CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)

LINK

Trade in any 4 games, get a bonus $20 off a select new release

Trade in any 2 games, get a bonus $10 off a select new release

Trade in any four games through Amazon.com's Video Games Trade-In store before April 12, 2009 and in addition to your Amazon.com Gift Card, you'll receive $20 off a select new release title in the Video Games store. Don't have 4 games you want to trade in? Trade in any two games before April 12, 2009 and you'll receive $10 off a select new release.

[quote name='aphu9876']Did you send them from separate addresses? I think the fine print says one $20 off coupon per household.

On a separate note, I mailed in four games on Friday, from MN, and they cleared today, now I just need my coupon code to buy a game, sweet.[/quote]

oh crap, good looking out! thanks, i guess i should cancel the second order/not send it?

So how would I ever get 2 20 dollar off thingys?

I traded in 5 games, just in case the lone PS1 game was rejected. All 5 were accepted, but I'm still waiting for the $20 bonus code. I realize it can be up to 30 days after the end of the promotion, but I just want to get my one game for cheap. Why can't they pick up the pace? The turnaround on the trade-in was incredibly fast.

Got my Code, and used my credit to get HAWX, so 4 crappy discount games bought for about 20$, got me a game I wanted, so not bad, but I think I'm done with Amazon, unless some amazing trade in prices emerge. By limiting deals to 1 per household, they really make these deals hard to use.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I must be the lone guy out. I sent mine in last tuesday and it's yet to be recieved. Guess I'm out 4 ds games. :([/quote]

I sent games in on the 30th and just got confirmation and credit today. It can take awhile.

Just wondering is it too late to participate in this deal if I send out games tom?

I have 4 ps3 games i've been meaning to get rid of but I don't understand if they must receive the games by April 12th or you must have already sent out the games by then?

thanks

[quote name='ChingChing']Just wondering is it too late to participate in this deal if I send out games tom?

I have 4 ps3 games i've been meaning to get rid of but I don't understand if they must receive the games by April 12th or you must have already sent out the games by then?

thanks[/quote]
The way I understand it is you must initiate the trade through Amazon by the 12th, then you have until the 19th (or 7 days from your trade initiation date) to ship them.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']The way I understand it is you must initiate the trade through Amazon by the 12th, then you have until the 19th (or 7 days from your trade initiation date) to ship them.[/quote]

Yeah I just made the trade today and will ship tom. On my invoice its dated Apr.9th so I believe you are right.

thanks a lot for the suggestion.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I must be the lone guy out. I sent mine in last tuesday and it's yet to be recieved. Guess I'm out 4 ds games. :([/QUOTE]

I sent mine on 4/1 and they haven't been received yet as of 4/10. They were sent media mail, so I'm hoping they still show up or get returned. $120 worth of trade-in credit that I don't want to lose in the mail.

Anybody else waiting to receive the $20 off coupon? All four games in my trade were received on Tuesday. The GC from the trade is in my account, but no word on the $20 off coupon yet.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I just got the $20 off coupon in my inbox this morning and they accepted my trade at the beginning of the week.[/quote]

Same here.

[quote name='jscme']Anybody else waiting to receive the $20 off coupon? All four games in my trade were received on Tuesday. The GC from the trade is in my account, but no word on the $20 off coupon yet.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I got trade in credit from all 4 games, but I never got a coupon.

Hmmmm, now that I see that the coupon is good until the end of May, I think I'm just going to wait and see whether DQV goes on sale between now and then, in which case I'll pick it up using the coupon for extra cheap.

Quick question for all of you that have had your games accepted by Amazon....what are you using to ship the games in that isn't too pricey? I'm almost scared to send them in bubble envelopes with all these games being rejected!

I sent off the games on wednesday and even with Media Mail, it got there very quickly (got the accepted Email on Friday, but then again im only 3 states away from the center). Havent gotten the Email for the $20 off yet though. When I do im just going to hold it for when Star Ocean 4 goes on sale again, or hopefully some price drops for the games.

[quote name='mindtrick']Quick question for all of you that have had your games accepted by Amazon....what are you using to ship the games in that isn't too pricey? I'm almost scared to send them in bubble envelopes with all these games being rejected![/quote]

I had a small box from Amazon and some thick bubble wrap, so I just reused that.

For anyone that was curious, I received my one damaged game today. It was noted as cracked / chipped disc, and it does have a tiny crack extending out from the inner ring of the disc. It might have been there all along and I never even noticed it, or it could be a small stress fracture from being on the spindle and having been shipped again. Doesn't look like it should affect playability, but understandable why they wouldn't accept it.

I'm a bit confused... can someone help me with a quick question?

For the N64, gameboy, and other cartridge-based games, do you still need the instruction booklet and original box? I have a few N64 games I'd dump that are in great condition... but I threw away the box and book a LOOOONG time ago...

The $20/$10 off promo ended yesterday, now it's trade in 4 games and get $50 off a PS3. There's no shipping fees if you send them in or get them sent back to you, if you're up for it, send them in and see what happens.

Sent in 2 batches of games on friday, 1 of them was received today. Luck I sent 5 because my Conker for xbox1 was rejected.

Only got 15 bucks but they were all junk games, the real thing is im trading 4 360 games for slightly more than EB and getting like 70 bucks.

Honestly, if it weren't for the 20 dollar coupon off SFIV/RE5, It's not worth the wait and inconvenience. EB+Edge is almost the same monetary value and the occasional promo for 20% would probably make amazon the poorer choice

This was a fun experiment, but it will probably be the last time I ever do it. Having money in my amazon account is dangerous because their prices are so tempting!

