Amazon Post Thanksgiving Deals! (Oblivion (PC) CE $25, Okami $30...)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Sunday's Deals - Click here for all the deals.
Saturday's Deals - Click here for all the deals.
Friday's Deals - Click here for all the deals.
Looks like they will change (daily)?
Forget about fighting the crowds at the mall. During the Amazon.com After Thanksgiving Sale great savings on video games come to you. Between now and Monday, November 27th we'll offer deals on some of the hottest video game titles around. Shop now and often for the best bargains of the season, all from the comfort of home.

Spend $25 get free shipping.

Highlights:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.h...gam08-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325Sunday's Deals

:360:
Gears Of War (Collector'S Edition) $58
Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth II $30

Saturday's Deals (Most are Gone)
:pc:
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion Collector's Edition (DVD-ROM) $25

:ps2:
Sega Classic Collection $5
Rampage Total Destruction $10
Okami $30

Friday's Deals (Most are Gone)
:360:Xbox 360
Xbox 360 Live Gold Camera Bundle (with camera, 1 Yr Xbox Live, headset, Uno, Robotron and 200 Msoft Points) $40

Condemned Criminal Origins $19

Call of Duty 2 $20

Saint's Row $35

Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth II $30

:ps2:PS2
Okami $30

Psychonauts $5

:psp:PSP
Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Core $170

Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Entertainment Pack $220

Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories $15

:pc:PC
World of Warcraft $15

Microsoft Age of Empires 3 $25

Prey Limited Collector's Edition $25

Battlefield 2142 (DVD-ROM) $25

Click here for all the deals

[quote name='encendido5']Where was this moved to?

I just picked up Oblivion and a $.50 filler to get free shipping. Thanks Cheapy![/QUOTE]

I'm looking to pick up oblivion too, but am having trouble finding anything cheap that qualifies for free shipping to use as filler...any ideas?

[quote name='tinyandi']Got Oblivion and Okami, along with the free DVDs and CD Cases. Finally found an excuse to get those freebie items without paying shipping!

If anyone else is interested in sweetening up this deal:

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B0007DFXD4/ref=pd_rvi_gw_1/002-0295371-2772022
http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B0007P4G8A/ref=pd_rvi_gw_2/002-0295371-2772022

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

thanks andi! I used the DVD case as a filler. I'd rather not have to wait for a rebate, but at least I'll get some use out of this (as opposed to some junk filler).

Thanks for the post (and the other amazon post)
Quick question - what would be a 'reasonable' specs in order to run this game? I would like to play this, but I want to make sure my pc can handle it.

[quote name='ToddManG']I'm looking to pick up oblivion too, but am having trouble finding anything cheap that qualifies for free shipping to use as filler...any ideas?[/quote]
This is what I used for filler:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CEONES/102-8064073-0432161

There are lists on other websites of stuff to use for filler. I just searched "amazon filler" on google and went to the SD list.

Oblivion is still $24.99 BTW.

PS. don't use the books, because those are an instant buy and won't add to your cart first. I made that mistake and lost $.50.

They started off with such a bang, now it's not so wow at all. Too bad.

Appreciate the updates though. You never know when another great deal might pop up.

[quote name='Hibiwa']They started off with such a bang, now it's not so wow at all. Too bad.

Appreciate the updates though. You never know when another great deal might pop up.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I was hoping some of the great deals would move to Xbox or GC or an older console (especially if they're trying to clear out stock). Either way, I hope Amazon keeps this tradition up.

FOr thsoe still wanting the Vision Camera Bundle, I think it's on sale for $40 all this week at Target (check this week's the sales ad). It's really no surprise considering how Amazon and Target usually have the same deals (are the associated or something?), but it's much better that they are doing it all week. Since there is no Target near me I am going to bring the paper to Best Buy and hoep they don't try to weasel out of the price match (the sales ad sales BUNDLE, but I'ms ure they will use every excuse possible).

Sucks I jsut bought GoW CE a couple of days ago, I figured this would happen, whenever I pay full price for a game it goes on sale shortly afterwards...

[quote name='SlaughterX']FOr thsoe still wanting the Vision Camera Bundle, I think it's on sale for $40 all this week at Target (check this week's the sales ad). It's really no surprise considering how Amazon and Target usually have the same deals (are the associated or something?), but it's much better that they are doing it all week. Since there is no Target near me I am going to bring the paper to Best Buy and hoep they don't try to weasel out of the price match (the sales ad sales BUNDLE, but I'ms ure they will use every excuse possible).

Sucks I jsut bought GoW CE a couple of days ago, I figured this would happen, whenever I pay full price for a game it goes on sale shortly afterwards...[/QUOTE]
Um, the Target ad shows the CAMERA for $40, which is the MSRP. I went to Target today and the package scanned in at $79.99.

[quote name='SlaughterX']The ad cleary says BUNDLE, you should have showed them that and made them give it to you for the advertised price.[/QUOTE]
You're right. The picture is the camera and it seems like a misprint, since it says low price.

