[Amazon] Tales of Symphonia Chronicles: Collector's Edition ($99.99)- PlayStation 3 Preorder is up

Oh boy, since they canceled me off the day  before it shipped for everyone, I'ma give it another go

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boy, since they canceled me off the day before it shipped for everyone. I'ma give it another go
You should. These people weren't kidding about this being super limited. Get it now or you'll regret it for a while down the line. I know I will especially seeing $170 being the next best price only a week after release.

Just a heads up the bandai namco site has limited quantities in stock ordered one but don't get your hopes up maybe idk never ordered from them but i heard about the ni no kuni incident
I saw that too. It's been up 4hrs? or so and I just checked as of this post and it actually lets you add it to cart still, not like previous restock.

I suffered Bravery Default from Amazon btw and Groupon. How bad can DR REALLY be?
DR packaging isn't bad. Its everything else. I preordered a game two years(delayed several times) early and it shipped 6 days after release. I'd say there is a good 20-30 pages of horror stories in the CE thread.

Got my 2 copies in yesterday from the restock from namco in great shape, box was just a little bigger than the boxes of the games.  One in the 600s, one in the 700s (not gonna walk through the house to check) :)  But then again, in terms of DR, I have yet to have any issue with them on anything I've bought from them from around the time of Darksiders 1 till now.

Just got mine from Bamco's site. High 2000s I recall. But like others said, the box came with no packaging and mine now has one of the corners crushed in. Now to decide what to do

My extra ones came from Namco in pristine condition. Contained sheet packaging as usual. :)

I ordered just a few hours ago from the Namco store website. It seems to be in stock. I got an email confirmation. Are people's orders actually being canceled?

I ordered just a few hours ago from the Namco store website. It seems to be in stock. I got an email confirmation. Are people's orders actually being canceled?
Hope not. Been checking out this thread 24/7 for the past few days but the negativity towards DR is beyond overwhelming. The thing that gets to me is that they screw customers on release. Extremely unprofessional but I do hope we get lucky. If they screwed up on release, no doubt that's a possibility here especially with that listing being up for so long.

I read on the ToS CE page that they have limited stock added today since 10 A.M PST. Unlike last weeks small stockup, this one didn't go away in a couple hours. Hope nothing goofed up

I preordered back when this was announced both at Amazon and Namco, pretty sure the first day.

Apparently my Amazon order was a phantom order :bomb:

I ordered 2 from Namco which arrived on release day but didn't get a chance to examine. The box did not contain any packaging.  One of the CE's outer clear box was a bit dented as is the game box.  The other CE's outer clear box is almost mint, but one of the corners of the actual game box is more dented than anything on the first CE :roll:!  Mine were both consecutively numbered in the 8000s.

A friend that is in the same state also ordered 2.  He said his were in the 2000s.  Also no packaging and some dented corners (but no instance of the actual game box being more dented that the outer clear box).  I have no idea how the numbering was distributed.

How easy is it for somebody to cancel an order through Namco's site?  

The only experience I've had with Digital River has been their cancelling my legitimate pre-orders on me.... but with this re-stock, I'm debating on putting in an order through them to go alongside my Amazon order (my preference, but dont want both) just to hope I get one.

How easy is it for somebody to cancel an order through Namco's site?

The only experience I've had with Digital River has been their cancelling my legitimate pre-orders on me.... but with this re-stock, I'm debating on putting in an order through them to go alongside my Amazon order (my preference, but dont want both) just to hope I get one.
its pretty difficult apparently, i tried to cancel on monday and they said they put the process through and 2 days later they ship my order. i didnt want it anymore since i got it from amazon but they claimed it couldnt be cancelled in time because it goes directly to the warehouse. I call bs because my order was sitting there for days not shipped.

I got an order from both Amazon and Namco too. Probably going to cancel from Amazon since Namco apparently have these in stock. They said to expect the unit to be shipped out within 1-2 days. Not sure either but I definitely know I'm canceling one depending on who ships out first.

my assumption on this is that, Namco is making these new copies in Amazon by order. I don't see any other reason. The order page isn't taken down yet.

