Amazon Video Games Gold Box for Tuesday 4/23: GoW: Judgement $34.99, Halo 4 $29.99

zzamaro

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]30031[/IMG-R]Today''s Amazon Gold Box deals event features discounts on 7 gaming items, including God of War: Ascension $39.99 and God of War PS3 Bundle $279.99 as the Deals of the Day.

Lightning Deal Schedule (Pacific Time):
:360: Gears of War: Judgment $34.99 (12 to 5am)
:360: Halo 4 $29.99 (5 to 7am)
:360::ps3: Hitman Absolution $18.99 (7 to 9am)
:360::ps3: Dead Space 3 $39.99 (9 to 11 pm)
iconamazon.gif
Tritton 720+ 7.1 Headset $99.99 (11am to 1pm)
iconamazon.gif
Turtle Beach Ear Force PX51 Premium Wireless Dolby Digital Gaming Headset $199.99 (1 to 3pm)
:3ds::psp: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward $29.99 (3 to 5pm)
:360: Forza Horizon/Forza Horizon Limited Edition $19.99 (5 to 7pm)
:360: Kinect Sports Ultimate Collection $14.99 (7 to 9pm)
iconamazon.gif
Lego Lord of the Rings $19.99 (9 to 11pm)

Amazon Gold Box Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rcerboss']I don't know anybody who doesn't. Nobody who actually owns the system anyways. I do here a lot of "troll" comments regarding the 3D though.[/QUOTE]

I for one don't. It hurts my eyes. (I have the original model)

Also, I rather not waste what precious battery power this thing can hold anyway.

Buuuut it was more of a sarcastic question anyway, considering the fact one has 3D and the other doesn't. :p

People who complain about micro transactions always make me laugh. :lol: Why do they bother you if you are not going to buy them? Maybe some who has less time to earn the stuff would enjoy to buy their way through or speed up the process. I never use them but they dont bother me being there. Just ignore it. And Dead Space 3 is an excellent game. Maybe not as good as the first two but very close.

Good price for Gears, it's a pretty solid game. Not a huge improvement over the previous one like Gears 3 was, but a solid game. I've had it since launch and am still playing it semi-regularly.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']People who complain about micro transactions always make me laugh. :lol: Why do they bother you if you are not going to buy them? Maybe some who has less time to earn the stuff would enjoy to buy their way through or speed up the process. I never use them but they dont bother me being there. Just ignore it. And Dead Space 3 is an excellent game. Maybe not as good as the first two but very close.[/QUOTE]
It's not about how things are now, it's the trend. Imagine they milk this to the point that your $60 game is almost unplayable until you pay another $2.99.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Good price for Gears, it's a pretty solid game. Not a huge improvement over the previous one like Gears 3 was, but a solid game. I've had it since launch and am still playing it semi-regularly.[/QUOTE]

Hows the multiplayer? I enjoyed the Demo.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Good price for Gears, it's a pretty solid game. Not a huge improvement over the previous one like Gears 3 was, but a solid game. I've had it since launch and am still playing it semi-regularly.[/QUOTE]

Erm... Judgement was a step back in almost every direction. I understand why they did the game in sections like that (due to chapter exploitation of leveling), but it is kind of cumbersome and has an awkward feeling at the end of each section.

The guns have changed a lot (for most, worse). The boom shield also became OP with the use of main hand weapons. (Gnasher + Boom Shield = rape) the addition of the markza and breech shot were definitely not needed.

[quote name='TooPoor']It's not about how things are now, it's the trend. Imagine they milk this to the point that your $60 game is almost unplayable until you pay another $2.99.[/QUOTE]

If it becomes this, then don't buy it. At this point, however, it is not the case. Besides, each Dead Space was similar to this structure.

[quote name='aircobra']Get their bundle, trade in the games to Gamestop and get GOW: Ascension.[/QUOTE]

I thought the bundle had Ascension too?

