Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread III - For Penny Deals Discussion go to BRAGGING RIGHTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

A BIG thanks to the CAG community for continuously posting specific deals!

Link:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Wiki Section:
(Please post good deals you find here - The goal is to try and make this area a section people can frequently check, rather than having to browse that last few pages for deals that the community has posted. Feel free to post a deal you find as a reply, but I would appreciate if you could post here as well.)

Consoles:
:360: Xbox 360:

:ps3: PS3

:wii: Wii

:pc:PC

Handhelds:

:3ds: Nintendo 3DS

:ds: Nintendo DS

:psp: PSP

Link To Items(Check here for handheld and console deals):

$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Nintendo 3DS Links:

Nintendo 3DS Cosmo Black

Nintendo 3DS Aqua Blue

Browse Games by Console:

Nintendo 3DS

Sony PSP

Xbox 360

Wii

PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for the 360 slim, or ps3 to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah! They insist on making early adopters look rich and CAGs look... welll, cheap :p On another note, very upset I missed out on Xenogears for 31.99 Like new last week, Was on the fence and decided to wait it out and now its up to $67.99!

[quote name='zechs34']Yeah I know, but you know some people hate those GH/PH cases :/ I know I do lol[/QUOTE]

There are images of the cases floating around and they're really not that bad. They actually look a little better than regular retail (This is coming from a guy who normally hates Greatest Hits cases).

Wii-Select-Title-Box-Art.jpg

They still look bad.

[quote name='Kaiser499']

They still look bad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I mean I can see how they dont look as bad as GH/PH but honestly, they look tacky, yet classy, in a Nintendo only sort of way ... :roll:

I don't get why the big 3 waste time to reprint these games with new cases ETC.
A sticker on the outside saying Nintendo Select MSRP 19.99 has the same affect

Because they know that incoming "bad packaging" makes a select group of people rush out and buy the more expensive "good packaging" versions before they're gone.

[quote name='Vegan']Because they know that incoming "bad packaging" makes a select group of people rush out and buy the more expensive "good packaging" versions before they're gone.[/QUOTE]

I'd say most CAGs wait for the day of the price drop and snag up the OG versions at the GH price.

[quote name='Vegan']Because they know that incoming "bad packaging" makes a select group of people rush out and buy the more expensive "good packaging" versions before they're gone.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

I thought the Greatest Hits packaging was bad for PS3 games. This looks much worse.

[quote name='Jawmuncher']I don't get why the big 3 waste time to reprint these games with new cases ETC.
A sticker on the outside saying Nintendo Select MSRP 19.99 has the same affect[/QUOTE]

I think you're missing the point here. These don't get printed so that you can add an older game with crappy box art to your collection, they're here so that these games can be re-solicited after they've passed their prime.

You and I both know that these games were popular and sold well, but do you know who doesn't? Every other person that doesn't read about video games on the internet. These are for those new console buyers and gift-giving grandmothers looking for a game that they think will probably be good without having to look it up on Metacritic.

Grandma is going to totally miss your "Nintendo Select" sticker - she needs big, dumb, flashy art that says "HEY THIS IS A GOOD GAME AND IT'S CHEAPER THAN THE OTHER CRAP ON THE SHELF, YOU SHOULD PROBABLY JUST BUY IT". And keep in mind, this isn't the first time these companies have made 'Players Choice' or 'Greatest Hits' games - if they didn't sell they wouldn't make them.

But I agree, this shit is fugly and I'd never buy it. :)

[quote name='kk012']:applause:

I thought the Greatest Hits packaging was bad for PS3 games. This looks much worse.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, and the silver Xbox 360 Greatest Hits were ugly to.

Maybe the marketing people know something we don't.

But why did it take Nintendo 5 years to release a GH/Player's Choice/Nintendo Select line?

Rhetorical. I know the answer is "Because they can get away with selling old shit for $50 for 5 years straight" but it still disgusts me. All it took was lame Kinect/Move to remove Wii's edge/novelty factor. By that I mean the Soccer Moms see all 3 systems have motion control now, so Nintendo needs to lower prices to still look appealing.

[quote name='Kaiser499']

They still look bad.[/QUOTE]

Aren't those mockups? I recall hearing Nintendo hasn't officially shown the artwork.

