Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread II - Wikified

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
***Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread II Hit 1,000,000 Views on March 28th, 2011***

Nintendo 3DS Links:

The first nintendo 3ds consoles have appeared on warehouse deals, so far only cosmo black. The price listed was $186.99 and "Like New". Although they are currently out of stock, you may want to check back frequently.

Nintendo 3DS Cosmo Black

Aqua Blue (Check and see if there are used listings with this link)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Post All Links / Deals Via Wiki Edit HERE:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition.
Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

A BIG thanks to the CAG community for continuously posting specific deals!

Links:

Items costing $51 - $9,999 (Usually consoles appear here)

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

Lastchance Deals - Ultra discounted!

Deep Discount Deals

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items(Check here for handheld and console deals):

$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console:

LINK -- Just go here and click on system of choice for other systems besides 360 / ps3 / wii

Xbox 360

Wii

PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for the 360 slim, or ps3 to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

Previous Thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TraBuch']How's MMA's career mode?[/QUOTE]

As good as I've seen yet. You start out at Bas Rutten's gym, and after a few fights you earn money that allows you to travel to other gyms. You can go to Randy's, Pat's, and Rickson's. A short while later, 3 or 4 more gyms open up. Each one has specialties and you can only learn certain moves at certain gyms. You can customize your fighter's moves quite a bit based on how you decide to train. Money very quickly becomes irrelevant, however.

The really cool thing is that you move through multiple leagues, and the various leagues have different rules, different fighters, and are located in different countries. If you choose one league over another, you'll have to start a new career to go back to choose the other one, so there's definitely some replay value there.

I'm not a big fan of fighting games, but I had no problem going through 40 fights and finishing out my career. There's about as much depth to the career mode as in any MMA/boxing game I've seen so far. Go for it. It's a very good game.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']They're definitely not on par with the Wii ~yet~, and that's what I was expecting. I'm not gonna compare 3DS to NGP, doesn't make sense at all.

But, better graphics would have meant even worse battery life, rofl. Dear god.[/QUOTE]

You sure? SSFIV 3ds look better than most wii gane imo.

Can anyone comment on the differences between Forza 3 and Forza 3: Ultimate? Both are on AWD, and I want to pick up one of them. Just wanted to see if price difference (12.99 vs. 18.99) was worth the upgrade.

[quote name='linkbear']Can anyone comment on the differences between Forza 3 and Forza 3: Ultimate? Both are on AWD, and I want to pick up one of them. Just wanted to see if price difference (12.99 vs. 18.99) was worth the upgrade.[/QUOTE]

Ultimate has all of the DLC (on a second disk) plus special DLC that comes on a piece of paper. Chances are that will be redeemed though, but you never know. If you like Forza the 6 dollar difference is worth it, imo.

I bought a DSI XL instead of 3DS because I heard the DSi games played on a 3DS don't look that great. If I really cared about fancy graphics I will just play my PS3 Or xbox 360.

[quote name='hwmusic']I bought a DSI XL instead of 3DS because I heard the DSi games played on a 3DS don't look that great. If I really cared about fancy graphics I will just play my PS3 Or xbox 360.[/QUOTE]
I'm confused, if you don't care about graphics, why does it matter if the DS games don't look that great on the 3DS?

For the people complaning about DS games looking washed out, I read that if hold down select and start after inserting a DS game and continue to hold it while pressing A to start it up, it optimizes or whatever the top screen so that DS games look better on the 3DS. You'll know it worked if the image of the DS card on the home menu spins. I have yet to try it myself, but I plan to give it a try soon.

[quote name='Xellos2099']You sure? SSFIV 3ds look better than most wii gane imo.[/QUOTE]

If you shrink a Wii game down to the 3DS's resolution, then it'll be a fair comparison. Until then... I still think the above average Wii games look better. SSFIV3D looks fine though, I have no complaints.

[quote name='TraBuch']I'm confused, if you don't care about graphics, why does it matter if the DS games don't look that great on the 3DS?[/QUOTE]

Well, I at the very least want my DSi games to look as they were originally intended. And the 3DS fix where you hold start and select puts black borders around it making the game even smaller

wow, can't believe the 3DS is already up...I would love to pick one up at $187...Congrats to those who got it...

[quote name='ral1121']How low do you guys think the 3DS will reach on AWD?[/QUOTE]

I think $187 is lower than most of us expected. I figured it'd be around $215 or so. As more become available, we'll get a sense of what the going rate is. For example, almost all of the Mario XLs are going for $134, with a few a exceptions of course.

[quote name='dmdragon']The menu likely isnt the same audio as the movie. I would mess with the settings more
Have you tried a different hdmi cable?

If netflix works then it definitely looks like a bd audio setting[/QUOTE]
Thanks again for the suggestion - I got a little further into the settings and it seems like that was the culprit along with a dirty (possibly just dusty) laser. Tested with the same movies and all seems to be well. Glad I didn't hastily send it back to Amazon.

hmm would the most efficient decision for getting a 360 slim ? GB wise. Im not really interested in getting the kinect. but is 4gb usually enough for you guys?

[quote name='david12795']hmm would the most efficient decision for getting a 360 slim ? GB wise. Im not really interested in getting the kinect. but is 4gb usually enough for you guys?[/QUOTE]
I had gotten an old model 250 GB HDD for $70 after a ton of coupons at Kmart a couple months before starting to look for a slim, so I just got a 4GB Slim and bought a chinese HDD enclosure on eBay and turned it into a 254 GB Slim. I already had a Kinect as well.