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']People who complain about micro transactions always make me laugh. :lol: Why do they bother you if you are not going to buy them? Maybe some who has less time to earn the stuff would enjoy to buy their way through or speed up the process. I never use them but they dont bother me being there. Just ignore it. And Dead Space 3 is an excellent game. Maybe not as good as the first two but very close.[/QUOTE]
If nothing else, saying it's ok by buying this game is setting a VERY dangerous precident. How long before that $60 retail game forces you to grind for 1,000 hours to earn the equivalent of the BFG or Light Arrows or w/e? How long before it takes 10,000 hours?

If you think devs are going to incorporate microtransactions without doing whatever they can to coerce gamers into using it, then I will redirect you to the successful F2P MMO's that are everywhere. Take Star Trek Online for instance (not that successful I guess lol but an MMO I occasionaly play). Everything in the cash shop can be bought with in game currency, but it will take MONTHS (not days or weeks, but yes, months) of grinding before you can get any one of the upper level items from the shop without real world money. Now I forgive it in games like that, because they are F2P. But asking for the same thing in a retail game is something nobody should tolerate, and it's only a matter of time before EA or someone else takes this to the next logical step. Dead Space 3 is EA's way of testing the waters; to see if they can get away with incorporating microtransactions into a $60 title, and in the single player no less. They will expand on this in the future, and make microtransactions all but mandatory when they think they can get away with it.

What's next for Dead Space 4? How long before they incorporate those mystery boxes where you have to pay a $1 to unlock them for that one in a million chance of a super BFG? How long before they start selling health and ammo (too many games already sell experience boosters)? They keep pushing this further and further, and I keep thinking they've gone too far to the point where it will bite them in the ass, but it never seems too. I am starting to wonder if they could get away with just adopting the full fledged arcade model where you pay $$$ for every life or game played.

Last edited:
[quote name='StryderOmega']Erm... Judgement was a step back in almost every direction. I understand why they did the game in sections like that (due to chapter exploitation of leveling), but it is kind of cumbersome and has an awkward feeling at the end of each section.

The guns have changed a lot (for most, worse). The boom shield also became OP with the use of main hand weapons. (Gnasher + Boom Shield = rape) the addition of the markza and breech shot were definitely not needed.[/QUOTE]

I agree, loved gears 1,2 & 3. I couldn't really get in to this one. Something about it just felt off to me. It never sucked me in like the previous games did.

For those who got the PS3 bundle in the past, does the GoW saga come in a case or cardboard? I already beat those games and I could get $42 at amazon with their extra $20 on trade ins and I could keep Ascension. Or do all games come in one disc?

Edit: damn just saw a video on youtube and I doubt Amazon would take vouchers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='StryderOmega']People actually use the 3D on the 3DS? I was unaware of that, lol.[/QUOTE]

Troll much? That's like saying "People actually play their videogames in HD?"

[quote name='rcerboss']If nothing else, saying it's ok by buying this game is setting a VERY dangerous precident. How long before that $60 retail game forces you to grind for 1,000 hours to earn the equivalent of the BFG or Light Arrows or w/e? How long before it takes 10,000 hours?

If you think devs are going to incorporate microtransactions without doing whatever they can to coerce gamers into using it, then I will redirect you to the successful F2P MMO's that are everywhere. Take Star Trek Online for instance (not that successful I guess lol but an MMO I occasionaly play). Everything in the cash shop can be bought with in game currency, but it will take MONTHS (not days or weeks, but yes, months) of grinding before you can get any one of the upper level items from the shop without real world money. Now I forgive it in games like that, because they are F2P. But asking for the same thing in a retail game is something nobody should tolerate, and it's only a matter of time before EA or someone else takes this to the next logical step. Dead Space 3 is EA's way of testing the waters; to see if they can get away with incorporating microtransactions into a $60 title, and in the single player no less. They will expand on this in the future, and make microtransactions all but mandatory when they think they can get away with it.

