CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)

LINK

Trade in any 4 games, get a bonus $20 off a select new release

Trade in any 2 games, get a bonus $10 off a select new release

Trade in any four games through Amazon.com's Video Games Trade-In store before April 12, 2009 and in addition to your Amazon.com Gift Card, you'll receive $20 off a select new release title in the Video Games store. Don't have 4 games you want to trade in? Trade in any two games before April 12, 2009 and you'll receive $10 off a select new release.

Well its good that a few people finally got their stuff, i may try this out
mypictures5.jpg
mypictures10.jpg

I submitted my trade-ins at 4/09, just before the deadline on 4/12.

Amazon finally processed and deposited my Gift card today.

Now I received credit for my trade-ins, which was $27, but I'm wondering where is the extra $20 I was suppose to receive?

It seems like most of you guys received claim codes relatively quick after receiving your gift cards. I'm on the phone with an operator now, and she is telling me amazon never sent me an email for the claim codes, in fact I wasn't suppose to receive one!

Well turns out amazon is giving me a $20 discount off any future purchases to make up for this. Took awhile, mostly on hold, but eventually she told me I'm to expect this discount on my next purchase.

Just in case any of you guys don't get your promotional codes, give them a quick call. Hopefully they'll sort out things and give you the discount you rightfully deserve.

Oh, and sorry for the bump.

[quote name='ChingChing']I submitted my trade-ins at 4/09, just before the deadline on 4/12.

Amazon finally processed and deposited my Gift card today.

Now I received credit for my trade-ins, which was $27, but I'm wondering where is the extra $20 I was suppose to receive?

It seems like most of you guys received claim codes relatively quick after receiving your gift cards. I'm on the phone with an operator now, and she is telling me amazon never sent me an email for the claim codes, in fact I wasn't suppose to receive one!

Well turns out amazon is giving me a $20 discount off any future purchases to make up for this. Took awhile, mostly on hold, but eventually she told me I'm to expect this discount on my next purchase.

Just in case any of you guys don't get your promotional codes, give them a quick call. Hopefully they'll sort out things and give you the discount you rightfully deserve.

Oh, and sorry for the bump.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. I submitted my games even earlier than you, and got the first e-mail saying my trade-in has been received on April 7. However, still no coupon. I tried calling and the guy who answered was useless. Then via e-mail Amazon told me to wait the full 30 days after the promotion ended to see if I receive a coupon. If not, then they will help me out. Maybe I should give them another call to see if I can get results like yours.

[quote name='jcarlon']Hmm. I submitted my games even earlier than you, and got the first e-mail saying my trade-in has been received on April 7. However, still no coupon. I tried calling and the guy who answered was useless. Then via e-mail Amazon told me to wait the full 30 days after the promotion ended to see if I receive a coupon. If not, then they will help me out. Maybe I should give them another call to see if I can get results like yours.[/QUOTE]

Well just called again and they gave the same response. Wait 30 days. Awesome.

I mailed my trade-ins on 4/11, got the email they had been received on 4/20, then just this morning (4/22) got the promo code email. Mine was only for $10 off, as I only traded in 2 games, but I did get it, and already used it :)

My trade-in was confirmed last week and I got my code this morning. Pissed though because they're returning GHII for lack of a UPC or some crap like that. I bought it legit at CC a few months ago so I'm a little struck that I'm basically out $16 for something so little. Oh well.

i had the same problem. I traded in GHIII for the wii and its getting returned for the lack of upc. Anyone know if they Guitar bundles w/ game comes with the upc code?

I emailed them to say its been 8 days since I got confirmation of my trade ins and they said I had to wait the 30 days after promotion ends...grrr

I called amazon about my returned/missing upc for GHIII and they said that i couldn't send another game because the promotion is over. so i ended up trading 3 games just for a 10 dollar discount. But the operator said that they will give me 10 bucks in credit. But its been a day and I haven't seen 10 bucks credited to my account? anyone else who had problems get a credit? What form should it come in?

bread's done
Back