[Amazon] Tales of Symphonia Chronicles: Collector's Edition ($99.99)- PlayStation 3 Preorder is up

Because we have an interest in a CE of a game that we enjoyed...but not the crap being offered for the price. You honestly expect the thread to be filled with "Thanks, in for one!"? Maybe if this came with a Colette pillow. /jk
So I'm gonna go ahead and assume I was dead on with my assumption that you'd prefer a wet towel.

Yeah, no way I can justify the extra $60 for four figures, two incomplete soundtrack CDs, and a booklet. That's nuts. To give you an idea, those figures, part of a line called "Ichiban Kuji" here in Japan, generally have a market value of roughly $5 each.
To be fair, the to get the complete soundtracks it'd take 8 dics, and in Japan they cost almost 8000 yen alone total.

I don't like imcomplete OSTs myself, but one couldn't expect it all here...

Last edited by a moderator:
$60 more for this CE? Hahahahahahaha... No.

Damn I love the Tales series. And Symphonia was my favorite. But this is just greed. I'll get the regular edition.

Went ahead and placed my pre-order for two, could care less about the game....ordering strictly for the eventual flip knowing all the 30+ year old virgin pedos still living in their grammas basement will be all over this collectible for the "dolls" lmao
What's so funny about the little figures?

I loved the Xillia CE.  I think the Milla CE statue, CD, DLC and art booklet (I really can't see them justifying calling it a full art book) was worth the extra $40.  I've been fairly disappointed in the quality of bonus art books lately though and this book hits the trend... what used to be a highlight of the CE pack-in or pre-order bonus is now typically a few glossy postcards stapled together.

I know Namco is trying, but I can't justify +$60 for $5-10 minifigures, CD postcard-sized art booklet.  I could probably go +$30 or maybe +$40.  Sticking with the standard edition here.

Also, why is the general sentiment of this tread seem to be picking this up to flip and personal attacks on collectors?   :headache:

They have been getting cheap on their packaging and only using the smallest size box possible instead of the next size up and putting in more protection. At least they have decent quality boxes that stand up to abuse unlike say Gamestop.
You have to tell Amazon about their packaging. There's a feedback section specifically for that.

As for the CE, it's not my bag.

Preordered this. I was saying I would sit this one out last night after getting burned on Ni No Kuni by Digital River so I'm thrilled to have a legitimate way to get this.

Thank you Amazon for getting this! Now I need to cancel my Namco store order.

Does anyone have the phone number we used for digital river when the ni no kuni stuff was going on? 

So you're not an actual fan unless you want all the stupid little toys and whatnot that go along with a series? I better head to TRU and check out their "The Walking Dead" selection.
Where exactly did I ever say that? Please quit trying to flame bait and get some reading comprehension.

I was responding to the guy who said it was junk. Not making an all out statement

I am hearing a lot of people concerned about the amazon shipments. I have never received anything beat up from amazon, but I could see how a box more fragile like could get screwed up. I know that the Namco store is apparently horrible from Ni No Kuni, but if you can actually get your order through, do they have good shipment? If I knew I was getting one from Namco for sure, should I go with it for the shipping quality?

Doesn't mean they listen. Every package I get I tell them to stop using those stupid cardboard wraps.

Yeah after asking them to pack some things in a box and them not listening, my patience expired at SMTIV. I just go to my local GS where I know the people that work there (and are bigjrpg fans too). I preordered my Wind Waker LE at another one and picked up the last one that was crushed. My local store was nice enough to switch it out :) So I trust them with my LEs now. Amazon is just a place to preorder as a "just in case" now, since GS still doesn't have the Sorcery Saga LE up.

I am hearing a lot of people concerned about the amazon shipments. I have never received anything beat up from amazon, but I could see how a box more fragile like could get screwed up. I know that the Namco store is apparently horrible from Ni No Kuni, but if you can actually get your order through, do they have good shipment? If I knew I was getting one from Namco for sure, should I go with it for the shipping quality?
I've received about 10 different damaged CEs/LEs from Amazon. Basically all but 2 I ordered were damaged.

The regular stuff I order tends to be fine but the CEs and LEs mostly get beat up.

Amazon CS is good but they can't replace an item if they aren't going to receive any more.

Even some of the replacements I told Amazon to ship in a proper box weren't packaged properly so I ended up with another damaged CE.

I could go through Amazon's discussion forums and pull out lots of examples of people complaining about damaged CE/LEs but the last one that I remember is this one

Yeah, no way I can justify the extra $60 for four figures, two incomplete soundtrack CDs, and a booklet. That's nuts. To give you an idea, those figures, part of a line called "Ichiban Kuji" here in Japan, generally have a market value of roughly $5 each.
Yea, I agree, but for importing from other stores the Famitsu dx packs usually run 250 usd. So for a US buyer to get it tis alot. I have the fami packs for Xillia 1/2 and 100 is a steal since ppl in japan got charged 250.

