Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Bacon Cheeseburger Induced Mega Dump

Quote for keys/codes

Laxius Force (Desura)
GIR0Y-FUQVR-XTOT9-EO3XQ-4YTKK
Two Brothers (Steam)
FIGT9-0EEAX-F8BZP
Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete (Humble Bundle Link)
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=uUcKBdK5CWSabyer
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition (Humble Bundle Link)
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=aVPSZxBHnn8DFemK
when you quote, click on that light switch at the top left if you can't see them
sorry about making it too hard.
can i have Civ IV and/or III? I want to try them out since the review was positive

Didn't know impulse had it for that price. I don't think it's gonna be cheaper than that for a while.

Honestly, I didn't think it was that great. Game is average at best.. but if you love pac-man, I'd grab it for that price.
Did you get it on the $10 price mistake?

I really liked it. Maybe because I wasn't expecting much out of it or maybe because there really aren't many full 3D (as opposed to 2.5D) platformers on Steam ala Mario Sunshine but I thought it was loads of fun. I need to get back to that game actually.

From the screenshots and videos, Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures seems reminiscent of Pac-Man World 3. I really enjoyed PMW3. For anyone that has played both, is it a similar type of game?

I hope the cat made out okay. :whistle2:?
Ya she's ok, had to spend the night at the vet but she's a trooper. Definitely used a couple of her lives though and at least one of mine.

Do you have any idea how the thought "man I hope my new girlfriend's cat is ok after a 6 story fall" feels? The answer is scary.

Cheers,

Tony

Ya she's ok, had to spend the night at the vet but she's a trooper. Definitely used a couple of her lives though and at least one of mine.

Do you have any idea how the thought "man I hope my new girlfriend's cat is ok after a 6 story fall" feels? The answer is scary.

Cheers,

Tony
As the human-parent of four felines, yes, I do.

oh yay more deals where an older game I own is bundled with a newer one I don't. :roll:

yeah yeah I'm entitled/spoiled/demanding/sarcastic <insert negative adjective here>
Yeah, I only own the XCOM base game and nothing else. I need an XCOM Humble Bundle. Without a $15 tier. Actually, screw that, I just need an upgrade package for five bucks.

Did you get it on the $10 price mistake?

I really liked it. Maybe because I wasn't expecting much out of it or maybe because there really aren't many full 3D (as opposed to 2.5D) platformers on Steam ala Mario Sunshine but I thought it was loads of fun. I need to get back to that game actually.
Yeah I bought it during the price mistake. There not being many 3D platformers on Steam is why I bought it, actually.

Also, someone really should make a 30 FPS cap fix for it. Sucks that there hasn't been one yet.

LA Noire complete for 7.49 before voucher on GMG. 5.99 after. If only Amazon could have gotten this on the EC sale. :(

The DLC bundle is 2.99 (2.40 after voucher) here for those who already have the base game: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/la-noire-dlc-bundle/

Complete bundle: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/adventure/la-noire-complete-edition/

Voucher: PH4V4F-33PTVI-5HXNWG
2.40 +2.49 still cheaper than 5.99. Plus ya got MAx Payne 3, but I get what you are saying. 7.49 + EC = 2.49 which is better than 4.89 plus you dont have to buy from 2 sites.

I doubt my Tomb Raider and Vulcan playfire credits will xfer before the sale is off. Would make DLC free for me.

It sucks you cant rely on that stuff for sales. Missed out on Cave too waiting for a xfer.

Ill probably bite and just use the credits I have and pay the difference. Especially since Neuro was very generous and gifted me LA Noire from the EC, and the DLC is supposed to really improve the game.

I just picked up the DLC for my newly acquired PC version of the game.  I originally played LA Noire on the PS3 with the DLC and from what I can remember, the DLC cases were quite interesting and somewhat substantial.  I don't think you can go wrong for under 3 dollars.  I don't know if it improves the game in any way but it will extend the gameplay and the cases don't feel like they were added later and fit quite well into a regular playthrough.

I really enjoyed the game but I've heard opinions as to why others didn't like it at all.  Obviously it would only be good to buy the DLC if you like the game to begin with.

And I just realized we are posting in the Amazon thread for some reason.

Thoughts on the DLC for LA Noire, btw? Must-buy at 2.40?
It's more cases. So yes.

I'd try the base game first though...lots of people don't like it, half-assed open world stuff, wonky shooting, and the entire interrogation mechanic that the game is based around is somewhat confusing and unpredictable. I really enjoyed it though...it helps if you don't care about "getting the best score."

It's more cases. So yes.

I'd try the base game first though...lots of people don't like it, half-assed open world stuff, wonky shooting, and the entire interrogation mechanic that the game is based around is somewhat confusing and unpredictable. I really enjoyed it though...it helps if you don't care about "getting the best score."
Hm... Any ideas how long GMG runs this stuff for? Never paid attention to their sale lengths before.