There have been sales on the old and new model HDDs lately. If you don't already have an old 360 HDD, then with the money you are saving by picking up a real cheap WD console, you can afford to pick up a new HDD on the cheap. I would say get the 4 GB console and just stick a new HDD in it.

[quote name='david12795']hmm would the most efficient decision for getting a 360 slim ? GB wise. Im not really interested in getting the kinect. but is 4gb usually enough for you guys?[/QUOTE]

4GB is nowhere near enough. There are XBLA games and demos that are over 1 gb on their own.

thanks for the insight guys. i was THINKING about getting a 360 mainly for online (most of my friends have it). im the only one who has a ps3 :whistle2:/

[quote name='david12795']thanks for the insight guys. i was THINKING about getting a 360 mainly for online (most of my friends have it). im the only one who has a ps3 :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]
If you were to get a 4GB with the intention of throwing a new HDD in there though, I would make sure you have the HDD lined up to buy. You wouldn't want to get the console and wait around for a month for a deal on the HDD and have filled up the flash memory with XBLA games.

[quote name='genfuyung']4GB is nowhere near enough. There are XBLA games and demos that are over 1 gb on their own.[/QUOTE]
Not to mention all the games you'll be installing.

If you plan on waiting on the hdd, dont forget you can use a usb stick up to 16gb and format it as a memory card and play games off that. It won't do anything but hold off the inevitable, but at least it will buy you some time for getting a HDD

Just buy the Xbox 360 with the larger storage, I have a 120GB drive and my drive has 45 GB left after only installing games

I too would recommend getting the hdd off the bat. I've upgraded from 20 gb to 60 gb to 250 gb. Just get the 250 off the bat since that is the standard.

I bought the 4gb w/Kinect on AWD and the next week or so I got a 250hdd on AWD. After selling the Kinect to a friend I paid about $175 for everything. 4gb isn't enough long term.

I'm eyeing the $169.99 Xbox 360 4gb model, but I just realized I gotta extract my 250 gb HD from it's enclosure to install it in this model...Kind of a bummer I can't just plug it in.

[quote name='david12795']thanks you guys. i just wanted an opinion about 360 HDD. i wasnt sure how they work but they take as much amount as the ps3's[/QUOTE]
Only good thing about the PS3's HDD is that it's able to swapped out with any SATA laptop HDD and doesn't require some custom case to make it work with the system unlike the 360's.

An option to look into though is an up to 16gb USB flash drive that's formatted FAT32 to use as a HDD on the 360.:D

Sweet. Tomorrow is my day off, and the XL is expected tomorrow. Hopefully they won't try to deliver during the 3 hours I am out. :(

Does installing the games on the hard drive make performance a lot better for load times? I always play of the disc because I remember some debate about how Halo 3 was slower on the drive than on the disc.

[quote name='humidore']I'm eyeing the $169.99 Xbox 360 4gb model, but I just realized I gotta extract my 250 gb HD from it's enclosure to install it in this model...Kind of a bummer I can't just plug it in.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I'm in the same boat. I understand the internal slot but they should have put an external plug on the new slim 360 so that we can just plug our old drives in it. I did order an $8 enclosure from buy.com

[quote name='Indiana']I agree, I'm in the same boat. I understand the internal slot but they should have put an external plug on the new slim 360 so that we can just plug our old drives in it. I did order an $8 enclosure from buy.com[/QUOTE]

I bought a snap-together enclosure on ebay and it works great. The original hard drive is pretty easy to remove from it's enclosure and then putting it into the snap together enclosure is a breeze.

[quote name='Indiana']Does installing the games on the hard drive make performance a lot better for load times? I always play of the disc because I remember some debate about how Halo 3 was slower on the drive than on the disc.[/QUOTE]
In general, it is better, if only by 3-5 seconds. There is an entire forum thread here on CAG that does a comparison, I am just too lazy to track it down.

As for Halo 3, they must have resolved it, seeing as how it is now a downloadable game from the Xbox Marketplace.

Sorry for the offtopic.

Not only does installing the games make them (a little) faster, it reduces the wear on the optical drive, which is a weakpoint on the 360. Always install games to the drive. If you're short on space, just remove some of the installs of games you aren't actively playing. The other plus to installing games is then you'll immediately know if there's anything wrong with the disc. If it can't read some portion, you'll find out when installing it.

You definetly want to install the games!!

I was freaking out b/c my xbox would make a loud buzzing sound w/ certain games.
Came on here and a few people suggested installing the games, no more buzzing sound while I play the game, only when installing the games.

Stay away from the 4GB xbox unless your planning on adding more memory to install games.

[quote name='Indiana']Does installing the games on the hard drive make performance a lot better for load times? I always play of the disc because I remember some debate about how Halo 3 was slower on the drive than on the disc.[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly; which I may not; Halo 3 was slower because the game already basically did what installing it would do...so essentially it was doing it twice.

And yes, if you can you always want to install the games. Sometimes it not only makes the load times faster, but it will make the game itself run better as well. The best example I've ever seen of this is Oblivion, it was night and day from disc loading to install.

Halo 3 is the only exception I know of where the game doesn't run as well when installed.

Even for those games whose performance isn't improved when installed, at least you won't have to listen to the disc whir in the tray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back