Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread II - Wikified

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
***Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread II Hit 1,000,000 Views on March 28th, 2011***

Nintendo 3DS Links:

The first nintendo 3ds consoles have appeared on warehouse deals, so far only cosmo black. The price listed was $186.99 and "Like New". Although they are currently out of stock, you may want to check back frequently.

Nintendo 3DS Cosmo Black

Aqua Blue (Check and see if there are used listings with this link)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Post All Links / Deals Via Wiki Edit HERE:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition.
Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

A BIG thanks to the CAG community for continuously posting specific deals!

Links:

Items costing $51 - $9,999 (Usually consoles appear here)

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

Lastchance Deals - Ultra discounted!

Deep Discount Deals

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items(Check here for handheld and console deals):

$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console:

LINK -- Just go here and click on system of choice for other systems besides 360 / ps3 / wii

Xbox 360

Wii

PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for the 360 slim, or ps3 to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

Previous Thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ral1121']Is AWD a used market? or is some money that we spent on there actually going back to the publishers and developers? or not like Gamestop?

AWD is returns so i would imagine developers and publishers make some money off of it right?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. They sell more then video games in the warehouse.

I understand that part but I'm just wondering if companies get some of that money, unlike gamestop where they see 100 percent profit of all used games they sell.

[quote name='ral1121']I understand that part but I'm just wondering if companies get some of that money, unlike gamestop where they see 100 percent profit of all used games they sell.[/QUOTE]

Amazon/noram gets whatever they make from the used sales. But the majority of warehouse product is returns or damaged packaging from amazons stock.... so they make their money there.

Never understood why people feel such an obligation to publishers. Most of us wouldn't think twice about buying a used car... but it's the same thing to Ford as it is to EA.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Amazon/noram gets whatever they make from the used sales. But the majority of warehouse product is returns or damaged packaging from amazons stock.... so they make their money there.

Never understood why people feel such an obligation to publishers. Most of us wouldn't think twice about buying a used car... but it's the same thing to Ford as it is to EA.[/QUOTE]

nice analogy. you do have a point there.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Amazon/noram gets whatever they make from the used sales. But the majority of warehouse product is returns or damaged packaging from amazons stock.... so they make their money there.

Never understood why people feel such an obligation to publishers. Most of us wouldn't think twice about buying a used car... but it's the same thing to Ford as it is to EA.[/QUOTE]
Can't agree more. Not sure why it'd be morally wrong to buy or sell used games.

I always support developers I like (5th Cell, Wayforward ect.) but I could care less if someone like Activision doesn't get a profit.

I don't know why you would buy used when CAG can net you a new copy for a few bucks more. You just have to be patient.

[quote name='Caddywompus21']I always support developers I like (5th Cell, Wayforward ect.) but I could care less if someone like Activision doesn't get a profit.

I don't know why you would buy used when CAG can net you a new copy for a few bucks more. You just have to be patient.[/QUOTE]
But why be patient if you can get a used copy that's just as good as a new copy right NOW for cheaper than it would be even if you were patient?

[quote name='ral1121']Are any of you CAG's strictly AWD? I'm thinking of going that route from now on.[/QUOTE]

I am for older titles and hardware. Newer titles the prices are hit-or-miss. I end up getting day1 releases at kmart now.

Oh man, new thread! I'm so excited.

wow, I need to get a life.
banner.png
:razz:

[quote name='ral1121']Are any of you CAG's strictly AWD? I'm thinking of going that route from now on.[/QUOTE]
Between the regular Amazon prices and AWD I've become spoiled. I don't think I could ever go back to paying anywhere near MSRP for stuff again.:booty:

For now, yeah. I got a PS3 off of here and I'm slowly building a library. Basically, I'm watching for PS3 games that are $25 and under through AWD. Plus Prime shipping helps with the decisions.