My advice to people, if you don't mind the hassle and want a bit more money, do EBAY. Gamestop is the biggest pile of **** gaming company of all time.

"Power to the players"- Yeah right, I feel so empowerred when you pay me 15 dollars for a game I could sell for 40 on ebay and not have to spend back at a store that considers merchandise sellable if the employees take it out for rent

Just use Goozex, you may have to wait for a newer game, but it's definitely the most cost effective way of using old games to get different games.

Now I'm starting to worry. Sent in my games on 4/1 and it is now 4/14 and still not received. I wonder if they are just returning my package or are they truly lost? The status shows as not yet received. I checked the FAQ and it states that they aren't responsible for lost packages. I'd rather just get my games back now and not have to deal with this any more. There doesn't appear to be any type of tracking number to check on the shipment. Anyone else have to wait more than 14 days for the delivery?

[quote name='ebay33']Now I'm starting to worry. Sent in my games on 4/1 and it is now 4/14 and still not received. I wonder if they are just returning my package or are they truly lost? The status shows as not yet received. I checked the FAQ and it states that they aren't responsible for lost packages. I'd rather just get my games back now and not have to deal with this any more. There doesn't appear to be any type of tracking number to check on the shipment. Anyone else have to wait more than 14 days for the delivery?[/QUOTE]

If you sent them in using the prepaid Media Mail slip then you would only get tracking if you did Delivery Confirmation on the package. Otherwise, you're out of luck.

I sent in 4 games last Thursday. They received and accepted them on Monday (3 business days). Now I'm just waiting for my $20 off coupon.

Yeah I want to see when they receive my trade ins as well.
mypictures5.jpg
mypictures10.jpg

Sent in on friday, got 1 yesterday and the other today. So I now have 68 bucks from this, but the only reason this was better than ebay or GS is the 20 dollar coupon I'm waiting on.

Now to decide between getting SFIV, RE5, or Star Ocean IV

I sent my games on 4/7 and got my credit in my account today. They took all 4 of my(perfect) games. Now I have to wait for my $20 discount coupon and I'll be happy.

It is a coupon right?

My shipment finally arrived at its destination. It took 14 days (shipped 4/1 and arrived 4/15). If I use this service again, I'll probably upgrade to a faster shipping method. But I'm very happy that my shipment wasn't lost.

[quote name='lilboo']Question
If I do 8 games (2 different orders of 4) will I get 2 $20 coupons? Sorry if that has been asked![/quote]

nope, its 1 per household, i found out too late

Got my $20 off coupon today. Not a bad turn around from last week.

And they even lowered the price of Phantasy Star Portable to $32.99. Sweet!

question here

so can you trade in any 4 games? there is no minimum trade in value?
also, when you trade your 4 games in, do you need to do anything else to get that coupon code? or do they automatically send it to you when you just simply trade 4 games in?

[quote name='decrot']question here

also, when you trade your 4 games in, do you need to do anything else to get that coupon code? or do they automatically send it to you when you just simply trade 4 games in?[/QUOTE]

Promotion has been extended another week. Simply send in 4 complete, excellent condition games listed in their trade in store with a total value of more than $10 and everything should happen automatically.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='decrot']question here

also, when you trade your 4 games in, do you need to do anything else to get that coupon code? or do they automatically send it to you when you just simply trade 4 games in?[/quote]

The only minimum is the minimum total of $10 before they'll let you ship anything to them. Once your trade is received, you should get the coupon e-mailed to you once all four games have been approved.

Oh yeah. They extended the promotion by another week.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht..._rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=473746531&pf_rd_i=979418011

Does anyone know if amazon will accept wii sports as a trade in if it doesn't have the cardboard casing? I have the manual and game inside a white wii shell casing. I called them and they basically said, "send it in and you'll find out"..

[quote name='Shady3011']The only minimum is the minimum total of $10 before they'll let you ship anything to them. Once your trade is received, you should get the coupon e-mailed to you once all four games have been approved.

Oh yeah. They extended the promotion by another week.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht..._rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=473746531&pf_rd_i=979418011[/quote]
so you don't have to do anything extra to get that 10 coupon right? you just have to submit your trade in's and they'll just give you the coupon automatically?

[quote name='decrot']so you don't have to do anything extra to get that 10 coupon right? you just have to submit your trade in's and they'll just give you the coupon automatically?[/QUOTE]

If they accept your games you'll get credit instantly and your coupon code within a few days.

[quote name='dancingdave12']Damn, but thanks for the heads up.
P.gif
[/QUOTE]

Actually, I was wrong, the promotion has been extended another week. Let me edit my original post.

[quote name='mattcube64']I'm a bit confused... can someone help me with a quick question?

For the N64, gameboy, and other cartridge-based games, do you still need the instruction booklet and original box? I have a few N64 games I'd dump that are in great condition... but I threw away the box and book a LOOOONG time ago...[/quote]

I e-mailed NorAm International (the company who is processing the trades) to ask about this. I got a reply pretty quickly, and she told me that boxes and manuals are required for cartridges, but that they do make exceptions for "older" games and then she asked which games I have. I have all of the boxes and manuals for the GBA games I'm sending in, but for anybody else who is looking to trade cartridges without manuals and boxes you can contact them first to make sure that your games are eligible. I think somebody else posted it already, but this is their website: http://www.norampartners.com/

I got my coupon today, I got Street fighter 4 for 14 bucks after the coupon and the trade in credit of my 4 games.

Pretty good deal since those games were just taking up space on my shelf.

bread's done
Back