel like playing a game I bought, it's available to me.

I do hope that Amazon's PSN offerings expand over time, along with more prominent sales on them, as I think that some consumers will see more value in having digital games that don't expire when a membership does.
Also I'd have to own a PS3... which have been dropping... but my PC backlog has been holding me back. (Also I don't really feel much exclusive pull... PS2 had a number of nice exclusives... and was before PCDD got so cheap.

Just not sure even at 10$ if it's worth the extra 3 hours gameplay time.. anyone can say how much the Adewale Missions added to their enjoyment of the game ?
If only both AC4 Black Flag (base game) +AC4 Season Pass were each $9.99 after EC coupon on Amazon DVG. ;)

In case anyone cares, Tomb Raider will be out on Mac next week, and the devs have confirmed as recently as today that the game will be SteamPlay. I'll be buying a copy to give to a friend (don't ask me how or why I have Mac owning friends) based on this info.

I'm pretty sure I have Hitman Absolution on PS3 off of PS+. Sorry if this is a dumb question but is it worth getting it again for PC at $2.50? Maybe there are mods, extra functionality, or just completely superior graphics that would warrant double dipping.

I'm pretty sure I have Hitman Absolution on PS3 off of PS+. Sorry if this is a dumb question but is it worth getting it again for PC at $2.50? Maybe there are mods, extra functionality, or just completely superior graphics that would warrant double dipping.
I would get it for the superior graphics, if anything.. But then again, I'd say that for any of the recent Square Enix games (Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, and Thief when it comes out)

Pretty much any game you have on console is worth double dipping for on PC if the price is just 2.50, IMHO, due to both mods and better graphics. I've bought a number of games I had on console to play on PC, and most were for more than that.

This also gives you a contingency plan if your PS3 poops out.

If you had PS+ in August and get the monthly freebies then yes, you have it. You also have 2 pieces of DLC and probably Runner 2 (unrelated but really fun indie game). differences you'll get...

720p/30 FPS on PS3. This is of interest to you:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hitman-absolution-face-off

Specifically this piece:

Naturally, the PC game features a number of graphical upgrades over the console versions: most notably, texture detail and resolution are higher, as is shadow quality, while tessellation is used to create additional geometric details to the characters and environments.
If your machine is strong enough to handle 60FPS then that also will be a very notable change. Mind you, the game does run fine at 30 but that's never stopped me from wanting faster. So you've got 3 options: 1) Stick with the PS+, 2) buy it for $2.50 for the upgrades, or 3) Keep waiting until it's in an eventual Square bundle. if you're just gonna backlog it, #3 is probably the best choice.

no clue on mods so I could be missing a major thing there.

If you're not double dipping, you're not doing it right. It's in the agreement you clicked through when you got a console.

You aren't a real CAG!

Remember: A real CAG buy games to see them in their libraries as trophies :D/
I think I'm okay with that. =P

I have isolated the problem.
I love consoles. I love PCs. I love handhelds. I would play on a toaster if I could. I've even played a few games on my phone. /shudders in horror

It's not that big a deal. You just have to learn how to balance whim with prioritizing what to play. Buying a ton of stuff you don't have time for only to have them go on sale later probably wastes more money than unused PS+ games would.

I don't think I would buy DLC for a PS+ game though, unless I was going to play it immediately and it had a severely deep discount, which does happen, but not as reliably as with Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back