My amazon restock order shipped and should be here Monday. So glad I got it even though it was OOS when I ordered.

As long as they don't reprint them or change the contents then I'm good. I rather not have the CE at all if they did either of the things I said. It is very strange. Namco claiming very limit supplies advertising 15000 yet it's still readily available...

My card has been charged and it's estimated to get here on the 11th but I still haven't gotten a shipping conformation amazon just says preparing for shipment.

EDIT: Being available for a few hours on a Thursday night two weeks after release after being sold out for works prior does not equal readily available. -_-

As long as they don't reprint them or change the contents then I'm good. I rather not have the CE at all if they did either of the things I said. It is very strange. Namco claiming very limit supplies advertising 15000 yet it's still readily available...
i thought you wanted the CE, wouldn't a reprint be beneficial in your case?

i thought you wanted the CE, wouldn't a reprint be beneficial in your case?
If it's a reprint then it's not going to be numbered yet I'm paying the same price as the limited ones. I'll get it at a discount in that case. No way will I pay the same amount.

its pretty difficult apparently, i tried to cancel on monday and they said they put the process through and 2 days later they ship my order. i didnt want it anymore since i got it from amazon but they claimed it couldnt be cancelled in time because it goes directly to the warehouse. I call bs because my order was sitting there for days not shipped.
Thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and am going to just bite the bullet on it!

My Amazon order just shipped today! But when I ordered it was OOS so I'm just happy to be getting one. Now I just gotta pray that it doesn't get damaged on the way in -_-

Because most likely, Namco being the second rate company they are, weren't able to get all the CE's to distributors for release. It can't be a coincidence that all numbers are either in the 13,000 - 18,000 (Amazon) or sub 5,000 (Gamestop).

You don't complete a reprint in a matter of two weeks.
You're probably generalizing, but anyway, I preordered from Gamestop online and got it shipped on release day, it was around 7000 something.

It's really a limited edition since it's... ummm.. you know limited. Collector's edition to are those big hefty edition that are for fans of a series that want more than just the game. Limited Edition are basically the same but however are limited within a short a period of time.

e.c Xillia CEs are still available while the limited editons are gone.

When did this become a limited edition, I thought it was a collectors edition? Unless my reading comprehension is bad, the two are totally different.
Even people in the industry interchange LE/CE/SE/PE/etcE/randomcustomE when the terms aren't (makes it worse when a game has several, differently priced versions aside from the base game). Just look at IGN's sponsored unboxing videos to see (actually don't unless you have adblocks so they don't get monies).

Anyway the ToS:C CE is a limited numbered print run Collector's Edition so it is "more" limited than the typical whateverE.

It's really a limited edition since it's... ummm.. you know limited. Collector's edition to are those big hefty edition that are for fans of a series that want more than just the game. Limited Edition are basically the same but however are limited within a short a period of time.

e.c Xillia CEs are still available while the limited editons are gone.
I've yet to see a ToX CE in store aside from release week. I know some BBs had the LE months ago; I last saw a LE at a GS maybe last month.

When did this become a limited edition, I thought it was a collectors edition? Unless my reading comprehension is bad, the two are totally different.
When something says xxxx/xxxx I would assume the final number is the limited part. It gives the buyer a sense of importance, whether or not that matters (to me, it really doesn't) - however, companies using the tactic to then open the floodgates have more than likely screwed buyers who will go to secondary markets like eBay as they believe no more will be produced.

When something says xxxx/xxxx I would assume the final number is the limited part. It gives the buyer a sense of importance, whether or not that matters (to me, it really doesn't) - however, companies using the tactic to then open the floodgates have more than likely screwed buyers who will go to secondary markets like eBay as they believe no more will be produced.
LEs are editions I also go after on release because I know it's not going to drop in price later where else I wait for a price drop on CEs and get it at a 50 percent discount or better.

SDP is right though. These terms are interchangeable by publishers and it's all the same to them. Basically anything numbered is something you should go after first unless the number is really high like in the 6 digits.

bread's done
Back