[quote name='munch']Damn, I was hoping to get this for less. I'm wondering if I should jump on it now or wait?[/QUOTE]

Well, look at it this way. It doesn't say Killzone 3 is not included thats still a 60 dollar value. the 160 system GOOD is 198, so for 25 more dollars you get a Like-New system with a free game.

Still sounds like Winning. :)

Edit - and it's gone! Did you get it, Munch?

What have XLs been going for on AWH recently? Both me and my brother are in the market for a new one and I am wondering what they are at now that the 3DS is around the corner.

[quote name='randomthinker']250gb 360 Kinect Bundle (Very Good) - $305[/QUOTE]

Thanks I got that. I was looking to pick up a 250GB 360 Slim but this will work out better because I can sell the Kinect and game out of it, getting a 250GB 360 for less than $200!

I saw that Very Good PS3 160GB for $198 earlier and almost bit on it but I am trying to force myself to wait until E3 to pick one up because there has to be a price drop or new bundle coming out since they are not making the 320GB Move Bundles anymore.

My 40GB PS3 Phat - Acceptable for $200 arrived last Saturday from AWD and I have used it over the weekend and it works fine. Cosmetically there are light scratches all over the console but nothing huge. The controller they sent me was gross though with all kinds of gunk on it and it is just a regular Sixaxis, not a Dualshock 3. I have it for sale on Craigslist right now for $220 so if I cant sell it within 30 days I am going to return it.

Thanks for the heads up on the 160GB PS3's! I bought one since with tax, that what it would be around these parts at $200. Now I don' have to worry about my 60GB going out and not having a PS3 to play. Sweet!

[quote name='theflicker']I still see them there. Wish I could pull the trigger on one.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it was definitely still there. Snagged my first Warehouse deal. Thanks guys!

Still rocking my original DS so I figured it's time for an upgrade.

[quote name='CountChoculitis']Thanks I got that. I was looking to pick up a 250GB 360 Slim but this will work out better because I can sell the Kinect and game out of it, getting a 250GB 360 for less than $200!.[/QUOTE]

just a note on this - remember that the Kinect bundles don't come with the AC adapter for the Kinect, which you need in order to use it with old non-slim 360s (the Kinect can draw power from the slims, but not the phats). If you resell, keep that in mind, lest you get an upset buyer!

Hmm, can trade in my current XL for $100 GC from amazon... wonder if it's worth the effort/somewhat more money/waiting for a Mario XL to show up again just for how sweet it looks :p

[quote name='randomthinker']Hmm, can trade in my current XL for $100 GC from amazon... wonder if it's worth the effort/somewhat more money/waiting for a Mario XL to show up again just for how sweet it looks :p[/QUOTE]

If you've downloaded DSiWare and don't mind losing it, hey, go ahead.

[quote name='randomthinker']Hmm, can trade in my current XL for $100 GC from amazon... wonder if it's worth the effort/somewhat more money/waiting for a Mario XL to show up again just for how sweet it looks :p[/QUOTE]

Ha, you're not the only person to contemplate that, my friend :p I've been eying them for a while now, thinking of trading in my Bronze XL for a Mario and use the credit for something tasty later :D

Utopianmachine - Have you played 999 on the DS? I'm curious to how it stacks up to Ghost Trick which I'm thinking about picking up too.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Utopianmachine - Have you played 999 on the DS? I'm curious to how it stacks up to Ghost Trick which I'm thinking about picking up too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I played 999. I totally recommend it. Ghost Trick is a much lighter game, and in some ways, more enjoyable. 999 is really dark. There are multiple endings, and the game assumes you will play the game multiple times. You can't even get the good ending without getting a specific other ending. I used a walkthrough to achieve the good ending, after getting three or four bad endings.

I would recommend Ghost Trick over 999, but 999 is a must-play as well. It's just so unique and clever.

Thanks :) I actually DID play 999, and absolutely loved it. So much it's probably my favorite DS game. At least of it's Visual Novel type genre.

