Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

A BIG thanks to the CAG community for continuously posting specific deals!

Link:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items(Check here for handheld and console deals):

$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console:

Nintendo 3DS

Sony PSP

Xbox 360

Wii

PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for the 360 slim, or ps3 to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lord Chabelo']DLC codes were not even in the game :cry:[/QUOTE]

It is hit or miss with AWD. I assume to expect no DLC when ordering from AWD but have been at times pleasantly surprised when I do get t an unused one.

I picked up a like new 4GB Slim 360.... $149.99 shipped. Figured that's pretty much the best deal out there and even for BF, the second best is Target @ $139.99 + tax = $150 anyways, if you can even get it at that price. At least that's what I'm doing to convince myself.

Now what's the best way to my 120GB old hard drive onto the new machine? I know it's a different form factor... :/

[quote name='Smidget']I picked up a like new 4GB Slim 360.... $149.99 shipped. Figured that's pretty much the best deal out there and even for BF, the second best is Target @ $139.99 + tax = $150 anyways, if you can even get it at that price. At least that's what I'm doing to convince myself.

Now what's the best way to my 120GB old hard drive onto the new machine? I know it's a different form factor... :/[/QUOTE]

you can just set it in there (just need to remove it from the housing). some people use little pieces of foam/Styrofoam to help "prop it up" 1/4" (prolly less then that) as they are afraid it might bend the connector by not having that cushioning. You should be fine without it though unless you move it around.

I bought one of the enclosures off ebay though, it was only like $8 shipped form china.

[quote name='Smidget']I picked up a like new 4GB Slim 360.... $149.99 shipped. Figured that's pretty much the best deal out there and even for BF, the second best is Target @ $139.99 + tax = $150 anyways, if you can even get it at that price. At least that's what I'm doing to convince myself.

Now what's the best way to my 120GB old hard drive onto the new machine? I know it's a different form factor... :/[/QUOTE]

You could do this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW-ow2GHjvc

[quote name='Troutyogurt']You could do this
[/QUOTE]

If doing this method, 2 things. Don't use a hammer, get the special screw driver (u can buy it off ebay for like $1-2 from china, i got mine shipped 2 day w/ prime for like $2)

Also, i would strongly advise from using pliers should u ever want to remove the hard drive. the best solution i've seen, is to use 2 pieces of scotch tape applied to each side of the harddrive, with about an inch over the side the of it, which the 2 pieces sticking to each other so its not sticky. Then you can use this a pull tab when you want to remove it.

IF YOU PICKED UP A DREAMCAST MAKE SURE YOU PLAY:

Power Stone
Power Stone 2
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Crazy Taxi
Space Channel 5
Chu Chu Rocket
Jet Grind Radio
Shenmue
Marvel vs. Capcom 2

and so many other games. I

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']
41tKHD3O5mL.jpg
[/QUOTE]

fuck

I just got the old style remote like 2 weeks ago. I would have much rather of had this.

Arc the Lad Collection for around $25 is a pretty good deal.

By the way, is it worth it to spend a few extra dollars to upgrade to "like new" from "good"?

[quote name='dafoomie']Arc the Lad Collection for around $25 is a pretty good deal.

By the way, is it worth it to spend a few extra dollars to upgrade to "like new" from "good"?[/QUOTE]

for a psx game, i would pay the extra dollars.

[quote name='XF Gator']You don't need the extra plastic black enclosure. The SATA drive out of the old HDD will sit very securely in the SATA slot on its own.

"shell" is unnecessary unless you plan on taking it out all the time.[/QUOTE]

Yep, definitely true. I did this in about 10 minutes earlier this year, and it works like a charm. I actually thought it would be harder. To do this, I bought a set of Maxtech bits from Amazon to get the necessary bits to take it apart. It's a generally useful driver set as it includes other useful and hard to find precision bits, too. Price has gone up by a few bucks, though.

And I bought the Arc the Lad Collection in "like new" condition. It says it comes "COMPLETE" with everything listed. I sure hope so! Thanks for pointing that out. Hope I didn't steal your copy!

To those who bought a Dreamcast: Shenmue. It's a great game.