Screw it. Bought it. The Playfire Rewards credit plus the extra .10 back means I got the DLC bundle for $2.30. It would have been entirely credit but for some reason it wouldn't let me pay all of it that way--it forced me to use a real penny on it. Not sure why.

Screw it. Bought it. The Playfire Rewards credit plus the extra .10 back means I got the DLC bundle for $2.30. It would have been entirely credit but for some reason it wouldn't let me pay all of it that way--it forced me to use a real penny on it. Not sure why.
This happens to me too, but there is 1 way around it. Instead of putting $2.40 for credit used, enter $2.41. 1 cent above the total required usually fixes it. However, if you don't have enough credit to cover over the full cost, you have to pay 1 penny.

What is the cheapest BNW and gods and kings have been? I got civ v free so I'm trying to decide if those 2 are worth $14 or just get the others for $1 and wait for civ v dlc.

What is the cheapest BNW and gods and kings have been? I got civ v free so I'm trying to decide if those 2 are worth $14 or just get the others for $1 and wait for civ v dlc.
BNW was $5 a couple days ago on gamefly and Gold Upgrade keys typically go for $5 when on sale.

I thought Amazon always price matched Steams mid week deals. I've been waiting for Don't Starve price to flip (I have submitted a price match), but nothing so far.

Do they not always match?

Does anyone need Civ IV or the Ace Patrol games from Humble?

Edit: Civ IV and Ace Patrol are gone.

Cheers,

Tony
Almost. My girlfriend had a fifth-floor apartment, and a cat who was prone to laying in windowsills, and I left a window open and unattended while preparing to install a window AC unit.

Panic (from the girlfriend) ensued when she couldn't find the cat. I looked out the window, dreading the possibility of a cat carcass on the sidewalk -- but there was nothing. Then the cat comes crawling out from under a chair, looking around like nothing had happened.

From the screenshots and videos, Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures seems reminiscent of Pac-Man World 3. I really enjoyed PMW3. For anyone that has played both, is it a similar type of game?
You need to play Pac-Man World 2, it's far superior to 3 and still a lot of fun to this day.

http://www.amazon.com/RollerCoaster-Tycoon-3-Platinum-Download/dp/B00AI7EVGE/ anyone know can i play this game on PC? I think this is steamplay that can play both but I still not sure.
When you want a Steam-version of game - always check the game's actual page on the Steam web-site, to see if it has Steamplay support, in case you want a key to register-up for multiple OS's.

In this case for RcT3: Plat, look here:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/2700/?snr=1_7_15__13

See the Steamplay symbol on the page for RcT3: Plat?

That means it supports Windows + other OS formats.

Often, it's usually at least Windows + Mac.

Sometimes, it also supports other formats - such as Linux.

You have to look at the page and see what OS symbols are there.

And read the system requirements, too - to see if your PC matches up, surpasses them, or is just shy of them.

Given the symbols on the page - RcT3: Plat game supports Windows + Mac.

I have a killer deal on EU+EW in mid feb.

Also, Baddington has a message for all of you.

http://i.imgur.com/MRnVJAv.jpg?1

Cheers,

Tony
XCOM is so good. I recently restarted for Enemy Within and that game just causes time gaps in my life.

I'll start the game, play for a little while and before signing off I'll do one more mission. Then afterwards I'll scan for activity before logging off, and ohh shit alien abduction, I'll do that mission real quick. Then I'll scan for activity again real quick, maybe change my research if that finished and then ohh shit 4 hours have just flew past. I love games that do that when I have the time to kill.

Hey everyone. I'm back with some free stuff for you. Mostly because I bought a bundle and had everything except one game, and I guess I wouldn't wait for it to be cheaper elsewhere.

Alien Spidy - 82EXD-JJD2D-QTAMH

Journey Down: Chapter One - 7WDPW-FB2HY-VPXIW

Miner Wars 2081 - FR3KE-BRGW9-AMBLY (I don't know what the unlock key would be for, but if someone needs that separate, let me know)

Dollar Dash - 54EBJ-VR6MF-7B703

Duke Nukem - CYNTW-WGX0G-BKJ6E

Duke Nukem 2 - Y9VFM-398XF-FQBME

Foreign Legion: Multi Massacre - CYI74-CD3LM-AMB7E

Party of Sin - GKI00-82K74-7IX2L

And here's a Desura copy of DLC Quest if anyone still doesn't have it, that I've had leftover for ages, since I bought it for a friend, but apparently he never redeemed it. So he loses.

https://secure.desura.com/cart/gift/accept?h=C9221DAAC9E2F90BB1B15B6ECF7AEBB4&b=1685

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back