Recommending GT over 999 definitely has me intrigued and I really look forward to checking it out now. Does GT have multiple endings as well?

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Thanks :) I actually DID play 999, and absolutely loved it. So much it's probably my favorite DS game. At least of it's Visual Novel type genre.

Recommending GT over 999 definitely has me intrigued and I really look forward to checking it out now. Does GT have multiple endings as well?[/QUOTE]

Not as far as I know. Ghost Trick is pretty linear.

I guess I found 999 to be really dark. I hated it when one of the bad endings would suddenly rear its ugly head.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Not as far as I know. Ghost Trick is pretty linear.

I guess I found 999 to be really dark. I hated it when one of the bad endings would suddenly rear its ugly head.[/QUOTE]

That's a bummer hearing about lack of extra endings. Ever since Chrono Trigger back on the SNES I've loved multiple endings in a game.

Of course, one doesn't need multiple to be good, however I loved that about 999. Even the bad endings gave you glimpses, one even was pretty humorous albeit kind of morbid. All together it told a great story which is my favorite aspect of any game.

Still keeping an eye out for a AWD Ghost Trick :D

When it says that the item is due on a given date, is it more possible that it's a trade-in?

Thanks to those who answered my questions in the thread previously, too.

[quote name='joseraul']When it says that the item is due on a given date, is it more possible that it's a trade-in?

Thanks to those who answered my questions in the thread previously, too.[/QUOTE]

I think it's more likely that it is a return but it's possible it's a trade.

[quote name='cheeky']I think it's more likely that it is a return but it's possible it's a trade.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

So they blindly trust whatever the end user fills in on the return/trade-in description... :cold:

[quote name='cheeky']I think it's more likely that it is a return but it's possible it's a trade.[/QUOTE]

I thought the stuff going to NorAM was sold under the Peaceofmind books store and not AWD?

(not to be confused with fulfilled by amazon)

[quote name='confoosious']I thought the stuff going to NorAM was sold under the Peaceofmind books store and not AWD?

(not to be confused with fulfilled by amazon)[/QUOTE]

Out of my last few AWD purchases, I received a black label Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2), a special edition Kingdom Hearts 358 2 days (only available through Gamestop I believe), and a third game with gamestop stickers still on the front and back of the case. AWD definitely has so sell some of the used games they receive, or how else would I have received games from gamestop? :lol:

[quote name='lunker']just a note on this - remember that the Kinect bundles don't come with the AC adapter for the Kinect, which you need in order to use it with old non-slim 360s (the Kinect can draw power from the slims, but not the phats). If you resell, keep that in mind, lest you get an upset buyer![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I always list my craigslist ads with "All sales are final" :cool: so not my problem if they did not do the research lol.

[quote name='MSI Magus']What have XLs been going for on AWH recently? Both me and my brother are in the market for a new one and I am wondering what they are at now that the 3DS is around the corner.[/QUOTE]

It depends BY FAR the best XL to get is the MK Bundle due to it being SUPER SEXY (LOL) plus you get Mario Kart with it, so if you already have Mario Kart you can sell it or trade it in to most places for around $20. I along with many others have gotten ours for $133.99. Mine came in brand spanking new, sealed, just a big gash on the box, the others were used but in great shape after they cleaned them up a little.

Other people have found them as low as $107 (definitely used though most likely) I have also seen the royal blue xl in acceptable condition for as low as $114, bronze for $110 and burgandy for $114.. So ya I would say anywhere from $110-$115. If you can find an MK bundle for $133.99 like new, jump on it.. You would be getting the best of the XLs in the MK one plus can trade or sell MK for around $20 (or more in some cases if you sell it to someone since it is in brand new packaging) Making it $113.99. So ya you have some options out there.

A little warning though, ALL of the xl deals go extremely fast. I was on the hunt for a few days and they pretty much show up and are gone within a couple minutes. So be prepared to put a little time/effort into it if you want one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back