Preordered this game when it popped up last night. Went to Gamestop this morning and preordered a copy there as well. Will probably keep the Amazon preorder until we get closer to the release date (just to make sure I can manage to get a copy). 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/14/this-is-tales-of-symphonia-chronicles-collectors-edition

Looks like junk for an extra $60. Cancelled.

Enjoy the 4 figures, soundtrack, and artbook.
Why did you preorder in the first place? Did you not see what the extras where from the picture or read?

Does it come with the two tales of symphonia game or just the gamecube one?

the copy of the game itself I guess thats what I'm looking for but can't find the info
As others have mentioned, it has both Symphonia games. According to people that have played the JPN version, ToS is the PS2 version which has some minor frame issues.

There hasn't been word on a limited edition for the standard edition like ToX? I'd like the novel and soundtrack, but I've never liked chibi looking figures
It'll likely happen.

I've mentioned this time and time again, for small/medium sized C/L/S editions Gamestop usually ships the best. If the game is not sealed however (just box), then it will get a bit dented. For medium/big editions, Best Buy is pretty good. Amazon is very variable and inconsistent for me.

$5 x 5 + $10 book + $15 CD = $50 extra.  But they want $60 extra.  Let's face it, $100 would have only made sense if they were charging $60 for the main game.

A fair price for this collection would be $79.99, the same price many CEs USED to be not too long ago.

Ordered, but at $100, I might sell this on eBay and get the sanely priced version.  Not sure yet if I will keep the CE at that price. Depends entirely if the going rate on eBay is $200 or something crazy when it launches.  There's way more than 15,000 people out there who want this CE I reckon.

Yikes, not even nendoroids and they want to charge that much.

Put in a pre-order but will most likely cancel later on.

I've received about 10 different damaged CEs/LEs from Amazon. Basically all but 2 I ordered were damaged.

The regular stuff I order tends to be fine but the CEs and LEs mostly get beat up.

Amazon CS is good but they can't replace an item if they aren't going to receive any more.

Even some of the replacements I told Amazon to ship in a proper box weren't packaged properly so I ended up with another damaged CE.

I could go through Amazon's discussion forums and pull out lots of examples of people complaining about damaged CE/LEs but the last one that I remember is this one
So, whats the experience with the Namco shipping? Do they have good quality shipping and keep the items secure?

OK, so for everyone saying "oh these are $5 figures" can you buy these exact figures for $5 on their own? If not then they're not $5 figures.

So, whats the experience with the Namco shipping? Do they have good quality shipping and keep the items secure?

It's Digital River, who are awful, that handles all these Japanese companies stores and they're beyond awful. If you can go through Amazon.

OK, so for everyone saying "oh these are $5 figures" can you buy these exact figures for $5 on their own? If not then they're not $5 figures.

It's Digital River, who are awful, that handles all these Japanese companies stores and they're beyond awful. If you can go through Amazon.
People are saying its a line of fugues and others just like these fr the same company cost $5. It's pretty silly to declare these a different value. People know what these figures cost. My Blu ray player comes with a free movie that isn't available at retail but everyone knows what a Blu ray costs.

Well yall can keep arguing over something you dont even plan to buy. Ill just sit back, be happy with my order, and move on with my life.

I know they can be awful with customer service and orders and such, but in the end, is the shipment itself better quality than amazon?

Managed to get in a pre-order now. No idea what the issue was this morning. Will have to look into the other Tales games at some point too.

There hasn't been word on a limited edition for the standard edition like ToX? I'd like the novel and soundtrack, but I've never liked chibi looking figures
Namco confirmed at the NYCC panel that there would be a limited edition like ToX. It includes the light novel and soundtrack, just no figures or bigass box. Gonna be ordering this version since I don't care for the trading figures.

Hey guys. Can somebody confirm if GS has any exclusives for this edition. Someone else on another forum mentioned that the GS edition will have a steelbook and DLC. Is the Steelbook only a GS excluaive??

Hey guys. Can somebody confirm if GS has any exclusives for this edition. Someone else on another forum mentioned that the GS edition will have a steelbook and DLC. Is the Steelbook only a GS excluaive??
It does say on Gamestops site for the CE that it comes with a steelbook and DLC theme. Ugh I may be switching my order over to Gamestop now

Namco confirmed at the NYCC panel that there would be a limited edition like ToX. It includes the light novel and soundtrack, just no figures or bigass box. Gonna be ordering this version since I don't care for the trading figures.
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure if I missed that in the articles I read or what.

bread's done
Back