THE PACKAGE IS BACK UP RIGHT NOW IN STOCK AT TARGET.COM!!!!!!!!

edit : ....and now it's not. Was able to get my order in. I'd keep trying to refresh throughout the day.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...1/601-7198669-0675332?ie=UTF8&asin=B000GCGB3M

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion (DVD-ROM for PC) $19.99

This is the regular edition DVD, not the Collector's Edition.
Looks like Collector's Edition is up from $24.99 to $44.98.

I'd put this in its own thread so it isn't buried here, but last time I did that it got moved down here anyway, but the thread title did get updated.

Kind of a weird sale. It seems some items have stayed the same from day to day, while others appear for a day and then are back to regular price the next.

How do we find these new deals on our own? I've been having to click through this thread just to find the new day's deals.

Doh! I'm still not seeing it. I found Bargains/Today's Deals, but that page that takes me to still doesn't seem to have anything about games.

why did i not see this until right now? i would have jumped on a couple of these. The post on the front page did not make this look as good as it was so I never clicked on it!

I take it the $19.99 Oblivion (PC) only lasted a couple of hours? :)

EDIT: Oh wait, my mistake. If you search for Oblivion, there are two listings for the regular edition. The one sold by Amazon is a little further down on the page.

[quote name='SlaughterX']FOr thsoe still wanting the Vision Camera Bundle, I think it's on sale for $40 all this week at Target (check this week's the sales ad). It's really no surprise considering how Amazon and Target usually have the same deals (are the associated or something?), but it's much better that they are doing it all week. Since there is no Target near me I am going to bring the paper to Best Buy and hoep they don't try to weasel out of the price match (the sales ad sales BUNDLE, but I'ms ure they will use every excuse possible).

Sucks I jsut bought GoW CE a couple of days ago, I figured this would happen, whenever I pay full price for a game it goes on sale shortly afterwards...[/quote]

yep, their add def shows bundle.. i'll def check this out after work today. i'll just make a scene or if anything try a PM at BB

Picked up the Vision bundle for $40 @ Wal-mart today. I went to Best Buy first because I wanted to pick up some DVDs that were on sale too, and as expected they used every excuse in the book. I showed the ad, pointed out that it indeed was the bundle, not just the cam, then the guy tried to say that the stand alone cam WAS a bundle, and I pointed out to him that only the Gold bundle actually says bundle on the thing in the store. Then I even got on a computer and showed him the gold bundle, box in all, on Target's site, and then he said they couldn't do it because it was sold out. I really wish we had a Circuit City around here because I fucking hate the customer service (or lack of it) at Best Buy...

I ordered the XBOX Live Vision Kit, Saint's Row and Call of Duty 2 on Friday and I can't believe it's here already. I picked the free shipping and they gave me a estimated arrival time of Dec 5th-9th, but it showed up today.

Another amazing thing is that the copy of Call of Duty 2 they sent me is the GotY edition that comes with the extra DVD and downloadable maps whereas the link on friday was clearly for the regular version (the GotY edition had a seperate product page and was $39.99).

Thanks again cheapy for posting that stuff.

Wow, I ordered CoD 2 and a wireless controller and it hasn't even shipped yet. I hope I get the GotY edition as well. I was on the fence about the regular edition, but decided the sale price was too good for the extra maps and a DVD I'll never watch.

[quote name='roymustang']Another amazing thing is that the copy of Call of Duty 2 they sent me is the GotY edition that comes with the extra DVD and downloadable maps whereas the link on friday was clearly for the regular version (the GotY edition had a seperate product page and was $39.99).
.[/quote]

I got the GotY edition as well! It arrived today.

BLAHHHHHH
I ordered at 7am EST Friday and I still have a Dec. 2nd - Dec. 12th estimated delivery time.
How did you guys get your stuff so fast?
Anyone know where Amazon's warehouses are located?

[quote name='soxfan30']BLAHHHHHH
I ordered at 7am EST Friday and I still have a Dec. 2nd - Dec. 12th estimated delivery time.
Anyone know where Amazon's warehouses are located?[/QUOTE]
Maybe they didn't choose the free super saver shipping. I placed an order with free shipping on Saturday and my delivery estimate is 12/6-12/11. My experience with Amazon's free shipping leads me to believe it will be closer to the 12/11 date.

[quote name='soxfan30']BLAHHHHHH
Anyone know where Amazon's warehouses are located?[/quote]
Maybe its because we're near the west coast, and FYI I picked the free super saver shipping.

Got my 12-month Xbox Live Vision Gold Pack today. Ordered 11/24, Super Saver shipping. USPS and Amazon shipping info was never updated beyond "Carrier notified to pick up package". So a nice surprise. Thanks OP.

littlemonkey

I ordered my XBL Vision gold bundle on Friday, and got it in today, but they instead gave me just the regular camera pack, not the gold bundle. I work right next to a Target, do you think they will make the switch out for me? Anyone else with this issue?

Print out the page that has the pic of the gold bundle, and call Target corp and tell them that they did not send you the right item and they are false advertising.

bread's done
Back