Just got my 20.66 Acceptable Gears of War 3 and it's in excellent condition and has the cover, case, artwork. But it's labeled as "NOT PACKAGED FOR INDIVIDUAL SALE". But it does include Adam Fenix Character Skin and Weapon Skins pack Code. They haven't been redeemed.

[quote name='foreinter']Just got my 20.66 Acceptable Gears of War 3 and it's in excellent condition and has the cover, case, artwork. But it's labeled as "NOT PACKAGED FOR INDIVIDUAL SALE". But it does include Adam Fenix Character Skin and Weapon Skins pack Code. They haven't been redeemed.[/QUOTE]

Dang, and I thought I got a good deal @ $26, hopefully I get the codes too.... now question... is there a way to check if the codes have not been redeemed without going to redeem them?

[quote name='Smidget']Dang, and I thought I got a good deal @ $26, hopefully I get the codes too.... now question... is there a way to check if the codes have not been redeemed without going to redeem them?[/QUOTE]

When you input the code under "Redeem Code", the next screen will say "This code will entile you XXXX" and there is option "Download Now" below that. I haven't redeemed it yet. But that's how I test it if it's used. Can anyone else verify this approach?

[quote name='gospelman']PS3 version is better.. extra content, more complete[/QUOTE]

i was going to get this but it kind of looked pos. i am a fan of jrpgs

Game is indeed a POS. I was gonna get a copy for my step-bro who wants to give it a try (PS3 version, that is. I've already played the 360 version), but since there's only one, another CAG can get it if they're interested. And yes, PS3 > 360 version for content.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Game is indeed a POS[/QUOTE]

Pretty strongly disagree. I enjoyed it. But it's definitely different than a lot of games. You need to be able to appreciate the art in the game. I really like Chopin and enjoyed the visual style. Gameplay is about average. Battle system is distinctive and pretty difficult.

[quote name='whoknows']Got it for PS3.[/QUOTE]

Good call. Don't expect it to be the greatest RPG ever, but if you go in just looking for a fun 35 hour game you should enjoy it. The story does something unique and tells about a composer rather than just the usual hero plot.

I enjoyed it quite a bit actually and I seem to be one of the few that actually did.

[quote name='Phenomic']Good call. Don't expect it to be the greatest RPG ever, but if you go in just looking for a fun 35 hour game you should enjoy it. The story does something unique and tells about a composer rather than just the usual hero plot.

I enjoyed it quite a bit actually and I seem to be one of the few that actually did.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure I'll enjoy it, looks fun enough.

I've like certain other RPG's that people tend to hate anyways :p

Eternal Sonata is kinda screwed. The first time you play through it it forces you to use a gimped version of the battle system which slowly unlocks (becoming more dynamic and harder).

But it's only during the NG+ that you are able to play the game "as it's meant to be played."

It's a very slow burn at first, but I stuck with it and ended up liking it more than I thought I would.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']The music in Eternal Sonata is absolutely beautiful. Worth it for $10 for sure.[/QUOTE]

isn't it just like chopin and shit? as in, you can listen to it without dropping any money?

Eternal Sonata is not worth it at any price. The story is dull as can be and the gameplay gets repetitive quick. The fact that you can't really play the game as it's meant to be played until the second playthrough is absolutely ridiculous.

Eternal Sonata isn't that bad. Heck, when it first came out, it was one of the better RPGs out there. The battle system and story was way better then say... Enchanted Arms. Now that's a bad game that I couldn't play more then once.

This is the great thing about games. Some people can absolutely loath a game while another person just loves it. Like most things the only way to know is to try it.

[quote name='melvinmelon123']Eternal Sonata is outstanding, don't listen to the haters. It is one of the better JRPGs on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

I'm not hating, but it wasn't for me and I believe a number of people will feel the same way.

I think we can both at least agree that the direction the story and characters took was less on the serious side and more on the light-hearted. The way the game presented its morals came across as heavy-handed and belittling to me, and I had difficulty finding a reason to continue playing.

While I would say $10.70 is a great price for this game (and I bought a copy of the PS3 version myself after realizing there were around 60 left on the warehouse), I don't think it deserves the praise it gets. But people can watch the opening and determine if the story is something they may enjoy. For me, it wasn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si6ZPxdmZDc

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back