What's next for Dead Space 4? How long before they incorporate those mystery boxes where you have to pay a $1 to unlock them for that one in a million chance of a super BFG? How long before they start selling health and ammo (too many games already sell experience boosters)? They keep pushing this further and further, and I keep thinking they've gone too far to the point where it will bite them in the ass, but it never seems too. I am starting to wonder if they could get away with just adopting the full fledged arcade model where you pay $$$ for every life or game played.[/QUOTE]

OR how about you stop ranting about it in a thread where nobody cares and just let it take care of itself. If microtransactions are truly the devil's work then nobody will buy them. EA sees the results and there won't be any in Dead Space 4.

Problem solved. Buying the game itself won't set the precedent for microtransactions. Buying microtransactions creates future microtransactions. You see how that works?

[quote name='chelosera91']I thought the bundle had Ascension too?[/QUOTE]

The god of war bundle includes a copy of GOW:Acension and god of war saga games. So you get 6 games in total. 2 of them being downloadable vouchers. But I do think the 2 vouchers have an expiration date of march 31 if I'm not mistaken.

[quote name='DojimaDragon']The god of war bundle includes a copy of GOW:Acension and god of war saga games. So you get 6 games in total. 2 of them being downloadable vouchers. But I do think the 2 vouchers have an expiration date of march 31 if I'm not mistaken.[/QUOTE]

So they expired already? damn. I want to sell the gow saga on amazon but they probably dont take cardboard sleeves.

[quote name='chelosera91']So they expired already? damn. I want to sell the gow saga on amazon but they probably dont take cardboard sleeves.[/QUOTE]

The cardboard sleeves say "NOT FOR RESALE" and have a UPC of all 0s. Amazon will not accept it for trade in. You could send in just the disk in an empty replacement case but you will only get the trade value for an "acceptable" copy.

Amazon does not check or care about voucher codss so you don't have to worry about that.

[quote name='DojimaDragon']But I do think the 2 vouchers have an expiration date of march 31 if I'm not mistaken.[/QUOTE]

If its like the 30 day PS+ voucher, it may say that it expired but it still works.

[quote name='Malarkschwag']The cardboard sleeves say "NOT FOR RESALE" and have a UPC of all 0s. Amazon will not accept it for trade in. You could send in just the disk in an empty replacement case but you will only get the trade value for an "acceptable" copy.

Amazon does not check or care about voucher codss so you don't have to worry about that.[/QUOTE]

So if I send the disc for GoW HD collection and GoW 3 disc I could get the $21 trade-in value plus the extra $20? It's risky I don't know if I should pull the trigger blahh! That's the only thing stopping me from buying the bundle so i can bring down the price to $240 after all the hussle.

[quote name='aircobra']If its like the 30 day PS+ voucher, it may say that it expired but it still works.[/QUOTE]

Or Sony could tell you that you're out of luck like they did with the copy of Uncharted 2 that I bought for a friend.

[quote name='confoosious']OR how about you stop ranting about it in a thread where nobody cares and just let it take care of itself. If microtransactions are truly the devil's work then nobody will buy them. EA sees the results and there won't be any in Dead Space 4.

Problem solved. Buying the game itself won't set the precedent for microtransactions. Buying microtransactions creates future microtransactions. You see how that works?[/QUOTE]

This is very true. However, I also think of it as an offset to dev costs which is ok in my book. I would much like to see Dead Space 4 made as the ending is one hell of a cliff hanger.

Either way you go about it is fine. Just buy the game! If you don't like the microtransactions don't buy them!

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Can Best Buy PM a price that is a gold box sale?[/QUOTE]

Can they, yes. But it would be an exception as it is an exclusion to the policy.

[quote name='DojimaDragon']The god of war bundle includes a copy of GOW:Acension and god of war saga games. So you get 6 games in total. 2 of them being downloadable vouchers. But I do think the 2 vouchers have an expiration date of march 31 if I'm not mistaken.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chelosera91']So they expired already? damn. I want to sell the gow saga on amazon but they probably dont take cardboard sleeves.[/QUOTE]

The cardboard sleeves are a deal breaker, plus I hate the red console. But for those who don't mind, the code expiration date has been extended for a year. You can see this on the listing for the God of War Saga on Amazon.