[quote name='CreepinDeth']Aren't those mockups? I recall hearing Nintendo hasn't officially shown the artwork.[/QUOTE]

Google "Nintendo Selects" and choose image search. Every single match shows the same artwork. I think that's likely the artwork, we'll know for sure in a week but it seems likely to be the official artwork.

When they do have deals on DSI XLs, how cheap do they usually go for?

Been looking to upgrade from my DS Lite. Screen is just too small.

[quote name='Pojo']When they do have deals on DSI XLs, how cheap do they usually go for?

Been looking to upgrade from my DS Lite. Screen is just too small.[/QUOTE]

lowest seen is $99 for acceptable $133 for like new,
that was before AWD inflated prices.
now they go for about $133 for acceptable and $164 like new

One of the best purchases for me yet from Amazon Warehouse even though their prices have been terrible. I ordered a "Good" Trails in the Sky Premium edition for 26.99. I got it today, there is a VERY SLIGHT bend on the side of the box. Everything inside was brand new and still sealed.

I just got the Acceptable MGS PSP 3000 bundle in the mail today, and it looks to be basically like new. It also did come in its retail box! The ONLY things not included in the box were the PSP hardware manuals and stuff related to that. It had the PSP, charger, battery, MGS UMD disc with the paper sleeve, the MGS instruction manual, AND the slips of paper with the 2012 movie voucher and the MGS DLC voucher on them. Obviously I cannot see if they are still valid now, but I will check when the PSN goes back up.

The PSP did have a screen protector installed on it that is just SLIGHTLY off center, but there are no air bubbles on it. It can be a little annoying looking at it from a certain angle and the light reflects off the bottom edge of the screen protector, but overall it's not really that big of a deal. I am more glad that there are no air bubbles on it. I am loving the green color of the PSP. Overall I am very happy with the purchase and glad I took a gamble on an Acceptable condition item.

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - $22.99 (Like New)

And I just got my "LIke New" Ogre Battle for Playstation in the mail today along with Metroid: Zero Mission and they both look fantastic. Ogre Battle's case has some shelf wear but came with unused Memory Card stickers and the map. Metroid's box looks flawless and came complete with everything, even the little plastic baggie to hold the game. I'm very satisfied with my purchase.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Google "Nintendo Selects" and choose image search. Every single match shows the same artwork. I think that's likely the artwork, we'll know for sure in a week but it seems likely to be the official artwork.[/QUOTE]

I'm expecting they'll be like the Japanese versions, which are just slip covers. The original art should be underneath it.

Black (221.99) and Blue (222.99) 3DSs are there. Like new. But, hey, who's guessing we are going to see a price cut or good bundle announcement at E3? I am.

I have, I think, my fourth game from Source Media Group coming, I've been happy with all of them so far. If they really wanted to make me happy, it'll not be the Platinum Hits version. It's about five hours late, which is unusual for UPS.

[quote name='crunchewy']Black (221.99) and Blue (222.99) 3DSs are there. Like new. But, hey, who's guessing we are going to see a price cut or good bundle announcement at E3? I am.[/QUOTE]

Bundle if we are lucky. And even then it will be bundled with just a game for $270 probably.

[quote name='BlackViper']Bundle if we are lucky. And even then it will be bundled with just a game for $270 probably.[/QUOTE]

The 3DS is tanking in Japan - sales are nearly 3 times lower there then the PSP. The PSP! In the UK there are no 3DS games in the top 40. Well, there's two, but only because they are multiplatform titles and the sales are combined in the charts. We'll find out if it's tanking in the US, but according to the Kmart gaming deals guy, it's doing so at kmart. I think there's either going to be a price drop, a free bundle for the same price, or a bevy of gift card deals at retailers everywhere. Of course I could be wrong, but for my sake I hope not. :)

Nah Nintendo hasn't even put any effort into the 3DS yet. Once Mario Kart, Zelda, Starfox, Kid Icarus and whatever else they are planning this year rolls out and the system still struggles then you might see a price cut.

I was going to wait for a bundle too, but figured it was stupid to wait for something that may or may not happen.

[quote name='crunchewy']The 3DS is tanking in Japan - sales are nearly 3 times lower there then the PSP. The PSP![/QUOTE]

Well, not really a surprise. The PSP is insanely popular over there, what with Monster Hunter Portable and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchewy
The 3DS is tanking in Japan - sales are nearly 3 times lower there then the PSP. The PSP!