Between getting my taxes back and AWD, I'm sorely tempted to pick up a PS3. Holding out to see if something more enticing gets announced at E3.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Can they, yes. But it would be an exception as it is an exclusion to the policy.[/QUOTE]

I have $10 BB credit, and if I could get Forza Horizon LE for $10, that would be the deal of the year!

[quote name='Stanley the Bugman']Or Sony could tell you that you're out of luck like they did with the copy of Uncharted 2 that I bought for a friend.[/QUOTE]

Your point?

I redeemed my code on 4/2/13 just fine. They extended the expiration date but did not say exactly when. I think the Amazon page mentioned another year.

[quote name='maximumzero']Troll much? That's like saying "People actually play their videogames in HD?"[/QUOTE]

My eyes hurt from playing in 3D! I never use it on mine.

VLR is coming soon.... :D

Yup, the 3d on the 3ds gives me a headache sadly.
Going to have to get that Virtue's Last Reward. Also have to finally play through 999 at some point I suppose.

I'd like to try Virtue's Last Reward, but I probably should wait and see if it ever hits $20.

I have a feeling GOW: Judgement is gonna be $15 very soon...
I can wait on it. Especially now that I know the DLC is a rip off.

Didn't GOW: Ascension go for $29.99 at TRU last week? I couldn't bring myself to bite at that price, with the backlog I have. When can I expect it to drop to $20 - BF or Christmas?

[quote name='groundskeeper']I just bought DMC for 30 through amazon wherehouse. Get it on Sat.[/QUOTE]

After months of lurking, I registered just to thank you for that.
So thanks.

So I've read in a place or two there's supposed to a digital version of VLR available. Where is it? Because I can't find it on the eShop. Do you think this will be a rare game to find in the future?

Edit: Apparently NA did not get this available on the eShop.

Question remains though, do you think this will become a rarer gem or will they do a reprint like with 999?

[quote name='BobbyTastic']So I've read in a place or two there's supposed to a digital version of VLR available. Where is it? Because I can't find it on the eShop. Do you think this will be a rare game to find in the future?[/QUOTE]

I looked yesterday and couldn't find it either. I think the game might be rare in the future. Many retailers don't seem to carry it in my region.

I picked up my copy of VLR for 3DS just now :D So excited!

[quote name='strait edge follower']i want vlr for my vita but i have no amazon credit to spare :([/QUOTE]

don't you have tons of gs credit, you can always transfer gs credit to amazon through trade ins

[quote name='YBX87']don't you have tons of gs credit, you can always transfer gs credit to amazon through trade ins[/QUOTE]

Nope corporate shut that down sadly.

Dam almost pulled the trigger on Virtue's Last Reward but going to hold out on getting a $20-25 price on it.

I literally JUST bought ZE:VLR yesterday at full price from Amazon -___-
Damn my impatience and lack of faith on deals like these.
Oh well. At least I'll be gettingmy copy today because of Prime. It is one of the few games I'd pay full price for though, considering the devs are so unknown.
I'll just keep those two things in mind to prevent beating myself up...

[quote name='redmangoose']I literally JUST bought ZE:VLR yesterday at full price from Amazon -___-
Damn my impatience and lack of faith on deals like these.
Oh well. At least I'll be gettingmy copy today because of Prime. It is one of the few games I'd pay full price for though, considering the devs are so unknown.
I'll just keep those two things in mind to prevent beating myself up...[/QUOTE]

I made the same mistake with Forza Horizon. Just bought the LE 3 days ago!

Forza Horizon vanilla is $19.99, LE $29.99. Standard trades in for $9.65 on Amazon right now so basically $20 to upgrade to the LE. I'm gonna pass on it since I dont play it much now but not a bad deal.

bread's done
Back