Well, not really a surprise. The PSP is insanely popular over there, what with Monster Hunter Portable and all.

I called it before the 3ds came out.. I would not be shocked to see a new Handheld system shown at

E3 2012

[quote name='slidecage']Quote:
The 3DS is tanking in Japan - sales are nearly 3 times lower there then the PSP. The PSP!

I called it before the 3ds came out.. I would not be shocked to see a new Handheld system shown at

E3 2012[/QUOTE]

Honestly, all it needs is a price drop and some games.

[quote name='Survivalism']I have, I think, my fourth game from Source Media Group coming, I've been happy with all of them so far. If they really wanted to make me happy, it'll not be the Platinum Hits version.[/QUOTE]

What in the hell were the odds of that?

http://i.imgur.com/gsSHH.jpg
gsSHH.jpg

Source Media Group FTW.

The chances of getting a platinum hits copy of GTA IV is probably pretty low. I think it took them awhile before they there was a PH version and by that time a ton of GTA IV's had been sold.

Anyway, in for attempt #3 at getting a Phantasy Star Online Ep 1 & 2 Plus for GameCbue. Maybe this time AWD will actually send the right game.

[quote name='aem']The chances of getting a platinum hits copy of GTA IV is probably pretty low. I think it took them awhile before they there was a PH version and by that time a ton of GTA IV's had been sold. [/QUOTE]

You're probably right but it was specifically listed as PH which is why I was expecting it to be one, and it's only listed on all of Amazon as a Platinum Hits copy. I should try my luck with Dead Space. Plus it looks like the disc hadn't even been out of the case yet.

Got my $82 Chrono Trigger in today. It was complete and immaculate. Awesome deal. The only problem is the goddamn sticker they put over the UPC came halfway off so there is a bunch of whitish paper left behind. Anyone know how to remove that shit without damaging the box? Pics incoming.

[quote name='Survivalism']You're probably right but it was specifically listed as PH which is why I was expecting it to be one, and it's only listed on all of Amazon as a Platinum Hits copy. I should try my luck with Dead Space. Plus it looks like the disc hadn't even been out of the case yet.[/QUOTE]

...explain lol

[quote name='slidecage']Quote:

E3 2012[/QUOTE]If that was the case, the 360 would have had a new system 5 years ago. Once Senran Kagura comes out, 3DS sales will soar!

[quote name='aem']The PSP actually has good games.[/QUOTE]
I would hope so, seeing as it is 6 years older than 3DS. :lol:

[quote name='Survivalism']You're probably right but it was specifically listed as PH which is why I was expecting it to be one, and it's only listed on all of Amazon as a Platinum Hits copy. I should try my luck with Dead Space. Plus it looks like the disc hadn't even been out of the case yet.[/QUOTE]

Umm if you're talking about the picture that Amazon posts, they usually keep one listing per game hence the platinum hits picture.

[quote name='Tally Wag']Got my $82 Chrono Trigger in today. It was complete and immaculate. Awesome deal. The only problem is the goddamn sticker they put over the UPC came halfway off so there is a bunch of whitish paper left behind. Anyone know how to remove that shit without damaging the box? Pics incoming.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, congrats especially since you got it a little cheaper than me. I wouldn't describe my copy as immaculate. The map/poster inserts and the cartridge are. The manual is excellent but not perfect. I'd prefer if the box were a little nicer but it is in great condition. The surface, edges, and corners just have light wear. The Final Fantasy III I got is even better having very little wear at all to the box.

Often the stickers come off cleanly. If they don't I use adhesive remove. I put a very small amount on a paper towel and gently rub away the rest of the sticker residue. I've never had any problems doing this.

Here is are a few photos of mine if you want to compare :bouncy:

DSC08736.jpg

DSC08737.jpg

DSC08753.jpg

Adhesive remover I use (don't ever use the scraper, will leave scratches):
DSC08749.jpg

[quote name='Tally Wag']Got my $82 Chrono Trigger in today. It was complete and immaculate. Awesome deal. The only problem is the goddamn sticker they put over the UPC came halfway off so there is a bunch of whitish paper left behind. Anyone know how to remove that shit without damaging the box? Pics incoming.[/QUOTE]

you could use a blow dryer to heat up the remnants of the sticker and it should peel right off

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back